Fallout
Garth Black
Grizzly Bob
Isabel Stone
Joey Sexton
Justin Cooper
Theron Daggershield
Wasabi Toyota

With the addition of the new Elite X title rules, the WZCW Board of Directors need to find the next challenger for the Elite X champion, regardless of who wins at Redemption. So, every current member of the WZCW roster who isn't in a match for the PPV will participate in a match where the winner will become the new contender for the Elite X championship and will challenge the champion on the next edition of Ascension.

And depending how the match goes, WZCW Management may spot themselves another potential contender to face the champion down the line.

Interesting mix, eh? I'd say Wasabi Toyota would have a chance if he hadn't been so shitty since his return. The top contenders are probably Bob, who has been putting out quality stuff each and every week, and Fallout, who has certainly hit the ground running. I don't think Joey Sexton is going to win.

Shot in the dark says Bob, Coberer or Fallout win this one. I do think I could surprise people and win this one though. The last battle royal I was in I was eliminated first, hopefully this time I can at least get to the final 4 of it.

Nope, Grizzly's totally choking here. Apart from the guys mentioned, I think Ace and Izzy have good chances.

Ace Stevens: When I read the new Elite X rules, this was the guy who I immediatly pictured slotting into the challenger role easiest. Ace Stevens strikes me as a guy who would fit in nicely around the title picture. That said, his RP's are so-so at the moment and it'll need to be a step up from him to win this and then conquer the champion, whomever that may be. Ace has the potnetial to blow us away, but so far we've merely moved a few inches. We see the quality he showed as Mayhem Champ, we see a winner, no question.

Bobby Adams: So far this character has failed to light the world on fire both in terms of performances on the shows and in RP's. Bobby Adams is one guy we as a community don't seem to buy into as much as others, but I get the feeling that there is some building coming for Bobby. Whether that starts here or not remains to be seen, but I just have this feeling that there's more to Bobby than meets the eye and we may see the genesis of that in the Elite X division. There's something lurking here.

Doctor Coberer: Of all the new persona's littering our screens, Coberer is the one we've seen the biggest impact from. Unique style and unique RP's have left broken opponents in his wake, but now he's facing his biggest step up in quality as he gets a shot at glory and then maybe some gold. On the face of things, he's the favourite for me and he'd fit in as an opponent for either Tastic or S.H.I.T. If he keeps on going like he has and builds on that he's going to take the match bar any major changes for his adversaries here.

Dustin Hunter: What can be said about Dustin Hunter here? He's no the best, he's not the biggest, he may not even be the brightest, but you can't knock his spirit. Maybe he's a glutton for punishment or maybe he's soaking things in like a sponge in the knowledge that one day he will strike back. Maybe that day is the battle royal, and maybe he'll finally get that win that has eluded him for so long. I have my doubts, but the kid keeps coming back for more, and that's most certainly worth something.

Fallout: Filling in a niche that's been missing for awhile, Fallout has the credentials to win this thing. Hot, young, new rookie comes in with a dominant character and a vicious persona that could see him rise up the card very quickly. Reminds me a wee bit of how Zeus has made an impact, but moreso it reminds me of what can be doen with an unstoppable monster character. I see Fallout making a mark in this match and maybe even winning, but he's going to have to produce his best work yet and rely on maybe a slip-up or two as well. Look for him to be the star of the match though.

Garth Black: My dark horse pick. Garth Black's return has been a mixed bag so far. His impact hasn't been felt greatly across the board, but that's not to say he can't do the business here. He's very solid with his RP's and he knows the character well enough to craft out an at least average RP with minimal time. This is his first PPV RP (well kinda) since coming back and the first time he's been in action with a major oppertunity at stake since the return and I think he has all the tools to make it happen. Black vs. either Tastic or S.H.I.T. makes for interesting reading.

