Quarter Finals: Samus vs. Iron Man

Who wins?

• Samus Aran

• Iron Man

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it you mean 'THICK'? Stark has multiple suits in his body structure, he can use as many of them as he wishes - check with the mods if you don't believe me, he isn't pre-empting they're there 24/7.

And where is he storing these suits? Sure they're in his bones, but they aren't hollow, and the body isn't going to respond kindly to foreign objects being stored within it. In short, Iron Man is an idiot for ever putting his shits in his bones.

So your picking a severely weakened Iron Man to ensure your girl wins then? This is a fair fight competition, I haven't went hunting for Samus' weakest incarnation.

Stark's already weakened by virtue of screwing with his bones to store armour.

Just trying to be civil. So you deliberately ignored the fact that Stark was severely debilitated against Osborne to make your case stronger then?

He has the suits in his bones, right? So he could have started the fight using one of his later models.

No actually, I have conceded that Samus could win (something you haven't done for Iron Man). I have just stated my opinion that I believe Stark's intelligence will see him through and debated your post because you picked him at his weakest mental ebb ever and in one of his most primitive suits. If you want to check, I voted Samus over the Punisher in the last round and I much prefer Frank Castle to Tony Stark.

Because he wouldn't win. Samus has him outgunned and at the end of the day brains takes a distant second place to superior firepower. What can Stark do to counter this.

Samus_Gunship_HD.jpg

The missiles on that ship can destroy one of the toughest materials in the universe and Samus can control it while in battle. Ironman's armour isn't going to stand up well to ship missiles.

And where is he storing these suits? Sure they're in his bones, but they aren't hollow, and the body isn't going to respond kindly to foreign objects being stored within it. In short, Iron Man is an idiot for ever putting his shits in his bones.

Stark's already weakened by virtue of screwing with his bones to store armour.

"The most recent models of Stark's armor, beginning with the Extremis Armor, are now stored in the hollow portions of Stark's bones, and the personal area networking implement used to control it is implanted in his forearm, and connected directly to his central nervous system, making Stark essentially a cyborg."

He has the suits in his bones, right? So he could have started the fight using one of his later models.

Process put in after this event, so no access.

Because he wouldn't win. Samus has him outgunned and at the end of the day brains takes a distant second place to superior firepower. What can Stark do to counter this.

Samus_Gunship_HD.jpg

The missiles on that ship can destroy one of the toughest materials in the universe and Samus can control it while in battle. Ironman's armour isn't going to stand up well to ship missiles.

Not allowed, using her spaceship as a weapon would count as backup.

Take it you mean 'THICK'? Stark has multiple suits in his body structure, he can use as many of them as he wishes - check with the mods if you don't believe me, he isn't pre-empting they're there 24/7.

The way I understand it, Iron Man's suits are more like Mega Man's suits or even Samus' in that he can cycle between them, but not use them as a backup. Since the suit is in his bones, wouldn't damaging him enough so that he'd have to switch suits actually damage his bones so much that he would be ruled unable to fight?

While Samus' suit bonds to her physically and mentally she still has a backup plan if her suit gets too damaged to work. Since Stark's suit IS Stark, I fail to see how he can just whip out another suit if the first gets damaged since the suit is him now.

The way I understand it, Iron Man's suits are more like Mega Man's suits or even Samus' in that he can cycle between them, but not use them as a backup. Since the suit is in his bones, wouldn't damaging him enough so that he'd have to switch suits actually damage his bones so much that he would be ruled unable to fight?

While Samus' suit bonds to her physically and mentally she still has a backup plan if her suit gets too damaged to work. Since Stark's suit IS Stark, I fail to see how he can just whip out another suit if the first gets damaged since the suit is him now.

To change suits, he would have to leave himself vulnerable briefly but that shouldn't even become an issue. Both Stark himself and his most recent armour possess regenerative prowess to leave both almost invulnerable. It is however an advantage that he holds, should he choose too.

As to Samus' suit, Tony possesses an EMP generator that can shut down all electronic devices within a 50 yard radius. Shut down is incapacitation.

"The most recent models of Stark's armor, beginning with the Extremis Armor, are now stored in the hollow portions of Stark's bones, and the personal area networking implement used to control it is implanted in his forearm, and connected directly to his central nervous system, making Stark essentially a cyborg."

One problem there. Those writers just failed biology forever. Bones aren't fixed structures. They're constantly being built and rebuilt. There's no fixed hollow places for Stark to store one suit, let alone an arsenal of them. Stark dies withdrawing a suit and Samus walks on effortlessly.

Not allowed, using her spaceship as a weapon would count as backup.

Our esteemed mod disagrees
It's controlled remotely by Samus. That makes it a weapon. And remember when you used the argument of Stark's remote controlled robot army?

To change suits, he would have to leave himself vulnerable briefly but that shouldn't even become an issue. Both Stark himself and his most recent armour possess regenerative prowess to leave both almost invulnerable. It is however an advantage that he holds, should he choose too.

