PWI Awards For 2010

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I was just browsing around the internet and came to find out that the PWI Award winners & runner ups have been announced on prowrestlingillustrated.blogspot.com for a little while now. I'm a little surprised that someone hasn't started a thread on them.

I don't consider them to be a huge deal whereas some consider the PWI to be Gospel. At any rate, they're usually a fun topic to talk about, discuss, debate, rage at etc.

PWI Wrestler of the Year - Randy Orton
1st Runner Up - Rob Van Dam
2nd Runner Up - John Cena
3rd Runner Up - Sheamus

Thoughts - Generally speaking, Orton had a good year. He won the award last year but I think that there are wrestlers that did have better years. I can't see RVD being the 1st Runner Up as he's been entirely lackluster since coming to TNA. I'd have expected John Cena to have RVD's spot or to have won it. I'm a little surprised to see Sheamus as 3rd Runner Up, but I've got no complaints as he had a great year in 2010.

PWI Tag Team of the Year - Motor City Machine Guns
1st Runner Up - The Hart Dynasty
2nd Runner Up - The Kings of Wrestling
3rd Runner Up - Beer Money, Inc.

Thoughts - The Guns deserved to be team of the year. The Hart Dynasty definitely should not be 1st Runner Up in my view. Beer Money should be in that spot and I just don't see The Hart Dynasty as really being all that much. If anything, I think it's something of a sad reflection on the state of tag team wrestling overall in America.

PWI Match of the Year - The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

Thoughts - No surprise here at all. Their match at WrestleMania 25 won the award for 2009 and their match at WrestleMania 26 deserved to win it for 2010.

Feud of the Year - Nexus vs. WWE
1st Runner Up - Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon
2nd Runner Up - Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson
3rd Runner Up - John Cena vs. Batista

Thoughts - Again, no real surprise here. Whether you like Nexus, hate them, sorta like them, started out liking them but hate them or whatever; their feud with the WWE, John Cena in particular, has easily been the most talked about and highest profile feud in wrestling of 2010. I wouldn't have placed Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon as the 1st Runner Up. It did have some legit emotional context going on and people were legitimately interested. A lot of people put down their match at WM but I honestly don't know what people expected other than Vince to get his ass beaten for about 10 minutes.

PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year - Randy Orton
1st Runner Up - John Cena
2nd Runner Up - Rob Van Dam
3rd Runner Up - Daniel Bryan

Thoughts - Orton repeats in this category as he did for Wrestler of the Year. Orton is massively over right now, you'd have to be a biased idiot to say otherwise. His pops are deafening and he has the audience hanging on every single move he makes. Cena being 1st Runner Up or in 1st place is no surprise. Some people still have major hard ons for Rob Van Dam, but I just don't see it really. Daniel Bryan being 3rd Runner Up is a huge surprise. I've become a fan of Bryan and I like that he's getting over with fans, but I just can't see this when guys like Mysterio & Kofi Kingston are massively over with the fans right now.

PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year - Nexus
1st Runner Up - CM Punk
2nd Runner Up - The Miz
3rd Runner Up - Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff

Thoughts - I guess they're lumping all the Nexus members in with Wade Barrett. Barrett carried Nexus and was the glue that held it together. He's about 99% of the reason why Nexus got this and they deserved to get it. CM Punk is a great heel, one of the best in the business in my view. His thing on SD! where he sang Happy Birthday to Rey Mysterio's daugher was legitimately creepy, he put Evan Bourne on the shelf, was great as a commentator on Raw for a while and is now the new leader of Nexus. The Miz had a great year and it wouldn't have bothered me if he'd won it. Hogan & Bischoff coming in as the 3rd Runner Up I think shows just how overly weak TNA is right now when it comes to heels. The two top heels in the company are non wrestlers in their 50s.

PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year - D'Angelo Dinero
1st Runner Up - Wade Barrett
2nd Runner Up - Sheamus
3rd Runner Up - Jay Lethal

Thoughts - I wholeheartedly disagree with this one. I honestly don't see what the big deal about Dinero. There've been tons of wrestlers that've improved more than him in 2010 in my view: Dolph Ziggler, Matt Morgan, the 1st two Runners Up, John Morrison, Drew McIntyre, Ken Anderson, The Miz to name a few.

PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year - Shawn Michaels
1st Runner Up - Kurt Angle
3rd Runner Up - Rob Van Dam

Thoughts - HBK's farewell address on Raw after WrestleMania 26 is what locked this award for him. On an emotional level, nothing else anywhere in wrestling could even remotely touch it.

PWI Rookie of the Year - David Otunga
1st Runner Up - Tamina
2nd Runner Up - Percy Watson
3rd Runner Up - Corey Hollis

Thoughts - David Otunga?? You've gotta be shittin' me. Otunga has been, at his very best in 2010, average overall. He's had a few bright spots here and there but...yeah I just don't see this at all. The winner and Runners Up for this one is a real head scratcher.

PWI Stanley Weston Award - Killer Kowalski

Thoughts - This is basically a lifetime achievement award. Sometimes it coincides with a wrestler's retirement or passes away. Kowalski was highly respected in the ring for his legit toughness and strength that became a reknowned trainer after his in-ring career ended. He was proud of his Polish heritage and was a respected Polish sports figure, earning a place in the Polish-American Sports Hall of Fame about a year and a half before he died.

PWI Comeback of the Year - Rob Van Dam
1st Runner Up - Kane
2nd Runner Up - Edge
3rd Runner Up - Jeff Hardy

Thoughts - I think Kane should've won this. Like many people, I'd sort of written Kane off as having his best days behind him but he made me and a lot of others eat crow this past summer. He gave some outstanding promos and had a very respectable run as World Heavyweight Champion. Simply put, Kane showed himself to be an overall much better pro wrestler than most of us thought he was.

PWI Woman of the Year - Michelle McCool
1st Runner Up - Angelina Love
2nd Runner Up - Madison Rayne
3rd Runner Up - Madison Eagles

Thoughts - Some people like LayCool, some hate them. At any rate, I think this was the right call. Michelle McCool was basically the most dominant, high profile women's wrestler in America in 2010.

Well, that's pretty much it. Most of the winners came as no surprise to me. What do you think? Debate if you like, rage in hatred against PWI if you must.

Just cannot see McMahon-Hart as anything special. I found just about everything that happened after the first night to be entirely underwhelming which "built up" to one of, if not the, worst match of the year. If the match was "suppose to suck" then why build to it for so long as an important part of the biggest show of the year? Putting that over Angle-Anderson is just flat out wrong. Plus build up to one the best matches of the year which was revisited as an important part of leading into BFG.

The Pope is most improved because he simply went from one of WWECW'S jobber's to one of TNA's main event/upper-card.

Hoenstly I must say dont take PWI seriously. They seem to be biassed.

Ehhh, I kinda feel as if Randy has had an ok year. He was WWE Champion for a good while but Orton hasn't had anything really memorable in 2010. John Cena however, proved he didn't need a title to reign supreme over the WWE. He stayed on top with Nexus for the best part of the year. The Nexus/Cena storyline made WWE interesting again. Cena, himself, took 5 rookies and put them way over. 2010 was John Cena's year.
Duh. No other team comes close. I mean The Hart Dynasty coming in at second? That just proves how amazing the Motor City Machine Guns were. They won their first TNA Tag Championship and have put on phenomenal matches with Beer Money. MCMGs did a great job with those title belts and really were true champions. Many many memorable matches and moments in 2010 for MCMG. They desrve this.
Again, duh. No suprise whatsoever. This match wasn't as good as their last one, but still a great Wrestlemania match. Shawn Michaels does it again. I mean what is this, his 10th PWI Match of the Year award?
Another one I agree with. Like I said about Cena, this feud took five rookies and launched them to the top of Wrestling's top promotion. Top storyline/feud of 2010 would deffinitely go to Nexus and the WWE storyline.
Not hating on Randy Orton in this post but Randy Orton? Ughh! I personally would've went with either the third runner up Daniel Bryan or someone who wasn't even on the list, John Morrison. Watching RAW last week helped me realize just how over John Morrison truly is. Daniel Bryan as well. They've been both very popular for the better part of 2010. But I guess Randy deserved the award. He is massively over as Jack-Hammer said.
Deffinitely would've went with The Miz on this one. While Nexus was hated severly, The Miz has had so much criticism over the last year. The Miz is very over as a heel. I would actually say he's more over than Nexus as a whole.
Fuck that. No. Hell no. Like Hammer said, there are others who out shine Dinero this year. John Morrison, Miz and Dolph Zigger are the ones I would go with. John Morrison has become incredibly over with the crowd. With Sheamus as a stepping stone, John Morrison even was so lucky to receive a WWE Championship match on RAW.

