Official WWE Network: Issues, Reviews, News And Notes *Spam Rules Apply!*

They have all the Nitros up until the end of 96 which is great. I really want 97 and 98 though. I wonder how long it will be until the rest are up

They have all the Nitros up until the end of 96 which is great. I really want 97 and 98 though. I wonder how long it will be until the rest are up

Give it until Wrestlemania time when a lot of subscriptions come up again. I'm more interested in ECW content going up to be honest. The TV shows are only up to 1995.

http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork/available-in-uk-nov-3-26767676

As many of you know, WWE Network is coming to the UK, finally.

Im gonna sign up, but I have a couple of questions?

Does the network show repeats of the PPV the next day?

In the UK we are 5-7 hours ahead of you guys in the US (depending in which part of US, you are), the PPVs are shown on Sky Box Office (£14.95) live starting at either 12 midnight or 1am.

As I have to get up for work at 6am everyday, I cannot watch the PPV's live & have to wait until I get home on monday night to watch.

Also, will the UK version of the network be different to the version in the US?

I had Netflix for a couple of months & the UK version had far less content that the US version of netflix, but with a DNS setting change on my XBox One, I managed to get the US version with a UK subscription.

I have looked on WWE.com & googled, but I cannot find much info.

Cheers in advance.

I'm in the UK but honestly I just decided to get the US version because I didn't see how it could possibly be the same as the US version because of WWE's deal with Sky... so why pay the same price for a half-assed product? My personal opinion.

I read somewhere that WWE NETWORK will be the same in the UK as it is in the US. It will be similar to Netflix in the fact it's a website/app and can be downloaded to smart TVs and consoles just like the US...I may be wrong so don't quote me on that. It's just what I read somewhere

As many of you know, WWE Network is coming to the UK, finally.

Im gonna sign up, but I have a couple of questions?

Does the network show repeats of the PPV the next day?

In the UK we are 5-7 hours ahead of you guys in the US (depending in which part of US, you are), the PPVs are shown on Sky Box Office (£14.95) live starting at either 12 midnight or 1am.

As I have to get up for work at 6am everyday, I cannot watch the PPV's live & have to wait until I get home on monday night to watch.

Also, will the UK version of the network be different to the version in the US?

I had Netflix for a couple of months & the UK version had far less content that the US version of netflix, but with a DNS setting change on my XBox One, I managed to get the US version with a UK subscription.

I have looked on WWE.com & googled, but I cannot find much info.

Cheers in advance.

I can't answer most of your questions but I can tell you that I live in Toronto, and we have the watered down version. Mostly it's because of the Canadian Radio and Television Commission (CRTC) who are in total a bunch of douchebags.

We get our's through our cable provider and have a live streaming channel which is the same as the one the US gets, and we have an on demand channel, which doesn't have 75% of what's available. They are downloading more and more each month, so hopefully soon we'll have everything.

I will say that getting it through the cable, we have no problems with lag, which is the biggest problem I'm hearing about from friends who have the US version and stream it. A lot of them bitch and complain about lagging and freezing, for us that's an non issue. I only pay $10.00 a month extra on my cable bill and can cancel at anytime I want. So when you do the conversion from US to Canadian dollars, we are paying less than the $9.99 a month.

The PPV's are available immediately so if you miss it live, it's on the on demand channel immediately, and we get all the shows like Legends House, Total Diva's, and the rest. Also the older PPV's are available and a lot of the Nitro's and documentaries. We also get NXT, Main Event and Superstars, so we do get a lot. The only shows that aren't available right away is RAW and Smackdown. Both of those air in Canada on Sportsnet 360, and in the US on the USA network and Syfy. But we are happy with it so far.

I live in New Zealand where I have full access to the WWE Network and basically the way it works is that as soon as the live PPV has finished it goes straight on the Network on demand where you can watch it anytime you like and anytime it suits you. The WWE Network has a schedule of shows but everything is on demand.

To answer Creepy Old Man I believe that RAW and Smackdown are not streamed live and are only added 2 weeks after that shows has aired. This is because of their television deals with the USA Network and Syfy

Overall, provided that the UK version of the Network is the same as the one that I have and what most of the world has then you shouldn't need to worry about missing PPVs and missing content

Raw and Smackdown definitely are not aired live. I haven't really paid much attention to when those go on because it's rare that I watch them but here in the U.S. the last Raw that has been added is from September 22nd. The last Smackdown that is added is from September 26th. So there is quite a bit of a delay there.