Samus uses Hyper Mode to deliver an asskicking to Ironman that his healing factor can't keep up with. She can do this as many times as she's got energy tanks. Sucks to be Stark. Or there's aforementioned ship missiles which are pretty much an instakill to anything in the area not called Samus Aran.

As to Samus' suit, Tony possesses an EMP generator that can shut down all electronic devices within a 50 yard radius. Shut down is incapacitation.

An EMP? That's all you've got? Nothing Samus hasn't faced before. She's troubled by that for all of three seconds and is then perfectly fine. Meanwhile, because Ironman himself is full of unshielded elecrical material, he disables his own armour and leaves his ass free to be kicked. Whoops.

One problem there. Those writers just failed biology forever. Bones aren't fixed structures. They're constantly being built and rebuilt. There's no fixed hollow places for Stark to store one suit, let alone an arsenal of them. Stark dies withdrawing a suit and Samus walks on effortlessly.

You're seriously bringing in reality for a superhero? You realise that no superhero exists in reality? How does a humanoid turn into a ball inside an armoured suit? Your premise hasn't happened to Iron Man in comics so it will not happen here.

Our esteemed mod disagrees[/U]
It's controlled remotely by Samus. That makes it a weapon. And remember when you used the argument of Stark's remote controlled robot army?

Not remote controlled, they were under his mental control and part of his psyché and he had full access to every aspect as if he was in each suit. From Metroid's own website she has NO mental control, so how is this not a backup? Even if she does have full mental control (and I cannot find any evidence to support this), then she is splitting her mental ability between two entities and, again there is nothing to suggest that she can do this to any great degree.

From Metroids own wiki:
"Samus' gunship (in any of its various incarnations) is primarily used for rapid transport and as a base camp for Samus' ground-based missions."

"The ship has been shown to be remotely controlled with Samus’s Arm Cannon"

"Samus can be seen using a ball pad to control the gunship during a cutscene."

"The ship has a much more active role in gameplay than in the previous games of the series. Samus is able to control her ship via the Command Visor. Samus can lock onto targets for the gunship to land on, to shoot Ship Missiles at, or to pick up and drop with the Ship Grapple."

Samus uses Hyper Mode to deliver an asskicking to Ironman that his healing factor can't keep up with. She can do this as many times as she's got energy tanks. Sucks to be Stark. Or there's aforementioned ship missiles which are pretty much an instakill to anything in the area not called Samus Aran.

First off, as Samus can lose remote control over her ship whilst in Hyper Mode that would indicate it is a back up (in my example, Stark only loses control when he is incapacitated or the suits are destroyed). Secondly, this attack is as dangerous to her as it would be him and she can only use it for a short period. Thirdly, Iron Man has prestigious defences and actually absorbs energy attacks and as Samus sacrifices energy to power these attacks I'd say they definitely fall in that category.

An EMP? That's all you've got? Nothing Samus hasn't faced before. She's troubled by that for all of three seconds and is then perfectly fine. Meanwhile, because Ironman himself is full of unshielded elecrical material, he disables his own armour and leaves his ass free to be kicked. Whoops.

The EMP does not affect him, only his opponents, and I trust you have evidence of someone shutting her suit down and it only affecting her for three seconds?

So even you say, if he has to change his suit he leaves himself Vulnerable? So whats the say that Samus dosen't take that moment of Vulnerability and run train on him. I understand that you say his armor has regenerative powers. But even the most well oiled machines break down. The suit that I'm guessing you are talking about is the one that Justin posted a picture of Stark allmost dead in... Right?

Samus in screw attack is invunerable, so whatever shield he has and whatever damage that would do to her. If if it causes damage would be delt with, would his shield still be up during that moment of Vulnerability? I don't think so Fit, Stark may be smart. But in changing he has to let somthing down, I don't think he can keep his shield up without a suit on. And he wouldn't have a suit on if he had to change it right?

You're seriously bringing in reality for a superhero? You realise that no superhero exists in reality? How does a humanoid turn into a ball inside an armoured suit? Your premise hasn't happened to Iron Man in comics so it will not happen here.

The ball's a meter in diameter so it's not exactly a squeeze. I assume that the armour that makes up her suit is used to make the ball. Hence the name.

Not remote controlled, they were under his mental control and part of his psyché and he had full access to every aspect as if he was in each suit. From Metroid's own website she has NO mental control, so how is this not a backup?

Because it's a remote controlled aircraft. Doc says it's Kosher, accept it and move on.

Even if she does have full mental control (and I cannot find any evidence to support this), then she is splitting her mental ability between two entities and, again there is nothing to suggest that she can do this to any great degree.

Except that it's not mental control.

First off, as Samus can lose remote control over her ship whilst in Hyper Mode that would indicate it is a back up (in my example, Stark only loses control when he is incapacitated or the suits are destroyed).

Good point. Sadly she wouldn't exactly need to use both at the same time. They both wreck Ironman's shit.

