Rock and Austin
The Hardys
The MITBs
Shawn Michaels
The Undertaker at Manias
The Second Generation Superstars
Christian dominants everything second tier

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

Looking back, comparing 10 years of wrestling and which wrestler(s) have had the best go at it each and every week or that one night of the year, where those wrestlers rise to the occasion, I have to think of one man really for this decade.

John Cena missed the first bit of the decade, spending time in OVW, then coming to the WWE where he has been on a tear ever since. He first faced Angle, and was made to look like silver, but after massive title reigns, a never die attitude, he is the gold performer of the decade.

My Vote is for the guy I named Wrestler of the Decade: Shawn Michaels. It is a fact: Nobody, NOBODY out performs HBK in the ring, and really, isn't that what truly matters? I have posted this list on other threads, but I think it bares repeating here:

Unsanctioned Match with HHH (Summerslam 2002)
First Elimination Chamber (Survivor Series 2002)
Three Stages of Hell with HHH (Armageddon 2002)
vs Chris Jericho (WrestleMania 19)
Last Man Standing Match vs HHH (Royal Rumble 2003)
Triple Threat vs HHH and Beniot (Wrestlemania 20)
Hell in a Cell Match vs HHH (Badd Blood 2003)
Team Austin vs Team Bischoff (Survivor Series 2003)
vs Kurt Angle (Wrestlemania 21)
vs Shelton Benjamin (Raw) (Who will ever forget that Super Kick at the end!?)
vs McMahon (Wrestlemania 22)
The God Match (Backlash 2006)
Hell In A Cell vs The McMahons & Big Show
The Royal Rumble Match 2007 (I will always believe that the ending to that match with HBK and Taker going at it for I believe to be 10 minutes will always be one of the three best endings to a Rumble ever)
vs John Cena (WrestleMania 23 & The Hour Long Match in London)
vs Ric Flair (WrestleMania 24)
His entire Feud with Chris Jericho in 2008
vs Undertaker (Wrestlemania 25)
Submission Match vs The Legacy (Breaking Point 2009)

That is just a small sample of the memorable matches that HBK has put on in the last 8 years. Matches that are etched into your mind the moment you see them. Matches that we still talk about to this day. If that isn't the definition of the performance of the decade, IDK what is.

Performance or performer? Like Ric Flair's performance at the 1992 Rumble over Hulk Hogan being performer of that decade?

I'll go with performance, because I've already posted in the wrestler of the decade thread and it's basically the same. Performance of the decade, in my eyes, was Cena vs. The Great Khali at Judgment Day 2007. Not a brilliant match, but a brilliant performance by John Cena. I could probably come up with a better example given some, y'know drive or general intrest, but I can't be bothered.

I voted Jericho, although HBK is a very close second. I don't think anyone's been more consistent in their quality than these two but I feel as though Jericho outdid HBK by just a hair

I voted for Shawn Michaels as the performance of the decade. He has always been one of the best and ever since his return in 2002, he has out-performed everyone for the rest of the decade. HBK gets my vote because he can put on an entertaining match and feud with just about anybody.

I'm going to go with the Rock, and his performance at WrestleMaina X7. I thought it was probably one of his best matches. It was a great war between him and Austin that last 30 minutes. Rocky put everything into this match and sold everything amazingly. The drama that was built between these two men that night was amazing. How no matter what Austin did he couldn't put Rock down for the three, because of Rocky's determination to keep the belt. Rock's face when he had Austin in the sharpshooter was priceless as he had dawned the crimson mask. It really was an amazing performance IMO.

I like alot of guys on this list like Jericho, HBK, Rock & Austin, but I have to admit this has been John Cena's decade. He hasn't been active for 10 years, but for most of the decade he's been at the top of the WWE every week. Love him or hate him, most fall in the latter, he's one of if not the biggest draws The Evil Empire has.

There is one wrestler on that list I would pay huge amounts of money to see. There is one wrestler on that list I feel hasn't had a bad match this decade. There is one wrestler on that list who can draw me in completely to his promos. There is one man on that list who has, beyond all sense, made me believe he had a chance to defeat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Shawn Michaels has given the performance of the decade and he's done it countless times. My excitement at watching a Shawn Michaels promo or match can be matched by no other - why? Because he always delivers. It's no secret he's my favourite wrestler of all time, and this is why.

Vote Shawn Michaels.

My performance of the decade would be Angle vs. Benoit in 2003. This was a flawless match by both performers and the psychology and the intensity was top notch. They went move for move and the captivated the crowd for every minute. Benoit showed that he could hang with the best and really broke through for some people. This was the best title match I've ever seen and I believe one of the best in history.

I don't get this. What is the difference between this and match/wrestler of the decade? Anyway, I'll go with Cena. The thing he always get criticized about is his in ring ability, which is pretty good. As a performer, he's absolutely amazing. Always over with the crowd. Way over. The whole period of time after he came back to win the Rumble was just excellent. Each and every time he came out to the ring for any reason, the crowd went nuts and I was glued to my TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back