As far as pay per views they are added literally when the live pay per view is over.

And yeah Navi lag is a bitch in the U.S.
Before I got the Network there were streams that ran smoother than what we have right now. That's probably my biggest complaint but not big enough for me to want to cancel or anything.

Great thread. I was also wondering if repeats of Raw and SmackDown are shown and if so, do they have commercial breaks?

They're are repeats on the on demand channel, but like other's have said, there is quite a delay in getting them on. It has something to do with the existing contracts with Syfy, USA network, Sportsnet 360 and any other channel that pays to air them.

I can't honestly remember if there are commercials during the repeats. I don't think so. If there are, it's WWE commercials for other programming not an outside advertiser who is paying for the privilege.

On the commercials

WWE sent an email to Network subscribers apprising them of limited video ads that will now run. Here's the email verbiage:

"Dear WWE Network Subscriber,

Today WWE Network will begin to run limited video advertisements.

Here's what you can expect:

No commercial breaks during scheduled programming
Limited advertising between shows
Occasional advertising before our video-on-demand content.

If you have any questions regarding your subscription, please visit wwe.com/help. Thank you for being a WWE Network subscriber.

WWE Network Support"

Also I forgot to mention that while Total Divas is on the Network at some point after it airs it looks like it still takes a while to find its way onto the Network.

It looks like the latest one on the Network right now is from December 15th, 2013.

Also on the note of the scheduled programs. If they are going to air something that you can already see on the Network you can just hit the watch now button.

For example Monday Night War that aired 10/28/2014 is set to air at 1:00 a.m. eastern time but I can just click the "Watch now" button. They also have a "remind me" button that will remind you when something is going to air. So say RAW Backstage Pass for example. It's scheduled to run Tuesday, November 4th at 2:06 a.m. You can be reminded that it's going to air.

I never really looked at that too much but it doesn't look like it goes too far ahead. Looks like at the most you can see the schedule up to about 2 weeks.

nice one guys, thanks.

Courtesy of WWE.com
Finally! WWE Network available in the UK!
BY WWE.COM STAFFPage 1 of 1October 31, 2014

WWE Network outside U.S.

Directly from WWE, WWE Network will be available for FREE starting Monday, Nov. 3 through the end of the month, including Survivor Series, on Web, iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Go to WWE.com on Monday, Nov. 3 at 8:00 p.m. GMT to sign up. WWE Network will be available to you on other platforms, including Xbox One and Xbox 360, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku streaming devices, and select Smart TVs on Tuesday, Nov. 18 in time for Survivor Series so you can watch on your big screen TV.

Beginning in December, WWE Network will be available for US $9.99 per month with no commitment.

Thank you for your patience in awaiting the WWE Network launch.

I'm gonna have a bit of that.

Id rather pay Vince £6.33 ($9.99) a month for all that content, than pay fucking rip-off Sky TV £14.95 for a 3 hour ppv & £424 a year for Sky Sports just to watch WWE twice a week.

Sky TV have us UK viewers by the short & curlies by putting Raw, SD & NxT on Sky Sports, were as you guys in the US have USA & Syfy on a normal basic cable package.

So the WWE network has been delayed once again in the UK. I'm not happy the way that they only announced 20 minutes before it was due to go live that it is delayed until a later date.

Not the best thing to do a week before the UK tour.

This smells of Sky... They have the PPV deal AND the TV deal, and I am pretty sure the issue is with the "free" aspect of the network.

Sky still want to be able to charge £15 to watch Survivor Series, yet WWE want to give it to people for free. If it had gone ahead, who would have ordered from Sky? No one sensible.. but the issue of course is Sky hold all the cards. I am pretty sure WWE tried to bluff this out but it got to 20 minutes and they realised "They are actually gonna pull RAW tonight if we do it..." without the TV they really are screwed, and knowing Murdoch's evil empire contractually there will be something...

WWE has just killed the Network, it'll never air here now in sufficient numbers cos the fans won't forgive or accept either higher pricing, less of a "free offer" that was already promised or a lesser service after all the issues. Within a month a deal will be done for a dedicated "Sky WWE" channel... Watch the stock crash after this one... it's gonna get messy.