The Miz is self explanatory.

Dolph Ziggler. The guy i'd probably go with. He held the Intercontinental Championship for the better part of the year. He brought pretige back to the IC Championship and had a very memorable reign. Probably the best in some time.Dolph went from saying "hi, I'm Dolph Ziggler, to Zig Zagging John Cena in the main event on Smackdown. He's a phenomenal competitor that desrve the award this year. Sorry but Dinero is a bull shit winner.
I guess so. Not much to say. Congrats Shawn.
Oh Fuck you PWI. David Otunga doesn't desreve the award guys like Brock Lesnar or Kurt Angle have won. I don't see much of a future for David Otunga. I don't really know any new comers this year but I'm sure there are better choices than Otunga.
PWI Stanley Weston Award - Killer Kowalski
I don't know much about Killer Kowalski. I don't believe I've ever seen a match of his. But didn't he train Triple H? That's good enough.
Like you said, Kane should've won this. At the begining of the year, no one would've guessed Kane would go on to have a very very very successful World Heavyweight Championship reign. Hell, he took out WWE's phenom that is the Undertaker. Kane would've been a good choice. I can see Rob Van Dam winning this award. There was so much hype around RVD joining TNA and instantly winning their Championship. I would've picked Kane but I have no problem with Rob Van Dam winning the 'Come back of the Year' award.
I would've picked Layla, but Michelle deserves this too. Perhaps they should've picked LayCool as a whole. But whatever. Michelle has actually put on great matches with the likes of Mickie James, Beth Pheonix and Natalya. She seemed like the likely candidate to win this year.

I picked up this magazine last week as it’s always a fun read. PWI is not my wrestling bible like it once was but I enjoy the year end issue a lot. I’ll give my thoughts on each award but just know that I don’t watch TNA. Don’t blast me if I miss out on something obvious from TNA.

Wrestler of the Year: To me this is much harder than it has been in the past. No one seemed to have a very dominant year. I think I would have voted for Cena here. He dominated his feud against Batista and was the main focus of Raw throughout the year whether he was champion or not. The title bounced around too much for any champion to really stand out so Cena gets my vote here.

Tag Team of the Year: I suppose I’ll agree with Motor City Machine Guns. The tag team scene is pretty sad in WWE and from what I’ve read the Guns have had the best year in TNA.

Match of the Year: Taker vs. HBK deserved the honors. I prefer their WM25 match but the rematch was good too. Add in the significance of this being Shawn’s last match and this is the clear choice. HBK has won this award eleven times including each of the last seven. It could easily be argued that he should have won in 2002 and 2003 as well. Amazing.

Most Popular: I have no real complaint here. I would have picked Cena but Orton is a good choice too. Just for the record he is not repeating in this award. He was actually most hated last year.

Most Hated: I don’t really like Nexus being grouped together here. I think Wade Barrett deserves this on his own.

Most Improved: It seems obvious to me that the WWE vote was split between Barrett and Sheamus so Dinero benefited from the TNA votes. I think this should have gone to Sheamus. He went from an unknown in 2009 to a two time champion who had feuded with Triple H, John Cena, and Randy Orton by the time we were half way through 2010.

