Rd. 1 Submission - Nathan Jones (NZL) vs El Canek (MEX)

Nathan Jones vs El Canek, Submission Match

• Nathan Jones

• El Canek

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Nathan Jones (NZL) vs El Canek (MEX)

This is a first round Submission Match in the 2010 Wrestlezolympics. This match will be contested under general Submission Match Rules. The match will continue without pinfalls until a wrestler either taps out or is rendered unconscious by an opponents submission maneuver. WZO Submission Matches are contested under no count-out, no DQ rules, but the match can only end via submission inside the ring.

The match will open for discussion on Monday, January 25th, and voting will begin on Wednesday, January 27th. This is a non-spam thread, so if you decide to post, you must provide reasons why you are backing a particular wrestler. You may vote without posting.

This match goes so overwhelmingly in the favor of El Canek.

Once again, Jones is a guy who was slotted into a submission role simply because he was the only member of a relatively weak team with any MMA experience, similar to Kozlov on the Russian team.

El Canek, on the other hand, is both a Mexican Wrestling legend, AND is even currently competing in MMA in Japan, holding an MMA win over Japanese MMA fighter Osamu Tachihikari. If Canek, currently 57, is winning MMA matches in Japan after decades of dominance in Mexican wrestling and wins over Yokozuna, Andre the Giant, Lou Thesz, and Hulk Hogan, then what the hell is Nathan Jones going to do?

bo_canek.jpg

Nathan Jones doesn't have a prayer in this category. The only thing that makes Nathan relevant in this category is his ability to use his size to his advantage... that is, if he can use his power to beat down his opponent to the point of submission. Besides that, he's dead in the water. He's large, clumsy, has huge limbs, and is stupid as fuck.

El Canek (as previously mentioned) is a legend in pro-wrestling. And he's (at the very least) a decent pro-wrestler. That's more than enough information needed to convince all of you that he pwns Nathan here. If he sneezes, Nathan Jones should submit in this match.

El Canek is going to trample Nathan Jones in this one.

I've seen one Canek match: a 6 man he was in at Rumble 97. He was old, he was boring, he wasn't interesting and I wanted to hit him.

If he doesn't throw a shutout here, I'm calling a fix. Jones is AWFUL. He's the epitome of everything wrong with WWE. he's big and muscular and can throw a kick, so that entitles him to a Wrestlemania spot. The guy is worthless and Canek should massacre him which I'll greatly enjoy.

But Nathan Jones was in Troy, The Condemned, and the Tekken movie!

The fact that he's in this is astounding. I'd even say his submission skills are very dubious. After all, he only competed in one professional MMA fight, and he tapped out to an armlock in just a little over two minutes. There would be no shame in that, except that the guy who he fought was a sumo wrestler. Furthermore, that was his only win in three career MMA fights. Sure, Nathan Jones is a tough son of a bitch, and legitimately dangerous, but he stands no chance against El Canek.

In addition to being a very accomplished wrestler, who has beaten some of the best, he's also an MMA fighter who has actually gotten some wins. Nathan Jones could have a chance here if it was a street fight. It isn't though, is it? It's a submission match, and El Canek is one of the best technical wrestlers of all time.

Don't let the fact that because he was in the WWE that Nathan Jones is entitled to win here. He isn't. The only reason why he's even in this to begin with is because Australia needed a representative. El Canek should absolutely win here. If you can't be bothered to watch some of his matches, find a highlight compilation on Youtube.

Nathan Jones makes the mistake of underestimating his opponant and finds himself in trouble quickly. El Canek makes the big man tap in only eight minutes.

wow can you say massacre?

I mean nathan jones is a big strong guy and like someone said above me is one tough mo'fo in real life probably but this isnt even close.

The points have been made but i will just rehash my thoughts. El Canek is a legend, has big wins against big time opponents. Nathan jones has....uhm...yea. El canek is still competing in MMA to this point in his life and is still wining!? Nathan jones had one MMA and lost bad from what i heard.

So basically El canek could basially do as he wants let jones come at him and just beat him up and finish it as quickly as he wants or he can just beat him till he just gets bored. Either way El canek's experience, toughness, coordination, and talent gets him the easy win.

