Rap rock genre

Raven

Nevermore..
Anyone here a fan of "rap rock" its basically rap lyrics and beat to rock music. Examples are limp bizkit and hollywood undead. Thats the only 2 I know of. Any fans of this genre please tell me some good songs or some good bands to look up

Rage Against The Machine are probably one you should check out man, Zac De La Rocha's lyrics are all rap, but with Tom Morello's riffs making the tracks rock.

Songs you should hear are:

Killing In The Name Of
Renegades Of Funk
Testify
Bombtrack
Guerilla Radio
Bullet In The Head

That will be a good start for you.

Also, Korn rap a bit in their songs, Cypress Hill have done rap/rock stuff, another 2 u may wanna check out

Slipknot did on a couple songs on their first album, but Rage Against the Machine is miles better than them. Limp Bizkit and Hollywood Undead aren't the examples I would use, I think they're both garbage. I would go with Rage, and listen to whatever by them, because they're the best rap/rock band that there was. But really the genre is pretty much dead, you won't find much.

Usually, I like to keep the genre's separate, truthfully. I love rock and especially rap, though. Matter of fact, I'm into Rage Against The Machine. So, truthfully, what the fuck do I know?

Twizted is another group that goes with this sub-genre. Not really into them, but they're one of the bigger acts that's still around. Also, Tech N9ne has some rockish songs, as well, such as "Riot Maker."

Crazy town
[youtube]7WlstnPwZ9g[/youtube]
[youtube]BTB8SOSkqg[/youtube]
[youtube]GnVEbyjCot4[/youtube]

POD
[youtube]YWl9tjO7KtA[/youtube]
[youtube]lYHA_7vxrgc[/youtube]

Linkin Park
[youtube]YP2OKqTc04o[/youtube]
[youtube]vjVkXlxsO8Q[/youtube]

Papa Roach
[youtube]Pn7P1SwQmes[/youtube]
[youtube]3gRT6cDbfU8&feature=related[/youtube]

Twiztid
[youtube]PBEgVZ1wT1E[/youtube]
[youtube]WZlSPyb3Up4[/youtube]

Since Rage is already postes,these are all great examples of what you may be looking for. I was, and still am a fan of Nu metal, not so much the rap element of it, but the late 90s sound, Im 27, and I miss that stuff, I wont lie. Some tracks you may like I attatched after the names.

Early Kid Rock (back when he was good) had alot of rap rock feel. If you go back to Linkin Park's first album there is quite a bit of rap in there.

Most of all Rage Against the Machine will always be the best rap rock group.
A great pick up is their cover album "Rage" as is any R.A.T.M album for that madder.

Eminem mixes some rock into his songs sometimes such as "Won't Back Down" Good song.

Hollywood Undead isn't really rap-rock more like Rapcore as they have more metal then rock. But they will never write a better song then "Undead" ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back