Positive Things The WWE Are Doing Well At

Discussion in '[Hidden] World Wrestling Entertainment' started by Low_Ki, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Low_Ki

Low_Ki Former WZCW Tag Team Champion

So, in honesty, there is a lot to critique when it comes to WWE's product.

This is not one of those threads.

This is a thread to champion what they are getting right at this moment across all three brands. It could be anything from a storyline, to a character, whatever it is, I'd like to hear it.

My choice is the Undisputed Era. The name didn't sit with me at first, but they have made it believable. I like the tag team/single wrestler dynamic (Roddy Strong excluded) and even with Strong they just work as a faction to me. Very Nexus-esque, and a group that could become very influential provided they maintain the Fish/O'Reily/Strong tag team dynamic and keep Cole as the top singles guy in the group.

Dagger Dias likes this.
  2. King Patrick Star

King Patrick Star K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed

The positives of WWE today:

Brock Lesnar – Brock Lesnar is a throwback to the days of when the Champion is the “special attraction”. The top Champion “shouldn’t” wrestle weekly. He should be saved for pay per views. If the Champion makes an appearance on the weekly episodic shows, it should only be for interviews.

AJ Styles – AJ Styles is the perfect example of today’s Champion. Week in and week out, he’s there with the company’s best promotional tool in hand, the Championship Title Belt. He is the “Face” of the company, and proves it everyday.

Nia Jax – Nia Jax is the perfect dominating Champion, granted we’re still in the middle of her turn. The buildup has so far been handled properly for a slow burn. I think the payoff will be great in the end.

Carmella – Carmella is a great “chicken $#!+” Heel. With the IIconics sort of backing her up, it makes for a tried and true storyline. She has the right attitude to pull it off, and so far, the experiment is a success.

Seth Rollins – Seth Rollins is buring it down. Who better to have the workhorse Championship Title Belt than the workhorse Champion?? I think, at this point in his career, he’s better off being the mid-card Champion, than the top Champion, only because he can display his in-ring skills with the hungrier SuperStars. If he was at the top right now, he might get stale, similar to his first run.

Jeff Hardy – Jeff Hardy had nothing else to prove. This current Title run just puts the icing on the cake to an already storied career. He doesn’t even need the Title, but whoever takes it from him should get a nice rub from it.

Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt – The Deleters of Worlds are a great team to head the Raw Tag division. The way the story developed of being rivals, then teaming together, then successfully winning “gold”, is a story that will never get old. The chemistry is great, and the way the feed off each other with their respective character is just wonderful.

The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper and Rowan) – The Bludgeon Brothers have what it takes to be the Heel Champions that we’ve been missing for a while. They have the skills to get the job done. They are being booked just right. On top of this, they’re both doing it without a manager.

Cedric Alexander – Cedric Alexander is doing exactly what needs to be done to carry the Cruiserweight division. He’s like Rey Mysterio without a mask. He’s got the right mix of appearance and ability that can be marketed to the 205 Live audience.

Who am I kidding!? The only positives in the WWE today are the Championship Title Belts!! I LOVE GGGGOOOOLLLLDDDD!!

HeenanGorilla likes this.
  3. Ceen

Ceen Occasional Pre-Show

Strowman. It’s how you build a long career just in a year. That’s probably the best WWE push now.
    I like also Seth rebuilding his momentum, Matt & Bray getting a push (as both were really low before WM), and how they are making Rusev a upper midcard, not just a midcard, and keep him tweener.
    Also, Elias is the man, after a bad NXT run, his Main Roster run is soooo hot.
    Also, NXT getting smaller talent is a cool thing. All the outside talent is pretty hot and quite experienced, so they have better talent to build.
    And don’t forget the Velveteen Dream.

Normally it’s easier to see mistakes rather than success, Good Post!

4. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Positive thing to say about WWE

RAW:

Strowman slow build into the main event scene: Normally, a guy like Strowman would be World champion by now but i like how they realize they have a good think with him right now and that fans don'T care if he's champion or not, all they want is see him destroy stuff.

