RAW 25th Anniversary + Undertaker Returns!

Discussion in '[Hidden] World Wrestling Entertainment' started by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D., Oct 30, 2017.

1. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

Let's skip the whole "anniversay" thing, because yet again, they SCREWED THAT UP DIDN'T THEY??!

So on the 24th anniversay of RAW, The Undertaker, among with HBK and Kevin Nash will make an appearence.

Okay, nobody cares about Nash and HBK will have a fun segment. But THE UNDERTAKER. That will be his first appearence after his maybe-maybenot-retirement. Roman says he's retired though. It's huge.

What do you think it could be? One-off? A last match? Hall of Fame induction maybe?

Plus who else do you think will appear and who would you like to appear?

I really, really want to see Stone Cold on RAW. I think it's been a looong time since Austin was last seen on a RAW, probably around 6-7 years.

Sting appearing would be nice, too. Can you imagine a staredown between Sting and Undertaker and then, no match taking place? That's like that thing I'm not going to say because I don't know if I'm allowed to. It has the world "block" in it and a synonym of rooster.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  2. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The way they phrase it and the fact that it's in january, i wouldn't be surprise that first this is going to be a one off since he's not going to be at the barclay center and it wouldn't be surprise if they announce him as the headliner for the hall of fame with HBK being the one who inducts him.

The fact is he's there mostly because he was in the first ever main event of Monday night raw, so it makes sense for him to do a appearance at the venue that held the first ever Raw.

3. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

WWE has a very rich history and since so many of the great NWA and Canadian territories of the past are owned by WWE, they can deliver emotional segments that nobody else can come close to matching when the company takes its history seriously. As a result, the anniversary show has the potential of being something epic and something fans will talk about for years to come.

The Undertaker's appearance, in my opinion, is sort of a one off and I think that may very well be when any lingering doubts as to whether or not he's truly retired will be laid to rest, no pun intended. I think he's finished and though I may regret this later, part of me would like to see him confront John Cena over Cena's comments about him during one of his promos while building his match with Roman Reigns. I don't remember what he said word for word, but it was something to the effect that Reigns beat an aging veteran at the end of his rope or near the end of his career; it was something along those lines and Taker, being the prideful man that he is, taking issue with that is a feasible possibility. Would I prefer Taker vs. Cena to Jinder vs. Cena for WrestleMania? Hell yes I would because even though Taker's well into his 50s and half crippled, he could also be blind and he'd still be able to generate a more entertaining and emotional match than Jinder Mahal.

However, I think there'll more than likely be some sort of retirement ceremony similar to what we saw with Ric Flair or at least an official declaration from Taker himself that in no way leaves any room for doubt that he's done.

4. TheBadGuy92

TheBadGuy92 Undertaker, If that is ur real name

I would not be against Taker showing up out of character as himself or American BA Taker. to have his send off and thank yous from the roster. Also if HBK and Nash are there, bring Hall too and have a kliq/NWO thing, why not. NWO and Shield staredown would be a moment.

5. Wildcat66

Wildcat66 DELETE!

Is no one mentioning the fact that it's being held at the Hammerstein Ballroom?

The very place where RAW had it's very first show AND the home of ECW?

Yeah, this'll sure be interesting to see.

6. Loganity

Loganity Pre-Show Stalwart

I'm thrilled that The Undertaker will in fact be returning to WWE in January. The big question is why? With the timing of the return it is either to announce his retirement and headline the 2018 Hall Of Fame or he will start his next feud, there is no in between. I'd be surprised if it's a one off nostalgia moment. I would love to see a match with Cena or Strowman

7. roipdh123

roipdh123 Getting Noticed By Management

IF Taker wrestles at WrestleMania 34 - I would have loved for a nostalgic moment of Damien Demento coming out with Taker squashing him in a moment before his promo just for the old fans (a rematch from Raw's first main event).

But in all seriousness I think it should be a confrontation with Kane. Taker is in the ring talking about Roman etc., then have Kane enter to attack Taker with Cena making the save and then attacking Taker.

