[Official] Ultimate Opportunist Campaign Headquarters

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the last Campaign thread you’ll ever need to venture into. Your answer to who is the absolute best lies no further than right here. I present to you, Adam Copeland, the Rated R Superstar, the Ultimate Opportunist, the one and only..

Edge.jpg

Edge’s list of accomplishments and accolade’s speak for themselves, but incase you weren’t aware of just how exclusive the Ultimate Opportunist was, take a peak at some of his greatest achievements.

• Pro Wrestling Illustrated
  • PWI Comeback of the Year (2004)
  • PWI Feud of the Year – vs. Matt Hardy (2005)
  • PWI Feud of the Year – vs. John Cena (2006)
  • PWI Match of the Year – with Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz and Dudley Boyz - WrestleMania X-Seven, April 1 (2001)
  • PWI Match of the Year – with Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz and The Dudley Boyz - SummerSlam 2000, August 27 (2000)
  • PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2006)
  • PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2001)
  • PWI ranked him # 2 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2007.
  • World Wrestling Entertainment
  • WCW United States Championship (1 time)
  • World Heavyweight Championship (4 times; Current)
  • WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (11 times)– with Christian (7), Chris Benoit (2), Randy Orton (1), and Hulk Hogan (1)
  • WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (5 times)
  • WWE Championship (4 times)
  • WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)– with Rey Mysterio (1)
  • King of the Ring (2001)
  • Mr. Money in the Bank (2005, 20072)
  • Slammy Award for Couple of the Year (2008) with Vickie Guerrero
  • Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion

Now some of you could instantly be thinking, “Edge? He’s not even deserving to be a World Heavyweight Champion. He can’t do anything to actually win it. He‘s not even in a league with the like‘s of Hulk Hogan, or Bret Hart, or even Randy Savage.” But I beg to differ. You see, Edge isn’t just ‘a’ World Heavyweight Champion, he’s now an official 8 time World Heavyweight Champion, in the span of 3 years. That’s more World title’s won in that short span of time, than anyone else to my knowledge has ever accomplished. Which by my book, makes him a greater World Heavyweight Champion than all of those other individuals.

You see, anyone can lose a Championship, all it takes is a simple count of 3, but to remain constant in the hunt of regaining a Championship is where the skill comes into play. Now you may think it’s easy to remain in the hunt, but in truth it’s not. Ton’s of Superstars who have once worn Heavyweight gold, since losing it, have never found their way back to it again. Name’s like Andre The Giant and the Ultimate Warrior, are just two of the top names to have only had a brief taste of what it’s like.. Only to never taste the sweet glory of being a World Heavyweight Champion, again.

Edge is constantly out thinking his opponent’s, his rival’s. He’s constantly finding new ways, to over throw the system and retake his throne a-top the W.W.E. as one of it’s two top Heavyweight Champions. As it stands, Edge as an 8 time Heavyweight Champion, has won more World title’s in the span of 3 years, than the like’s of Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, The Rock and Steve Austin have won in their entire career’s with the W.W.E. In fact to my knowledge, Edge is only 2nd behind Triple H. in the category of most W.W.E. title reigns. (Flair’s 16 weren’t W.W.E’s)

Let’s take a look at some of Edge’s most classic Championship Moments:

New Year’s Revolution 2005: Edge v. John Cena:
[youtube]Z_HUB_Kv5VQ[/youtube]

Smackdown May: Edge v. The Undertaker:
[youtube]QVkglod5Ydw&feature=related[/youtube]

Survivor Series 2008: Edge v. Triple H. v. Vladimir Kozlov: (poor quality video)
[youtube]_Ht9HqCX9D0[/youtube]​

But why stop there? Edge did so much more than revolutionize the Heavyweight Championship division. He also helped redefine the greatness that was a once very powerful Tag Team division, along side his best friend and storyline “brother”, Christian. Edge has become an 12-time Tag Team Champion in total, and once again with the exception of the Dudley Boys, and Booker T., I do believe that’s more than anyone else.

