Report/Rumor: Paige Allegedly Threatened With Termination?

I think it would be hilarious if this entire thing was a work for Total Divas, and they caught up with the "TOTALLY NOT SCRIPTED" breakup forced by Mark Carrano, who's an on air personality for total Divas.

People get so defensive on this, but it's been speculated for the entire Del Rio -> Paige relationship, that it's ALL been a total divas work.

Of course it's not really a "Work" because total divas has to be "Real" Right?

I keep seeing people say WWE's in the right because they're causing trouble in the workplace. But other than one picture of just Paige in handcuffs, I don't see a reason to threaten there relationship like that. There isn't even an explanation to that story, and there were even reports that no charges were filed for whatever it was. And it may not have even involved Del Rio.

The drug thing at the same time might have been justification, if it wasn't for the fact that they were probably threatened in person, which means it happened before the suspension. And you've got to wonder with all the shit Del Rio's putting up with if they didn't do it on purpose just as a way to get the hell away from the place. Neither of them need WWE. Del Rio was already a star before, and Paige is one now. Any other wrestling company will be happy to pick them up. So for those saying "Paige is ruining her life, she needs to cool it with Del Rio"- you have no idea what you're talking about, and you have no idea what either of them did in the first place. Because people have been saying this for months over vague reports that they've got heat with management with zero explanation.

Well, you're forgetting that, as someone else pointed out. Del Rio is/was a married man when the very first photos came out of them clearly being romantic and in a relationship, which I believe Paige posted on social media.

I would assume the company wasn't thrilled that 2 of their employees entered a relationship that involved one of them having an affair. Keep in mind, this company is now "family first" and loves to come across as a product of morals and values. Openly dating a co-worker in a situation where he is cheating on his wife cannot be taken lightly.

Well, you're forgetting that, as someone else pointed out. Del Rio is/was a married man when the very first photos came out of them clearly being romantic and in a relationship, which I believe Paige posted on social media.

I would assume the company wasn't thrilled that 2 of their employees entered a relationship that involved one of them having an affair. Keep in mind, this company is now "family first" and loves to come across as a product of morals and values. Openly dating a co-worker in a situation where he is cheating on his wife cannot be taken lightly.

Not really an affair if you're posting pictures of it. Sounds more like leaving his wife to me. (And please don't be one of those people that says a couple can't be broken up until papers are finalized, that's a legal argument, not a moral one)

Who gives a shit if he didn't wait for the divorce process to complete? And given they were running the Rusev, Dolph, Lana, and Summer story (shudder), they really don't get to pretend that it's beyond them if THAT's the excuse they want to make. And finally, again- it's no one else's business.

Not really an affair if you're posting pictures of it. Sounds more like leaving his wife to me. (And please don't be one of those people that says a couple can't be broken up until papers are finalized, that's a legal argument, not a moral one)

Who gives a shit if he didn't wait for the divorce process to complete? And given they were running the Rusev, Dolph, Lana, and Summer story (shudder), they really don't get to pretend that it's beyond them if THAT's the excuse they want to make. And finally, again- it's no one else's business.

Whatever it is... 1) WWE has a right to be angry over a relationship of 2 employees causing problems and making them look bad.

2) When I, and others pointed out the hypocrisy behind them letting many other relationships live on but interfering with this one, that is a big difference. This one has caused problems. Others have not (at least not via stuff that has leaked to the public)

But when you work for a major corporation like WWE it's become their business because if something major news outlets gets a hold of this story that paige is dating a married man, since from the last thing a read he'S still married even through he thought his divorced was finalize, then it become a big problem for the company because they try to have this wholesome image of family entertainment and this makes them look bad.

Over the year, they did distance themselves form certains wrestlers or couples because of stuff that made them look bad. They fired Rhyno during is first run with the company over stuff that happenned in his personal life, Drew mcintyre got punish because of the fact that he got in a fight with his then wife taryn terrell. Melina & John Morrisson got some heat because of some of the stuff that happenned between them. So it's not the first time that WWE is middling in the personnal live of their performers. The point is if it make the company look bad, then they have the right to intervene,

I will end this with a question, if you where the owner of a billion dollar company the pride itself on family value and entertainment and one of your employee decide to go on a date a married man, would you take the risk of this relationship creates a big scandal and let it slide or would you try to make them understand how their personal relationship could damage their place of work if this would ever come out in a major news outlet?

