Redemption: Tag Team Match: Shock & Drake Callahan vs. Mike Ryder & Kyle Christianson

Monkey_Mania

I Am The One Who Knocks
Shock & Drake Callahan vs. Mike Ryder & Kyle Christianson

TagMatch.png

With the tag titles being fought over in a singles match. This match has been put together by Chuck Myles. The winners of this match will face the winner of Michaels and NorCal on the next nights Meltdown. Will Callahan and Shock get a chance at gold. Or will the odd pairing of Ryder and Christianson be enough to overcome the odds. Find out at REDEMPTION!

Role Plays must be in on Monday Nov. 24th at 11:59 p.m.

We come backstage to see Leon Kensworth knocking on a familiar door, however it now has a nameplate that reads Shock. We can hear faint sounds from inside the room.

Leon: Hey Shock, you in there?

Shock responds from inside.

Shock: Yes. You may come in, if you like. Just do not interrupt me.

Leon opens the door and sees Shock sitting in his chair, this time watching his TV. The camera looks in on the screen.

Shock backs up and charges with a clothesline. However, as he is hitting Drake over the top rope, Bratchny runs up and lifts Shock by his feet over the rope with Drake! Both hit the floor outside.

Harrys: Drake Callahan and Shock have both been eliminated.

Cohen: Wow! Now that was a surprise. Just when you’d think Shock had it, Bratchny spoils it. Good thinking.

Copeland: I couldn’t agree more. Amazing move. He used Shock’s own momentum to lift him over and out.

The picture pauses and the video rewinds.

Copeland: I couldn’t agree more. Amazing move. He used Shock’s own momentum to lift him over and out.

The camera goes back to Shock and Leon after the television is finally turned off.

What are you doing?

Viewing my mistakes. I do this after every match I have that is recorded. It allows me to better myself.

Oh. Well speaking of bettering yourself, you have your first pay-per-view matchup at Redemption. It’s you and⎯

Yes, I know who it is. I am teaming with another new wrestler, Drake Callahan. We shall take on Mike Ryder…

Shock takes a deep breath.

…and Kyle Christianson.

Leon nervously continues.

Yeah. T-That’s it. Anyway, I wanted your thoughts on your match. Not only is it your first tag team match in WZCW, but it is also a #1 Contenders Match for the WZCW Tag titles.

Yes, I am aware. Leon, I wanted to go alone here, but instead, I am put in a tag team situation. I saw your interview with Mr. Callahan and was taken aback. I did not believe any self-respecting wrestler would act like that publically. He also did not impress me greatly in the Sprint for the Spot, until I reviewed the tape, and saw this.

Shock picks up his remote, points it at the TV, and presses rewind, and then play.

Copeland: What are you talking⎯ wait. What’s McKenzie doing?!

Outside the ring we see Swindle McKenzie handing a steel chair to Carmen, and telling him to use it on Shock. The referee is busy with everyone else that he doesn’t see it. He raises it up and… it’s taken from his by Drake! He yells at the referee and tells him what happened.

Shock turns the television off once more.

It was when I saw that I realized that not only does he respect himself, he respects others. So Drake, if you are listening, I would like to say that it would be my pleasure to team with you. However, with all pleasure comes pain.

Leon interrupts.

And who’s pain is that?

Here, Leon. Come with me.

Shock begins to walk towards the back of the room, and Leon shrugs and follows him. All of a sudden, Shock stops and turns to Leon when they reach the wall.

Opposites attract, Leon.

Leon is obviously confused.

Huh?

Opposites attract.

Shock reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small metal disk. He places it high up on the wall and it sticks there. He pulls it further down on the wall in a zigzag line, like a lightning bolt.

Push, Kensworth.

Why? Eh, there’s no point in asking. Okay, fine.

Leon pushes on the wall on the right of the bolt. The wall swings open. Shock and Leon slowly step in. The camera starts to follow, but Shock holds a hand in front of it.

No unwanted guests. Aiden, please take his camera.