Inspirational: I guess HBK seems like an obvious choice. I’m not sure I agree. Is retiring really that inspirational? His career as a whole has been inspirational so I guess the fans felt he deserved this award on his way out. From what I’ve read Kurt Angle could be worthy of this award but I can’t argue with one of the all time greats getting it at the end of his career.

Rookie of the Year: Does Otunga deserve this? Probably not, but who does? He benefits from being the most recognizable of a weak rookie class. This award isn’t what it used to be.

Stanley Weston Award: I don’t know a whole lot about Killer Kowalski. I can think of some others that deserve this award but I’m sure their time will come. I have no problem with this.

Comeback
: I think RVD was the right choice. He hadn’t wrestle in three years and quickly won the TNA title upon his return. Kane is an interesting choice. Usually the people considered for this award are those who return from a lengthy hiatus. Kane hadn’t gone anywhere but he went from being a mid card underachiever back to a main event force.

Woman of the Year: I guess it can go to only one so Michelle McCool was the right choice. LayCool have been the most consistent women in wrestling. The award can’t go to both and Michelle seems to have more of the leadership role.

Feud of the Year: It went to WWE vs. Nexus but I think it would have been much more appropriate for it to have just been John Cena vs. Wade Barrett. Sure Nexus declared war on WWE but let's be realistic. This whole feud was mostly with Cena.

PWI Wrestler of the Year: Randy Orton
QFE Wrestler of the Year: Sheamus

Man, you know. I really really can't see Orton winning this for me. He had a decent year, but in honesty, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. RVD, Cena weren't up there either. Sheamus wins this for me. He had the most entertaining year of them all. Triple H, JoMo, KOTR. Sheamus wins for me. Excited for his 2011.

PWI Tag Team of the Year: Motor City Machine Guns
QFE Tag Team of the Year: The Kings of Wrestling

Well, this one was a toss up for me between MCMG and KOR. But, I went with the KOR for the reason of they had a longer title reign than MCMG and the feud with the Briscoes. Sure, it may not have been in the same company. Sure, it may not have been close to the same work schedule. But, the feud with the Briscoes is what puts them over the top this year. They dominated, humiliated some of ROH landmark guys. Great year for them. Great things from them in the future.

PWI Match of the Year: Wrestlemania 26: HBK vs Undertaker
QFE Match of the Year: Wrestlemania 26: HBK vs Undertaker.

Well, for me, and for most I would assume, this is a no brainer.
This is the most obvious choice, no match comes close the the quality. Sure, WM25 was the better of the two matches, but I still couldn't take my eyes off of the screen the entire time. Instant classic. Easy choice.

PWI Feud of the Year: Nexus vs WWE
QFE Feud of the Year: Nexus vs WWE

How do you argue against this? Obvious choice. Biggest storyline of the year. Clear winner by a landslide.

PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year: Randy Orton
QFE Most Popular Wrestler of the Year: Randy Orton

I have no argument against Randy here. Clearly gets the most reaction out of the crowd than anybody else. Although, Cena has been pushing lately, wouldn't have complained if either would have won. No complaints. Good pick, PWI.

PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year: Nexus
QFE Most Hated Wrestler of the Year: CM Punk

I think i'm with the majority here when I say I don't like Nexus being grouped up together here. But regardless, CM Punk wins this by a significant margin over The Miz in my opinion. CM Punk can bring heat to himself like nobody else in the business. Great heel. Straight Edge Society, to John Cena, to Nexus. My guess is he repeats this win in 2011.

PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year: D'Angelo Dinero
QFE Most Improved Wrestler of the Year: The Miz

Not sure if Miz won this last year for PWI or not, but regardless, he didn't for me, so he's eligible to win. Miz has made so many strides to becoming the best in the business and the face of the WWE. He is easily the most improved in my book. My only beef with him is the Skull Crushing Finale. I just can't buy it, unless DBD is taking it off of the MITB case. :\

PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year: HBK
QFE Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year: HBK

No arguments, no competition, no question. Easily HBK.