But when you work for a major corporation like WWE it's become their business because if something major news outlets gets a hold of this story that paige is dating a married man, since from the last thing a read he'S still married even through he thought his divorced was finalize, then it become a big problem for the company because they try to have this wholesome image of family entertainment and this makes them look bad.

Over the year, they did distance themselves form certains wrestlers or couples because of stuff that made them look bad. They fired Rhyno during is first run with the company over stuff that happenned in his personal life, Drew mcintyre got punish because of the fact that he got in a fight with his then wife taryn terrell. Melina & John Morrisson got some heat because of some of the stuff that happenned between them. So it's not the first time that WWE is middling in the personnal live of their performers. The point is if it make the company look bad, then they have the right to intervene,

I will end this with a question, if you where the owner of a billion dollar company the pride itself on family value and entertainment and one of your employee decide to go on a date a married man, would you take the risk of this relationship creates a big scandal and let it slide or would you try to make them understand how their personal relationship could damage their place of work if this would ever come out in a major news outlet?

MOST of the stories that show up on websites have involved WWE management being unhappy though. They've created the headlines themselves. And Melina's heat had a lot more to do with her attitude. All the examples you refereed to had a lot more behind them than gossip. Which until recently, was all there was. There haven't been any domestic issues. Paige and the ambulance thing is still unexplained and That's been the biggest story up until the suspensions, which seem like a big screaming "release us already, we're unhappy because you decided to try and ruin our personal lives" kind of thing. And I can't blame them in the slightest for that.

The company runs off of drama and does non-family friendly stuff all the time. Seriously. They have an awful history of treating female talent like garbage for the slightest thing. Look at how they've treated Lana on-screen since she posted pictures about her actual real life engagement, as if any of us were dumb enough to buy that she was dating Dolph in the first place (A story that hurt everyone that was involved in it).

She was gold, and they punished her for something completely normal by having the Rock come on screen and rant about what a dirty **** she was in front of her husband for a solid 2 minutes for giggles. The company being family friendly is the dumbest, full of shit argument I've heard in this entire debate. The only thing about this relationship that's hurt the company's image is their treatment of their employees.

MOST of the stories that show up on websites have involved WWE management being unhappy though. They've created the headlines themselves. And Melina's heat had a lot more to do with her attitude. All the examples you refereed to had a lot more behind them than gossip. Which until recently, was all there was. There haven't been any domestic issues. Paige and the ambulance thing is still unexplained and That's been the biggest story up until the suspensions, which seem like a big screaming "release us already, we're unhappy because you decided to try and ruin our personal lives" kind of thing. And I can't blame them in the slightest for that.

The company runs off of drama and does non-family friendly stuff all the time. Seriously. They have an awful history of treating female talent like garbage for the slightest thing. Look at how they've treated Lana on-screen since she posted pictures about her actual real life engagement, as if any of us were dumb enough to buy that she was dating Dolph in the first place (A story that hurt everyone that was involved in it).

She was gold, and they punished her for something completely normal by having the Rock come on screen and rant about what a dirty **** she was in front of her husband for a solid 2 minutes for giggles. The company being family friendly is the dumbest, full of shit argument I've heard in this entire debate. The only thing about this relationship that's hurt the company's image is their treatment of their employees.

I don't really want to defend the wwe on the lana situation but if I was I their place and one of my performers would ruin a storyline and all the plans I had for them by doing something as stupid as posting a picture of her and rusev on twitter while she suppose to be mad at him, I would react the same way because they had months of plans for her to be a major part of the company and she screw everything up as for the rock thing, you know as much as I know that wwe don't say what to do to the rock, he was book in a segment with rusev and lana and rock went into business for himself like he always does and got a rock promo like he always do so you can't blame this on the company.

You might find the company being family friendly argument dumb but it's the biggest reality in this story about. When the company was a family company in the 80's and 90's before they became a publicly traded company, they could pretty much do what they wanted in it didn't matter what came out in the medias because they didn't have to deal with sponsers and a board of directors and shareholders, but now they have to check what comes out because any wrong move and It can make them lose money. But in the end, this is all a rumor that made people talk about it because the only persons that really knows what happens are paige, alberto del rio and mark caranno and I doubt any of them will ever tell the truth about this situation because it's not in their advantage to talk about this.

First off, Lana screwed that up on her own. I Have zero sympathy for her whatsoever. Again, keep your personal/private life away from your character by any means necessary.

