PWI Women's Top 50

FitFinlay4Life

What's the craic?
I have looked around and, somewhat surprisingly, haven't found a discussion on this (if I'm blind, please excuse this oversight). Now, my Indy knowledge is somewhat limited and I have been Googling quite a few of these ladies, so please excuse any inaccuracies. That being said, here is PWI's Top50 women wrestlers for 2011, for the sake of discussion I have listed them by their current or past affiliations in reference to the two mainstream American organisations.

Independents with no experience in WWe or TNA (16):
1. Madison Eagles
2. Mercedes Martinez
19. LuFisto
22. Angel Orsini
33. Nicole Matthews
34. Rachel Summerlyn
35. Jessicka Havok
36. Brittany Force
37. Kellie Skater
38. Tina San Antonio
39. Melanie Cruise
41. Sassy Stephie
42. Tasha Simone
45. Allison Danger
46. Kacee Carlisle
50. Jessica James

TNA Knockouts (9):
3. Mickie James
5. Madison Rayne
8. Tara
12. Angelina Love
14. Sarita
17. Velvet Sky
20. Winter
31. Rosita
32. ODB

WWe Divas (9):
4. Natalya
7. Beth Phoenix
11. Eve Torres
13. Layla
15. Kelly Kelly
21. Brie Bella
28. Maryse
43. Alicia Fox
48. A.J.

Former TNA Knockouts / TNA experience (9):
6. Cheerleader Melissa
9. MsChif
10. Sara Del Rey
18. Ayako Hamada
24. Daizee Haze
25. Nikki Roxx
29. Christina Von Eerie
30. Portia Perez
44. Amber O’Neal

Former WWe Divas / Diva experience (4):
23. Melina
40. Cherry Bomb
47. Brittany Savage
49. Melissa Coates

Former Knockouts & Divas (3):
16. Serena Deeb
26. Gail Kim
27. Jazz

Points of interest:
Missing Knockouts:
Brooke Tessmacher & Jacqueline

Missing Divas:
Nikki Bella, Aksana, Kaitlyn, Rosa Mendes & Tamina

To my knowledge there are no FCW Divas.

The list seems to have an extremely noticeable American bias.

So...

On the list itself -
Is there anything that surprise you? Do you agree with the selections? What would you change? Is there any on the list that you would like to see on a bigger stage / moving between TNA & WWe / rehired?

Generally -
What are your thoughts on womens grappling? Is the WWe and TNA getting it right with their women? Do we prefer looks over ability? Is it preferable to have two beautiful women potentially stink up a segment or two plainer girls actually put on a bout you can watch? What do you think will be the future of womens' wrestling and, perhaps more pertinently, what would you like to be future?

I don't understand why Layla, Eve, Beth, and Natalya are higher than Kelly Kelly and The Bellas. From what I know it's not about in ring ability it's about what they have done in the year and Natalya has been jobbing to The Bellas before getting the "Divas of Destruction" gig and Beth hasn't done a lot before getting the gig as well. And Layla she's been out of action with injury and hasn't wrestled for some time now. Although I really hate The Bella Twins they got to hold the Divas title and be the top heels. And K2 just shined it was finally her year to take over as the face of the Divas division. And Eve was such a boring champion all the WWE has done ever since taking it off her is making her Kelly's sidekick and jobbing her to the Divas of Destruction. Although she did hold the Divas title again her title reign was very forgettable even for the Divas division. She was just a boring champion with no personality in my opinion. She should have been below Kelly and The Bellas.

I dont really get why Madison Rayne is number 5. She hasnt been used too much lately. While reading the PWI500 I was wondering if the did a womens list at all, so thanks for posting it.

Glad to be of assistance, I have been quietly surprised by the lack of interest in this news but maybe it is an indicator of the complete lack of interest in the women's scene in 2011.

I think it was because of her dominance for the period prior to Mickie's arrival when she was 'retiring' all the KnockOuts and even the way she fired Tara in as a road block for a while made for some entertaining moments. She has vanished back into the mix since the terrible way they booked her to lose the KO Belt though, so I get where your coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back