Original v. Cover: Good Times Bad Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
This is another one of those lesser-known classics by Led Zeppelin. Like Dancing Days, everyone knows it, but few people remember the name, or even the song, unless they're listening to it. Godsmack remade this song for their Greatest Hits album, and I think they did a pretty good job. I'll save judgment for after the videos.

The Original:

The Cover:

I'm a huge fan of Godsmack, I'm sure I've said this before. But, like any other band that covers Zeppelin, you just can't out-do the original. I love their version, and listen to it often, but it's not even close to being as great as Zeppelin.

Unfortunately, the video is disabled for embedding, so here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKbsh-fjDbQ

Now when I first heard the cover by Godsmack, I was impressed. And I am not the biggest Godsmack fan myself, and still enjoyed it. Did not touch the original, then again, I am a massive Zeppelin mark. But sometimes I think bands just want to cover the song to show respect to it, and that is exactly what Godsmack did, they respected the original here, so I like it.

I'm not a big fan of Godsmack either, outside of a few of their earlier singles, but their cover is very good.

That said, we're talking about Led Zeppelin here. Unless Godsmack manage to send orgasms through out my brain with their rendition, they simply won't compare. Zeppelin owns this song forever and it's not even close. It helps that this was the first Zeppelin song I heard as a kid and how I fell in love with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back