Nathan Jones is a chief, as Dizzee Rascal would say. His only possible saving grace is his MMA career. Oh wait, he lost his only match and Canek won his. I've long made my chagrin for Canek known, but there is absolutely not a chance that he's going to lose here. Not a chance. Team Australia will be lucky to get a bronze in this tournament.

For shame that Nathan Jones has been picked to represent Australia. Apparently being good at every other sport in the world means we have to be shit at Wrestling. but today is Australia Day, I would never leave a fellow Australian behind, least of which, the "Colossus of Boggo Road". Some punk masked wrestler called El Canek wants to come along and try and tarnish the wonderful work that Nathan Jones has done, I'll have none of it!

Jones has a staggering 1 foot 1 inch height advantage over Canek. He eats former UWA Heavyweight Champions for Breakfast, Lunch and Tea. He has the size advantage, and his intimidating look will certainly have the man from Frontera, Tabasco on the back foot. Jones is a former WWA World Heavyweight Champion, beating 3 other men in a multiman match to claim his prize. Who were these men? Oh I don't know. Only Grandmaster Sexay, Scott Steiner, and the man who defeated Canek in the WZ Tournament, Jeff Jarrett.

Jones is winning this contest and we havent even gotten into the meat and bones of this extensive argument. I look forward to someone daring to question my authority on this matter. Nathan Jones has my vote so far.

Nathan Jones is one big, strong, scary lookin' fucker, but that's really all he's got going for him. Nathan Jones has done absolutely nothing as either a wrestler or an MMA fighter. As far as I know, the one MMA fight he had he wound up losing. Aside from being big and strong, he has absolutely nothing.

Canek is a godlike figure in Mexico and does have wins over the likes of Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Big Van Vader, Riki Chosu and Lou Thesz. Beating any single one of those men is more than anything that Jones has managed to do in his nearly 40 years of walking this planet.

Nathan Jones should not be anywhere near Team Australia/NZ at all. But, here we are...

Jones has been a prisoner for 10 years in rough prisons where he would have to battle for survival. Considering his power and size, as well as channeling his anger into a relaxed state, the man can be intimidating and dangerous. But, this is a wrestling match where a clean submission victory and performance are required. I don't think Jones has it in him to get any victory in this departments.

By analysis of Nathan Jones alone, not even mentioning the accomplishments of his opponent, El Canek dominates this one.

I don't give a shit what type of match it is, Jones isn't going to win here. Canek is a monster and he has an awesome match. Didn't he bodyslam Hulk Hogan once or something? Simply put, Canek is a Mexican legend, Jones is a piece o' trash. Pretty simple.

With those long limbs than Jones has he is going to leave himself open to a takedown. Arm bars on those limbs are a sure thing. Canek know all to well how to lock on an arm bar, so it would comedown to Jones being able to get a kick in on Canek. But that's a long shot, so I vote Canek.

I'm a bit late on this one, so sue me, but I can see my presence wasn't really needed anyways. Everyone realizes this is just a glorified squash match here for Canek. Nathan Jones...well what the fuck did Nathan Jones ever actually accomplish? I ask you to answer me that question, an then take two seconds to remember it's not even 1/100th of the impact Canek has had.

Easy match here, so sad for the New Zealand team.

Sweet baby Jesus, how did Nathan Jones become the representive for the Submission match, despite having almost no submission holds in his repertoire?

Whatever drugs the people that voted him into this match were on, I think I'd like some. I mean, obviously my brain cells weren't fried enough because I voted Australia's version of Mark Henry to be the Last Man Standing representative.

I'm going with El Canek; sure, Jones has the power advantage, but I seriously doubt that Canek is just going to stand there and let himself get squeezed to death. He'll use his definative MMA background to counter and he'll have Jones to the mat and tapping in no time.

It'll be like the scene in Fearless all over again.

This is so sad im happy though seeing as team Mexico is getting an easy win how could it ever be possible that a guy like nathan jones could defeat
:lol:

El Canek someone who's defeated guys like Lou Thesz, Hulk Hogan, André the Giant, Yokozuna, Big Van Vader, Owen Hart, Tatsumi Fujinami, Riki Choshu and Kim Duk. He also body slammed both Andre the Giant and Yokozuna. Its just not possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back