Secondly, this attack is as dangerous to her as it would be him and she can only use it for a short period. Thirdly, Iron Man has prestigious defences and actually absorbs energy attacks and as Samus sacrifices energy to power these attacks I'd say they definitely fall in that category.

Tell me, has Ironman ever dealt with Phazon? It has a tendancy to fuck with absolutely everything. Technological or organic. If Ironman tries to absorb the highly mutagenic and radioactive substance, he just kills himself faster.

The EMP does not affect him, only his opponents, and I trust you have evidence of someone shutting her suit down and it only affecting her for three seconds?

Space pirates used EMP devices too. Makes her visor fill with static for a brief period of time. Not exactly a massive drawback.

So even you say, if he has to change his suit he leaves himself Vulnerable? So whats the say that Samus dosen't take that moment of Vulnerability and run train on him. I understand that you say his armor has regenerative powers. But even the most well oiled machines break down. The suit that I'm guessing you are talking about is the one that Justin posted a picture of Stark allmost dead in... Right?

First off, it's nice to see a measured response after the sudden appearance of irritating spam throughout the tournament. The moment of vulnerability is very much a what if, something similar to "What if Samus' power suit gets damaged beyond repair?" - "She resorts to her zero suit". Like you probably don't envisage her to have to resort to this, I don't think Tony would either but, as I'm sure you would yourself, I have to point out that he has that option.

Just on the topic of the zero suit and well oiled machines breaking down (and thus far the only time this has happened to Tony is when an alternative universe Scarlet Witch used her hex powers to cut the power for a couple of seconds)... from Metroid's wiki;)

"When my Power Suit is deactivated, my Zero Suit is the outfit of choice. In the rare moments when my equipment malfunctions, this is all I have to rely on - fortunately, the streamlined design enables acrobatic movement and the Paralyzer is all that I need to get me out of tight spot."
—Samus Aran

As to the suit in Justin's picture, I believe this might be the Extremis armour but the only person who could really answer that question is the artist because; firstly, many of the suits look similar, and; secondly,this is actually a fraud picture. Here is the actual armour that he was wearing when defeated by Osborn. I'm sure you'll agree, it wouldn't make as punchy a cover image.
248481063a12943170407l.jpg

As to the Iron Man I'm referencing, it's the Bleeding Edge suit:
250px-Bleeding_edge.jpg

Samus in screw attack is invunerable, so whatever shield he has and whatever damage that would do to her. If if it causes damage would be delt with, would his shield still be up during that moment of Vulnerability? I don't think so Fit, Stark may be smart. But in changing he has to let somthing down, I don't think he can keep his shield up without a suit on. And he wouldn't have a suit on if he had to change it right?

This seems to vary depending on which Samus is being used, and the variations in computer character versions is MASSIVE. However, in all versions, it appears to be an attack that can be easily avoided as she can only deviate slightly from her original direction. The Bleeding Edge suit has 360 vision, for a character like Iron Man this should be easily avoided. Like I've previously stated, the only time he has lost access to the regenerative prowess of the suit was due to a hex, an ability Samus doesn't have.

My argument all along is that Stark's intelligence will see him through and, from the info out there, this is a massive advantage:

"Samus' Power Suit requires immense levels of concentration and mental determination to operate efficiently. At times of great physical or emotional stress, Samus is unable to maintain her Power Suit."

"The neurokinetic user-controlled morphologic nanoparticle bundles that form the suit reside in Stark's body, and form a fibrous wetweb of iron and platinum, that be commanded to form any type of structure upon Stark's skin, such as large boxing gloves, or weapons, including large guns extending from his arms or a light saber-like energy sword with which Iron Man was actually able to harm one of the Worthy during the 2011 "Fear Itself" storyline. The nano-machines can even mimic the appearance of clothes, and then dissociate to transform into the Iron Man armor whenever Stark wishes."

Or to put it simply, Samus is constantly battling to control the power suit whilst Tony Stark and Iron Man are literally the same being.

(At this rate, I'll know more about Miss Aran than the Marvel Universe - I wonder if I emailed Marvel would they give her a comic?
10.kim-basinger.jpg
How could you go wrong with a character originally based on Kim Basinger?:p)

First off, it's nice to see a measured response after the sudden appearance of irritating spam throughout the tournament. The moment of vulnerability is very much a what if, something similar to "What if Samus' power suit gets damaged beyond repair?" - "She resorts to her zero suit". Like you probably don't envisage her to have to resort to this, I don't think Tony would either but, as I'm sure you would yourself, I have to point out that he has that option.

The suit's rediculously tough though, so that's not exactly likely to happen.

This seems to vary depending on which Samus is being used, and the variations in computer character versions is MASSIVE. However, in all versions, it appears to be an attack that can be easily avoided as she can only deviate slightly from her original direction. The Bleeding Edge suit has 360 vision, for a character like Iron Man this should be easily avoided. Like I've previously stated, the only time he has lost access to the regenerative prowess of the suit was due to a hex, an ability Samus doesn't have.

