Official WWE Network: Issues, Reviews, News And Notes *Spam Rules Apply!*

I don't miss Chris Benoit. I have no desire to watch anything he is in, I didn't like him that much when he wrestled in the first place.

I was just curious to see what happen if I typed his name in because there were rumblings about whether or not he would be in anything on the Network.

How am I being a troll?

Seriously, we don't care anymore. Congratulations to you that you knew how to type "Chris Benoit" into a search engine.

To avoid spamming, I did enjoy Benoit's matches and wish that what he did didn't happen so WWE would acknowledge his existence. Unfortunately , it happened.

To everyone that has nothing better to do than post about how you miss Chris Benoit or I searched for him blah blah blah. Please stop being a troll

I wondered myself if you could search for him, but it seems like you can't. I had no idea and now I know. So I'm glad this thread was made. Not sure why you're being so rude about all of this, but it's none of my business.

The first day I had the network, I was curious and typed it in and his name came up for me. I had watched mania xx a few weeks ago as I haven't seen it since being there and it was odd watching him in action as I haven't seen a match of his since the raw tribute

I enjoyed Benoit in his time but I honestly can't watch his matches without remembering his demise. Watch Owen Hart matches instead. That's what I'll do.

March 3 is tomorrow and still no go on my XBOX. It works fine on my phone and computer but still not working on my XBOX. Tomorrow is the day they said it would be fixed by

The only thing I'm concerned about is the live streaming. After watching NXT and having all the buffering and timing out issues, I'm a little worried about WM. The replays and all are working great but with the enormous audience that WM brings I'm thinking that buying it separate from the Network will be a safer bet.

After Week 1 of WWE Network, I can say that for me it was pretty much a success. I don't blame WWE for the Xbox issues, but it's still a bummer. I don't blame them for the buffering problems that occured [for me] within the first few days either. It's new and there are going to be bugs on these things. These were some nuisances that didn't bother me too much, because after a while my playbacks started to work better.

For starters, I want to say that I love the fact that a lot of PPVs are available for watch already. I believe that some WCW PPVs might be missing, but I'm probably wrong. I didn't watch much of WCW, so I can't really say. I know that a lot of Raw and Smackdown shows pre-Ruthless Aggression Era are missing. To me, that's a bummer because I wanted to go back and watch some old Smackdown shows.

I also noticed that Saturday Night's Main Event, Heat, Velocity, and other shows aren't on there either. Would be nice to see them come back. WWE's ECW is also missing. Oh well, WWE Network is here for a while and we can't expect WWE to put all of their cookies out at once.

As for the PPVs, I really have enjoyed watching WCW PPVs. I started with Greed, the last WCW PPV to air I do believe and I have to admit that it's sad that WCW didn't try to push new talent sooner. I really enjoyed Jason Jett vs. Kwee-Wee. That top rope double counter will probably be a great clip to put into some "sick bumps" Youtube Compilation.

I'm looking forward to getting on WWE Network before and after Raw this week to see what they do for the Pre-Show and Post Show.

Overall though, WWE Network for me has run pretty smooth. The kinks are being worked on, and hopefully Microsoft will get their shit together sooner rather than later so I can watch WM on my television. But I could just borrow my friend's PS3... If I have to give the first impression a star rating, I'd give it a four. It's not perfect, but it really is something that I would love see expanded on.

Maybe they can add in some AWA, USWA, WCCW, and old NWA footage. So that the young generation [myself included] can watch some classic wrestling.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the live streaming. After watching NXT and having all the buffering and timing out issues, I'm a little worried about WM. The replays and all are working great but with the enormous audience that WM brings I'm thinking that buying it separate from the Network will be a safer bet.

Please calm down and try to keep in mind that this is still new and that WrestleMania is still 5 weeks away. I'm pretty sure that NXT was done as a test run and tomorrow's Main Event broadcast will probably be another one to work out the final kinks and whatnot. Personally, I didn't have much problem with NXT so I can't really say much. But it was NXT, and if I remember correctly, they use Full Sail students there. So an actual team like for Main Event could [and most likely will] be different.

.... Fall in love with pro wrestling all over again?

Definitely has for me, seeing so many matches I've heard about but never got to see, plus some old favourites of mine. It's made me appreciate the art of storytelling in the ring all over again.

Plus I appreciate Kurt Angle 10000000x more than I did at the time in WWE I'm almost ashamed to say. The bloke never had a bad match.

Flipping back and forth through time, it makes you realise that the wrestling world evolves much quicker than your realise at the time especially in the WWE. Post Hogan there were new guys main eventing constantly, and runs of Bret Hart, HBK pre injury, Austin, Rock were only a few years. Makes you realise the lack of evolution in the past decade is a factor (along with the piss poor booking) in fans losing interest.