Along side Christian, and with the help of the Hardy’s and the Dudley’s, this trio of teams revolutionized Tag team wrestling once again, and took it to new heights, literally, as the tag team’s waged war in the first ever T.L.C. Ladder matches to happen between Tag Team’s. The vast majority of these wars were won by the crafty team of Edge and Christian, as even back then, Edge found new ways to innovate his offense, and inflict pain onto his opponent’s, while finding a way to come out victorious.

Let’s take a look at some of Edge’s most classic Tag Team Moments:

SummerSlam 2001: T.L.C. Edge & Christian v. The Hardy’s v. The Dudley’s:
[youtube]Byq30aDiK3k[/youtube]
[youtube]dhQWSKdmPTk&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]12p2W4xF4Sc&feature=related[/youtube]

No Mercy 2002: Edge & Rey Mysterio v. Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle:
[youtube]c2baXiRfvW8[/youtube]
[youtube]JGTL9HT9a6s&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]RhVa6oj_bZc&feature=related[/youtube]​

However, Edge isn’t all about Championship fame and glory. He’s had some of the most electrifying single’s matches there have ever been. Be it his Hardcore match against Mick Foley, that stole the show at WrestleMania 22. Or his Money in the Bank performance, at WrestleMania 21.

Hardcore Match: Edge v. Foley:
[youtube]czcv0T036q0[/youtube]
[youtube]ljgpPW1oEoU&feature=related[/youtube]

Money in the Bank Match:
[youtube]CIJmpmXd3sk[/youtube]
[youtube]phdDR9M0hUk&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]qBGTxU77Lxk&feature=related[/youtube]​

Why not flash back to when Edge was still an underrated Superstar, trying to make a name for himself in the single’s division, by defeating the much more technically sound Kurt Angle, to become the 2001 King of the Ring?

2001 King of the Ring Final’s: Edge v. Kurt Angle:
[youtube]lADJ4uGy798[/youtube]
[youtube]2Ojhe8ak2j8&feature=related[/youtube]​

Or some of Edge’s best performances in all, against some of the greats in the business in general.

Judgement Day 2002: Hair v. Hair: Edge v. Kurt Angle:
[youtube]v3I_x_MB1Uw[/youtube]
[youtube]bUONKPzQm0o&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]OCg4fIHg5sU&feature=related[/youtube]

Royal Rumble 2005: Edge v. Shawn Michaels: (partial video)
[youtube]2DoEEt1eBK0[/youtube]

Final Thoughts:

I could go on to list literally tons more top quality, 5-star Mega Matches that Edge's put on for all of us. Be it against opponent's from today's Generation or Legend's of yester-year, individuals like Randy Orton, John Cena, Triple H., or The Undertaker, just to name a few. He's faced them all, and in some form or fashion, he's defeated them all.

In the end, whether you love Edge, or you dispise him. Whether you’re a fan, or an enemy, you have to give him his due credit for being one of the best All-Time villain’s in the W.W.E. Not just for being an Ultimate Opportunist in finding new ways to figure out how to steal another Heavyweight Championship. Not just for revolutionizing the Tag Team division all over again. Not just for making new match concepts, like T.L.C. and Money in the Bank mean something, but for being every bit of perhaps one of, if not THE, greatest Superstars, to ever grace a Wrestling ring.

He literally has it all. The look, the moves, the in-ring psychology, the mic skills, and the overall ability to make you believe he is, ever bit the prick he plays.

Edge has helped reinvent Superstars such as Jeff and Matt Hardy. He single handedly saved Matt Hardy’s career. He was the one and only shining moment in the colossal failure that was C.M. Punk’s Championship reign. He is the main reason Vickie Guerrero has become one of the biggest heel female’s in the industry today. Edge has accomplished so much in his career, and he is only getting better.