Roman Reigns: i think that they finally found a formula that works with him and that they're not pushing him as much as they did several years ago. He's we're he's supposed to be.

Elias: One of the last true heel character, the fans really want to cheer him and the guy is able to turn them easily. He's a great character that you want to hate and it work

Seth Rollins: While he sometimes forget the psychology of selling a injured body part, i've got to say that he's becoming a enjoyable part of Raw ever since winning the Ic title from Miz.
    Smackdown:

Daniel Bryan return: They could have push him to the moon right off the bat but they didn't and that'S alright. The guy is a made main eventer, why not use him to help guys like Big Cass to get the rob of him and maybe elevate him to the next level.

Carmella: she becoming such a great heel and while her wrestling isn't as great as the rest of the division, she's running Circle around the rest of the division with her promos.

Samoa Joe: same as Bryan, the guy is a made star and they finally use him in a fashion that benefit everybody plus he's becoming the best promo in the company by far.

Shinsuke Nakamura: love his work as a heel. He'S a natural at it and it's the first time that i truly enjoy is work since.

Paige: while she'S not the greatest at the GM role, I still enjoy her presence most week on the show, she doing a really good job as the GM.

NXT:

I don'T watch NXT as much as i use but i stil have some positive thing to say about the brand.

Aleister black as star written all over him and i'm happy he's the champion right now

Tomasso Chiampa is probably the greatest heel in WWE right now. How many guy gets that much heat on a regular base.

The undisputed era: great faction and help roderick Strong get a personality which is always a plus.

5. King Patrick Star

The positives of NXT today:

Aleister Black – Aleister Black, much like most of NXT, is someone I didn’t know about till he showed up in Orlando. All the good things I heard about this guy is true. He certainly lived up to the hype.

Shayna Baszler – Shayna Baszler plays the role of a legitimate Champion perfectly. Putting her in NXT first was a smart move. Although I don’t think she needs to stay at the Performance Center for too long, the longer she does stay, the better polished she will be.

Adam Cole – Adam Cole can be described in two words, “Bay Bay”!! He’s a Main Eventer without even touching the Main Event on the Main Roster. Here’s a guy who can learn the WWE way of Sports Entertainment, AND teach the NXT roster about Professional Wrestling. To think, his run in the WWE is only beginning.

The Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Reilly, and Roderick Strong) – The Undisputed Era reminds me of why I love Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment. For every Ric Flair, Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, and Triple H, there’s the Horsemen, New World Order, D-Generation X, and Evolution right behind them. The only difference between the 4 Greatest Stables ever and the Undisputed Era is the simple fact that the Undisputed Era are Champions today. I have a good feeling about this group, and I hope they prove me right once they get to the Monday or Tuesday shows.

Pete Dunne – Pete Dunne can get it done. He can go from the UK Tournament to 205 Live to NXT, He can go from singles matches to tag teams. He can fight guys 206 or larger and 205 and smaller. He can do it all, and has plenty of potential for the future.

Who am I kidding!? The only positives in NXT today are the Championship Title Belts!! I LOVE GGGGOOOOLLLLDDDD!!

6. sMark

sMark Getting Noticed By Management

WWE have alot of awesome talents on their roster...

can't make memorable moments or feuds with them and finish things the right way (Asuka/Reigns at WM), can't let Attitude go (Taker/HHH/DX/McMahons)

7. Spidey

Spidey Should've Reinstated The Fox
    E-Fed Mod

We've definitely entered a golden age where comedy jobbers can go out there and have a fantastic match if that was what WWE wanted. The athleticism will probably go unrivaled for years to come. I hope that after the annual Money In The Bank slump they give us reasons to watch said performers.

8. d_henderson1810

d_henderson1810 Mid-Card Championship Winner

The one NEGATIVE to your first positive.

