Parts Unknown Region, First Round: (23) Sting and Lex Luger vs. (42) Fantastics

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Sting and Lex Luger

• Fantastics

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Parts Unknown Region. It's a standard tag team match held.....uh......somewhere.

survivorpu.jpg

Sting-Lex-Luger.jpg

23. Sting and Lex Luger

Vs.

03.jpg

42. Fantastics

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for THREE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

Sting and Luger were a casual on and off tag team throughout their tenure together in WCW. Being two of the top singles stars in the promotion, they were naturally booked as a strong tag team as well. Keep in mind though, that they were just a casual tag team.

The Fantastics on the other hand, were a full time tag team, who had good success in the pretty boy's who were actually pretty tough as well gimmick. Anyone who's unfamiliar with them should look up their matches with the Sheepherders. It's amazing stuff.

That all being said, they would have been booked to lose to Sting and Luger. When they had a run together in the same promotion, Sting and Luger were booked to win the Crockett Cup, while the Fantastics helped carry the card in an amazing series with the Midnights for the second tier, US Tag team titles.

I absolutely think that the Fantastics were the better TAG TEAM, but they would have done the honors for Sting/Luger

Sting and Luger were a casual on and off tag team throughout their tenure together in WCW. Being two of the top singles stars in the promotion, they were naturally booked as a strong tag team as well. Keep in mind though, that they were just a casual tag team.

The Fantastics on the other hand, were a full time tag team, who had good success in the pretty boy's who were actually pretty tough as well gimmick. Anyone who's unfamiliar with them should look up their matches with the Sheepherders. It's amazing stuff.

That all being said, they would have been booked to lose to Sting and Luger. When they had a run together in the same promotion, Sting and Luger were booked to win the Crockett Cup, while the Fantastics helped carry the card in an amazing series with the Midnights for the second tier, US Tag team titles.

I absolutely think that the Fantastics were the better TAG TEAM, but they would have done the honors for Sting/Luger

This. All this and more.

The Fantastics were easily the better team, but absolutely no promoter would ever have booked them to go over Sting and Luger here.

Not too crazy about Sting & Luger in this tournament as they were big singles stars that occasionally teamed together. They teamed enough to get in the tournament but I'm probably not going to support them against some of the better teams. No disrespect to the Fantastics but I agree with the posters above. Sting & Luger would not be booked to drop a first round match to them. The Fantastics are good opponents for Sting & Luger to go over in a good match but this might be the only victory they get.

Sting mark here. The Sting/Luger team was only a true team for brief periods so I won't vote them out of this round. The Fantastics deserve a lot more love than they get.

The first time Luger and Sting teamed? 1988? Result? Jim Crockett, Sr. Memorial Cup Tag Team Tournament winners. Not a bad result for the first time teaming together right? Well, let's continue this frame of thought and why I think Luger and Sting should not only be in this tournament but a darkhorse.

Teams these two have beat in their short run include, the midnight express, the brainbusters, harlem heat, and I believe they are undefeated against the favorites in this tourney the Road Warriors.

Sting and Luger may not have had the runs many of these teams did but when they were together they were dominate and no way to the Fantastics even have a chance.

I wanted to run this by as well but it won't let me edit again so I have to do it here, A major advantage sting and luger have in this tourney in my opinion is they never were beat cleanly to my knowledge, and the fact that when they were champions Luger was a Heel and sting was a face. Meaning that they are the one team to my knowledge that would beat you clean or dirty without a problem. If they needed a dirty win Luger would do what it took. But they were also almost basically impossible to beat cleanly. Luger and Sting should be seen as a legit threat here. Not just a fly by night team with no chance. They have tourney success, and beat some of the best teams ever. Hardly an easy out

Sting and Luger were a very underrated tag team. It's been mentioned already that Luger and Sting hold wins over a lot of great tag teams in this event, such as Arn and Tully, Midnight Express, Harlem Heat, the Steiner Brothers, Doom, and the list could go on and on.

They were great as real life friends and even better as a tag team. Don't sleep on them in this tournament.

Sting and Luger worked as a team on and off for 15 years. I think they deserve to be recognized as a team in their own right.

The Fantastics, while a great team, were great in the lower leagues at a time when tag wrestling was a draw in it's own right. Because they never carried any sway in the big leagues, I have to believe that they would have been an easy passage for the former 'Dudes With Attitude'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back