I'll give you an example of how bad that was: I was at RAW maybe 2-3 weeks before the engagement was announced. It was one where Rusev beat the crap out of Ziggler with his crutches because he was just healthy enough after his foot/ankle injury to wrestle again. It was a huge moment in their storyline to escalate the feud while Lana/Ziggler were "dating." That segment took up a 15-20 minute part of RAW and Dolph was carried off on a stretcher, faking a throat injury. Then the engagement news comes out, feud is immediately scratched and many, like me, spent time (and money) watching a totally useless/meaningless segment.

Furthermore, if you're referring to the Rock comments... WWE had zero to do with what was actually said. It is well known by now they don't write his material. The very few times he shows up, all they do is tell him which wrestler they want him to address and the "angle" for it. Then he pretty much ad-libs and goes on his own rants. The Rock is the highest paid actor in Hollywood now, you really think he is going to let some 25-year-old writer dumb down how he acts to a massive audience? Why do you think his commentary still borderlines "attitude era" every time he returns and draws such a massive reaction?

First off, Lana screwed that up on her own. I Have zero sympathy for her whatsoever. Again, keep your personal/private life away from your character by any means necessary.

I think that most of us here are adult enough to distinguish the difference between the story that is being told in the ring and what is going on with them off screen. If fans allow a wrestler's let's say engagement to another wrestler ruin a storyline for them, then those fans should grow up.

I'll give you an example of how bad that was: I was at RAW maybe 2-3 weeks before the engagement was announced. It was one where Rusev beat the crap out of Ziggler with his crutches because he was just healthy enough after his foot/ankle injury to wrestle again. It was a huge moment in their storyline to escalate the feud while Lana/Ziggler were "dating." That segment took up a 15-20 minute part of RAW and Dolph was carried off on a stretcher, faking a throat injury. Then the engagement news comes out, feud is immediately scratched and many, like me, spent time (and money) watching a totally useless/meaningless segment.

Are you saying you spent the money to go see RAW just to watch that segment? Or are you like everyone else who took it as part of the show that was put on that night. Also I do believe Ziggler was written off so he could go film a movie if I'm not mistaken, so it was going to happen anyway. How could Ziggler being written out to film a movie, ruin RAW for you.

I was personally glad to see that whole storyline go away. It was awful to start out with and not one of them looked comfortable.

Furthermore, if you're referring to the Rock comments... WWE had zero to do with what was actually said. It is well known by now they don't write his material. The very few times he shows up, all they do is tell him which wrestler they want him to address and the "angle" for it. Then he pretty much ad-libs and goes on his own rants. The Rock is the highest paid actor in Hollywood now, you really think he is going to let some 25-year-old writer dumb down how he acts to a massive audience? Why do you think his commentary still borderlines "attitude era" every time he returns and draws such a massive reaction?

He might be the highest paid actor, but I'm sure he just isn't allowed to say whatever he wants in that ring. He might get a lot more leeway than most, but I'm sure that even there are lines he can't cross over.

It's not true. How would a relationship be harmful to a company? Wrestling fans will believe anything.

Navi already crushed that so let me just add to it.

Kayfabe has been dead for 18 years. And it's been pissed on and defiled for the last 10. If Bray Wyatt has to tweet about charity and ruin a character that actually needs to be protected, then Lana can post one of the most important moments of her life. And don't give me that shit about the Rock "going into business for himself". That segment wasn't a shoot. It was one big long segment designed to give us that classic Rock humor. And yeah, maybe he improved some of it. But that interaction was planned and suppose to be exactly what it was. Do not use the family friendly argument and then say it's totally okay for the Rock to make Lana look like she's a cheating ****. She didn't deserve it. And WWE can't have it both ways.

Paige and Del Rio have a right to live their lives. And if WWE wasn't drawing so much attention, then half thr headlines wouldn't even exist. This whole thing is pretty damn simple.

Hell. They should leave. They'll both make plenty of money elsewhere.

I think that most of us here are adult enough to distinguish the difference between the story that is being told in the ring and what is going on with them off screen. If fans allow a wrestler's let's say engagement to another wrestler ruin a storyline for them, then those fans should grow up.

Are you saying you spent the money to go see RAW just to watch that segment? Or are you like everyone else who took it as part of the show that was put on that night. Also I do believe Ziggler was written off so he could go film a movie if I'm not mistaken, so it was going to happen anyway. How could Ziggler being written out to film a movie, ruin RAW for you.

