Older Talent Working Developmental

whoopin' ass

Championship Contender
The thread about Ziggler and Billy Gunn got me thinking and why is there not more older talent working developmental like FCW? The one excuse for having older guys on the Raw and Smackdown rosters is so they can help elevate the new guys that come in. Wouldn`t it make more sense to have them at someplace like FCW? That way, they can work with talent before they hit either of the main shows, therefore making them look a lot better than they would otherwise. You can`t have 2 new guys working together and expect them to progess the same way as if you had them each working with established talent who could tell them right away what they are doing right and wrong. Plus, it gives you a little star power for their shows. Maybe Billy Gunn isn`t a big deal anymore in WWE but have him in FCW, it is a name people know. Am I nuts here or is anyone else confused why?

well WWE do send some of their stars down to FCW to work a date every now and then and they do have some awesome minds down there such as Dusty Rhodes to help the younger gen out a bit.

But yeah it probably would be a good idea but remember that the vast majority of wrestlers have this idea that if they are not on tv then they are being underused or overlooked and there would not be many relevant veterans that would be willing to work for a glorified indy fed.

Guys like Dusty Rhodes, William Regal, Ricky Steamboat, and Bill Demot are always down there. They work with them behind the scenes. It makes no sense for them to work actual matches.

What about retired or permanently injured wrestlers? Like the Ric Flairs and the Edges of the world, they could have a lot of use working developmental while on a legends contract and teach the young guns about the nuances. Hell, if WWE sets it up so that the legends move down their permanently with their families, they can get settled in and become minor league managers.

I would argue these legends should have a bit of TV time as an on-screen character (if they're there, why not use them to push an angle or two), but never wrestle - that's the point of no return for some wrestlers.

All of this stuff does already happen. It is all mostly behind the scenes so its not always clear who is being helped by who or who is doing what.

I would hope to god that Regal and HBK continue their training of young talent because.... well look at Daniel Bryan I SAID LOOK AT HIM DAMN YOU!!!!!

I think this is a good idea because I mean you would get a lot of vetrans who would agree to do it because the pay would be better than the pay they earn on the indy / non-wwe scene. I think a number of guys who would be good working with the fcw roster include; Tatanka, Billy Gunn, Funaki, Gangrel, Ron Simmons, etc..... This would not only teach them the WWE style it would freshen up the roster with guys that are going to look good when they come up and aren't going to get cut for stupid reasons like botching spots and it can also give them times to work on their gimmicks with guys who had developed gimmicks.

Like others have mentioned, FCW has vets working with the talents behind the scenes.

I don't think it makes much sense to book vets in tv taping matches, because for every match you put a vet in, you're taking an opportunity from a young talent to work a television match.

So with that said, it's best to keep the vets working with guys behind the scenes and the actual matches be between up and comers.

FCW has alot of veteran talent ones already mentioned and also Norman Smiley and Joey (or now Joseph) Mercury also working with the talent. Steve Keirn oversees it all, and they also have Dr Tom Pritchard who I didn't see mentioned. There is talent that comes in but they already have a great nucleus for training the talent they have.

I actually think the Outlaws would be a tremendous addition to the WWE Tag Team scene.

Hear me out...

They're looking to rebuild, and rebuilding takes a while. Sticking a pair like The Outlaws back in instantly gives the scene some credibility (EVEN if you don't know these guys) because they're great workers (let's face it, they're never been high risk. They can work a very similar style that they did 15 years ago, which would be much to WWE's delight) and most importantly, can talk.

Perfect heels to get the faces over. Plus, there's some nice options if this is done sooner rather than later (Miz/Truth 'conspiracy' - friends of Triple H, of course). They only have to have a small run with the belts. Some may argue that it's "not giving the younger guys a chance", when actually, if you think about it, it's quite the opposite.

Those guys would be pretty honoured to work with such guys as The Dudleys and NAO. Dudleys left on good terms with the WWE, so I see no reason why Vince/Trips arn't getting on the phone to those four.

I also would have thought that they'd be more than happy to jump ship and cash in some nice paycheques on the grand stage.

Finally, it's a great way of teaching the next generation of tag teams just how to work. There's no denying that the NAO and Dudleys were massive draws in the Tag division.

Can you imagine how cool the Outlaws entrance would be now after all those years? And how many cruel angles they could do to get the faces over? Just think NAO/Cactus & Funk feud.

Food for thought.

Selby

Guys like Dusty Rhodes, William Regal, Ricky Steamboat, and Bill Demot are always down there. They work with them behind the scenes. It makes no sense for them to work actual matches.

okay, for those guys it makes no sense but what about others? both billy gunn and road dogg went to tna. wouldn't wwe/fcw pay them at least as well to work there, train guys and work tv tapings? for some guys, yeah it makes no sense and they can be put to a better use behind the scenes but i think wwe is missing the boat for other guys. even if you call it an indy promotion, wwe could make it a top indy promotion. and with the new wwe channel coming next year, a weekly show from there with some names would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back