She does however have the ability to suck energy out of opponents and use it to heal herself. If she gets a shot at Stark's Arc generator (or whatever bullshit power source he's using these days) she can suck it dry, overload it or just rip it out the old fashioned way. She can also do that in hyper mode, if you were wondering.

Also, ice missiles/beams would kind of screw that shield because cold is an ABSENCE of energy. The shield isn't going to do jack to them and at best (for Stark) they just slow him down a bit. At worst it leaves him open for a final blow.

"Samus' Power Suit requires immense levels of concentration and mental determination to operate efficiently. At times of great physical or emotional stress, Samus is unable to maintain her Power Suit."

"The neurokinetic user-controlled morphologic nanoparticle bundles that form the suit reside in Stark's body, and form a fibrous wetweb of iron and platinum, that be commanded to form any type of structure upon Stark's skin, such as large boxing gloves, or weapons, including large guns extending from his arms or a light saber-like energy sword with which Iron Man was actually able to harm one of the Worthy during the 2011 "Fear Itself" storyline. The nano-machines can even mimic the appearance of clothes, and then dissociate to transform into the Iron Man armor whenever Stark wishes."

Or to put it simply, Samus is constantly battling to control the power suit whilst Tony Stark and Iron Man are literally the same being.

Yeah, Samus' control is second to none thanks to her Chozo training. The only time she's ever lost control of her suit was one time when fighting a giant space dragon who murdered her parents in front of her when she was three. Samus was able to maintain control of her suit while killing three comrades/friends and blowing up entire planets. It's not going anywhere.

The ball's a meter in diameter so it's not exactly a squeeze. I assume that the armour that makes up her suit is used to make the ball. Hence the name.

This was just an example of how reality cannot be used as an argument against superheroes, we just have to accept it on faith and was a rebuttal on "biology says that you can't store suits in your bones". Samus is believed to turn into energy to be in the ball as she has doesn't splatter when the ball is blown apart, something with no precedence in biology.

Because it's a remote controlled aircraft. Doc says it's Kosher, accept it and move on.

Except that it's not mental control.

Okay... so it's the Samus from MetroidPrime 3: Corruption we're using then.

Good point. Sadly she wouldn't exactly need to use both at the same time. They both wreck Ironman's shit.

Actually, the ship looks like it would be incredibly ineffective against a small single mobile foe like Iron Man. It appears to be there to be used against a static opponent or an army.

Tell me, has Ironman ever dealt with Phazon? It has a tendancy to fuck with absolutely everything. Technological or organic. If Ironman tries to absorb the highly mutagenic and radioactive substance, he just kills himself faster.

Stark has the Space Infinity Gem that allows him to exist anywhere in any location, Phazon's radioactivity should not effect.

Space pirates used EMP devices too. Makes her visor fill with static for a brief period of time. Not exactly a massive drawback.

Neither Metroid based wiki sites list this amongst their capabilities which doesn't fill me with much faith in their devices. As such, I'd give Tony's a good chance.

The suit's rediculously tough though, so that's not exactly likely to happen.

As is Iron Man's AND it has highly developed regenerative powers.

She does however have the ability to suck energy out of opponents and use it to heal herself. If she gets a shot at Stark's Arc generator (or whatever bullshit power source he's using these days) she can suck it dry, overload it or just rip it out the old fashioned way. She can also do that in hyper mode, if you were wondering.

Why is it bullshit?

According to the attached link, she doesn't have the ability to absorb Iron Man's energy and this is the only reference to energy syphoning ability in regards to any suit I can find.
http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Energy_Transfer_Module
As for overloading it or ripping it out; there is no precedence to this happening outside of the magical hex powers of an entity powerful enough to change the very body structures of the majority of Earth's mutants. I've addressed how he would counter hyper mode in an earlier post - he's a bad guy to use energy attacks against.

Also, ice missiles/beams would kind of screw that shield because cold is an ABSENCE of energy. The shield isn't going to do jack to them and at best (for Stark) they just slow him down a bit. At worst it leaves him open for a final blow.

Ice missiles can be defended just like any other missiles and she doesn't have Ice Beam in the Metroid version you have chosen.

Yeah, Samus' control is second to none thanks to her Chozo training. The only time she's ever lost control of her suit was one time when fighting a giant space dragon who murdered her parents in front of her when she was three. Samus was able to maintain control of her suit while killing three comrades/friends and blowing up entire planets. It's not going anywhere.

And on top of the constant concentration, she is also battling the effects of Phazon corruption and trying to use the cleaver of her space ships attacks to perform a scalpel attack on Iron Man? Chozo training just doesn't compare to a guy who was already a genius and has had this greatly augmented in recent times.

Tony Stark specialises in analysing people, finding their weaknesses and taking them down. In particular, this version of Samus has a massive Achilles heel with the Phazon as great a foe as a friend.