I was personally glad to see that whole storyline go away. It was awful to start out with and not one of them looked comfortable.

He might be the highest paid actor, but I'm sure he just isn't allowed to say whatever he wants in that ring. He might get a lot more leeway than most, but I'm sure that even there are lines he can't cross over.

To your first 2 points, I am simply giving examples of how that particular situation impacted the company negatively while other relationships have not done so.

How, in any way, has Nikki/Cena or Ambrose/Renee or Naomi/Uso, etc. had a negative impact on the product?

No, for me I didn't care about that segment being spoiled but the product is geared toward a much younger crowd and surely some, if not many, did care. And, on top of that, I sincerely doubt the writing/creative team that was working on that and building it up were happy about it.

As to your final point, I have that Rock info. on pretty good authority. Does he have 100% free pass to say whatever? No, not saying that. But those I've spoken with both on Rock's side and WWE say there is no script involved for him the 1 or 2 times a year he shows up. So it's very possible that he simply has to tell them beforehand what he plans to say and that's it.

Navi already crushed that so let me just add to it.

Kayfabe has been dead for 18 years. And it's been pissed on and defiled for the last 10. If Bray Wyatt has to tweet about charity and ruin a character that actually needs to be protected, then Lana can post one of the most important moments of her life. And don't give me that shit about the Rock "going into business for himself". That segment wasn't a shoot. It was one big long segment designed to give us that classic Rock humor. And yeah, maybe he improved some of it. But that interaction was planned and suppose to be exactly what it was. Do not use the family friendly argument and then say it's totally okay for the Rock to make Lana look like she's a cheating ****. She didn't deserve it. And WWE can't have it both ways.

Paige and Del Rio have a right to live their lives. And if WWE wasn't drawing so much attention, then half thr headlines wouldn't even exist. This whole thing is pretty damn simple.

Hell. They should leave. They'll both make plenty of money elsewhere.

You can keep thinking whatever you want. But you're wrong, especially on the Rock point.

I won't continue to debate this with you any further.

The simple/basic dynamics of how most WWE relationships aren't negative to the company while Paige/Del Rio has been and Lana's tweet was as well is simply being lost on you.

So be it. To each their own.

To those mentioning how WWE's 'family image' paints them into a corner: the most family-orientated company IN THE WORLD, Disney, owns Marvel Studios, whose original and most important film character is played by a man with a history of hard drug and legal issues. Ok these were years ago, but we live in an age where anyone can find out pretty much anything by doing a bit of research on the Internet (isn't that the main reason Triple H declared it would be 'difficult for WWE to induct Chyna into the Hall of Fame'?) so to me, the family image thing doesn't cut it.

Paige was dating a married man? Well he may have been married legally (divorced don't always happen in days, some are long drawn out processes) but who is to know when his marriage actually broke down? And sometimes, people just don't want to go through the rigmarole of divorce proceedings straight away. I have a colleague whose husband left her nearly ten years ago. They have both long since moved on, and had other partners. But they are actually still married. Does this mean her subsequent relationships have brought our company into disrepute? Of course not. As others have said, Paige and del Rio wouldn't have posted photos on social media if his marriage was still 'alive'

Now, the most interesting thing to me on this thread is reading about American corporate relationship rules. When I first heard these rumours of WWE threatening to fire Paige if she persisted in her relationship, I based my reaction on basic human rights: it simply cannot be true as no company has the right to tell you who you can and cannot enter relationships with. But then several on here have actually gone on record stating that they have had to sign disclaimers to their contracts stating the company has a right to discipline you if you do just that?!? This is actually a thing? In the country widely regarded as the 'leader of the free world'? Honestly, I love the USA, I have had several fantastic trips there, visiting 15 states + DC, watching wrestling and other sports and seeing iconic sights. But that rule seems like something you'd more likely see in oppressive regimes like North Korea (PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT COMPARING USA TO CEBTRALIST DICTATORSHIPS IN ANY WAY OTHER THAN THIS RELATIONSHIP CAVEAT - I AM NOT TRYING TO OFFEND BUT SIMPLY SPARK DEBATE)

Fact is, no one should have the right to influence who you can and cannot see in your spare time. If dating a colleague directly affects your work, then by all means the company has a right to step in, and separate you IN THE WORKPLACE of it is deemed appropriate - like Paige and del Rio being drafted to separate shows. But to outright tell you they have the right to discipline you if you indulge in a romantic relationship with a colleague? To me, that is disgusting. There used to be a stat, not long ago (but before the rise of social media and especially internet dating) in the UK that 70% of all UK relationships began in the workplace. I guess in the USA it's a lot lower...