It's not looking too good as far us UK fans getting the network in a legitimate way, as we know there are ways around being able to watch the network as i have figured out at long last but im sure WWE would of rather we were spending our hard earned money into their profits and not SKY'S.

A total farce is one comment i read on Facebook and i have to agree sadly.

A farse is being gentle.

What has happened has proved the pure and utter arrogance and disregard that they have both in regards to the fans and also the tv networks in this case sky. And I have to agree to an extent with thtrob, that the is looks like it's going to get messy.

Who do the wwe think they are? It's as if they thought they were more powerful than tv and it was tv that needed them rather than the other way round....this brought the massive stock plunge through over projections of renegotiated tv deals and a massive backlash from the companies broadcasting the ppv's with the network announcement.

The clear lack of long term planning in regards to creative has seen the actual product at its worst in the last 20 years, and the reducing viewing figures especially in the uk reflect that.

Now to this issue with the network in the uk. The Wwe signed an EXCLUSIVE deal with sky for raw, smackdown and ALL ppv's. It's as simple as that. What the wwe has clearly done is shown absolute contempt and disrespect to the deal they have in the way the uk launch has been deal with. It's as if they tried to go under the radar and be as low key as possible as if sky wouldn't notice. The pulled plug is 100% to do with sky, and I would predict no deal was done between the two and the wwe just went above sky's heads without even consulting them.

Like has already been suggested a nice easy....

"your launching are you? We'll if you do we'll be launching a lawsuit, and you'll have to relaunch your tv shows coz we won't be showing them"

....From the Murdoch corp.

I only had sky sports to watch WWE twice a week.

As im not a sports fan apart from F1 & WRC.

To pay £900 a year for sky basic + sports + PPV, to watch WWE is a complete rip off.

Im thinking we will get the network eventually for the $9.99, but have to pay £14.95 if we want to watch the PPV.

Or we will have to pay twice the $9.99 to get the network.

At the end of the day, as Gail Kim once said:-

Money Talks & Bullshit walks.

The line up for the final live NXT special, NXT Takeover: R Evolution, has been announced and it should be another strong show.

NXT Championship - Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn

During his promo last night, Sami Zayn stated that if he didn't beat Neville for the title, he'll quit NXT. Now, on the surface, it looks like this gives away the ending of the match and, most likely, it probably does. However, there's still a chance of Zayn losing and even if he "quits" NXT, he could pop up in a few weeks or a few months on the main roster. So, technically, he will have "quit" NXT by joining the main roster. However, the odds of that are pretty slim I think, so Zayn wins. It'll still be a helluva match and these two have been in several legit match of the year contenders throughout the year.

NXT Women's Championship: Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks

Charlotte has come a helluva long way in only a couple of years and she's been NXT Women's Champion for about 6 months now. If reports are accurate, Charlotte could be brought up to the main roster pretty soon, possibly even with Ric Flair as her manager. As a result, I think she'll be dropping the title to Sasha Banks in what should be
another strong women's match.

NXT Tag Team Championship: The Lucha Dragons vs. The Vaudevillains

In the grand scheme of things, NXT's tag team picture has probably been its weak point as there haven't been a whole helluva lot of great tag teams come along. However, these two teams are entertaining with a fun contrast in styles. If Vince McMahon wants someone another Luchadore to take Rey Mysterio's spot, I personally think that Kalisto is that guy. While I doubt it'll be on the level of the two singles title matches, it should still be a lotta fun to watch and I don't see the Dragons dropping the straps

Finn Balor & Hideo Itami vs. The Ascension

This should be a good, physical tag team match. The Ascension have been the dominant tag team in NXT for well more than a year while Balor & Itami have been two of the biggest stars in Japan for much of the past decade. Before long, I think all four of them will wind up on the main roster, but I think The Ascension will be there sometime after the first of the year. So, I'm pretty sure they'll be losing the match here as I just don't see Balor & Itami losing; this will only be Balor's 2nd match, thus far, in NXT and Itami has had maybe 3 or 4, so I don't see them taking a loss this soon.

R Evolution will also see the debut of Kevin Owens, better known as Kevin Steen.

I've watched the last two Takeovers, and they are great shows. None of this going on forever promo's, just plain on wrestling, that's anything but plain.

They are quite honestly better than some of the PPV's the main roster has been putting on lately, and I'm looking forward to this one, especially the tag matches. They are always fast paced, and if you look away for even a minute you've missed something good.

