• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Remembering Your Favorite Tag Teams

Hero_kidstackz

Dark Match Winner
The wwe has been around for many many years and so has the tag team division. I know the tag team division now isnt so great as it used to be but this is why i created this thread its to remember those who had nice runs in the tag team division. Now this can go back as far as your memory take you. Who we're some of your favorite tag teams and why.

My choices are

Brian Kendrick and Paul London These are my favorite of all time because of there creative moveset great chemistry and cool ring gear the masks they wore with the back flips in their entrance was always awesome to see. I hope they return :worship:

JoMo and The Miz They both were great heels with a cool slow flashy entrance there feud with the colon's that lead to the unification of the tag titles was great.

Cryme Tyme Brooklyn Brooklyn loved this tag team since there debut even though they never won gold they were more than just a comedy tag team they also won matches. There catch phrases and backstage segments were extremely funny :lmao:

My favorite tag teams have to be..

Team Xtreme/The Hardy Boyz - I grew up watching these and just thinking, wow I want to be exactly like them! You had Jeff who was a high flyer, he knew how to make a match interesting, you had Matt who had all the move sets and was amazing to watch in action with his brother! Then you have Lita, my favorite diva of all time. Sexy, high flyer, risk taker and just a different type of diva! The Hardy's and Lita really brought the tag team division together, they were unique and different, and very extreme, which made matches interesting, I mean who can forget the TLC match involving The Dudleys & Edge and Christian?

The Dudley Boys - The Dudley Boys were a major tag team in WWF/E. If they weren't putting people through tables, they were winning championships, sometimes doing both at once. They had classic maneuvers and had great technical skill! They also connected with the crowd greatly with the classic "Devon..GET THE TABLES!!"

The Brothers of Destruction - Kane and The Undertaker were/are great solo wrestlers and are two of the main characters in WWE. Back when these two were going at it and brawling in all sorts of matches, no one could of predicted that they would become one of the most dominant tag teams in history! Kane was a bizzare wrestler who had a unique tone to his wrestling skills. He was dark, twisted and a good powerful performer! The Undertaker had been a fan favorite from day one, he was The Phenom from Death Valley who knew how to kick some ass! When they both joined forces all hell broke loose and it was pure carnage. I don't think there is one tag team out there who could give The Brothers of Destruction a run for their money. The darkness these two had was incredible, but it connected with the crowd very well!

These are my main three but I also used to like teams such as Paul London and Brian Kendrick, DX, Edge and Christian and a whole wide range of amazing tag teams. WWE need to start learning from these about which tag teams belong in WWE and which deserve to be sacked.

This is a great thread, because there are a lot of teams to choose from,but i'm going a little further down memory lane, and remember the BRITISH BULLDOGS, at the time they were the greatest tag team i have ever seen, they were unpredictible, innovative and they had many ways to win, that is what made them interesting, also at the time i liked DEMOLITION, they were great as a team and definitly on the mic, they had a lot of memoraqble matches, plus let's not forget the LOD, talk about the ultimate badass tag team, and let's not forget the attitude era, that's when the tag team division rocked, there were teams that innovated some matches, like the Hardys, Edge and Christian and the Duddleys when they invented the TLC matches, Billy and Chuck were great entertainers and athletes, they wer fun to watch, and speaking of Billy, let's not forget the Smoking Gunns and of course, The New Age Outlaws, i can go on and on about this, is just so sad that today the WWE doesn't care for tag teams much right now, hopefully that will change soon because there is potential, but they need Vince and the creative team to start reviving the division.......

When I first got in to wrestling I became a huge fan of the Rockers and L.O.D. Soon after I liked heel teams; Money Inc and The Hollywood Blondes still hold up as two of my all time favorites. As I watched some old stuff, I found the late 80s was the best time in tag team wrestling (IMO) so ill add in The Bulldogs, Hart Foundation, Demolition, The Brain Busters, and The Steiners. Some teams that wont get brought up in this thread that I enjoyed were the Qubeccers, Bret/Owen (even though they only tagged a few times), and The Smoking Gunns. From the attitude era I enjoyed the Outlaws and Edge/Christian.