PWI Rookie of the Year: David Otunga
QFE Rookie of the Year: David Otunga

Agreed with everyone above. Doesn't deserve it, benefits from a weak rookie class. Congrats on your highway robbery Otunga.

PWI Comeback of the Year: Rob Van Dam
QFE Comeback of the Year: Kane

This one was rather close in my books. RVD or Kane, but i'm going to give this to Kane. Came as a surprise to see his 2010 boom like it did. But, his feud with Undertaker gives him the trophy in this case. Classic feud, more exposure, good World Title run. Kane wins.

I'm going to skip Woman of the Year because I find it to be irrelevant this year with the way they are being handled.
Go Awesome Kong in 2011.

PWI Wrestler of the Year: Randy Orton
I don't mind this choice, but I think John Cena should've won. I'm by no means a Cena fan, but he definitely did have a great year and was involved in the top feud of the year with the Nexus and held a huge spotlight for the WWE as a whole, doing so without even carrying the World title.

PWI Tag Team of the Year: Motor City Machine Guns
This ones obvious. They deserved it by finally gaining the TNA Tag team titles, having some great feuds, and having some greater matches. No one else deserves this spot over the Guns. I do hate, though, the fact that PWI just outright ignores everything but the WWE and TNA. Kings of Wrestling should've EASILY been the 1st runner up. There's no other team that compares to the Kings of Wrestling in holding their promotions tag team titles, having great feuds and great matches. Kings of Wrestling had a far better year then any WWE tag team and any TNA tag team besides the Guns.

PWI Match of the Year: Wrestlemania 26: HBK vs Undertaker
Sure. This seems obvious.

PWI Feud of the Year: Nexus vs WWE
No doubt. The fans have eaten this feud up since it started and it has dominated the WWE as a storyline for the whole year. No other feud really comes close.

PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year: Randy Orton
I DEFINITELY agree with this. I don't think any other wrestler even comes close to being as popular as Randy Orton has been this year. His character has gotten crazy over this past year, and his crowd reactions are unrivaled.

PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year: Nexus
I can agree with this. I can understand some people separating Wade Barrett from the other members of Nexus, but I think as a whole it was the group and the group's actions, especially during the beginnings of the Nexus angle that got crazy heat from the crowd. The entity that was Nexus got huge heat whenever they were on screen.

I definitely think CM Punk is the 1st runner up. I don't at all agree with the Miz deserving to be one or two, because I really don't think he's been as over as a heel as people make him out to be or give him praise for being. He's got nothing on CM Punk.

I don't agree with this at all. I don't even know where this choice came from because I don't see anything over the past year that's really made the Pope stand out as IMPROVED from previous years. Sure he may have gotten the ball finally, but that's not an improvement of the abilities he already had and just wasn't allowed to showcase.

I think Dolph Ziggler should've won this. Ziggler never really stood out for me at all before, and there was never anything special about him in the past. This year he's seemed to REALLY shine as a character, as a champion with the Intercontinental title, and definitely in the ring. Ziggler's had great matches time and time again over the course of this past year and he's really been impressing me lately.

PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year: HBK
Sure.

PWI Rookie of the Year: David Otunga
How the HELL did Otunga get this? Is this some kind of a joke? PWI has lost all credibility (not that they had some great amount of it or anything) with this choice. Otunga hasn't impressed me in any way.. not in the ring, not on the mic, and not as a character. I don't know how they're judging this aware so it's hard for me to make my own pick, but Otunga would never be it.

PWI Comeback of the Year: Rob Van Dam
Bullshit. Yes, RVD came back into a top position for TNA. Yes, RVD was TNA champion. But his reign sucked, his feuds were boring and not memorable in the least, and he's really done nothing interesting or impressive since he came back. Kane should've won this. Kane came back from nowhere, was given a spot no one would've expected him to get again, and a push I doubt anyone expected either, and he shined as champion for the first 2/3s of his reign. Kane was definitely better then RVD this year. PWI fails again.

