Parts Unknown Region, Second Round: (7) Midnight Express vs. (26) Fabulous Kangaroos

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Midnight Express

• Fabulous Kangaroos

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Parts Unknown Region. It's a standard tag team match held.....uh......somewhere.

survivorpu.jpg

tumblr_m6enplvJh61r4ocu1o1_500.jpg

7. Midnight Express

Vs.

BarendRogers.jpg

26. Fabulous Kangaroos

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for FOUR days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

This is a tough comparison. I've seen the Kangaroos in old tapes, but it's just so damned hard to compare them to a team you watched week after week. I know people have told me the Kangaroos basically WERE tag team wrestling during the 50s and 60s and that has to count for something. But at the end of the day, I'm going with what I know. The Midnight Express were probably the best tag team in the NWA during the 80s, and that's against some stiff competition.

Winners: The Midnight Express

Here's where time and age play a part in the tournament. The Kangaroos could very well be good enough to advance to the late rounds of this tournament. I've heard about them but have never seen them. Just going by what I've heard was enough to give them a respect vote over The Smoking Gunns. As weak as it sounds I don't want to put The Midnight Express out of this tournament in favor of a team I'm so unfamiliar with.

Here's where time and age play a part in the tournament.

Well, at least I have the age. Costello was a great wrestler in his day. Heffernan was a great wrestler. Though I saw later versions of the 'Roos, Al Costello was the constant. 45 years in the business, and his finest work was the 'Roos. Nobody got the reactions they did. Many a night they riled a crowd up to want to kill them.

The Midnights had some great matches, with Cornette as the mouthpiece. Though this team did well in the late 80's, they pale in comparison to the Condrey-led teams. This would have been a spectacular match if it was Eaton/Condrey. This is still a good match, but the 'Roos insanity would have prevailed in this match. Winner: The 'Roos.

The Midnight Express won their first NWA World Tag Team belt over the Brainbusters... one of the favorites in this entire tournament.

Although the Fake Aussie's were tough as hell, ME knew how to win and win a lot. Name a tag team worth a damn in the NWA and they beat them. Also can't forget about Cornette at ringside. That damn racket, along with a Rocket Launcher would be enough for a 3-count.

I do anticipate ME taking a stiff beating from the 'Roos after the match, ending in bloodshed and charges being filed... and them being deported... even though neither of them were actual Australians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back