Now, Navi and others have quite correctly added to this thread by saying that WWE cannot try and break up Paige and del Rio if they allow others to maintain relationships. Specifically three of the most important wrestlers in the company, Triple H, John Cena and the Undertaker, are all dating or married to colleagues. Triple H was dating another colleague when he started cavorting with Stephanie - and these two are the next in line to run the company. No one is really sure if the Undertaker was still married when he starting hooking up with Michelle McCool - but certainly he hadn't had his (awful) Sara throat tattoo covered/removed when Michelle came into his life. So del Rio's dead marriage shouldn't come into it.

Whatever the facts are of this whole mess, now that del Rio has left, I really hope that the whole situation calms down and that Paige returns to the, she has a lot of value to add to the product

I'm thinking that if MSL and kevin sullivan we're reading wrestling boards like this one, they would laugh out loud at how easy it is to make wrestling fans discuss a rumor because let's face it all this is is a rumor. Nobody can really confirm or deny that this is actually happening. We are just speculating that it happenned because they told us this on their podcast and then taken out of context and reported on this website. The fact is, the only people that truly knows if this actually hapenned are the 3 people involve in this and I doubt that they will talk about this because even for del rio it's not in his best intention to talk about this with his reputation being what it Is right now.

To your first 2 points, I am simply giving examples of how that particular situation impacted the company negatively while other relationships have not done so.

How, in any way, has Nikki/Cena or Ambrose/Renee or Naomi/Uso, etc. had a negative impact on the product?

Okay let's be real here. The Lana/Ziggler/Rusev/Summer Rae crap was one of the worst storylines we've had to put up with this year. None of it made sense and most fans were glad when it was over and done with. Lana announcing her engagement might have sped that up, and I thank her for it. Besides the WWE caters to kids and families. Do you really think the kids in the audience even understood what was going on much less cared about it?

The only negative impact it brought was to get rid of one horrible storyline. And who said that anyone else had a negative impact on the company I surely didn't. What happens to people off camera is their lives, unless they go out murdering people, it's all good with me.

No, for me I didn't care about that segment being spoiled but the product is geared toward a much younger crowd and surely some, if not many, did care. And, on top of that, I sincerely doubt the writing/creative team that was working on that and building it up were happy about it.

But you said you did care. You said you wasted time and money going to RAW and it was ruined for you. Are you backtracking now?

As to your final point, I have that Rock info. on pretty good authority. Does he have 100% free pass to say whatever? No, not saying that. But those I've spoken with both on Rock's side and WWE say there is no script involved for him the 1 or 2 times a year he shows up. So it's very possible that he simply has to tell them beforehand what he plans to say and that's it.

Again you said he did in your other post. You said he was the highest paid actor in the world, therefore giving him the right to basically do and say what he wants. Now are you changing your mind?

I don't think he tells them, more like they tell him, and he goes out and improvises a lot of what he says. The Rock knows though who the target audience is and he's not stupid enough to upset them, or the WWE. But again you might know better, being an insider and all, I'm just a fan who watches the show.

The WWE is relatively image conscious. I am sure they have their contracts written w/a variety of loopholes that provide them the opportunity to press where they feel needed in the talents personal affairs. We don't necessarily know the full details and this "suggestion" towards Paige might have been in her best personal interest.

WWE has an investment to protect.

(BREAKING FOURTH WALL - REAL LIFE INCIDENT)If Carano told Paige to keep her distance, it is to shield WWE AND Ms. Bevis from the nuclear meltdown that Rodriguez vs Velkei or Velkei vs. Rodriguez is becoming. You know damn well that WWE has been contacted by the wife's attorneys. And, you know damn well that Paige(Bevis) could get served to testify as a hostile witness. Which means, Papi probably told her to disappear for a spell. Velkei's attorneys cannot serve papers in the UK. This would become a PR nightmare for WWE, as it would make the round of the talk shows and press. Can you picture TMZ coming out with "The wife of WWE Superstar, Alberto Del Rio, real name Alberto Rodriguez, made a shocking claim in the Courtroom today, as she accused her husband of having sex with fellow WWE Superstar, Paige, real name Saraya-Jade Bevis in front of their 6 year-old son." If you think I am nuts, I can tell that WWE has already thought of this scenario and worse. how well do you think Paige will be able to perform for WWE while being tossed around in that hurricane?