I really liked the sorta make shift team of Undertaker and Big Show. It was hilarious when Taker would just walk out of the match, leaving Big Show by himself. Kane and X-Pac were really good too. When X-Pac rejoined DX (with the rest of them) in late 1999, and then stole Torrie from Kane, it was an awesome feud between the two. Maybe just sentimental...

D-Generation X: From the 3man team with Chyna, Rude as Inforcer, and HBK calling the shots, To The New Age Outlaws, To HBK & HHH beating on Legacy & Cheerleaders - DX is GOLD!
(except X-Pac having a HUGE gut now and going all CREEPER on Trish.)

I earnestly think the greatest tag team ever is the Four Horsemen duo, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard.

I know it sounds like I'm being a history snob, but they were the team that made the division legit. Well, except for the Brisco Brothers. Still, with the pun somewhat intended, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard were the first tag team to bring, "flair," to the tag team division. They were marketable. They had a great dynamic, what with Tully selling for the babyfaces and Arn acting as the enforcer who would challenge the babyfaces. The were the perfect heel tag team. Also, putting over teams like Luger & Windham and Sting & Luger will make you great heels. Fantastic tag team.

The Dudleys in their ECW tenure was amazing, too. They drew more heat than most anybody, ever. By getting over teams like the Pitbulls and the Enforcers, they also deepened the ECW tag division. Greatest heel tag team, ever.

Still, the only team that I think can run with Blanchard and Arn is, and I mean this, The New Age Outlaws. Great name, great dynamic, and great charisma; Road Dogg, had he been more marketable, would have been a world championship contender. They knew how to perform as heels, and they knew how to perform as babyfaces. Overall, they were amazing. I don't think they broke the mold of the Four Horsemen, but they were still great.

The other honorable mentions are the Hart Foundation, the Road Warriors, and Harlem Heat. All three of these teams could carry a show, and that's the mark of a great tag team. Well, Harlem Heat couldn't carry a show, but they were a great heel tag team, if you get my drift. They were great against Luger & Sting, they sold the babyfaces perfectly, and I think they don't get enough credit. Arguably one of the five greatest tag teams in the history of American pro wrestling.

Those are just a few, though. Tag team wrestling is a long and rich division that deserves proper respect, and it looks as though the WWE is now at least trying, which is great for the product.

I will name 2 that came to my mind first that I liked when I was a kid. First one is Demolition. I was a WWF kid so I didn't know to much about The Road Warriors/LOD until a bit later. Demolition was it for me then. They were almost scary looking and the beat down their opponents. I liked them as heels with Mr. Fuji, and also as faces when Fuji left them. They had a great feud with the Hart Foundation, and a really good feud with the Harts and the Rockers at the same time over the belts. Wow looking back tag team wrestling really was awesome back then. My second team is The Rockers. A team that brought a different type of style to the tag division. As said before had a great feud with the Harts and Demolition. Honestly I think when these teams were around that might my have been my favorite time for tag team wrestling. Great thread.

There were so many great tag teams throughout the years that I can't believe the WWE has let that division go to waste. Even with the current tag teams, it's a shame they aren't given some kind of gimmick and name but instead are typically just two guys thrown together like Truth and Kofi. Granted they are now trying, it's still far from what it used to be. A couple of my earliest memories of wrestling involve tag team action. Two that I think are in part responsible for me being a wrestling fan some 20 odd years later are the Mega Powers exploding after their match with the Twin Towers (akeem and big boss man) and when Mr. Fuji turned on the Powers of Pain for Demolition lol or was it the other way around? Either way, those 4 teams were just awesome and all went together so well. And then there were teams like the Rockers, The Hart Foundation, the British Bulldogs etc who all tore down the house every time. Even WCW had some amazing teams like Doom, the Road Warriors, the Steiners, the Sky Scrapers, The Freebirds etc. Man, tag team wrestling for a while was where it was at. Even some later tag teams really held their own, teams like E&C, Hardyz, Dudleys, Harlem Heat, NAO, etc. It's time for that resurgence of tag team wrestling which makes for a great addition to the Heavyweight and secondary title feuds. That's 3 top feuds you can have at a PPV, which is not too bad and part of the reason the shows used to be so great before.

My favorite tag team of all time is Public Enemy. I know they were WCW wrestlers, but I can't help it. Their entrance was awesome and the way they ended their matches was awesome.