Okay, you say that the champion doesn't have to wrestle every week. Fair enough. Undertaker, Ronda Rousey, Triple H and others don't wrestle on RAW either.

But Brock doesn't do all the PPVs either. There are PPVs where the title isn't defended, because he is not there.

He also doesn't show up and promote his matches most weeks, or has a long running feud.

Your point would be valid if Brock did all the PPVs. But he doesn't. My problem with him is that he shows up when he feels like it.

9. Garak

Garak Occasional Pre-Show

I would gather things would be different if PPVs were still purely Pay Per Views and WWE was trying to maximise buy rates. As much as it pains me to agree with Madden, Sunday Night Raw isn't the draw that PPVs used to be.

10. King Patrick Star

Look, I understand what you’re saying. I agree that the Champions should always be on every pay per view. I even take it a step further and believe that every pay per views should use the Night Of Champions format, and only have Championship Title matches. In today’s landscape, that’s 9 Championship Title matches on every Sunday show. Championship Title matches should not be given to us for free. We should pay for the 9 Championship Title matches, once a month. Look at it like this, that’s a low cost of $1.11 per Championship Title match every month. Any non-Title feuds can all take place and culminate on the weekly shows for free.

My point with the Universal Champion is, it appears to be viewed as the top of the 2 top Championship Titles in WWE. I don't think Brock "shows up when he feels like it". I think he shows up when WWE feels like showing him on WWE TV. Maybe, without flat out saying it, they are saving him for the Big 4, to make it seem even bigger than it really is. Back when I started watching Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment, Hulk Hogan never had a match on WWF Wrestling Challenge or WWF SuperStars of Wrestling. Things did change when Ultimate Warrior won the Winged Eagle Belt and continued to have squash matches against jobbers, but can you even picture Hogan wrestling a jobber on a Saturday morning, which was then replayed on Sunday afternoon on WWF Wrestling Spotlight??

Either way, we agree to disagree, and we disagree to agree. The one thing we can count on is when Brock Lesnar finally drops the Big Red Belt, this format will be gone. I mean, what if Roman Reigns is Universal Champion, and only shows up at the Big 4?? Actually, would people be mad about that??

11. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

They are using the UFC way of booking with him and i found it refreshing. In the UFC the Heavyweight Champion isn't fighting on every PPV. They keep him for the big shows and That's what they want to portrait with Lesnar. He's a guys that shows up for the big fights like a mania or summerslam, he's not going to show up if it's on a smaller show like a backlash. It makes the guy look like a big deal and help the championship look like a big deal because of it.

If you had Lesnar show up on every show or defend on every ppv, he would feel like a big deal anymore kinda like what's slowly happening with Ronda Rousey at the moment. She felt like a big deal going into mania but she slowly losing her luster as a special attraction because she's been on tv almost every week since she sign with the company.

King Patrick Star likes this.
  12. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

Before getting into specifics, one thing WWE has is an amazing roster of talent, maybe the most overall ability of any roster in company history, but the biggest problem with it is that creativity is so restricted and formulaic due to Vince McMahon's issues as a control freak who wants to do everything remotely possible to project a very specific image of WWE. With that being said, it's become the most common thing in all of wrestling fandom to criticize WWE but a whole hell of a lot of fans are extremely slow in giving WWE any degree of credit for....well anything really because it's so fashionable to hate on WWE. WWE is the establishment and it seems that every fan, to one degree or another, wants to be anti-establishment; hell, in all the movies and TV shows, isn't it always the anti-establishment characters who're portrayed as the coolest? You know, the rebels and all that stuff? :p And yes, believe it or not, a lot of fans do view themselves as some sort of cool, rebellious outsider whenever they stick it to WWE.

Anyhow, as to good things going on right now:

Raw:

Seth Rollins - Rollins is really in his element as a babyface, fighting champion. It just really seems to suit him and it's something that he can really ride the wave of for a while. I just hope WWE doesn't try ending it too soon as there's a lot that can be milked from it.