This is a hard one for me. Nobody had a really standout year in 2010. Initially I went with Orton but on second thoughts I think that the award should have gone to John Cena. He was still the centrepiece of Raw's programming and also the biggest face in the company despite Orton's best efforts.

RVD was never the focus of the show even though TNA tried to hype him as a huge deal when he was champion. And at the end of the year he isn't even their biggest face. He had a good year but not an outstanding one

My Pick: John Cena

Yes they deserved this award. The Hart Dynasty should not even be in consideration for this award. They weren't even a tag team for a full year. The Kings of Wrestling have been the MCMG's of ROH and definately deserve the first runner up award followed by Beer Money and Gen Me.

My Pick: The MCMGs

Yep nothing even close with TNA's MOTY being Angle vs Anderson at Lockdown. It was a great match but the star power alone of Taker vs HBK trumps it.

My Pick: Undertaker vs HBK

Um.. it was never Nexus vs WWE. It was always Nexus vs John Cena. Certainly the most dominant storyline on Raw and deserves the FOTY. Surely I would have liked the Nexus to win more than they did but despite of not winning much, they created a lot of intrigue and it was, on the whole, a good storyline.

Angle vs Anderson was a starmaking feud and TNA's FOTY. They should have been the first runner's up here. I would also haved liked to see Daniel Bryan vs Miz get a runner up spot here. It was better than Batista vs John Cena in my opinion. Cena/ Batista started out great but the level of interest decreased as the feud went on. It was pretty apparent that Batista never stood a chance to beat Cena.

My Pick: Nexus vs John Cena

I don't have a problem here. He has come very close to outpopping Cena on many an occasion. A good feud and he might even become the top face of the company.

My Pick: Randy Orton

Right on the money once more. They generated tons of heat when they debuted and even got the anti Cena crowd to cheer for Cena on many an occasion. I do not disagree with the runners up either.

My Pick: The Nexus

I like Dinero but he did not deserve this. He was hot in the early part of the year but once he got injured his push subsided and right now he is really doing nothing. I would have personally liked to see Ziggler win this award. I think his improvement has been much more than either Miz or Sheamus. He might be one of the top five in ring workers in the company at this moment.

Miz should have won the award in 2009 and I do believe that Sheamus was always pretty good. He just got a chance to exhibit his potential this year.

My Pick: Dolph Ziggler

I would have liked to see Kurt win this. I know HBK's retirement speech sealed it for him but personally I thought that Kurt's work in his feud with Anderson was very inspiring as well. Especially the whole segment with the soldiers. Kurt was inspirational throughout the year.

My Pick: Kurt Angle

Huh? Am I the only one who remembers that Wade Barrett debuted in 2010? Why isn't he even a nominee? Due to obvious reasons Wade deserves this award. Otunga sucks and if it weren't for his celebrity status he would have probably been released by now.

My Pick: Wade Barrett

I'll go out on a limb and pick Mr Anderson here. He had been out for a while and had plenty of naysayers when he debuted in TNA. Yet, at the end of the year he is the champion of the company and his work all year round proves that he deserves it. He has been the MVP of the company and has been very good both as a heel as well as a face.

RVD and Kane had their moments but what I find troubling is once their big storyline has ended, they both find themselves pushed back to the midcard. Kane cut fantastic promos in his feud with The Undertaker but his feud with Edge was less than stellar.

My Pick: Mr Anderson

Love them or hate them Laycool have been the focus of the divas division. Again, I have no problem with Michelle winning this award. It might be the best work she has done so far in her career.

My Pick: Michelle McCool

3rd Runner Up - Sheamus

I don't have a problem with Orton winning, but I think the runner-up list is a bit off. RVD hasn't done anything worth talking about. It's not his fault, he's just getting older. If TNA were willing to pay me a shit ton of cash for being half of what I used to be, I would take it in a heartbeat. Cena should have been 2nd, Sheamus 3rd and AJ Styles 4th.