So, when you come in to vote for the WrestleZone Superstar in this tournament, look beyond the Legend’s who’re no longer around, like Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Ric Flair, The Rock and Randy Savage. Forget the technical Superstars who couldn’t compare to what Edge has done within the previous 3 years, like Bret Hart and Kurt Angle. And forget those who’re repeats in winning this thing, like Shawn Michaels & The Undertaker.

When voting this year, remember just one name. The Ultimate Opportunist..
EDGE!

Definitely another dark horse candidate. Since this is supposed to be about who would win in a match, or at least it used to be, how many people would Edge be able to steal wins from? That's what his strength is and if he's given the chance, he could make a very deep run in this.

Definitely another dark horse candidate. Since this is supposed to be about who would win in a match, or at least it used to be, how many people would Edge be able to steal wins from? That's what his strength is and if he's given the chance, he could make a very deep run in this.

Technically, that's why I posted some of his older stuff as well. Long before the days of the Ultimate Opportunist was the plain ol' Edge, who was finding ways to win matches with the talent he had. And he defeated guy's like Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, etc.. all without sneaking into the match after they'd already been beaten down.

Edge has more than enough ability and talent to defeat anyone fair and square. But the fact is, why fight fair and why wrestle a hard fought match, when you have the ability and skill to sneak out the victory even quicker through a cheap win?

Edge is covering all his bases in that aspect. If he must, he'll win through hard work. But to save as much energy as possible, he'll always be open to taking any advantage, and low way out, that presents itself.

Yeah that's true. I was a total Edgehead back in the day and still am to an extent. As he's said, he totally wreaks of awesomeness. While the endurance factor in this will play a role, the stealing of wins will help him. All depends on how lucky the draw he has is though.

Yeah that's true. I was a total Edgehead back in the day and still am to an extent. As he's said, he totally wreaks of awesomeness. While the endurance factor in this will play a role, the stealing of wins will help him. All depends on how lucky the draw he has is though.

I'm completely convinced that Edge will become the next Superstar/Wrestler to be in an Iron Man match. Thus, that would answer his endurance factor. Hell, the man was in two Elimination Chamber matches last Sunday. Albeit, he was eliminated from the first within 5 minutes, and didn't enter the second until half way through.

But it isn't like he hasn't competed in double matches in a single night before. He defeated Rhino, then Kurt Angle to become King of the Ring in 2001. And almost any of his matches against Angle alone have went close to a 20-30 minute mark, if not over.

As you and I have both stated, his ability to find ways to end matches quickly will play a great role.. but I don't for a second question his endurance, either.

He's definitely got what it takes to make a solid run, but I can't remember him getting the big win against a face sans a gimmick match (as a heel that is). That's the big thing holding him back for me. All of his major singles success has been as a heel, which is what I'd be grading him on in this.

I'm a bit disappointed, I clicked on this after seeing "[Official] Ultimate..." and thought it was going to be for Warrior.

That being said, Edge is certainly in my top 3 wrestlers still performing, and probably my top 15 or so of all time. For some reason that I'm still not really able to explain, I liked the Brood more than I liked Stone Cold in 1998-99. I've never admitted that before, but there we go.

As for endurance, it wouldn't exactly suit an Ultimate Oppurtunist gimmick - if he took the oppurtunity to have a 30 minute match every week against a weak opponent, he'd look totally shit.

He's definitely got what it takes to make a solid run, but I can't remember him getting the big win against a face sans a gimmick match (as a heel that is). That's the big thing holding him back for me. All of his major singles success has been as a heel, which is what I'd be grading him on in this.

Then take into concept some of his matches against John Cena, and more importantly, Batista.

He's had nice matches with each individual, and found ways to come out on top in regular single's matches with a pinfall victory. Be it a cheap roll-up, a hook of the tights, what have you.. a win is a win, and that's all it takes.

The thing about faces in general is, 98% of them are above using tactics to win matches other than assuming their natural ability and hard work will pay off.