Now, if this case gets sent to Mexico, ADR (Rodriguez) will be seen as a tortured hero. He will have a much better chance of keeping what he has. Even getting custody of his kids. Justice is REALLY bought down there. If the case stay in the USA, let's play Global Thermal Nuclear War. ANd, that, my kiddies, is what WWE has a responsibility to avoid. Hence, if they did threaten Paige (Saraya), it was to protect 2 brands: Theirs and hers.

This may or may not be true, but if it is, it is ridiculous. That's their personal life. They can do what they want. You can't tell/force an employee to end their relationship with someone. That's just ridiculous. Maybe Del Rio and Paige are a 'bad look' for the company. So? It's not that big of a deal. I'm pretty sure most WWE fans don't even know they're dating. Paige should probably leave WWE if this is true. She was pretty talented but got overshadowed by the NXT wrestlers - Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky. I don't think any lawsuits will be filed considering the ridiculousness of the situation. And something else, no other companies do this. A company can't tell you what to do in your private lives. I think Paige should leave this mess and forget the whole thing.

Can see it happening. Ofcourse, Paige would be terminated under something different because am pretty sure that in company that has almost half of people married or dating starting with the top COOs(H and Stephanie) to the main face of WWE(Cena and Nikki) to up and comers like Cass and Carmella, there is no clausule in the contract that says "If you date the person we dont like we can terminate your contract and fire you".

Can understand WWE point of view also. Del Rio was brought in to boost spanish demographics at the time Rey Mysterio was fading away. Aside of initial big push he didnt do much and him gone isnt something anybody would cry let alone WWE. But him pulling Paige with him would be upset for WWE. She was youngest Women Champion, first person that won it at her first day on main roster and legit contender who could elevate other talents like Bayley at the very least. Or even challendge for title herself. Oh, and she has Total Divas going on also. So can see with the amount of "investment" WWE did to her that somebody would aproach to her and said/suggested "Hey, if you dont dump Del Rio you are finished also". Paige was no sweetheart even before Del Rio. Think Lana said that Paige bullied her at developmental(not that it mathers to WWE, aside of "Dont be a bully" or whats it called, that kind of behavior was supported inside of company for years). But losing her would be blow for WWE if for nothing then the time invested in her.

You can keep thinking whatever you want. But you're wrong, especially on the Rock point.

I won't continue to debate this with you any further.

The simple/basic dynamics of how most WWE relationships aren't negative to the company while Paige/Del Rio has been and Lana's tweet was as well is simply being lost on you.

So be it. To each their own.

Okay. Sure. Call me wrong with nothing to back it up, then run off like I'm the delusional one.

I've explained why Del Rio and Paige being so headline grabbing is WWE's fault and pointed out that their treatment of the two has made a much bigger negative impact on the company.

Ugh. Rusev wouldn't have been there at all if it wasn't planned. The entire moment was one big ****e joke. There was nothing else there. Even if the entire thing was the Rock doing improv comedy, he was still going off a base. Lana's tweet wasn't negative to the company in the slightest. Kayfabe's important for a story that needs it. That story was so sad and damaging that Lana making that tweet was a mercy killing at worst, and completely harmless at best.

Okay. Sure. Call me wrong with nothing to back it up, then run off like I'm the delusional one.

I've explained why Del Rio and Paige being so headline grabbing is WWE's fault and pointed out that their treatment of the two has made a much bigger negative impact on the company.

Ugh. Rusev wouldn't have been there at all if it wasn't planned. The entire moment was one big ****e joke. There was nothing else there. Even if the entire thing was the Rock doing improv comedy, he was still going off a base. Lana's tweet wasn't negative to the company in the slightest. Kayfabe's important for a story that needs it. That story was so sad and damaging that Lana making that tweet was a mercy killing at worst, and completely harmless at best.

not to go off topic her but has far as the whole Lana/rusev thing. WWE had big plans for her because she was so over with the crowd, sure the ziggler, lana vs rusev & summer rae angle wasn't the best and for some of us even horrible, but their was a big segment of the crowd that wanted to see this storyline end and see lana finally break on her own after getting revenge and summer rae, but by showing that picture on twitter during the angle ruin her big push and pretty much went back to square one.