Braun Strowman - While I do think WWE goes a little overboard at times, I give them credit for ultimately keeping Strowman strong. I also like that they're progressing him little by little while still keeping the core aspects of who he is and what he's about firmly in tact.

Finn Balor - Balor is someone that's a lot like Rollins in that he's a workhorse who can be counted on to provide quality matches. I do think he needs to be fleshed out more as a persona personally, but what they're doing seems to be working for a lot of fans. He consistently gets big reactions, so maybe simpler is the way to go with him. At some point, I wouldn't mind seeing him as a heel as I think he does have a cool factor about him that could be exploited well in the guise of a cocky lowlife.

Kevin Owens - Owens continues to be a real gift for WWE in my opinion. Owens is a versatile guy who can be silly & funny, a chicken shit heel and a sociopathic schemer with the result being someone who can do well in just about any situation. Quality work on the mic, easy to be invested in and can deliver quality in the ring, especially if they just let him go all out.

The B-Team - I like what they're doing with Dallas and Axel. It's just fun watching them do their thing and while it may not last, I'm getting a kick out of it for the time being.

The Deleter of Worlds - As with the B-Team, I'm just kinda digging the team. I don't know how long it'll last, but it's nice to see Bray Wyatt actually coming out on the upside of things for once. I can take or leave Hardy's Woken/Broken character, but at least it's unique.

Drew McIntyre & Dolph Ziggler - I think these two work well together, but I'm more impressed with McIntyre. I don't look for this team to last all that long but, in truth, I don't think it needs to because McIntyre doesn't need Ziggler. Ziggler has gone as far as he's going in WWE, but he can still be useful as the guy has a lot of ability. McIntyre has star written all over him and I like the direciton they're taking with him.

Elias - Elias is someone that I don't think will rise much higher than he is, but what he's got going on right now is good enough for the time being. His schtick is a lot of fun and WWE might as well milk it for all they can. At some point, maybe in another 6 to 12 months, I think Elias is gonna have to evolve into something else; if he doesn't become a mid-card champion by this time next year and he's still doing his current gimmick, then I think he's on the road to being a mid-card jobber.

205 Live - I just decided to put the Cruiserweight Division down as a whole as 205 Live has become a really fun show to watch, in my opinion. The show is well structured now, they have several different feuds going on and they make the most of the time they've got. Cedric Alexander is a solid babyface champion, Drew Gulak shines in his role as this sort of unbalanced technician who can snap at any moment, Buddy Murphy is a real workhorse, as is Mustafa Ali, who has really come a long way as a persona due to some extremely well done sit-down interview segments.

Alexa Bliss - Alexa Bliss is just great at what she does. She's a fun, charismatic heel who knows how to tell a story and can get the crowd to strongly dislike her. She's been a strong champion and has done a lot to keep the women's movement in WWE moving forward.

The Riott Squad - I see the Riott Squad as three gals who're slowly and steadily improving as things go on and that's a good thing. I don't think Ruby Riott necessarily needs them, she's clearly the most talented among them and Logan & Morgan are eventually gonna have to sink or swim. But, for now, I like what's going on.

Sasha Banks & Bayley - I dig the slow burn they're going for in terms of this program. A heel turn for Banks seems to be looming jus tover the horizon. Sasha is at her best when she's a heel and Bayley is at her best as a sweet, sympathetic, underdog babyface. They're not rushing into this and I like how they're playing the whole "will they or won't they" type of strategy as they sometimes highlight their tension while downplaying it at others, but always keeping said tension there.

Ronda Rousey - I honestly figured that Rousey would disappear after WrestleMania, but I like that she pops up on a more regular basis. I think she's genuinely committed and is doing a good job of establishing that instead of showing up every few months like Brock Lesnar.

SmackDown:

AJ Styles - They're keeping Styles as a straight forward, scrappy babyface and it's the best way to play him as a babyface. Styles has been a strong WWE Champion and I'm glad to see that WWE has made the most out of having him. He's solid on the mic, he's easy to invest in and he's genuinely among the top in-ring guys in wrestling and has been for over a decade now.