My runner-ups are: The Miz and Morrison (Best duo in wrestling history, Funny as can be together)

Rated RKO: These two should have dominated the WWE for a lot longer as the best heel DUO in WWE history (Sorry, Outsiders, you earned 4th place)

The Rockers

Probably the most Flamboyant Tag Team of the late 80s early 90s. Was only 12 years old back in 1992 when they split up. Was a little upset when Shawn Michaels turned his back on Marty and smashed his head through the Barber Shop Window. I always liked Jannetty and marked out when he returned a few months later and got his revenge on Michaels. Thought they might of gotten back together at some point but they never did, i guess Shawn has always thought that Jannetty held him back.

I was a huge Bulldogs fan. I'd followed Davie and Dynamite from Stampede (where they feuded) into the WWE. The first great power/flyer-technician team, and they set the standard for what was to follow.

And the LoD were such entertaining asskickers it wasn't funny. Face or heel, seeing them storm the ring to "Iron Man" and destroy whatever was in their path was just plain fun. Compared to them, Goldberg was a poser.

Growing up in the UK, there was only one team for me when I was a kid: The British Bulldogs. Although they were slightly before my time, I used to love renting the VHS of their greatest matches and watching old tapes of shows they were on. Watching their matches now is brilliant and makes me realise how ahead of their time they were. Dynamite flying around the ring and Davey punishing everyone with his power. Superb.

After the Bulldogs, I remember loving the Nasty Boys for some reason. Maybe it was their outfits?

New Age Outlaws were a real game changer for me. There wasn't one 12 year old lad at my school that didn't like the Outlaws. They were exciting and innovative.

My favorite era for tag teams was 1999/2000/2001. Edge and Christian, The Hardy Boyz and The Dudley Boyz. This needs no explanation.

I guess I am a bit more old school. While I enjoyed quite a few of the ones people mentioned something about The Freebirds, Strikeforce, Midnight Express, Demolition, The Brain Busters, Rock n Roll Express, Steiners, British Bulldogs. Alot of the 80's teams really have stuck with me. Maybe because I was a kid then.

The one that stands out most in my mind,

The Eliminators back in original ECW,

They could adapt to any style of match,

On the mat,technical wrestling TO

high-flying aerial assaults TO

all out brawls...these guys could do it all,

Not to mention,one of the most memorable promos ever,

DOC-N-GORDY!!
DOC-N-GORDY!!

anyone that saw it knows!!!

This is the exact match that popped into my head when I read the title of this post.

My favorites are the British Bulldogs. In fact, I remember as a kid, all I wanted one Christmas was their LJN 8" rubber figures. The team came in a boxed set and I was very familiar with the shape of the box from staring in amazement at Toys R Us since they came out. My mom handed me my last gift--at the time, I thought it was from Santa and not her--and the box did not look like the one in the stores. (My dad had folded down the flap so it looked like a regular box) So, as I was getting ready to rip it open, I disappointedly said "I guess no British Bulldogs..." <RIP OPEN> "...THE BRITISH BULLDOGS!!!" Haha, one of my favorite Christmas memories.

Now, to be fair, if I was told I could watch any tag team match ever, I probably wouldn't pick a Bulldogs match. TLC with E/C, Hardys and Dudleys, for example, would be a top pick.

But, the Bulldogs were phenomenal! They had a great look. They had a nice mix of speed and strength--which I always looked for in a tag team. Hogan and Warrior--the "dream" team of 1990--never appealed to me. Two big, limited guys wasn't interestig to me. I like when two guys can separately and cohesively get the job done!

The Bulldogs had excitement and innovation. In fact, I always wished the ring was bigger for Bulldogs matches because Dynamite's speed seemed wasted in the ring. He would start flying and hit the rope. The ring could barely contain him.

I loved the 80s tag team scene. I'm not saying it had the best talent top to bottom---though it had plenty! But, I'm not one of the guys who hates the Killer Bees because they never won the gold. Ok, they didn't win. They still had their place. The Killer Bees had masked confusion, the Hart Foundation had power and beautiful technical wrestling, Demolition had the cool factor, the Islanders mixed high-flying and toughness, the Rockers had speed and aerial skills. Not all of them were champs, but they all had their place. It made for a very interesting and entertaining tag team division---no need for belts on most of them, as championships were far more special back then. I feel some non-champs contributed more to the business than certain champions had. The Rougeaus, Strike Force, The Young Stallions, etc. Just a great time for tag team wrestling--and, for me, the Bulldogs were at the top of a very impressive and underrated heap.