Stark has the Space Infinity Gem that allows him to exist anywhere in any location, Phazon's radioactivity should not effect.

Ahem. If I may quote Wikipedia:
Due to his membership in the Illuminati, Iron Man was given the Space Infinity Gem to safeguard. It allows the user to exist in any location (or all locations), move any object anywhere throughout the universe and warp or rearrange space. Iron Man has not used it on any occasion, even after the Secret Invasion and his fugitive status.

Iron Man has been given the gem, but he has never used it in any continuity. We're going into hypotheticals now - "Well, it's been said that he might have this power which he could use, maybe...". For the purposes of this match, I have to say that since Stark has never been shown to use the Infinity Gem even in situations where it would make perfect sense to, he shouldn't be able to use it in this fight.

Furthermore, and this applies to every game character in the fight and pretty much any character in the tourney, the Samus in this round is an amalgamation. It's good old Super Smash Bros. Samus, but with powers she's gained in every game, and Iron Man is standard Iron Man, with the powers he's been known to have and use in recent comics - the suit in his bones, energy-draining gauntlets, etc. plus classic weapons he's been known to have and use.

Again, imagine this as a fighting game and imagine their fighting game incarnations with extra powers they've been known to have and use and the whole thing gets so much more simple.

As for the battle, Samus has a Gravity Suit that she could use during the fight (She cycles through her suits, similar to Mega Man):
Gravity_Suit_Trophy_with_text.jpg

Having 75% less damage and blocking heat and friction based attacks are sure to help her in this match defensively. This combined with her black hole beam would be enough to hold Stark in place as she fires away, with his suit slowly deteriorating due to gravitational pull.

Samus FTW. And that's coming from a guy who is a HUGE Iron Man fan. Samus has defeated so many Alien enemies, and has so much at her disposal. And for those saying about Stark's intellect, Samus' suit has a scanner to detect weaknesses of opponents. Her suit is of alien origin too, with very sophisticated weaponry. If Samus candrop a Powerbomb, and use her grapple beam to hold onto Stark, he's in trouble.

This was just an example of how reality cannot be used as an argument against superheroes, we just have to accept it on faith and was a rebuttal on "biology says that you can't store suits in your bones". Samus is believed to turn into energy to be in the ball as she has doesn't splatter when the ball is blown apart, something with no precedence in biology.

Eh, I prefer my theory. Does explain why it's called a morph ball, after all.

Okay... so it's the Samus from MetroidPrime 3: Corruption we're using then.

It's the one I'm using. Seeing as I know feck all about any of the other games. Doc's made it clear that Samus does have access to powerups from other games though.

Actually, the ship looks like it would be incredibly ineffective against a small single mobile foe like Iron Man. It appears to be there to be used against a static opponent or an army.

One word: Shockwaves. The shockwave from an explosion the size produced from a bombing run would severely fuck up Ironman's shit if he's in the air. These are explosions large enough to flat out annihilate one of the toughest materials in the universe. If Stark avoids the missiles by dodging, he's going to lose control, which gives Samus all the opertunity she needs to end him.

Stark has the Space Infinity Gem

The what?

that allows him to exist anywhere in any location, Phazon's radioactivity should not effect.

Looking at the Marvel universe wiki (and the wikia), you're talking out your arse on this one. Teleportation, sure. Protection from the universe, nope. Phazon wrecks his armour if he absorbs it, and wrecks him in general.

Neither Metroid based wiki sites list this amongst their capabilities which doesn't fill me with much faith in their devices. As such, I'd give Tony's a good chance.

I'll put this simply. There are no differences between EMPs. Stark's might be bigger, but the effects are the same.

As is Iron Man's AND it has highly developed regenerative powers.

As has Samus'. Not as advanced, but it can stand up to swimming in lava, acid and nuclear reactors ok.

According to the attached link, she doesn't have the ability to absorb Iron Man's energy and this is the only reference to energy syphoning ability in regards to any suit I can find.
http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Energy_Transfer_Module

Singe you've found a Metroid wiki: Look up "Grapple Voltage" and "Hyper Grapple" the former allows for Samus to absorb or inject energy from enemies she can grapple on to. The former allows Samus to do the same with Phazon.

As for overloading it or ripping it out; there is no precedence to this happening outside of the magical hex powers of an entity powerful enough to change the very body structures of the majority of Earth's mutants.

Clarke's third law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Samus has very advanced and powerful technology...

I've addressed how he would counter hyper mode in an earlier post - he's a bad guy to use energy attacks against.

The sort of energy that his suit isn't designed to protect against and is released in vast quantities? Terrible idea.

Ice missiles can be defended just like any other missiles and she doesn't have Ice Beam in the Metroid version you have chosen.

Defended against how? They home in on a target and if they hit (and eventually they will) Samus gets handed an advantage. The explosion won't do jack to him. But his absorbtion shield offers no protection from the ice, which might itself do no damage but it would restrict movement which gives Samus all the opening she needs to finish Stark. Additionally, she can fire up to five missiles at a time. If Stark takes his eye off the missiles for an instant he's in for a world of hurt.