Anyway, forget all my observations. Just answer my original question lol.

Flipping back and forth through time, it makes you realise that the wrestling world evolves much quicker than your realise at the time especially in the WWE. Post Hogan there were new guys main eventing constantly, and runs of Bret Hart, HBK pre injury, Austin, Rock were only a few years. Makes you realise the lack of evolution in the past decade is a factor (along with the piss poor booking) in fans losing interest.

Anyway, forget all my observations. Just answer my original question lol.

I'm glad someone noticed this. Back in the Attitude Era, show had a lot more content and things evolved a lot faster. If you watch a Raw in January of 99, another in July of 99 and another in December of 99, it will be a completely different product each time with wayyyyy different things going on. More significant events happened per show, and each show mattered. Relevant things happened on Smackdown and Heat that pertained to story development. You don't have to watch Superstars or Smackdown to keep up with wrestling nowadays. In fact, if you just watched every other Raw, you would still be on track with the story lines. In the older days, missing a week meant missing a lot.

I have loved flipping to favs like Kurt Angle v Shan-o-mac.... TLC 1 and 2.... Hogan going Hollywood bash at the beach..... WM17.... Every Jericho moment.... so many things I've watched.... and so many still to re-watch Razor v HBK the next on the list.

I would really love more episodes of Raw to be available along with some Nitro episodes..... that would be my #1 request of it all. Maybe an easier search function too....

And yes Kurt is even better re-watching now than I remember.

I'm glad someone noticed this. Back in the Attitude Era, show had a lot more content and things evolved a lot faster. If you watch a Raw in January of 99, another in July of 99 and another in December of 99, it will be a completely different product each time with wayyyyy different things going on. More significant events happened per show, and each show mattered. Relevant things happened on Smackdown and Heat that pertained to story development. You don't have to watch Superstars or Smackdown to keep up with wrestling nowadays. In fact, if you just watched every other Raw, you would still be on track with the story lines. In the older days, missing a week meant missing a lot.

Agree. Just look at The Undertaker from early 98 to late 2000. Huge evolution. Look at Angle over three years from goofy jock to the gum shield intensity.

Everything about the product was fast paced, and it makes me wonder that in such a fast paced world that we live in today with the speed of internet and tv why he WWE isn't moving even faster than it did back then, give us a 'blink and you miss it' show.

There's still a lot of issues on the playstation 3 still. Everything is fine on my ipad as of now and PC I never tried, but would prolly never use it on there.

PS3 still lags a lot, freezes every 10 seconds, especially when you skip to a certain match, and when you skip, the loading spinning circle thing stays on and doesn't go away, even when it's playing for the 10 seconds it does without freezing.

Absolutely it has. I'm obsessed with wrestling again. Not only is the current product (wrestling wise) pretty damn good but going back and watching so many of my favorite matches from years past has really just set my obsession over the edge. I kinda feel like I did back in the early 90s except now me and my friends are always thinking and talking about stuff we watched on the network.

I think that's another reason ratings were so high. Every episode was a "must see". If you didn't see it, you were out of the loop. Hell sometimes I'd watch Raw and Smackdown and be a little confused over something I missed on Heat. When you have your C show feature Undertaker, Kane, Rock and some other top talents in a one hour show, that's best for business. I remember, I would turn on Raw and always have the time of my life. Never a bad episode. Now it's kind of dull at moments. For instance, I'll watch something from 98-99 and have to see the next episode and can waste a day watching them. When I was deployed I had my room mate down load and send me all the Raws leading to Mania and Mania itself. I watched them, and had the remaining Raws downloaded and waiting for me at home. So I come home from living the boring desert life, unable to drink, to several cases of beer and 3.5 months of post Mania Raws. I thought to myself, "This is going to be the most amazing thing ever. I can sit down and rest my injuries while drinking delicious ass beer watching wrestling from sun up to sun down. Then it turned out to be really repetitive and became a chore. Although I did dscover the Wyatts through this period.

It's not even that WWE needs new talent, they just need to book things happening. INstead of this whole "next week, so and so superstar is going to come out and talk about what they are going to do the following week" type of booking. A good example is Orton attacking Cena's dad. So they have a match, Cena gets pinned after the Wyatts interfering no less, but the feud ends. So he had a chance at being champ, but accepts the loss and doesn't even call out the Wyatts? And wait, what about his dad who was hospitalized? Being pinned to 3 just made him not care? If this feud happened in the late 90s, you would have seen Orton running away after the attack, and Cena returning ripping through the locker room in search of Orton, beating up heels. The thing with Orton getting away in the car was decent, but there should have been way more back and forth and them really beating the crap out of each other. Go on youtube and look up: Triple H vs Undertaker Wrestlemania 17 promo. That is how a feud needs to be built.

