Random BFG Stats and Facts

IHW

WZCW's Brent Blaze
Here are some random BFG Stats I have collected. I used mainly Wikipedia. I couldn't find a site that had stats for stuff like this already done. So, I threw some things I noticed from BFG's history together. Maybe this will stir up some discussion. Probably not. At least it will be interesting for some of you.

Christopher Daniels Has never won a match at Bound For Glory.

BFG 2005- AJ Styles (c) def. Christopher Daniels in an Iron Man Match for the X-Divison Title
BFG 2006- L.A.X. def. AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels (c) in a 6 Sides of Steel match for the NWA Tag Titles
BFG 2007- Lethal (c) def. Daniels in a Singles for the X Title
BFG 2008- No Match
BFG 2009- Amazing Red beat Daniels and 4 others for the X Title in an Ultimate X Match
BFG 2010- No Match
BFG 2011- AJ Styles def. Daniels in an I Quit Match

There has been a Special Ref/Enforcer at every BFG.

BFG 2005- Jeff Jarrett (c) versus Rhino for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship with Tito Ortiz as Special Guest Referee
BFG 2006- Samoa Joe defeated Brother Runt, Raven, and Abyss (with James Mitchell) in a Monster's Ball match with Jake Roberts as Special Guest Referee
BFG 2007-Samoa Joe defeated Christian Cage with Matt Morgan as Special Enforcer
BFG 2008-Beer Money, Inc. (c) defeated Abyss and Matt Morgan, Team 3D, and L.A.X in a Four Way Tag team Monster's Ball match for the TNA World Tag Team Championship with Steve McMichael as Special Guest Referee
BFG 2009-Abyss defeated Mick Foley in a Monsters Ball match with Dr. Stevie as Special Guest Referee
BFG 2010-Tara defeated Angelina Love (c), Velvet Sky, and Madison Rayne in a Four Corners match for the TNA Women's Knockout Championship with Mickie James as Special Guest Referee
BFG 2011- Velvet Sky defeated Winter (c), Mickie James and Madison Rayne in a Four Way match for the TNA Women's Knockout Championship with Karen Jarrett as Special Guest Referee
BFG 2012 will feature James Storm vs. Bobby Roode with King Mo as the special enforcer.

The inaugural Bound For Glory is the only BFG ever held in the Impact Zone.

BFG 2005- October 23, 2005 Orlando, Florida- TNA Impact! Zone
BFG 2006- October 22, 2006 Plymouth Township, Michigan- Compuware Sports Arena
BFG 2007- October 14, 2007 Duluth, Georgia- Gwinnett Center
BFG 2008- October 12, 2008 Hoffman Estates, Illinois- Sears Centre
BFG 2009- October 18, 2009 Irvine, California- Bren Events Center
BFG 2010- October 10, 2010 Daytona Beach, Florida- Ocean Center
BFG 2011- October 16, 2011 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania- Liacouras Center
BFG 2012- October 14, 2012 Phoenix, Arizona- Grand Canyon University Arena

Sting was in four straight Bound For Glory Main Events. He has never walked into BFG as the champion, but on three straight occasions, he walked out as champ.

BFG 2006- Sting def. Jeff Jarrett (c) in a Title vs. Career match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
BFG 2007- Sting def. Kurt Angle (c) for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
BFG 2008- Sting def. Samoa Joe (c) for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
BFG 2009- A.J. Styles (c) def. Sting for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

For the first 6 straight Bound For Glory's, there was a Monster's Ball Match. As you may expect, Abyss was in every one of the.