Edge has just as much natural ability as anyone else, but isn't above using any advantage he can get. Therefore, once again, he'll come out on top.

Edge's only flaw is his arrogance and cocky attitude. He leads himself into situations that catch him off-guard. But that doesn't happen a lot.

He's had several close matches with guy's like Undertaker and Triple H., in which if he'd of only centered himself more, he could've easily won the match.

I'm a bit disappointed, I clicked on this after seeing "[Official] Ultimate..." and thought it was going to be for Warrior.

Nope, I'm not a die-hard Warrior supporter. I'll jump on his band-wagon for the first round, possibly.. but in the end, he was a muscle-bound weirdy who couldn't literally tell the difference, (as Bobby the Brain would classically say) between a wrist-lock and a wrist-watch.

That being said, Edge is certainly in my top 3 wrestlers still performing, and probably my top 15 or so of all time. For some reason that I'm still not really able to explain, I liked the Brood more than I liked Stone Cold in 1998-99. I've never admitted that before, but there we go.

As for endurance, it wouldn't exactly suit an Ultimate Oppurtunist gimmick - if he took the oppurtunity to have a 30 minute match every week against a weak opponent, he'd look totally shit.

I loved the entrance of the Brood, but beyond that I always enjoyed Edge the Enigma that hung out in the crowd. He resembled a crow-like Sting in that manner, to be honest.

No one knew anything about him. He didn't take, and they even played off Edge hitting his finisher on people at random times, out of nowhere. (I remember once Edge came from nowhere, literally, hit a downward spiral on D-Lo Brown, then walked back into the crowd)

Don't get me wrong, Edge is great and could easily make a final eight or even final four run. Just not sure if I'd classify him as one of the favorites. He's easily in the top 20-30 or so though.

Edge has been dropped from my list. I must, however, preserve this.

#2 Edge:

"EDGE!?", I hear you cry. "But Sam, he's not even in the same league as Lesnar." You're right, he's not. He's not in the same league as The Rock, Hogan, Savage, Hart, Vader... a lot of the big names in this. But neither is he in the same league as John Cena, The Undertaker or Mick Foley. These are people he's beaten. He's called the Ultimate Opportunist for a reason, y'know. He can make the impossible possible. He'll exploit any circumstances to his advantage.

He can beat anyone. The Ultimate Warrior? Yup. Big Van Vader? Yup. Rey Mysterio? Well, obviously. Why would you even ask that? The man's a bigger success story than anyone could have predicted. That's because, frankly, you can't predict the unpredictable. Even if I am pretty sure that he's bribing referees these days... Then again, he has also shown that, every now and then, he can hang with the big boys if he just trusts in his natural ability, rather than his exceptional ability to manipulate and exploit.

Apparently, Luther and Shango may be backing him too, so don't be surprised if he soon gets his own dedicated campaign HQ.

His hardcore match against Foley was the start of something special for Edge.

Deffo backing him, depending on who he's up against.

Edge can be the darkhorse of the tournament depending on who he matches up with. His ultimate opportunist gimmick can take him far here but I predict he'll get put out in the final 16 against Hart or Angle.

He won't win the thing, but he'll get a strong backing when it comes to the latter stages.

Edge can be the darkhorse of the tournament depending on who he matches up with. His ultimate opportunist gimmick can take him far here but I predict he'll get put out in the final 16 against Hart or Angle.

You do realize that Edge has defeated Kurt Angle in far more "high profile" matches, than Angle has Edge, right? Thus, he has no issues or problems defeating Kurt Angle in big game situations.

As far as Bret Hart, he's good but hardly the best. Going off similar opponent's, guy's like Shawn Michaels have had Hart's number. And guy's like Edge have had Michaels' number.

So if you go off stuff like that, Edge can still win. And if Edge can capitalize on defeating a top technical Wrestler the likes of Kurt Angle on several occasions, than he can surely defeat Bret Hart with ease.