Grizzly Bob: I love Grizzly Bob. I really do. If two months ago you';d asked me where he and Beard would be with the know-how of the Gold Rush tournament, I would probably have said Bob would be in the semi's and Beard would be here. Fate is a weird thing though and here we find the Grizzly one. He's got the ability to pull out a winner and the fan-base to push it through into a title reign. Whether he uses that or not remains to be seen, but I suspect that coming out of this, Grizzly Bob will have a far clearer direction than he has previously.

Isabel Stone: She's the x-factor in this. Whether Izzy performs or not may well go a long way to deciding who takes the match. A strong Izzy showing will make her amongst the top contenders for sure, but if she's filling in an RP and trying to tick boxes and produces a standard piece, then she's just another body amongst the masses. Isabel Stone is another character who is prime and fit for the midcard oppertunity, but I'm not sure I foresee it happening just yet.

Joey Sexton: In my estimation he's the least noteworthy of the rookies that recently swepped in. That could set him up potentially for a surprise victory here. If Sexton has a good RP idea he's been saving for a big match, I suggest he use it here because it'll make an impact. He's not the favourite by a long stretch, but I believe he's capable of writing something that would push the best in this battle royal. Keep an eye on this one.

Justin Cooper: Does Justin Cooper have anything to prove here? POssibly yes. How many of you remember the cup of coffee that was his title reign? I certainly didn't until thinking about it, and I consider my capacity for general WZCW knowledge to be fairly vast. If he can sit himself down and hammer out something that talks about how he needs to regain the gold to validate and cement himself as a player, then I think he may well be on course not only for a win here, but also a second Elite X reign.

Theron Daggershield: He's no pushover by any means. Very comfortable in his character and RP arcs, Theron has left a unique imprint on me thus far and there were times I thought he was going to beat me. For me he's the most settled of our newbies and that could be dangerous. If he's comfortable and clear on what he wants to do with himself in the near (or even far) future then he cna carve out yet another good RP that will set him up nicely to challenge the champion.

Wasabi Toyota: I'd be lying if I didn't say that Wasabi's return so far hadn't left me underwhelmed. So far his RP's haven't really blown me away. Maybe its because I'm just not into the character given his current direction (or lack thereof). With that noted, he's still as credible a threat as anyone else in this match. Toyota on paper could arguably be the favourite, but it's going to take something better than what has been offered recently to pull out the W and set up a showdown with the champ.

Ace Stevens: Ace wouldn't be among my two personal favourites, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wins. The problem is, he's sort of been drifting around the mid-card since his match with Vega at KC, and he's not really had a goal to chase. He's also been lacking in wins since his return, so his momentum isn't great either. Overall, I think he definitely has the potential to win this match.

Bobby Adams: Dave is a great RP'er having seen Constantine in the past, so I know he's capable of winning big matches. The problem is with Bobby Adams himself, as he's not had a very good start in the fed. Having read one of your RP's though, it was pretty good and I'm interested to see what happens to Adams next. Not a favourite, but far from bad.

Doctor Coberer: You've been cursed with tough matches since you won the Contract Battle Royale. I think you've done well in them despite your losses however and stood your ground. But there's a problem. Not to do with you or your RPing, but the fact that the 2 other doctors in the fed overshadow you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you ripped them off or anything, but both Zeus and Kurtesy are higher up the card than you, and it makes you look third best compared to them. That being said though, you're looking good so far, and you could get another victory up your sleeve here.

Dustin Hunter: My official dark horse. You've come on in leaps and bounds this cycle, especially with your win over James Howard and your narrow loss to Stormrage. Can you throw out a great RP here though? You've certainly got the ability to, let's see if you can bring it home.

Fallout: Not going to say much, just that I've got a very good idea on what I want to write about.

Garth Black: I like Garth. I'm bound to, being Welsh myself. But like Ace, you've been sort of floating around the mid-card at the moment with nothing really to do. Sure, you've a little more momentum than Ace, but is it enough to scavenge a win here? I'm thinking you'll do well, but I'm not sure you'll win.

Grizzly Bob: Favourite number 1. Been on great form lately, and I'm a little shocked you haven't moved up the card a little yet, but that time will come. Maybe in this match.