Shinsuke Nakamura - I dig Nakamura's heel persona as he comes off as such an irreverant dick, but in a different way. His strange, mocking mannerisms along with his facial expressions, body language and no shortage of nut shots are fun to dislike. I mean, you've gotta be an asshole to hit somebody in the balls as much as he's done to poor AJ Styles; if Styles ever has another kid, poor little bastard will probably be born crosseyed.

The Miz - Miz continues to do what he does best in that he's a total dick. Miz has also been doing the best work of his career for the past 2 to 2.5 years. His feud with Daniel Bryan is looming on the horizon and it should be a lot of fun as Miz is so good at making babyfaces look sympathetic.

Daniel Bryan - Bryan is being the sort of "every man" type of guy and it works for him because it feels genuine. Fans know what works with Bryan and WWE seems to as well in that they're not trying to jam Bryan into a role/persona that's just not him. I also like that they're not moving too quickly with him because it's the smart thing to do for both themselves and Bryan himself. I know a lot of fans want Bryan moved up the card as quickly as possible, I'd say WWE officials do as well but Bryan has to show he can remain healthy.

Samoa Joe - Samoa Joe is just fun. He's fun in the ring and he portrays being a badass so smoothly and easily that you can't help but shake your head and wonder why WWE doesn't try doing this same thing with several other talents on the roster. We all know who they are, a few of them are quite obvious. Joe effortlessly exudes a menacing presence and it just works for him. He's in his element.

Big Cass - I might be in the minority, but I like Cass' character. He comes off as a confident, cocky heel who happens to be a bully that looks down his nose at everyone. He's solid on the mic and he's decent in the ring.

Andrade Cien Almas & Zelina Vega - If utilized correctly, this guy could potentially be the Hispanic star WWE has wanted for years now. He was killing it in NXT the last 8 or 9 months he was there and Zelina Vega's gift of gab on the mic did wonders for his overall game. She's a fantastic hype woman and mouthpiece and I like that they haven't rushed into things with Almas yet. He's just hit the main roster during a time when he could easily have been lost in the shuffle so waiting until MITB is finished until they really show some of what they can do was a smart choice.

Rusev Day - I don't know exactly why this has gotten over, but WWE's right to run with it. I'd like to see Rusev go back to his roots at some point, but this is fine for right now.

The Usos - As with New Day, the Usos are a couple of guys who can be counted on to deliver quality in the tag team division. I like that they've sorta taken a bit of a step out of the spotlight for the time being, but still have a strong presence.

New Day - I can do without all the pancake silliness, but once you get by that, New Day continues to be a fun, fresh feeling tag team loaded with charisma that delivers quality matches whenever the opportunity arises. Xavier Woods has been impressive the past few months and I'd like to see him branch out a bit.

The Bludgeon Brothers - Just meat and potatoes but it works. They're two big, rough, tough, hairy backwoods brawlers and that's all they need to be. WWE doesn't need to try reinventing the wheel with these two as they're working out just fine.

Anderson & Gallows - Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows have momentum on the blue brand and they're being consistently booked. I still think these guys are overrated, but at least they're coming off as a consistently solid team on SmackDown.

Charlotte Flair - Charlotte is infinitely better as a heel, but you can't argue with what she brings to the game. She's a strong presence who can be counted on to deliver quality and that's what she's done.

Becky Lynch - I hope what we're seeing out of Becky Lynch is something WWE plans to sustain. Becky is highly talented and she's gotten lost on the shuffle for well over a year now. She's a scrappy, plucky babyface who can deliver and I hope what we've been seeing for the past month or so is a return to a more prominent spot on the roster and not just being dome for MITB.

Asuka - Asuka's streak is over, but she's still a badass. She's still the charismatic badass in the ring that she's always been and I'm happy that WWE has kept with that.

