Psychologically Disturbing, Round Two: Irreversible vs. The Untold Story

Which Film Is More Disturbing?

• Irreversible

• The Untold Story

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Irreversible (2002, Directed by Gaspar Noe)

i2.jpg

Did You Know?: With the attachment of Vince Cassel and Monica Bellucci, Gaspar Noe got Irreversible fully funded with only a three-page outline of the film's plot.

vs.

The Untold Story (1993, Directed by Danny Lee and Herman Yau)

u2.png

Did You Know?: For his portrayal of Wong Chi Hang, Anthony Wong received the 1994 Hong Kong Film Award for Best Actor (the Hong Kong film industry's equivalent to a Best Actor Oscar).​

The rape scene from Irreversible is more then enough the gain my vote and support for this film through this tournament. The intensity and brutality of the 9 minutes rape scene is something that will stick with you for quiet some time. It is a scene that just last forever and is incredibly difficult to watch. The setting doesn't help to much either. The red walls really help to create the disturbing vibe that comes from the scene and the man who walks into the hall, sees what is happening, and then leaves. A truly horrifying scene.

It's funny... both movies 'disturbance' comes from two scenes in each of them, with one scene revolving around rape, and the other revolving around a horrific murder. It's impossible to claim which movie has the most disturbing scenes between the two, because they're both so insanely violent and done in such a realistic manner.

So, how do I decide which to pick? Well, I have to go with Irreversible.

While the 'disturbing' scenes in The Untold Story are horrifically realistic, the rest of the movie is not. The rest of the film is filled with ******ed cops, and a psycho completely fucking himself over because of stupidity. It's a really campy movie outside of the violent scenes, and it constantly reminds you that yes... this is a movie; do not take it seriously.

Irreversible, on the other hand, keeps it real 100% throughout the film. There's nothing that seems fake about it. From the gay club, to the scenes after the rape with the conversing between the victims, which we now witness knowing their fate in the hours to come.

Irreversible is really, really unsettling the entire duration of the film, whereas The Untold Story has too much goofiness about it to keep you on edge with its disturbing nature, which is why I have to vote for Irreversible here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back