[Official] WZT Prediction Contest

Looking at the top 10 it seems as though Ming is going to flying out into the lead with 7 out of the final 8 predicted correctly. (no-one picked Lou Thesz to go over Austin that I've seen - that guy could devastate the top ten in the next few rounds if he continues on his current tear.)

Prediction for top 5 after round 4:

1-Ming
2-SavageTaker
3-Skillz
4-Shotaro (me!)
5-Stormtrooper

Also, rather impressively, Ming has dropped just 39 points in the entire tournament so far, with a theoretical maximum of 409, comparatively people who picked say, Steve Austin to go to the final (like myself) that pick has cost you 56 points (unless you had him to win, which then skyrockets it to 120 points lost - if you winner is out you're pretty fucked to be honest - unless of course Lou Thesz takes out Punk and then either Rock or Sting, in which case this is still anyone's game to win. For the sake of keeping this competition competitive VOTE THESZ!)

Well, my bracket is dead. And I was in fourth place too! But since I can't get any more points after this round, and I only got one match right...that's that.

I'll be honest, barring a Randy Savage vs Lou Thesz final with Savange winning I'm out of the race soon too. I got five of the final eight, but I had SCSA being runner up of the whole thing. I'm amazed Thesz went over there, considering the volume of BRING BACK TEH ATTITUDE ERA threads we see

Ming's pretty much sealed it unless the rock loses to Sting

Full Fourth Round Results have been plugged in. Here is the current positioning.

Top 10
(Full Rankings can be found on the bracket hosting site)

347tzqu.png

Ming to win it all?

I've had a good run, but 4 is my peak I reckon, barring any tectonic shifts in the Sting vs Rock or Taker vs Savage matches all four of my semi finalists are going out, or out already (I had HBK, Savage, Sting and Stone Cold going to the final four - Sting was dumb but I thought HBK and SCSA would go over Punk and Cena.) I had Savage down to win it all. Oh well. Good luck to everyone (except Ming)

Full Fifth Round Results have been plugged in. Here is the current positioning.

Top 10

jhgfp1.png

Final Verdict

This is a tricky round. The final two are worth 64 points each for each correct guess, and choosing the winner is worth 128. Only three competitors can win: Skillz, Rattlesnake, and Dimitri. Ming will drop due to choosing Randy Savage in the final match against the rock. Skillz chose Cena to advance and Rattlesnake chose The Undertaker. Dimitri may steal the competition from his current ranking of #17. Lou Thesz needs to win in order for him to steal the tournament.

I made the Top 10, nice. I wasn't expecting Cena to beat Hogan, so I'll sure that hurt my bracket, but I had at least 5 of the Top 8. I had Rock vs Hogan in the finals but I'm sure Rock will still win even if he's facing Cena.

Some of the matches were difficult to choose in the later regions because of the unpredictability of the gimmick matches. I remember Kane beating Bret hart in a First Blood match one year, and Vader riding the gimmick matches to a quarterfinal finish another year.

Full Fifth Round Results have been plugged in. Here is the current positioning.

Top 10

2zoj5vk.png

Looks to be done folks

It looks like Skillz is our champion in-waiting. All he needs is for the final round to pass. No person will be able to up-heave him by any means, unless there is something that I am not calculating right.

Final Rankings in the tournament.

Final Top 10

15yxf2x.png

This one is in the books

Congrats to the top ten and Skillz for winning the whole thing. I'll notify KB about the official results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back