He won't win the thing, but he'll get a strong backing when it comes to the latter stages.

Why do you think that? Explain what you think, so I have something to go off in proving you wrong. :p

Edge came in at #14 on my list.

As you already know, I made my list based on in-ring talent, as well as how much I like them. As a whole, I'm a big Edge fan, but his time as a singles career has bothered me a little. As the "Ultimate Opportunist", he should be fine for the first few rounds, but the gimmicks may catch up to him, unless he's lucky and gets a ladder.

I'll support him, but he may need some help if he gets stuck in the wrong gimmicks match.

:lmao:

Oh man, I don't even think Will needs help in getting Edge through this thing. My efforts would be better suited with someone else.

But I'm still sticking with Edge.

:lmao:

Oh man, I don't even think Will needs help in getting Edge through this thing. My efforts would be better suited with someone else.

But I'm still sticking with Edge.

Hey man, another Edgehead is always welcome. I pride myself on trying to explain the greatness that is Edge. People want to easily over look him because of his Ultimate Opportunist gimmick, and because of that, they refuse to admit he actually DOES carry the talent to win matches through merit and hard work.

But as I stated all along, why win with merit and hard work, when you can save half the time, energy, and still come out with the same exactly thing.. a victory!

Edge has all the tools to truly be one of the best, and take this thing whole. People just need to quit being naive to his talents, and accept it. That's where I come in.

Anyone who has any questions on how unreliable he is, I'll prove to you otherwise.

Edge came in at #14 on my list.

As you already know, I made my list based on in-ring talent, as well as how much I like them. As a whole, I'm a big Edge fan, but his time as a singles career has bothered me a little. As the "Ultimate Opportunist", he should be fine for the first few rounds, but the gimmicks may catch up to him, unless he's lucky and gets a ladder.

I'll support him, but he may need some help if he gets stuck in the wrong gimmicks match.

The thing with this is, Edge is a true master of a lot of gimmicks. Sure, he's the uncrowned king of T.L.C. matches, but he took the Undertaker to quite possibly his very limit in their Hell in a Cell match at Summerslam.

Furthermore, he defeated Mick Foley, in one of Foley's last true great matches.. in a hardcore setting. Then did it all over again, at One Night Stand, w/ Foley, against two of the Hardcore legends in Funk and Dreamer. Edge has the ability to be great in gimmicks.

As per being the Ultimate Opportunist, he comes equip with the ability to learn quickly of his surroundings and adapt himself to anything. He became huge in Ladder matches, through Tag team matches.. as result, became very dangerous to face in single's matches.

He's defeated some of the best in Street Fights and Hardcore matches, and he's stretched the limits of H.I.A.C. matches. He doesn't bleed much, so First Blood matches could work best for him. He has a Submission that's much like a reverse Sharpshooter, so he could be a darkhorse in a Submission match.

Ironman will wear him down, because he can't find an "Ultimate Opportunity" in knowing he'd have to last a straight hour. However, as I stated earlier, I'm convinced he'll be the next individual to compete in one. And the Ultimate Opportunity gimmick may not win him the match, early, but that doesn't mean it won't help him find ways to win several times throughout, by taking short cuts.

Reactions: NSL
Two more matches that will go a long way in proving Edge can overcome the bigger men, and find a way to win when Ultimate Opportunity and easy outs are not available.

Sunday Night Heat: Edge v. Vader:
[youtube]N04Dq_AKfOg[/youtube]​

Still within his first year with the company, Edge shows the world that he has what it takes to topple the Mammoth big men of the Wrestling industry. In this match, while it was only a Sunday Night Heat match and likely meant to favor the newer Edge over the, then aging, Vader, the facts are still there. A win is a win, regardless of when. And a victory over a former World Heavyweight Champion, is something to definitely brag about when you’re new.