Aiden? Who’s that?

A voice responds from inside the wall.

Aiden: Yes sir.

A young man scurries out of the room in the wall. He is wearing a dark blue suit. He approaches Shock, bows, and then proceeds to take the cameraman’s camera. Aiden adjusts the camera and it comes back to Shock and Leon.

Now we can enter.

Wait a sec. Who are you?

Leon is looking at the camera, but his question is obviously directed at the young man named Aiden. We hear a voice from behind the camera.

Oh, pardon my manners. I’m Master Shock’s servant, Aiden Irving. Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Leon seems quite confused.

I come from a wealthy family. I had a great sum of currency in my bank account. That is all. Let us not dwell on such trivial matters. Come in.

Leon and Shock walk into the room in the wall, followed by Aiden. In the small, white room is a single black cauldron-like pot, embedded with sapphires. Behind it on the back wall of the room are pictures of various wrestlers and people pinned to the wall.

What is this?

This is my Memory Room. On the left of the wall are photos of men that I respect and are my allies. The right are the opposite, men that I will defeat and do not care for. Once a man is beaten and done for, I light the Cauldron of Destruction and throw the picture in.

Geez. Think of what else could be in peoples’ locker rooms. So anyway, you said that pain always comes with pleasure. You never answered me. Who’s pain?

Shock reaches over to the wall and grabs two pictures that he holds up to the camera. On the photos are Kyle Christianson and Mike Ryder.

The things Kyle and Mike have stated in the past and the things they have done are unforgivable. Drake and I will make them pay. After Redemption, they will be nothing but a memory.

Shock stomps the floor and the cauldron becomes ablaze. Leon stumbles back in shock. Shock turns around and drops the pictures into the fire. Shock begins to walk out again. Leon looks at the cauldron and stops him.

Hey, aren’t you gonna snuff that out?

It will go out eventually.

Alright…

Leon shrugs and follows Shock out of the Memory Room. As they walk out and Aiden turns the camera out, we see someone sitting in Shock’s chair, with the chair in the relaxed position. Drake Callahan turns his head toward Shock.

Drake: Hey, what’s up, Shockster?

Hello Drake. Why are you here and why are you in my chair?

Eh, I dunno. Bored. Felt like checkin’ out your room, buddy. Man, this chair is comfy.

Drake reaches over to the side table, picks up his beer, and takes a sip.

Whew, this stuff is good. Want some, Shocky?

No.

Leon?

Yeah, sure. Why not.

Leon takes a swig of the beer and puts it back onto the table. Drake stands up, walks over to Shock, and puts his hand on his shoulder.

So… we have a tag team match. We’re gonna win, right?

I would assume so.

Good. You and me, man. We’ll kick their asses. The Prophet brings the pleasure…

Drake points at Shock, waiting for him to say something.

…and I bring the pain. Kyle, Ryder, watch where the lightning strikes.

Shock walks away. Drake puts his hand up and walks after him.

Hey, wait up man!

The camera gets shaky and we then see Aiden on screen.

Leon, bring that back to who ever it belongs to and leave please. Master Shock doesn’t appreciate anyone in his room when he’s not here. Goodbye.

The picture begins to become fuzzy and all we see is static as the screen fades to black.

We see 2 tall, well built guards guarding a door. Above the door it says "WZCW Locker Room". Both men are in suits and wore deep, black sunglasses. Suddenly a man steps out in front of the camera filming the two men. The figure is hooded with a rucksack flung across his shoulder. Both of the security men look at the hooded man, puzzled and confused by his appearance.

Bodyguard 1 :
So, hey pal you lookin' for somethin' or what?

Bodyguard 2 : Yeah - if you ain't part of the show or the crew beat it.

The hooded figure lets out a deep laugh. The camera moves round to the side of the hooded man - we can see the outline of his face and possibly a toothpick coming out from his mouth. He reaches up to his mouth and takes the pick away and throws it to the ground.