I first became a fan in 1990. Notable teams at that time were LOD, Demolition, Hart Foundation and the Rockers. Tag Teams were a big part of my Saturday mornings and one tag team that was short lived but jumped out at me as a kid was Power and Glory. They are rarely mentioned today but I don't know if it was their Superplex/Elbow Drop combo finisher, the ridiculous sunglasses or what that I was a fan of. Could have been the fact that I loved to hate Slick because I remember being a pretty big Warlord fan too and anybody who has ever seen a Warlord match knows there wasn't much to him.

When I first started watching wrestling, Demolition was my favorite tag team. I thought they looked so cool and were so bad ass. I also started to like the Hart Foundation and the Rockers. After the Golden Era, I really didn't care for any tag teams, until the NWO came around and we got the Outsiders. Then the last tag team I really liked would be Edge and Christian. Since then there really hasn't been a team for me to get behind.

My all time favourite past tag teams are an odd collection but I have love for them.

Too Cool: Too Cool weree great, with the addition of Rikishi I always marked out seeing them, my favourite Too Cool moment was them dancing in the 1999 Royal Rumble!

MNM: Along with Melina these guys just dominated, great chemistry and attires, in my opinion I preferred them to Miz and Morrison, but that's just me.

Deuce and Domino: A tag Team I wished was pushed more, they had a unique look and with Cherry at there side and the cheesey greasers music and the car, it was just perfect.

Mexicools: I fell in love with these three, I thought they had the potential to be a lethal foreign faction, Super Crazy, Juventud and Psicosis, perfect trio.

My two favorite tag Teams of all time would have to be...

Brothers of Destruction. Two superstars who had a great destrutive history with one another and then to join forces which no one ever thought would happen to reek carnage on the entire tag team divison. I believe that there was never a tag team that could rival those two. No one could really touch them. I mean kane destoryed the hardy boyz by himself. I do wish that in the hey day of the tag team divison (Hardy's Dudley's E&C) They would have been involved somehow because i think they could have added a good tone with them.

Edge and Christian.
These two are a no brainer. They had great matches and won the first triple ladder match and won the first two TLC matches at two of the WWE's biggest events Summerslam and Wrestlemania. I think their rivaliry could have went to greater depths. Like a Hell in a cell Tag team match or something because i just felt that the Wrestlemania 17 TLC match was great but had a lot of interference. But nonetheless Edge and Christian were a great tag team

My all time favourite past tag teams are an odd collection but I have love for them.

Too Cool: Too Cool weree great, with the addition of Rikishi I always marked out seeing them, my favourite Too Cool moment was them dancing in the 1999 Royal Rumble!

MNM: Along with Melina these guys just dominated, great chemistry and attires, in my opinion I preferred them to Miz and Morrison, but that's just me.

Deuce and Domino: A tag Team I wished was pushed more, they had a unique look and with Cherry at there side and the cheesey greasers music and the car, it was just perfect.

Mexicools: I fell in love with these three, I thought they had the potential to be a lethal foreign faction, Super Crazy, Juventud and Psicosis, perfect trio.

I definitely agree with you on Deuce and Domino. They were definitely a unique tag team with a unique gimmick. I don't know how long they would've lasted, but WWE needed to keep them together and at the top of the tag division for a little bit longer. On the other hand, while I though MNM was a solid heel tag team, it's clear to me that they needed to split at some point, since at the time, both members were young superstars that were destined to go past the tag team division (at least Morrison/Nitro). The Mexicools were enjoyable, but other than having a gimmick as being Mexican, they were bland to me. Too Cool was also enjoyable and I thought they could've lasted longer, especially since none of their members got past the mid-card once they split up. Scotty 2 Hotty just went into the cruiserweight division and put over other cruiserweights.

A really odd choice of tag team that I think could've lasted more than the month they were there, was the Gymini w/ Simon Dean. They probably would've been terrible had they been there long enough to split up.