And on top of the constant concentration, she is also battling the effects of Phazon corruption and trying to use the cleaver of her space ships attacks to perform a scalpel attack on Iron Man?

She was raised from the age of three by a race of super intelligent aliens. The concentration maintainence is negligable most of the time. Hell she can go through hell and not lose focus.

As of fighting the corruption: she was able to maintain control even when she was 75% corrupted: which didn't happen until she'd been producing the stuff for over a month. Since Samus is restored to perfect health at the start of each round, the corruption is a non issue.

Chozo training just doesn't compare to a guy who was already a genius and has had this greatly augmented in recent times.

Albert Einstein is fighting Mike Tyson. Who wins? Stark might be smarter, but he's significantly outpowered by the girl with Chozo DNA.

Tony Stark specialises in analysing people, finding their weaknesses and taking them down.

So he's an expert at doing exactly what Samus does for a job (which she does better than anybody else in in her galaxy)?

Great advantage he's got. In particular, this version of Samus has a massive Achilles heel with the Phazon as great a foe as a friend.

An Achilles heel Stark can't strike as phazon's pretty much only vulnerable to phazon. If Samus is in hyper mode, Stark isn't going to be able to hurt her. at all.

A lot of people have tried to mislead you in this debate with how powerful Samus's bevy of attacks are.

If Samus could throw all these attacks at Iron Man, he'd be in trouble... a whole heap of it.

Fortunately for Tony Stark, Samus isn't going to be able to get so much of a plasma shot off at everybody's favorite man in robot armor, because mere seconds into the fight, Tony's advanced hacking system will disable Samus's suit. He's got a computer in his suit that can hack into any computer in the Universe, whether it be earthly, Skrull, Kree, Shi'ar, or Metroid.

After Samus is stuck in a lifeless metal shell, she'll be easy pickings for Tony Stark.

In the past few months we've seen computers and the internet take down governments. Tony Stark will use it to take down Samus.

A lot of people have tried to mislead you in this debate with how powerful Samus's bevy of attacks are.

If Samus could throw all these attacks at Iron Man, he'd be in trouble... a whole heap of it.

Glad you acknowledge that.

Fortunately for Tony Stark, Samus isn't going to be able to get so much of a plasma shot off at everybody's favorite man in robot armor, because mere seconds into the fight, Tony's advanced hacking system will disable Samus's suit. He's got a computer in his suit that can hack into any computer in the Universe, whether it be earthly, Skrull, Kree, Shi'ar, or Metroid.

...Samus' suit wasn't made by Metroids. Also, Samus' suit is capable of hacking powersuits... like the one that both competitors are wearing. Additionally, the powersuit is partially integrated into her own body, which only makes things tougher for Stark to hack, even if she couldn't hack him at the same time.

After Samus is stuck in a lifeless metal shell, she'll be easy pickings for Tony Stark.

Which she wouldn't be, so this argument doesn't really work. Try again.

Glad you acknowledge that.

Art of War, Sun Tzu... a book that Tony Stark has read that Samus has never even heard of. Acknowledging his enemy's strengths will certainly help Tony win this one. Just another advantage for Iron Man.

...Samus' suit wasn't made by Metroids.

My point was that he's dealt with aliens before.

Also, Samus' suit is capable of hacking powersuits... like the one that both competitors are wearing. Additionally, the powersuit is partially integrated into her own body, which only makes things tougher for Stark to hack, even if she couldn't hack him at the same time.

I'd actually argue the fact that it's integrated would be a detriment to her. The computer that controls her suit's movements stops working... it suddenly gets infinitely harder to do something like lift her arms as it's fused to a heavy metal shell.

And let's be real... Samus's computer doesn't come close to the system the one Tony Stark is rocking. The system in the Iron Man suit could hack into a HYDRA Super Computer, a Skrull Spaceship, control the SHIELD Heli Carrier, and make sure Tony's orange juice and pancakes are ready for after he's done saving the world again... simultaneously.

Okay, I'm not sure if it can quite do all of that, but it could certainly take care of one woman's armor.

Which she wouldn't be, so this argument doesn't really work. Try again.

Um, I think I just proved she would be. Burden of proof is on you buddy.

Also, I'd like to add that Fit's argument regarding the Extremis Armor isn't off base. Iron Man could show up wearing one type of armor, and if Samus DOES somehow manage to disable that one, he can use his Extremis Armor as a more than capable backup. I doubt Samus can even beat Iron Man once... but twice? Forget about it.

In the past few months we've seen computers and the internet take down governments. Tony Stark will use it to take down Samus.

Hmmm.... But what if Samus is wearing this?
Hueg_official_fusion_suit_artwork.jpg

A completely organic suit embedded to her body that has energy absorbing properties that are hers and not the suit itself? That may just through your claim out the window seeing Stark can't just turn off a living organism.