This is probably the biggest no-brainer on this list. MCMG's are the best tag team on the planet, no question. I would have given Beer Money the #2 spot. The Hart Dynasty wasn't given enough to work with, and weren't together long enough to have an impact like Beer Money did.

There may have been a few matches that were just as good, technically, as this one. However, combine the awesome action with how much this match meant to pro wrestling, and it's not even close.

I would say this list is dead on. Nexus vs. WWE, while kind of stale right now, was the Feud of 2010. No one saw it coming, and it worked.

I see some complaining about Hart and McMahon. If you didn't like, tough shit. It needed to happen, and it was as good as it could have been given Hart's health. So basically I'm saying take your negative bullshit and stick it, BRRRROTHER!

This award totally belongs to Randy Orton. Cena may sell more t-shirts, but every arena Orton steps foot in goes absolutely nuts for the guy. He never gets the "controversy" (nice job with the wording, WWE) treatment Cena does, and became a huge face without even trying. It's his award, and it's well deserved.

1st Runner Up - CM Punk
2nd Runner Up - The Miz

The only problem I have with this award is who actually won. Nexus wasn't the most hated, Wade Barrett was. I understand Barrett needed an army to win this award, but the army wasn't all that great. Outside of joining in on beating the hell out of someone, they did nothing to improve Nexus. Barrett and Barrett alone deserved this award.

I also find it funny how Hogan and Bischoff are on this list. Is this list supposed to be totally kayfabe, or is this because so many people believe they have done nothing to improve TNA??

2nd Runner Up - Sheamus

Pope? Seriously?

Where was the improvement? Just because he was featured more often, doesn't mean he improved. I dare anyone to give me one great performance Pope put on this year.

Personally, I would have given this award to Cody Rhodes. Since Legacy split, he has shown great in-ring abilities and his mic-work has soared. He has one of the more entertaining characters in WWE right now, and he really hasn't missed a step since leaving the tag team division.

No complaints here. This is more of a lifetime award, seeing as how Shawn came back at least five years removed from his prime, and still put on some amazing shows. His second run may have been better than his first, minus his athletic ability not being quite the same.

1st Runner Up - Tamina

HA! This is hilarious to me. What is PWI's criteria for qualifying as a rookie? If Barrett is disqualified because of his time in the minors, I understand. But there is no way in hell David Otunga should win any award, outside of being the shittiest wrestler out there. I cannot think of one thing he has done to justify winning this award, or any other for that matter.

1st Runner Up - Kane
2nd Runner Up - Edge

How about Ken Anderson? He has done much better than RVD, and he isn't even on this list. Kane belongs, but I'm not so sure about Edge. He wasn't out that long, and probably only made this list because his first match back was him winning the Rumble. He's had a total lackluster year.

3rd Runner Up - Sheamus
I disagree with Randy Orton. He had a slow beginning feuding with The Legacy and then injured against Edge. He really didn't pick up much steam until after his injury in August. RVD? Really? Why not somebody like freakin' Kurt Angle? John Cena would've been my pick for this award. Yeah, I hate him. But I'm not biased.

Right call with the Guns. They've been the top highlight of TNA for the whole year. I'm just wondering why Beer Money, the team they feuded most with, isn't second place? The Hart Dynasty should be 3rd. Under The Kings Of Wrestling. Who I've never seen.

I think that if you remove the build and what was ridding on the match, this wouldn't have been Match of The Year. I get it. Huge rematch. But the match itself was pretty much all drama. From Taker "breaking" his leg, to Shawn crawling, taunting and getting the jumping Tombstone, I don't think this was as big as other like Anderson/Angle, BM/MCMG of Daniel Bryan/Dolph Ziggler. It's up there, but I wouldn't agree with it being the top.

I hated the Nexus vs WWE feud after Summerslam. But for the most part, it was well done. I can't deny it. But Hart/McMahon over Batista/Cena and Angle/Anderson? What? All this had was two great weeks. The others had months of build and more importantly had huge matches. :disappointed:
Who the hell keeps putting Van Dam in these places? Randy? Its easy to contest that Cena was and is more popular. But enough's enough. But Van Dam? Above guys like Anderson, Angle and Styles?