As for the rock stuff, pretty much everybody knows by now that WWE doesn'T control the rock and what he says in the ring, all the do is tell him who's he'S working with and rock cuts a promo on them. Vince as been made about this a million time before because rock is always going too long and some of the stuff he says do fit the pg era but he can'T do anything about it because rock isn't under contract with WWE as he paid on a per apparence deal. So the whole humiliating lana segment was all rock idea and had nothing to do with vince or creative, that how rock works and if you don't believe me, just go watch some of his best promos with other women's during the attitude era, they're pretty much the same thing.

So the point of all this is simple, if a relationship affect the plans of wwe or could tarnish their image, WWE will try to do something about and the guilty party will get punish, that's pretty much how any entertainment company works, at the end, it'S all about the company image.

not to go off topic her but has far as the whole Lana/rusev thing. WWE had big plans for her because she was so over with the crowd, sure the ziggler, lana vs rusev & summer rae angle wasn't the best and for some of us even horrible, but their was a big segment of the crowd that wanted to see this storyline end and see lana finally break on her own after getting revenge and summer rae, but by showing that picture on twitter during the angle ruin her big push and pretty much went back to square one.

As for the rock stuff, pretty much everybody knows by now that WWE doesn'T control the rock and what he says in the ring, all the do is tell him who's he'S working with and rock cuts a promo on them. Vince as been made about this a million time before because rock is always going too long and some of the stuff he says do fit the pg era but he can'T do anything about it because rock isn't under contract with WWE as he paid on a per apparence deal. So the whole humiliating lana segment was all rock idea and had nothing to do with vince or creative, that how rock works and if you don't believe me, just go watch some of his best promos with other women's during the attitude era, they're pretty much the same thing.

So the point of all this is simple, if a relationship affect the plans of wwe or could tarnish their image, WWE will try to do something about and the guilty party will get punish, that's pretty much how any entertainment company works, at the end, it'S all about the company image.

Thank you. This is pretty much exactly what I was trying to get across but clearly it didn't connect with that poster for whatever reason.

(BREAKING FOURTH WALL - REAL LIFE INCIDENT)If Carano told Paige to keep her distance, it is to shield WWE AND Ms. Bevis from the nuclear meltdown that Rodriguez vs Velkei or Velkei vs. Rodriguez is becoming. You know damn well that WWE has been contacted by the wife's attorneys. And, you know damn well that Paige(Bevis) could get served to testify as a hostile witness. Which means, Papi probably told her to disappear for a spell. Velkei's attorneys cannot serve papers in the UK. This would become a PR nightmare for WWE, as it would make the round of the talk shows and press. Can you picture TMZ coming out with "The wife of WWE Superstar, Alberto Del Rio, real name Alberto Rodriguez, made a shocking claim in the Courtroom today, as she accused her husband of having sex with fellow WWE Superstar, Paige, real name Saraya-Jade Bevis in front of their 6 year-old son." If you think I am nuts, I can tell that WWE has already thought of this scenario and worse. how well do you think Paige will be able to perform for WWE while being tossed around in that hurricane?

Now, if this case gets sent to Mexico, ADR (Rodriguez) will be seen as a tortured hero. He will have a much better chance of keeping what he has. Even getting custody of his kids. Justice is REALLY bought down there. If the case stay in the USA, let's play Global Thermal Nuclear War. ANd, that, my kiddies, is what WWE has a responsibility to avoid. Hence, if they did threaten Paige (Saraya), it was to protect 2 brands: Theirs and hers.

If the media and talk shows go on about this, then they can go and fuck off.

I wonder why these same media people never go after rock musicians who do the same thing ALL THE TIME? You know why, because they hate wrestling, and if there isn't an actual scandal, they will create one, because they don't "get" wrestling. The mainstream media should look in its own backyard, and see if there are media people who cheat, lie, are alcoholic or do drugs. Hypocrites.

See, now, this is where the mainstream media's hypocrisy begins.

The Rock is allowed to come onto WWE, say whatever non-PG stuff he likes (some of his stuff is borderline sexist and homophobic), and the mainstream media don't go after him, because they want him to still appear on their talk shows and interviews. So they blame WWE instead for what comes out of movie star Dwayne Johnson's mouth when he is in WWE, even if it is calling a woman a "****".

So, because a movie star says it, it is okay. But the mainstream media will go after WWE for the slightest thing.

If I were Vince, I would get my buddy, President Trump (if he wins) to further regulate the media industry if they continue to besmirch WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back