Wait, wait. A little adjustment...

Mfusionguide_r_20.jpg

Walk under lava, invulnerable to ice. Equipped with mini-nuclear Powerbombs, a beam that can freeze and pierce walls and bodies, concussion missiles that freeze at a wide radius, this is the lady responsible for blowing up planet after planet and killing several killer alien species. Stark has issues battling alcohol. Samus' deepest problem appears when dragon-faced Ridley comes back from the dead and her vengeance pointless.

Even if Stark could disable the Power Suit, have you never heard of Zero Suit Samus? The name coming fromt he fact that the suit is disabled? When de-activated, it doesn't stay a hulking shell, you know. It dematerializes until Samus can reactivate it as shown in Metroid Zero Mission and Other M. She walked into a ship crawling with Space Pirates and defeated a thunder shooting giant statue without her suit. I'm sure she can handle Ironman suitless. Not to mention all the planet crippling creatures she's beaten already while Stark has issues with The Hulk and such.

Samus is a Mary Sue version of Iron Man with the exception that there is a beautiful blonde girl instead of a billionaire playboy. Ironman has suffered various defeats while Samus just plows through anything you throw at her. Metroids, Space Pirates, Mother Brain, Phazon, X Parasites, anything. Stark cannot compete. The Repulsor blast doesn't stand a chance against the Screw Attack.

Art of War, Sun Tzu... a book that Tony Stark has read that Samus has never even heard of. Acknowledging his enemy's strengths will certainly help Tony win this one. Just another advantage for Iron Man.

Yes, Tony Stark is obviously aware of the strengths and weaknesses of a bounty hunter from a galaxy he's never heard of using technology completely different from anything he's encountered. I was complimenting you, JGlass. Not Stark.

My point was that he's dealt with aliens before.

Hi, I'm Remix. I'm pedantic.

I'd actually argue the fact that it's integrated would be a detriment to her. The computer that controls her suit's movements stops working... it suddenly gets infinitely harder to do something like lift her arms as it's fused to a heavy metal shell.

Have you ever tried programming or hacking a cat JGlass? The fact that it's biologically integrated makes the system far more complicated and difficult to take control of.

And let's be real... Samus's computer doesn't come close to the system the one Tony Stark is rocking.

Considering that Samus' suit has an assload of other complicated pieces of technology and built by an incredably technologically advanced race I'd consider it a fairly good bet that it does.

The system in the Iron Man suit could hack into a HYDRA Super Computer, a Skrull Spaceship, control the SHIELD Heli Carrier, and make sure Tony's orange juice and pancakes are ready for after he's done saving the world again... simultaneously.

And Samus' can carry out thousands of calculations a second, guide a missile to its target, and maintain a nuclear generator while hacking.

Okay, I'm not sure if it can quite do all of that, but it could certainly take care of one woman's armor.

Fast enough to avoid getting destroyed? Sure Stark's might eventually be able to take control, but it's not going to be an easy thing, even for Stark's ZOMG ULTRAMEGA computer. If Stark's focused on hacking he's not paying as much attention to Samus' many weapons.

Also, I'd like to add that Fit's argument regarding the Extremis Armor isn't off base. Iron Man could show up wearing one type of armor, and if Samus DOES somehow manage to disable that one, he can use his Extremis Armor as a more than capable backup. I doubt Samus can even beat Iron Man once... but twice? Forget about it.

Samus has weapons powerful enough to rip spacetime apart. If Ironman loses once, he's not getting another chance. Extremis or not.

Hmmm.... But what if Samus is wearing this?
Hueg_official_fusion_suit_artwork.jpg

A completely organic suit embedded to her body that has energy absorbing properties that are hers and not the suit itself? That may just through your claim out the window seeing Stark can't just turn off a living organism.

Tony Stark flies high in the air and dive bombs Samus. He slams a rocket powered fist into her face, knocking her out cold, if not killing her.

Walk under lava, invulnerable to ice. Equipped with mini-nuclear Powerbombs, a beam that can freeze and pierce walls and bodies, concussion missiles that freeze at a wide radius, this is the lady responsible for blowing up planet after planet and killing several killer alien species. Stark has issues battling alcohol. Samus' deepest problem appears when dragon-faced Ridley comes back from the dead and her vengeance pointless.

With all due respect... she's never faced Iron Man. Iron Man has dealt with heat and cold, nuclear disasters, and any sort of explosive you can imagine.

Even if Stark could disable the Power Suit, have you never heard of Zero Suit Samus? The name coming fromt he fact that the suit is disabled? When de-activated, it doesn't stay a hulking shell, you know. It dematerializes until Samus can reactivate it as shown in Metroid Zero Mission and Other M. She walked into a ship crawling with Space Pirates and defeated a thunder shooting giant statue without her suit. I'm sure she can handle Ironman suitless. Not to mention all the planet crippling creatures she's beaten already while Stark has issues with The Hulk and such.