Gonna have to say yes. Once I realized I could watch everything from the comfort of not only my own room, but also from the convenience of my own PC (and laptop if I travel and have wi-fi somewhere)...it was a no-brainer. At $10/month, any schmo with so much as a Temporary job (yep, that's me!) can easily afford this service on top of whatever else they may have.

I can't stress enough how awesome it is to have the ability to watch EVERY PPV from the big 3 in my free time. NXT Arrival was monumental, IMO, even though the stream cut out as Tyler Breeze entered the ring, heh. They showed it again later...several times. While the stream (live or archived) is nowhere near perfect yet, I think the techies will have plenty of time to work on it and hopefully get most of the kinks worked out by the time Wrestlemania 30 airs.

So yah...highly recommended for ANY wrestling fan; doesn't matter if you're hardcore, casual, IWC (me again!), or a complete mark...this Network is absolutely everything you could want (minus Indy shows, Japanese wrestling, and as of yet they haven't uploaded many old RAW/SD/Heat/Nitro/ECW TV shows...who knows though)!

I'm definitely in love. It's a dream come true to be able to watch any PPV I want, when I want. Just need to see them add more RAWs, Nitros, Clash of the Champions, and Saturday Nights Main Event.

Well they finally fixed it on XBOX. It is now working and other than a small buffering problem it is working great.

QUESTION for fellow XBOXERS: where is the search feature? I can't find it.

Is anybody else completely locked out of WWE Network now?

I watched WWE Network fine last night (on my Roku)but this morning I tried to watch and for some reason it wanted me to log on again when I never logged out. I put in my username and password then I got the "unexpected error" message and then it told me my username and password were wrong(I know it was right). Then to try to figure out what was going on I went on wwe.com and when I try to click on my username in the corner to view my account information it takes me to a page that says "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable"

The app could use a little work on 360 but it's a good starting point. I still hope we eventually get the option to cycle cameras. They could even make it a premium feature and charge a little extra for it. They could call it "Directors Chair" or something along those lines.

I hear people talking about Raws and Nitros from the late 90's on the network but I see only 2 Raws from 98 and no Nitros. Am I missing something or is there a way to search for these shows? I'm on the PS3 btw

Well, I finally broke down and signed up for the Network. Watched it a little bit on Sat. On PS3 watched NXT Arrival with no problems. Tried to watch an older Armaggedon PPV and it froze up a couple of times but I was able to watch all of it. Then tried to watch the live stream and got an error and could not watch it.

Tried to watch the live stream using my Roku and it worked fine. Odd. Anyway, it should continue to get better and better. The real point for me is being able to watch the PPVs lives or the next night so we'll see how that goes. If that works alright with no issues, I'll be happy. Definitely worth th $10 a month.

I am having a few issues with the network and I was wondering if anyone here has the same issues and has gone through any steps to correct them.

The first and biggest issue is that I have been charged twice for the network.

I signed up through paypal on Feb 27 and upon sign up, even though I did the free trial option I was immediately charged anyway, this was a huge annoyance, but ultimately only about a 2.50 loss on my end, so instead of spending a ton of time dealing with customer support I decided to just eat the money, but on March 6th I was charged a second time, so now I have paid 20 dollars for the network and I have had it for about 12 days.

Secondly, I use my Roku 3 to watch the network, and unlike a great deal of people I primarily got the network not for old wrestling shows but for all the great other content that WWE puts out since I highly enjoy their documentary series. Things like Legends of Wrestling, beyond the ring, etc... Well everytime I try to watch any Wrestlemania Rewind it completely crashes the app and brings my Roku back to its home screen, this is annoying because thats why I have the channel.

I made a 6 month agreement to pay for the product i feel like WWE should have made an equal agreement to provide the product completely and effectively and I am not a happy customer at this point.

Was it just me or was the one week "trial" just full of suck? I don't want to go back and re-watch the past 3 years.... I can get that on Youtube or their best of RAW/Smackdown collections. It seemed like the only thing they really had was for the past 3 years. There was maybe 5 episodes from the Attitude Era and really nothing before that. As for the billing setup.... sure it's 9.99 per month and you are automatically locked in for 6 months. Sorry not going to happen unless they add a ton more content. There is no excuse for that website to be the mess it is when they knew damn good and well when it was going to brought online.

Honestly WWE Network is worth the money they are asking for. At least not until they add more content and also what they said they were going to add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back