Rate The Wresler(TEST)

Odisho

PISTOL PETE
Test.jpg
andrew_martin.jpg

ring name(s): Test(WWF/E), The Punisher(TNA)
trained by: Bret Hart and Dory Funk JR.
height&weight: 6,6, 285 pounds
birth&death: 1975-2009 was 33 years old
debut&retirement: 1994-2008(wrestled for 14 years)

championships
Intercontinental championship, European championship, Hardcore championship, 2 time tag team champion with Booker T

career highlights
1998 episode of Raw is War, Martin aligned himself with WWF Champion The Rock by attacking The Rock's rival Triple H. Martin went on to join The Corporation, a wrestling stable consisting of numerous other wrestlers. During this time, he received the ring name "Test". Martin then began an on-screen relationship with Stephanie McMahon after he defeated Shane McMahon in a match, at SummerSlam in 1999, which led to an on-screen engagement between Stephanie and Martin. until Triple H showed a video which revealed that he had given Stephanie drugs and taken her to Las Vegas, Nevada, where they were married in a drive-through ceremony. Stephanie turned on Test and aligned with Triple H. Test would soon turn into a villain and form a tag team with Albert. The two were known as T & A, Test and Albert, and were managed on-screen by Trish Stratus. In the alliance Test began teaming with Booker T defeating Kane and undertaker to become WCW tag champs, then defeating Y2j and the rock to become WWF tag champs.Test later formed a stable, "The Un-Americans" along with Lance Storm, Christian, and William Regal. Martin underwent spinal fusion surgery in July 2004 and then was released by wwe. vignettes began to play during ECW announcing that Test was going to debut on the ECW brand of WWE. He made his debut on the July 4, 2006 episode of ECW, defeating Al Snow. Test portrayed a vicious villain, as opposed to the arrogant villain he played in the past. This led to Test receiving a fairly large push which resulted in Test being victorious in singles matches for the entirety of 2006 in during the ECW program. Test's first real angle in ECW placed him as part of a feud between new and old ECW stars, first teaming up with Mike Knox, and enveloping other newcomers, Big Show and Matt Striker, against the stable, "ECW Originals", which consisted of Rob Van Dam, Sabu, and The Sandman.

Martin, identified as "'The new Enforcer in TNA, 'The Punisher' Andrew Martin", debuted in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) as a babyface. Martin aligned himself with Abyss and Sting by helping them defeat A.J. Styles and Christian Cage in a tag team ladder match. At Hard Justice 2007, Martin, Abyss, and Sting defeated A.J. Styles, Christian Cage, and Tomko, a stable known as Christian's Coalition, in a Doomsday Chamber of Blood match after Styles was slammed into a pile of broken glass and pinned by Abyss. Martin was released from TNA shortly afterward

DEATH
Martin was found dead in his Tampa, Florida home on March 13, 2009. Police were called in after a concerned neighbor reported Martin appearing motionless for several hours through a window outside of his condominium. Police retrieved the body after scaling the apartment balcony. He is believed to have died the previous day. His death was ruled an accidental overdose of oxycodone. It was later determined that Martin had severe chronic traumatic encephalopathy, an Alzheimer's-like form of brain damage that fellow pro wrestler Chris Benoit was found to be suffering from shortly before his death in 2007, caused by repeated concussions and subconcussive head injuries. He was cremated & his cremated remains were flown to his family at his hometown of Whitby, Ontario, Canada.

so on a scale from 1 to 10 what would you rate the career of TEST as.

by the way REST IN PEACE ANDREW ''TEST'' MARTIN i will always remember when you attacked rob van dam in smack down shut your mouth because a kid asked you if you can get him a :robvandam:ROBVAN DAM:robvandam: autograph

i would rate him a 6/10

6 out of 10 seems fair enough. I remember Test being a little better than average but never making a great impact.