Other tag teams DON'T want to remember are The Dicks and The Heart Throbs. Just awful.

tag team's in the WWE have obviously faded, but I'm not sure what the real reason(s) have been. Is it a lack of talent, lack of quality matches, lack of marketing and promotion, or a lack of interest from the audience? Probably a combination imo.

But if we're reminiscing many have mentioned teams such as the

80's - 90's
Steiners, Harlem Heat, LOD/Road Warriors, Hart Foundation, The Rockers, Demolition, and the British Bulldogs.

90's-2000's
Dudleys, Edge & Christian, Brothers of Destruction, Hardy's, New Age Outlaws, The Outsiders, APA.

But what about others that some may have forgotten or never saw such as, Doom, Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Midnight Express, The Rock and Roll Express, Brain busters, Fabulous Free birds, The Wild Samoans, Benoit and Malenko, Benoit and just about anyone, Eddie and Chavo, The Nasty Boyz, Shiek and Volkoff, Hollywood Blondes, the Natural Disasters, Von Erichs, Steamboat and Youngblood, Flair and Valentine, Money Inc, Valentine Brothers, Tanaka & Fuji, International team of Cho-ten, and one for the kiddies, the MEGA POWERS!!

I loved when the Tag Team Division meant something to the industry. Hopefully there's a revival in the near future because this generation of viewers have clearly missed out on some world class teams and historical matches.

This definitely became the encyclopedia of all tag teams throughout the annals of wrestling history, and that's ok because it speaks volumes about how heralded the division was in every territory/fed for decades. I was getting a little worried that I got half way through page 2 before I saw the Eliminators mentioned. If Saturn hadn't left for WCW could you have imagined them in WWE in the late 90's/early 2000's...would have been awesome! One team that has yet to be mentioned was Owen & Yoko!!! They were very fun to watch together, we got some of Owen's best material during that time, too. His character really came full circle during that time.

Now, my all-time favorites:
Tully & Arn - great chemistry, put guys over but were always major contenders. The perfect heel tag team.
New Age Outlaws - They were the best tag team in wrestling from '98-'00, a pivotal period in the industry.
The Ding Dongs - Just kidding.

Plenty of people picked my favorite teams, which is good to see. I'll add a few thoughts.

Demolition was always my favorite. Sure, they did come after and were modeled after The Road Warriors who looked more physically dangerous than probably anybody. I preferred the Demo's overall look. I also found Demolition to be the more versatile team. The Road Warriors just went in and killed people. Demolition could go have a match and sell for any team, such as the Rockers or Strike Force and it was believable. Much of the credit for that goes to the underrated Bill Eadie(Ax).

The British Bulldogs were an amazing team of the mid 80s as others have said. They meshed well in the ring and were innovative and were mesmerizing to a little kid in the 1980s. As with all the best teams of the 80s, their best matches still hold up. It's worth seeing their matches with the Dream Team, one from Wrestlemania 2, and two from Saturday Night's Main Event.

The Hart Foundation, much like the Bulldogs were ahead of their time. The Harts had more contrast in styles than the Bulldogs, and that's what made the Harts stand out. Anvil was the crazy power guy, and Bret was the cool laid back ring technician. And it worked heel or face. Oddly, much of their best work is in losing efforts, having great Summerslam matches with Demolition and The Brain Busters.

The Rockers were another innovative team. They were fast paced and creative with a lot of double-team moves. They had good fundamentals and were not spot monkeys like so many who would come later. The WWF was so full of talent that the Rockers never reached their potential there as they put other teams over mostly, and their one championship reign got erased from history. I came to appreciate the Rockers more upon seeing their AWA stuff. Strangely, their break up came at the end of 1991, the year that saw their best work in the WWF, including one of the best PPV openers ever against the Orient Express at the Royal Rumble.

And as someone else said, Tully and Arn need to be on any list of best teams. Unfortunately, I missed their best stuff when it happened so I can only look back at career highlights, but they were awesome.

i miss the tag teams of the 80's and 90's. there were so many great teams like THE ROAD WARRIORS, DEMOLITION, and THE HART FOUNDATION. but if im going to pick my favourite then it would be THE BUSHWACKERS. they were by far the greatest tag team in wwe to never win the tag team titles. they were such great fun and always got the fans going. if they were around today they would fit in perfectly in wwe's current pg era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back