Hooded Man :
Everywhere. Every time. Every single time I go somewhere theres people like you. The world is full of people just like you. And I'm tired of it. I'm sick to the teeth of it. So I look a little scruffy - so what? Does that mean your better than me? Does that me I'm nothing? Does it? Does it? Go on! Tell me! DOES IT?

Bodyguard 1 : Hey buddy, listen if you ain't meant to be here bugger off.

Hooded Man : SEE. THIS IS WHAT I MEAN! PEOPLE LIKE YOU! AND THIS BRINGS ME BACK TO MY QUESTION - DOES THAT MAKE YOU BETTER THAN ME?

The two guards look at each other. They both nod. The hooded man has become too aggressive. They both roll up their fists. The first guard throws a punch but the hooded man catches it and throws him into a pile of bins nearby. The second man runs at the hooded man but he trips the guard up sending him crashing face first into the ground, smashing his glasses. The hooded man steps on the fallen guards head, sending the face of the guard into the shards of glass with even more pressure. The hooded man looks around and lets out yet another evil and sinister laugh. He throws down his hood. The camera zooms in and we finally see who it is - Mike Ryder.

Mike :
You see ... its people like that who made me who I am. Its people like that, that throw me out of clubs and buildings ... cause of the way I live. Sorta like Shock and Drake. You see these people are snobs. And hey all you WZCW Fans - they don't love you back. But guess who does - I do. I love each and every one of you. But I don't show it. Why? Because you don't love me back. I go from town to town wrestling my ass off and you boo me. You boo me. And why? Cause I take a few shortcuts? Oh, Please. Shock you say I'm going to pay for what I've done. But to be honest I've done nothing. I've done nothing other than fend for myself. And if thats a crime you can lock me up. And before I go and get ready for my match just a word for my friend Kyle - don't even show up. Because I can do it without you.

Mike puts his hood back up and heads into the building as one of the bodyguards helps the other up. Mike looks back for a second before turning around and continuing into the building. Suddenly we hear footsteps. Mike also hears this and turns round to face his partner for tonight - Kyle Christianson.

Kyle :
So I shouldn't show up eh? Thats a great attitude to have. Listen - we're going up against to guys who really want to win this - we have to be on the same page tonight if we want a chance to win.

Mike : I would win this match on my own. But I suppose your here now ... Listen chump. I won your debut match - don't forget that. I've got your number. So I'm the leader of the team tonight. When I want you to jump over the top rope you do it. If I want you to let me get the pin, you damn better let me get the pin. If we lose tonight you will get your ass kicked. Understood?

Kyle nods and Mike turns to leave. Kyle looks around and puts his hand on Mike's shoulder. Mike is spins round, throwing Kyle's hand away and grabbing him by the collar. He slams him against the wall.

Mike :
WHAT THE HELL? YOU TRYING TO ATTACK ME?

Kyle : NO! What the fu-

Mike throws Kyle to the floor and spits on him.

Mike :
Listen you tard - I want to win tonight. And so do you. And I hate you and you hate me. So listen - tonight we put that behind. We're walking out of here winners. Now get the bloody hell inside the locker room now.

Kyle picks up his bag and runs off into the locker room. Mike reaches into his pocket and comes out with a cigarette. He lights it and begins to enjoy some smoke. He lets out yet another trademark, sinister and evil laugh. He looks at the 2 guards on the floor, still in pain from Ryders attack. He throws his cigarette at one of the men and enters the locker room, whistling as if he hasn't got a care in the world.

The scene - a typical hallway backstage, a few employees loiter in the background. From an adjacent hallway, Drake Callahan emerges, clad in trench coat and sunglasses. He walks grinning, with a confident swagger, that is more than likely aided by the presence - and former contents - of a half empty beer bottle in his right hand. He begins to whistle tunelessly as he walks down the hall. He is suddenly approached by Leon Kensworth, holding a microphone.

Leon: Drake, I've been looking everywhere for you. Do you even know what the word punctual means?

Drake's grin doesn't fade.