One Night Stand: Steel Cage: Edge v. Batista:
[youtube]EkuZFmoHkP8[/youtube]
[youtube]WJEK0rBWDss&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]9W7IALZOdWE&feature=related[/youtube]​

Another match that proves Edge can withstand the size difference, and overcome situations in which he MUST win in order to retain, and can’t merely cheat to gain a victory. Edge takes a beating at the hands of Batista, but proves who the better man is, by finding a way to out last the Animal, and retain his World Heavyweight Championship in this contest.

Edge is a great World Champion, who can win when he must without finding easy outs. Anyone who refuses to believe that is being naïve and biased in their feelings toward Edge and his abilities.

You know, I bash Edge a fair bit on this forum. But it's only because nobody else dares to say something bad about the guy, granted there isn't much wrong with Edge anyway.

Edge is simply awesome. He is great on the mic, a little bit overrated, but probably in the top 5 in the company at the present moment. He connects with the fans like no other heel does. He is hated, with or without Vickie, people want this guy to get his ass kicked. He also puts on consistant matches.

The truth it, Edge is one of the greatest in the WWE right now. Not THE greatest, but he is certainly up there. I think he will get in the final 10 of the WZ Tournament, but he won't win it. I see people bragging about Edge's 8 title reigns in 3 years. On paper it's impressive, but is everyone forgetting about Triple H's 13 reigns as champion? Oh, but when they remember him as a 13 time World Champ, they diss him for that very same reason.

Edge has proven to be a good short term champion, but not a good long term investment as World Heavyweight Champion. Edge isn't a great champion, but he works better with the belt. Also, Edge is the most surprising superstar in the company, but winning the Title is shocking fashion over and over again isn't what makes a good champion, it's what makes a good surprised.

Nonetheless, I will be voting for Edge in the Wrestlezone Tournament.

Edge has proven to be a good short term champion, but not a good long term investment as World Heavyweight Champion.

How can you say he's not a good long term investment, when he's been a Heavyweight Champion more than anyone else in that 3 year span since he won his first Heavyweight Championship?

Look at the specifics.

He won the title from Cena on 1-8-06, lost 3 weeks later back to Cena.
He won it again from R.V.D. (w/ Cena in the match as well) on 7-3-06, lost it two month's later to Cena.

From that point, he proved he could be a great Main Eventer and a good Heavyweight Champion. So they used it, and allowed him to jump to Smackdown, due to injuries, and defeat the Undertaker for a World Title reign on 5-8-07, only to have to vacate it two month's later due to injury. (yet all signs point to how he likely would've held it til Mania the following year)

So upon his return from injury, he rewon the World Heavyweight title on 12-16-07, only to drop it at Mania over 3 monthes later to the Undertaker.

He once again regained it from Taker on 6-1-08, only to drop it in elevating C.M. Punk at the end of that month.

He jumped back into his feud with Taker, only to leave for a couple month's and upon his return rewon the W.W.E. title, on 11-23-08, just to drop it and elevate Hardy on 12-14-08, to once again regain it on 1-25-09, to drop that only to pick up the World Heavyweight once again, this past Sunday at No Way Out, on 2-15-09.

SO.. in conclusion, the point I'm getting at is.. if he was such a bad risk, or a failure as a long term Champion. Then explain to me how he's been a Champion more than anyone else, over the previous 3 years.. and is always being repushed into the Main Event Championship scene, upon returning whenever he leaves?

Edge isn't a great champion, but he works better with the belt.

This almost sounds contradicting. You claim he isn't a great Champion, yet he works better with the title. So that must make him a great Champion.

Furthermore, if he wasn't a great Champion, I doubt they'd keep re-placing him into the Main Event title scene, whenever he isn't in a major (non-title) Main Event feud.

Edge is one of, if not the, best Main Event overall players. And you're right, he does his best work as a Champion.. because it makes people WANT to hate him even more.

He was the only bright, shining moment for C.M. Punk's reign.. and he was the only guy who was capable of making people believe Hardy could be a legit Heavyweight Champion.