I have heard of the Zero Suit... but how does that stop Iron Man from flying into Samus at full speed?

Samus is a Mary Sue version of Iron Man with the exception that there is a beautiful blonde girl instead of a billionaire playboy. Ironman has suffered various defeats while Samus just plows through anything you throw at her. Metroids, Space Pirates, Mother Brain, Phazon, X Parasites, anything. Stark cannot compete. The Repulsor blast doesn't stand a chance against the Screw Attack.

And just like all Mary Sues, she'll wind up losing to the real deal.

Tony Stark flies high in the air and dive bombs Samus. He slams a rocket powered fist into her face, knocking her out cold, if not killing her.
Righto. Because when two powerful people fight and one is diving at another one, they just stand and watch. By the way, are you aware of Samus' reflex system? Almost like Spidey's spidersense, she can sense things approaching without seeing them and responds on pure instict. Dodging suprise attacks with relative ease. See Other M, where the ability is key.

With all due respect... she's never faced Iron Man. Iron Man has dealt with heat and cold, nuclear disasters, and any sort of explosive you can imagine.
How about planet corroding energy? Mass-multiplying parasites that can mimic the people they absorb and reproduce their abilities and intelligence at full capacity? Dragons? Planet wrecking brains?

ULF_55.png

^That thing?^
I have heard of the Zero Suit... but how does that stop Iron Man from flying into Samus at full speed?
Sidestepping. Not that I'm bashing, it's just an honest question. You ever played any Metroid games?

And just like all Mary Sues, she'll wind up losing to the real deal.
To herself?

I think that both people do have rather similar technologies working for them, putting them on equal footing there. If only we could have some other way to determine who would win. Would the fact that Tony Stark is one of the smartest people in the Marvelverse help? I think so. Iron Man wins due to being smarter.

I think that both people do have rather similar technologies working for them, putting them on equal footing there. If only we could have some other way to determine who would win. Would the fact that Tony Stark is one of the smartest people in the Marvelverse help? I think so. Iron Man wins due to being smarter.

Smarter? You just said they are on equal pairing. What's there to be smarter about here? He's facing a total stranger with all sorts of odd weapons. Most of which kill a normal human in one shot. Samus' cannon can go through solid objects. You think Stark will have time to think up a way to counter that? or the nuke powered Power Bombs? How about the disintegrating Screw Attack. Sorry. But I have a totally hard time buying Stark finding a way around any of that stuff if he could even manage to dodge them. His Repulsor blasts can't pierce solid objects and freeze at once. Samus can. Thinking on your feet is great and all, but that won't always produce a winning result. For all we know, Iron Man finds shelter and starts to analyze the situation but Samus just shoots through the wall and kills him on the spot.

Smarter? You just said they are on equal pairing. What's there to be smarter about here? He's facing a total stranger with all sorts of odd weapons. Most of which kill a normal human in one shot. Samus' cannon can go through solid objects. You think Stark will have time to think up a way to counter that?

... YES! Because he's SMARTER, as in: his brain works faster than that of a lesser human being.

Somehow I find it less than surprising that you don't know how the mind of a smart person works.

or the nuke powered Power Bombs? How about the disintegrating Screw Attack.

You Samus backers act like Iron Man doesn't have about a zillion ways to destroy Samus as well.

The weapons systems of the suit have changed over the years, but Iron Man's standard offensive weapons have always been the repulsor rays that are fired from the palms of his gauntlets. Other weapons built into various incarnations of the armor include: the uni-beam projector in its chest; pulse bolts (that pick up on kinetic energy along the way; so the farther they travel, the harder they hit); an electromagnetic pulse generator; and a defensive energy shield that can be extended up to 360 degrees. Other capabilities include: generating ultra-freon (i.e., a freeze-beam); creating and manipulating magnetic fields; emitting sonic blasts; and projecting 3-dimensional holograms (to create decoys).

Or...

The Hulkbuster armor is a heavy-duty exo-frame (an add-on to the Mk. XI Modular Armor (which is just his regular armor) designed for maximum strength amplification at the cost of reduced versatility and mobility. As its name suggests, it was specifically designed for hand-to-hand combat with the rampaging Hulk. The armor was rated with a lift (press) capacity of 175 tons. During its maiden run, the armor enabled Stark to hold his own in sustained physical combat with the Hulk.

Sorry. But I have a totally hard time buying Stark finding a way around any of that stuff if he could even manage to dodge them. His Repulsor blasts can't pierce solid objects and freeze at once. Samus can. Thinking on your feet is great and all, but that won't always produce a winning result. For all we know, Iron Man finds shelter and starts to analyze the situation but Samus just shoots through the wall and kills him on the spot.

Iron Man doesn't need to seek shelter to analyze the situation, he and his super computer-like-mind... as well as his super computer in his armor, can do it while hammering Samus with physical attacks.

There's literally no reason Samus should beat Stark in this one. None at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back