8. BigDaddyKewl

BigDaddyKewl Getting Noticed By Management

It should be interesting to see what they do with The Undertaker when he returns. It seemed it was the end of The Undertaker character in the closing moments of this past Mania. So does he appear as The Undertaker or does he finally break character and appear as Mark Callaway? I think we'll get a good indication of Undertaker's future and whether Undertaker is going to work Mania or if he is truly done and gets inducted in the Hall of Fame or appears in some other capacity. It seems like every time around this year there's rumours that The Undertaker says he's done and he's not working Mania and yet he always ends up eventually returning and wrestling at Mania.

9. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Really? How many years has it been since they've been there? Going to be a wild night apparently. Brock and Heyman better be there.

10. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Undertaker and Wrestlemania is like a never ending love between a man and his ex. They always break up, but he'll always end up back with her.

11. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Have New Day, Shield, NWO (Hall, Hogan, Nash) and DX (HHH, HBK, X-Pax, NAO) share the ring for a segment. Then a brawl. THAT would be a moment.

12. Navi

Navi With the safety off!!

These are the shows that the WWE does well and they should and probably will pull out all the stops. Anyone who was a name on RAW in the past, still breathing and can still walk should be there.

Not expecting a lot of wrestling to happen that night and if it does it won't mean much, but will be fun none the less. Looking forward to it.

13. Navi

Navi With the safety off!!

Also wouldn't be surprised to see the WWE bring Hogan back for this.

Sorry forgot to add this to my post above, the forum for some reason wouldn't let me edit it. So if a mod wants to incorporate the two I would appreciate it. Yea even though it let me edit this one. Strange.

14. JJ15776

JJ15776 Championship Contender

No no. Miraculously, they got it right this time. The first Raw was in 1993, which means 2018 will be the 25th anniversary of the first episode. They only get it wrong when they're counting editions of something, like calling the 25th edition of WrestleMania the 25th anniversary.

As far as the Undertaker goes, hopefully this is just an official retirement and HOF induction announcement. WWE has been pretty good about keeping guys retired when they have their retirement moment at WrestleMania(Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels), so I feel pretty good about this. Other than that, should be a fun episode. These big Raws are always good.

15. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm fine with all three making appearances as long as it's not working any matches. Nash was awful in his 2011 return. He was awful in TNA before that. I've got no desire to see him in the ring. A promo would be good or some kind of segment. HBK, I doubt he is going to work a match since he is retired and has stayed true to his word for almost 8 years now. It will be awesome to have him show up on the show regardless. Taker's appearance is likely for a Hall Of Fame announcement. After last year's Wrestlemania there is no reason whatsoever for him to work another match. He had a great moment for closure for his in-ring career last year, why tarnish that by having another match when it's not necessary? The show should be pretty awesome. These big editions of Raw often are. I won't get my hopes up like I did for the 1,000th edition of Raw a few years back, however I'm looking forward to it. Hard to believe it's truly been 25 years. I've watched Raw ever since the first episode.

16. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Let's revive this thread.

X-Pac, Ted DiBiase, DX, Jerry Lawler, Jim Ross, Duddley Boyz, Ric Flair, Scott Hall, Bella Twins, NAO, APA and freaking Stone Cold will be all appearing on the show.

The big deal for me is that, if I'm not mistaken, this is the first time in 4 or 5 years that Austin appears on RAW!

17. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

It's such a shame that Dean Ambrose is out with an injury. This could have been a golden moment as we could have seen: Shield, DX and Balor Club all in the same ring at the same time.

As far as Miz vs Reigns goes. I want Miz to beat Reigns. RAW needs a big moment and there's no bigger moment than a title change. Having said that.. WWE should have booked Lesnar vs Strowman in a Last Man Standing match for this show and have Strowman win and become the champion. The shock would be huge and Strowman would get even more recognition. He can always drop the belt back to Lesnar at the Rumble.

No word yet wether any Smackdown stars will appear, but I guess not. Maybe just Cena, who's a free agent.

18. Psykohurricane55

Staff Member Moderator

We will know more next week, but if you believe some of the online reports, asuka will neat nia on next week's raw and them beat Alexa for the women's title on the anniversary show. If that happens, you don't need reigns to lose the ic title on the same show.

19. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Which means that they think that having Asuka in the Rumble and be eliminated makes her look weak, which also means that somebody else except Asuka will be winning the women's Royal Rumble.

Well, stiii, I want Miz to once again become the IC Champion..

20. THTRobtaylor

THTRobtaylor Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist

The Womens Rumble is a no-brainer, it's when Ronda shows up and wins it...

As for Undertaker, the HOF announcement is easily the main reason for him to be there, although they could announce DX as going in if Waltman is there instead.
    Personally, I don't see this being a "top" show unless there is some kind of shock in there...

Not expecting Punk, but if he ever WAS gonna show up "unannounced" then that would be the time to do it... I'm expecting Rey to show up too.

21. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

The shock I'm expecting is The Undertaker to challenge John Cena at Wrestlemania. I don't really expect anything else big to go down. A title change could happen, but as long as it's not Lesnar, there's no shock in them.

22. Hard Hit Prince

Hard Hit Prince Not really working as a

This big shows are usually fun to watch. Filled with good moments and a clear indication about WrestleMania's plans for some of the main event talent. It usually showcases a good match in it, so I am looking forward to The Miz vs. Roman Reigns.

It would be sweet to see Jason Jordan kinda screwing Reigns of the title as there's no way Miz gets the title back clean. Specially not against Roman Reigns, who has to be the odds on favorite, to win The Royal Rumble Match and get his mega heat back on. All of that together makes me think we'll see the title changing hands and I'm fine with it.

As for the nostalgic acts, we'll have a Kliq and Balor Club segment. It's just "Too Sweet" for them to pass on it. The fanfare will rise for a possible Finn Balor/Shawn Michaels dream match that will never happen, but it will be cool.

I expect Heath & Rhyno to have something with the APA given the current storyline. Not a match, but a backstage/in-ring segment of some kind.

As for The Undertaker, I really don't care. I always liked The Undertaker, but he was never my favorite and since The Streak is over and he passed the torch to Roman Reigns, I really don't think there's anything there for him anymore. I doubt they can sell me a match with him, even if it's against Kane or John Cena. It will not be for me, personally, but I believe it would be a big deal for most fans going to WrestleMania, see this dream match happen.

I would dig a competitive match between Asuka and Nia Jax before The Rumble and more Enzo.

I also have no idea what Austin will be doing there. I'm interested. I know it's not a return, but I like the usual Stunner fest.

Aside from that, I don't care about the rematch between The Bar and Titus Worldwide that will happen for sure and I don't care about the Hardy/Wyatt feud at all.

Khalifa likes this.
  23. Issa Genesis

Issa Genesis Actively evolving

So you want a legitimately injured Dean Ambrose to brawl? Got it. Why would New Day, a comedy group considered a tag team be involved with three of the greatest and most badass factions of all-time?

Anywho, I think it's very likely that Taker is announced for the WWE Hall of Fame. Undertaker does what they used to do and make his way out immediately afterwards. During that segment, Taker officially announces his retirement, only to be interrupted by John Cena.

Someone brought up Cena turning heel by attacking Taker, then what? It's about 5 years too late for a Cena turn.

24. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

I said that it's a SHAME that Dean is injured and that he CANNOT brawl now but the segment WOULD be cool.

EDIT: That post that you replied to, I wrote before the Dean Ambrose injury...

25. Psykohurricane55

Staff Member Moderator

I feel like where making too big of a deal about undertaker being on the show. i feel he will just show up, tombstone somebody and leave. He left the best way he could possibly imagine, by putting somebody over on his way out and leaving on his turn. That moment at Wrestlemania last year was the most memorable moment of that mania and to go back and ruin that moment just for one more match, which by the way won't be good because Taker can barely move, would be stupid on his part.

As for a Hall of Fame induction, this is all up to him at this point. For years, the guy didn't want to show up for the ceremony because he didn't want to break keyfabe. The only time he appeared was for paul bearer and even then he just show up in character, did his thing and left. So while i think WWE would love to inducted him and he truly deserve the honor, it'S all up to him if he wants it enough to just be himself and accept the honor.