Also, Edge is the most surprising superstar in the company, but winning the Title is shocking fashion over and over again isn't what makes a good champion, it's what makes a good surprised.

Shocking moments in Wrestling history often overshadow very talented individuals.

(example: n.W.o. invasion in W.C.W. overshadowed some great Wrestling matches put on by Shawn Michaels against the likes of Vader, the British Bulldog, and Mankind.)

So with that being said, you technically just proved why Edge IS one of the best. Because he's both talented enough to be a great Wrestler.. as well as Surprising enough to keep you wanting more.

How can you say he's not a good long term investment, when he's been a Heavyweight Champion more than anyone else in that 3 year span since he won his first Heavyweight Championship?

Look at the specifics.

He won the title from Cena on 1-8-06, lost 3 weeks later back to Cena.
He won it again from R.V.D. (w/ Cena in the match as well) on 7-3-06, lost it two month's later to Cena.

From that point, he proved he could be a great Main Eventer and a good Heavyweight Champion. So they used it, and allowed him to jump to Smackdown, due to injuries, and defeat the Undertaker for a World Title reign on 5-8-07, only to have to vacate it two month's later due to injury. (yet all signs point to how he likely would've held it til Mania the following year)

So upon his return from injury, he rewon the World Heavyweight title on 12-16-07, only to drop it at Mania over 3 monthes later to the Undertaker.

He once again regained it from Taker on 6-1-08, only to drop it in elevating C.M. Punk at the end of that month.

He jumped back into his feud with Taker, only to leave for a couple month's and upon his return rewon the W.W.E. title, on 11-23-08, just to drop it and elevate Hardy on 12-14-08, to once again regain it on 1-25-09, to drop that only to pick up the World Heavyweight once again, this past Sunday at No Way Out, on 2-15-09.

SO.. in conclusion, the point I'm getting at is.. if he was such a bad risk, or a failure as a long term Champion. Then explain to me how he's been a Champion more than anyone else, over the previous 3 years.. and is always being repushed into the Main Event Championship scene, upon returning whenever he leaves?

No, no, no! You're missing my point Will. I meant to say that Edge isn't a great long term champion. Which explains why he has had many short title reigns. This is for a number of reasons. Firstly, the WWE mustn't want Edge to have a long title reign and Edge himself works better as a heel with shorter title reigns. There's quite a difference between one long title reing, and multiple short title reigns.

This almost sounds contradicting. You claim he isn't a great Champion, yet he works better with the title. So that must make him a great Champion.

Furthermore, if he wasn't a great Champion, I doubt they'd keep re-placing him into the Main Event title scene, whenever he isn't in a major (non-title) Main Event feud.

Edge is one of, if not the, best Main Event overall players. And you're right, he does his best work as a Champion.. because it makes people WANT to hate him even more.

He was the only bright, shining moment for C.M. Punk's reign.. and he was the only guy who was capable of making people believe Hardy could be a legit Heavyweight Champion.

Yeah I'd thought someone would point that out, and you are right to an extent. What I meant to say is that Edge isn't the greatest champion, he's a good one but not the best in the company like people claim he is. I'm not denying that he's entertaining, because he is very entertaining.

Like I said, Edge works much, much better holding the title rather than chasing the title. But that's the case with most heels nowadays.

Shocking moments in Wrestling history often overshadow very talented individuals.

(example: n.W.o. invasion in W.C.W. overshadowed some great Wrestling matches put on by Shawn Michaels against the likes of Vader, the British Bulldog, and Mankind.)

So with that being said, you technically just proved why Edge IS one of the best. Because he's both talented enough to be a great Wrestler.. as well as Surprising enough to keep you wanting more.

That was part of my intention when making my previous post. He's surprising, but he hasn't had one memorable title reign. The way he won them was extremely memorable, but after that almost all of his reigns are easily forgettable.

Do you see the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back