Carmella - I don't care what some might say, I dig Carmella. She's a personality driven heel who's fun in her current role and it works for her. In my opinion, what Carmella is missing is an enforcer, someone to sorta take up the slack a bit considering that Carmella's chief weakness is that she doesn't come off as a "serious" threat.

I decided to leave out NXT and just focus on the main roster.

13. Garak

Garak Occasional Pre-Show

He did, at least once, but yes, it was exceedingly rare. This would have been around the time of the original WrestleMania (can't place it as to whether before or after, though), and it was Hogan against AJ Petruzzi, a jobber of the day. Of course, it was the usual Hogan match, with even the jobber getting in more offence than he would in his normal televised match against JYD or Superfly or Tito Santana, followed by Hulking up, no selling, leg drop, and a three count.

That's the exception that proves the rule. That's the only one I can think of ever having happened. The only other time I can think of a match with Hogan on the Saturday show in the day was teaming with Orndorff against Studd and Bundy when Orndorff turned on him again, but that was later.

14. MWRedskins

MWRedskins Mid-Card Championship Winner

there are many positives (most on smackdown).....i will say a few then get to my favorite....1) Rollins' wrestling....2) Daniel Bryan in the ring....3) nice tag team work on smackdown....3) the US title picture lately.....4) calling up Almas....5) Braun Strowman....6) Owens and Zayn's in ring work (not booking, just in the ring). 7) Miz's booking

but to me the BEST thing WWE has done positively is their booking of Samoa Joe. on RAW he was at best a 4th best monster type wrestler. he could've moved up the card and held the Universial title, now on Smackdown he's the dominate guy who can cut promos, but isnt overused with his promos. Samoa Joe has the potential to a great WWE World Champion and i hope he holds this title multiple times in his career, that's how much of a fan i have became of his and it's clear that TNA really screwed up with his booking.

LibSuperstar likes this.
  15. Spencesc11

Spencesc11 Getting Noticed By Management

Best 3 Things they're doing

1) Smackdown Live - They definitely got the better of Raw in the Shakeup and have so many different directions they can go with the singles and tag division. Women's division is solid to with Carmella, Charlotte, Asuka, Becky, etc...
    2) Allowing Rollins to shine and not keeping him under Reigns. Rollins has exploded lately and they haven't held him back so that is nice to see.
    3) Women's division as a whole. Both brands have solid storylines and solid matches. The Female Revolution is alive and well in the WWE!!!

16. MWRedskins

MWRedskins Mid-Card Championship Winner

Agree here....mostly though with the main event scene and midcard and tag team.

The women's division needs work, mostly because Carmella (while a great talker) needs MAJOR work in the ring, however Charlotte is great, Asuka is always amazing and Becky is great in the ring, but needs a heel turn in the worst way. turn her heel and see her face Charlotte and Asuka and that would be greatness in the ring...in fact, i'd have Asuka beat Carmella...then have a re-match with Charlotte and Asuka where Becky gets involved and cashes in the case on Asuka....now i doubt that'll happen, but it would be instant heat to interrupt a great match like that.

the main event scene has so much complelling and interesting things happening. will Nakamura win the world title...if he doesnt, does he chase Hardy for the US title?? if AJ retains, will Joe cash in a case on him that night?? when will Samoa Joe be the world champion and how awesome will he and his matches as champion be....Bryan vs. Miz will be great when it's time to go that route. Almas will likely dominate the midcard and eventually chase or win the us title. and i havent gotten to the tag teams.

17. Messiah

Messiah WWE Champion

Dude, this feud is over and it's known as the worst feud of the year so far... WWE needs more fans like you who are entertained over anything.. There was never a slow burn, they just didn't know where the fuck this feud was headed so they dropped it.

18. shooter_mcgavin

shooter_mcgavin Mid-Card Championship Winner

Branding themselves and making stock holders happy. That's pretty much it sadly, at times, its at the expense of the actual wrestling product.