I would give my right arm for a 'KILL STEEN KILL' shirt. LOL Don't think we'll be seeing them at the booths anytime soon though.

I just wanna say that I ordered the network earlier this month just so I can watch the Rumble for a cheaper price, and plan on cancelling my subscription after the month is over. I live in Canada so I have to go by The Rogers/Canadian version of the WWE network up here. And let me just tell you, the Canadian version sucks!

It's probably been mentioned before but we don't get any of the online stuff, or PlayStation/Xbox access, or even access from the WWE App on our phone for when were on the go. We just get the live stream of the actual WWE network "channel" and the on-demand library on a separate channel. Now, I'd like to 1st state that I do actually like how we get the network via our television sets, because I'd much rather watch on a television than on a laptop or something, but I hate that we aren't even allowed access to the online stuff like everybody else- like for example on the WWE App. I hate that I'm not allowed to watch something on the app, in case I'm maybe out of the house or something, and am therefore restricted to having to be by a Television set.

And furthermore we don't even get 25% of the content Americans get. Not even a quarter of the content! And yet we have to pay more money for it. Up here we have to pay $11.99; which infuriates me even further the more I hear the numbers "$9.99" uttered on WWE television. The money goes to the live stream of the "channel" that we get on television up here, but if we don't even get 25% of the content that the rest of the world gets, is that really worth it?

We get every Summerslam, every WM (except for 17! Trust me, I checked, and for some reason we don't get that one) maybe 10 Survivor Series, and than only the last 3 Royal Rumbles! My favourite event, and we only get up to 2012!

And another thing I hate is that we only get maybe 1 PPV from the attitude era (Breakdown '98), and 2 PPV's from the early 2000's up until 2005. However, we get a bunch of the crappy WWE PPV's that go back a couple of years like Payback and Extreme Rules. We get all those crappy PPV's that date back to 2012, yet get maybe 3 PPV's prior to 2005 (save the events I mentioned earlier). Can you believe that! One of the main reasons I would want this network is so I can go back and watch old events. I'd like to watch some things from the early 2000's and the 90's and instead I'm stuck with virtually none of that and have only the recent stuff which I have absolutely no interest in watching! That's bullshit!

And we get maybe 10 WCW PPV's (that may be pushing it actually) and 3 ECW PPV's and that's it. Nothing else.

And are you ready to hear the worst part of all this? We do in fact get all of the newly created shows and content for the WWE network that they've created such as the "Monday Night Wars" (like that hasn't been done to death), and the "countdown" shows, and all of that, except you know what, we don't get "Rivalries". So the other day I had to look online to watch a show while I'm paying a service that is supposed to provide it for me!

Why pay $11.99 when I can find more content online for free?

That's what I'm asking myself now.

This network is the biggest piece of trash and I'm lamenting Rogers almost just as much for putting this tragedy together as well.

P.S- And most of those WWE network shows suck to!

Is anyone having trouble right now signing in to WWE Network? I just got home and it's telling me I can't log in, is it because of the launch in the UK or what Thanks

I bought the Network last Thursday night and decided to catch the early segments of Raw last night. I signed it at roughly 00:40 with 20 minutes of the pre-show remaining and watched the rest of that, expecting it to transition to Raw at 1am. For non-UK folk, remember that Raw begins at 1am our time.

However, after the pre-show finished, instead of Raw starting at 1am, the Network schedule aired a Bobby Heenan special. I couldn't find Raw anywhere, no "Live" section or "On Now". I used the search engine and various other options but I just couldn't find Raw. Any idea where I went wrong?

I bought the Network last Thursday night and decided to catch the early segments of Raw last night. I signed it at roughly 00:40 with 20 minutes of the pre-show remaining and watched the rest of that, expecting it to transition to Raw at 1am. For non-UK folk, remember that Raw begins at 1am our time.

However, after the pre-show finished, instead of Raw starting at 1am, the Network schedule aired a Bobby Heenan special. I couldn't find Raw anywhere, no "Live" section or "On Now". I used the search engine and various other options but I just couldn't find Raw. Any idea where I went wrong?

I don't believe you can watch new RAWs on the network. I think you still have to watch it on your tv

I don't believe you can watch new RAWs on the network. I think you still have to watch it on your tv

Fair enough. It's highly unlikely I'd ever watch a live Raw anyway but on this occasion I thought I'd put the Network to test early and was like "The f*ck's going on...?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back