BFG 2005- Rhino defeated Abyss (with James Mitchell), Sabu, and Jeff Hardy in a Monster's Ball match
BFG 2006- Samoa Joe defeated Brother Runt, Raven, and Abyss (with James Mitchell) in a Monster's Ball match
BFG 2007- Abyss defeated Raven, Rhino, and Black Reign in a Monster's Ball match
BFG 2008- Beer Money, Inc. (c) defeated Abyss and Matt Morgan, Team 3D, and L.A.X in a Four Way Tag team Monster's Ball match for the TNA World Tag Team Championship
BFG 2009- Abyss defeated Mick Foley in a Monster's Ball match
BFG 2010- Rob Van Dam defeated Abyss in a Monster's Ball match

Superstars who have wrestled at every BFG include AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, and Samoa Joe.

Chris Sabin, Abyss, Eric Young and James Storm have all competed at the first 6 BFG’s, but missed last years.

Neither James Storm nor Jeff Hardy has ever competed in a singles match at BFG.

Team 3D competed as a tag team at BFG from 2006 through 2009. They won 2 of their 4 matches.

The match that ended every BFG to date was for the World Title. Will this be the same for Aries vs. Hardy at BFG 2012?

The biggest match ever at BFG contained 16 men. It was at Bound For Glory 2007 and was won by none other than… Eric Young.

Crimson, The Pope, Magnus, and RVD are the four people on the current roster that are undefeated at BFG, although, their records are not too impressive.

The shortest match ever held at BFG was between Taylor Wilde and Sarita vs. The Beautiful People. It lasted 2 minutes and 58 seconds.

The longest match ever held at BFG was in 2005. It was AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels in a 30 minute Iron Man match. The second longest match went 25 minutes and 28 seconds. It was a lethal lockdown match in 2010 between EV2.0 and Fortune. Angle and Jarrett went for just over 20 minutes in 2008.

TNA Founder, Jeff Jarrett, has only competed at 4 of the existing 7 BFG’s.

At the first ever BFG, Rhino won 3 matches; one in a four-way Monster’s Ball match, one 10-man gauntlet, and a match against Double J for the NWA World Title.

The shortest Bound For Glory main event was Jeff Jarrett vs. Rhino going for only 5 minutes and 40 seconds. The longest was 18 minutes and 37 seconds. This match was Jeff Hardy vs. Ken Anderson vs. Kurt Angle.

Current Superstar Records

A.J. Styles- 4-4
Abyss- 2-4
*Austin Aries- 2-1
*Bobby Roode- 3-4
Bully Ray- 2-3
Chavo Guerrero, Jr.- 0-0
*Chris Sabin- 4-4
Christopher Daniels- 0-5
Crimson- 1-0
D'Angelo Dinero- 1-0
Douglas Williams- 1-1
*Eric Young- 5-2
Garett Bischoff- 0-0
Gunner- 0-0
Hernandez- 2-2
Hulk Hogan- 0-1
James Storm- 2-4
Jeff Hardy- 1-1
Jesse Sorensen- 0-0
Kazarian- 0-2
Kenny King- 0-0
Kid Kash- 0-0
King Mo- 0-0
Kurt Angle- 2-3
Magnus- 1-0
Matt Morgan- 0-3
Mr. Anderson- 1-1
Robbie E- 0-0
Robbie T- 0-0
Rob Van Dam- 2-0
Samoa Joe- 3-5
*Sonjay Dutt- 1-2
Sting- 5-1
Zema Ion- 0-0

*Includes dark or pre-show matches

What does Bound For Glory 2012 have in store?

All of these are just random facts I through together. I may have a mistake or two in here somewhere. If you find one or want to add to this something you have noticed from BFG’s history, feel free to do so.

I find the Daniels and special referee stat to be the most interesting. You can say Daniels is "The Big Show" when it comes to Bound For Glory. I don't see him and Kaz retaining the titles though and I'm surprised his record never comes up but who knows for next year. Maybe it will.

I find the Daniels and special referee stat to be the most interesting. You can say Daniels is "The Big Show" when it comes to Bound For Glory. I don't see him and Kaz retaining the titles though and I'm surprised his record never comes up but who knows for next year. Maybe it will.

Those are two I found more interesting. I got lazy near the end. At first I was backing them all up with dates and matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back