1st Runner Up - CM Punk
2nd Runner Up - The Miz
How the hell did Abyss not win this I... Oh, it's in kayfabe. OK. Makes sense now. I can't argue with this one. Punk was out with an injury for a long period. But why Hogan and Bischoff? Why not Ric Flair instead? The one who was a heel all year round?

2nd Runner Up - Sheamus

I strongly disagree with this entire list. First off, how can you improve when you start off well to begin with? Barrett had been solid since the beginning. My pick easy. Mr. Anderson. Who had been a total obscurity for over year and came back to be one of TNA top stars in less than... 3 fucking months! How is that not an improvement? From being nowhere on the map, to having one of the best matches of the year in one of the biggest feuds of the year. Riddle me that.

I don't disagree with this list... WHAT? RVD again? What did he inspire? To get kayfabe beaten half to death by a nail-infested piece of 2x4? I love the guy, but come on!

1st Runner Up - Tamina

And the worst part is Wade Barrett is nowhere to be found. :disappointed: He's the guy that made Otunga seem worthwhile in the first place. Tamina's barely wrestled on TV. Which is just staggering.Percy Watson was just Eddie Murphy on steroids. I fail to see the big deal. He's back in FCW, Alex Riley isn't.

1st Runner Up - Kane
2nd Runner Up - Edge

Geez. For once I agree with Van Dam being on a list. He was totally obscure and had not been seen on TV for years. Kane really turned things around, but he never left your TV screen for a single minute. But Jeff? Anderson fits the bill better. Not only was most of 2010 pretty lackluster for Jeff, but 2009 was pretty much his best year ever.

McCool? Yuck. I'd say Madison fits better. At least she had good matches and some good stuff by having Tara and Roxie fired. Not to mention that she doesn't look like a Q-Tip.

The editors of this thing must really love Van Dam. That's for sure.

3rd Runner Up - Sheamus

Yeah, not really agreeing with this one. I wasn't impressed much with Orton at all this year. I was really excited when he started to turn face and began getting those massive pops, but I don't think he's clicked since then. His title reign was a bore and a half. Not sure why RVD is there. I think Cena probably deserves this. He had a mediocre 2009 in my opinion and he came back like a lion in 2010, being a part of two feud of the year contenders.

Spot on other than the runner ups. Beer Money should be 1st runner up and it should just stop there.

Great match, and I don't begrudge them for choosing it, but I would have went with Anderson/Angle from Lockdown. I'd probably even put Batista and Cena's LMS over this.

It's a close one, but I personally liked Cena/Batista more than Nexus/WWE. Yes, it was much shorter, but I think that feud had the best promos and best matches of any feud this year. Bret/Vince was okay if just because we got some closure and cartoony Vince promos. Anderson/Angle produced a match of the year, but I didn't think the feud was all that special in and of itself.

:shrug: Same basic opinion I have for wrestler of the year. Hell, I think Cena's pops are louder than Orton's 99.9% of the time, but that's just me.

1st Runner Up - CM Punk
2nd Runner Up - The Miz

No real complaints here, though I do agree with many of you that most of Nexus's heat came because of Wade Barrett, so he probably should have been chosen.

2nd Runner Up - Sheamus

The Pope? Really? I think Miz is the most improved. Granted, he improved last year too, but for most of 2009 he was still pretty much a joke. He carried the US Title very well in 2010 and won the WWE title at the end of the year. That's fucking improvement.

No complaints here, but it should be known that few wrestlers inspire me to begin with.

1st Runner Up - Tamina

I agree with Killjoy - where in the fuck is Wade Barrett? David Otunga is fucking awful and what in the fuck have Tamina and Percy Watson done to get them runner up spots?

1st Runner Up - Kane
2nd Runner Up - Edge

Eh, not bad. Take Edge off there and replace him with Anderson and you probably have a better list.

:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member