I agree 6/10 would be fair maybe even 6.5 outa 10 for his run in ECW. I was hoping test would have won the ecw title in his short run as he had the perfect look and size plus his version of the TKO was awesome! Was a real shame he passed away :-( RIP big man!

I'm saying 6 as far as career goes but if we're talking about talent or ability then there's no way he gets anything more than a 3.5 on my scale. He was given push after push from 1999-2003 and didn't do shit with any of those pushes. Guys like Jericho, Christian, and Jeff Hardy weren't even pushed the way Test was but became champions because of how over they were with the fans. Test had no charisma, no mic skills, but was extremely tall so they tried to pretend he had a reason to be in the WWE.

yeah he doesnt get anything over a 4. he was mediocre at best, didnt provide any quality matches and was one of the 1,000 guys with a good look but was shit in the ring. he was mediocre on the mic and was a lame duck big man. also he was one of those guys that the i.w.c praised after his death. it is tragic and no one deserves to die young, but that doesnt mean people need to overhype the recently dead either. he was lucky to have gotten all the pushes and attention in his wrestling career.

Potential to be another Big Sexy, and wasn't a great midcarder. or to quote Jessie Ventura "Million Dollar Body, ten cent brain"
5/10. Once he was out of T&A it went downhill. (no not TNA) T&A the tag team he was in with Trish Stratus and Albert, other then the midcard title runs he did nothing beyond that and it all came to an end when Triple H married Stephanie on screen.

okay im going to use the Bret Hart rating system: physique-9/10 in ring ability-5/10 which comes to an average 7/10. Test was a pretty generic wrestler. He was the Gunner of the Attitude Era basically.

He had the look Vince wanted, his debut gimmick played into the Attitude Era, he was given a pretty big push in mid-late 99 with Shane, Mean Street Posse' and Triple H.
It was a good run but produced ONE classic, Shane and ironically it was some Street Fight (Shane's speciality).

Test in T&A wasn't all that great, it sucked actually. 2001 he was given some gold, Euro, Hardcore, WWF & WCW tag gold, I totally digged Booker T and Test as a tag team, I thought they gelled really well. Test won the emunity battle royal @ Survivor Series 2001 after he'd dropped the IC belt to Edge earlier in the show, looked like WWE had plans for him but they never materialized for whatever reason.

Seriously he had that big guy look, his career had more titles that his talents warrented, he had some hot gf's in high places in WWE and by all accounts was friends with all the right people.

Personally I consider his career to have been mid-card heaven, had plenty gold but done nothing to jump into the elite echelon.

4/10

It's pretty bad when your most memorable feud is over a girl and another guy trying to steal her away from you or a tag team that didn't amount to much. Test had a pretty solid look and he wasn't too bad in the ring, but he didn't do anything even remotely relevant in the WWE. His Championship wins were forgettable and not all that great, his feuds lacked focus, and it seemed to me Test cruised through his entire WWE career. Test had a pretty solid push but the crowd hardly gave a fuck. There is only so much the WWE can do, Test had to get over and he didn't. Cool look and all but he didn't make that big of an impact in the WWE (or anywhere else for that matter).

I personally would no go higher or lower than 5.5 out of 10. He was average in every department but looks in my opinion. He had a really good Street Fight with Shane McMahon. I can't base my score on his ECW or TNA runs because I never saw any of that.

6 out of 10 seems fair. He wasn't as bad in the ring as people seem to remember, but he did have no charisma, and no mic skills. He was part of a few big angles, but not really a memorable part. He was a solid worker who did what they needed him to do.

They should have pulled the trigger on Test at Survivor Series 1999 and had him hold the belt for a little while, feuding with HHH over the whole Stephanie incident. I think his score would have been a lot higher in the minds of many had he been given that big shove to put him over, even if they protected Rock and HHH by having Rock dominate the match only to be distracted by DX, letting Test steal the upset win.

As it is, 6/10 seems rather appropriate.

RIP Andrew Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back