Drake: Not really. He takes a deep swig of the beer, while Leon sighs.

Leon: Please, tell me you're not drunk again.

Drake: Of course not, buddy. This is only my...He raises his fingers as though to count, and stares at them for a minute. Dude, my fingers are huge.

Leon stares dumbly for a moment.

Leon: Look, we pulled this off last time...He is suddenly interrupted by Drake clapping his arm around him.

Drake: Gotcha! He chuckles. Really, Leon, this is only my second or third...maaaybe fourth.

Leon stares sideways at Drake.

Leon: Okay, whatever. You do know what's going on this time, right?

Drake: 'Course. We're playing tag!

Leon rubs his forehead.

Leon: Next time we do this, I'm making sure they send a different interviewer.

Drake looks at Leon with hurt eyes.

Drake: What, you don't like me?

Leon looks as though he's just kicked a puppy.

Leon: N-no, Drake, I mean...look, you're not playing tag, you're having a tag team match.

Drake is grinning widely again.

Drake: Right, right! Sounds like fun.
He continues to grin for a while.

Leon sighs.

Leon: You...don't know what that is, do you.

Drake: 'Course I do! Except, I'm a little fuzzy on the rules. Just need a...refresher.

Leon: Look, there's two teams of two men each, right? Drake nods. But only one man from each team is in the ring at a time, and to switch partners to you tag your partner. Then -

Drake: Excitedly. So he's it! It is like tag!

Leon opens his mouth, then closes it.

Leon: Yeah...that's pretty much it. The first fall wins the match.

Drake grins proudly.

Drake: Told ya I knew what I was doing.

Leon: So, what do you think of your partner?

Drake's grin widens.

Drake: Yeah, that big blue guy! The Shockster! Shockamania's running wild!

He waits for a reaction from Leon, but is met with stunned silence.

Drake: Well, uh, brother, I wrestled against Shock in the battle royal, and I got a good look at what he's got. Poor guy always looks so serious though. He grins, and takes another drink of beer. Good thing he's with the Life of the Party, the one and only, the Prophet, right buddy?

Leon: Of course, Drake. So do you think you'll cooperate well in the ring with Shock?

Drake: Shock's a big guy, he's got a lot of power there. He's definitely gonna be bringing down a lot of pain, and I like that he brings that to the table. I think I'll try to wrestle a faster style, and hopefully we can get a groove going. It's the first time we've teamed up, but I'm hoping we find that sweet spot.

Leon nods.

Leon: So how about your opponents?

Drake's look darkens.

Drake: Y'know, what went down before with Mike and Kyle fighting, insulting each other, it's bad mojo, you know? There ain't no need for that kind of thing. It's one thing for guys to step into a ring for healthy competition, but it's another for them to be fighting in the halls. I'm not a big fan of the kind of violence - that kind of violence is exactly what the Prophet's here to stop. There's gotta be peace, love, and understanding, Leon...and we're gonna bring it up with sex, booze, and rock & roll! He finished off his beer and throws it over his shoulder.

Leon nods in understanding.

Leon: So, Drake, you understand the implications of this match, right? If you and Shock win you'll receive a handicap match against one half of the World Tag Team Champions, for the title. With those odds, the winners of this match could very well become the next tag team champions.

Drake: Leon, that much, I understand perfectly. I missed my chance at a world championship, but here's my first step on a road to another one. It's an oppurtunity, and we don't get these kind of opportunities everyday. Leon, Shock and I, we need to make the most of this, because this is the chance for me, for Shock, and for my message. I told you before, Leon, a championship around my waist will make people sit up and listen. And the more people listening to the Prophet, the better this world is gonna be.

Leon: Very well put, Drake. Is there anything more you'd like to say?

Drake: Leon, all I've got to say to you is...

He grins wider than he has all night.

Drake: I really want another beer.

He claps Leon on the shoulder and turns back down the hallway, in search of his locker room. Leon shakes his head.

Leon: I am not interviewing him next time, I swear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back