Isabel Stone: Not sure what to think here. You've not had the best cycle, beating a no-shower and losing two other matches (granted to skilled opponents, but the momentum is lost), but you've also got some big wins under your belt. I'm going to put you in a similar boat with Coberer, good RP's and good character, just needs to do something to stand out from the crowd a little more.

Joey Sexton: I'm going to be completely honest here: When I saw your application, I didn't think you could do it. The whole sex angle thing is very one-dimensional and gets old quickly. But, you've surprised me. You've had a big challenge trying to get your character to work, and you've made it work. Granted, your RP's are far from perfect, but if you iron out the flaws in your RP's (that have been pointed out to you), then you have MASSIVE potential. You're a good writer, and you've proved me wrong. Will you win this match? Probably not to be blunt, but you have a chance.

Justin Cooper: Favourite Number #2, but for a completely different reason to Bob. Have you been great this cycle? Not particularly. Have you been great before? Yes. And I believe Shotaro said it best: "Cooper works best when he has something to target" (or something around those lines). And you've got everything to prove and improve in this RP. And with the victories under your belt, I honestly think you can blow the competition away.

Theron Daggershield: Another guy without a victory under his belt, but has also fought some tough competition and held his own. The only thing that I worry about here is that your RP's seem to be much better when they are focused on one person. When you have a lot of people to focus on, it's going to be less focused, and that's the case here. Keep this in mind, and you could surprise everyone. I wouldn't put you as my top pick to win, but with a great RP, you could get there.

Wasabi Toyota: Wasabi's not had the best return, has he? It's really sad, as I like Wasabi, but his momentum is about as existant as his fat. Having said that, you have a new direction with your character it seems. And whether this plays into your RP or not could be the turning point of the entire match. Wasabi is the definition of sleeping giant in this tournament, and I think you could bring it home with an RP that's above and beyond.

I've been looking at this list and honestly, we've got a number of potential winners that could take this Battle Royale. It's less than the Lethal Lottery but it's going to be just as hard to predict a winner, possibly even pick. That said, here is my quick run down:

* Justin Cooper & Dr Coberer have made it clear (one way or another) that winning this match simply won't be on their radar and they won't care too much if they lose. So, they're gone.

* Ace Stevens & Wasabi Toyota haven't really been able to capitalise in recent weeks, seeing a dip in quality (especially the latter). I know both handlers can pull out something awesome but if they continue on their current run, I don't think they'll be getting close to the end.

* Bobby Adams, Theron Daggershield & Joey Sexton all joined up at the same time and have some interested characters/stories that they are portraying. Somehow, these haven't been conveyed as well as they could be and they are suffering losses because of it. This Battle Royale is going to be no different unless they pull out something awesome (just like everyone else).

* Isabel Stone is either an excellent or terrible RPer. She's beaten and lost to people she shouldn't have under normal circumstances and she really is hard to predict. I'd like to be positive and say Isabel Stone will win this but this uncertainty makes me not consider her at all.

* Fallout & Dustin Hunter weren't the greatest when they first made their impacts here but they've been improving, leaps and bounds. I have confidence in these two to do well in this match but to consider as the victor? That's going to need a lot of convincing. I'll pencil these two as the dark horses.

* Grizzly Bob is one of the best rookies we've got, sliding underneath Dr. Zeus as the best we've had this year. He deserves the credit he gets and I wouldn't be surprised if he took this match but he hasn't got a good record in the "bigger" matches he's had thus far. He lost the Most Manly Competition and was unable to pass the first round of the Gold Rush tournament. He'll definitely be a finalist but personally, I don't think Bob will take this match.​

This leaves me with one final competitor - Garth Black. He hasn't won every match since his return but he's been putting on some excellent performances. I have nothing to fault Black on and I'm putting him down as my winner.

Prediction: Garth Black (should Isabel Stone not bring the thunder)

Everybody on this list has just been phoning it recently save for some of the newbies still finding their feet or others who are beginning to improve.

In the long run I doubt this match matters as I don't believe the belt is being taken off SHIT for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back