[OFFICIAL] SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR Campaign HQ for Edge

Who are you and what have you done with Will? There's no mindless rambling bullshit in that post. You can't be Will.

Just to clarify though, you're predicting the following.

1. He'll be in any region, except Toronto. (and on the off chance he draws it, no one will argue he should win because of it - except those backing Edge, of course.)

So you're saying that he's likely to be in any of three groups instead of one, meaning you're saying that 3/4 is more likely than 1/4. Got it.

2. He'll face the toughest opponents in 'said' region, than the individual who'll likely be the opposition in the Finals.

So he'll happen to have the worst draw after two rounds because we're going to spend that much time setting up a random draw on the possibility that Edge and the tougher competitors are going to advance while making sure to keep them out of other regions AND making sure that the competition that advances in other regions is weaker? And we would do this why again?

3. He'll face more big names, along his path, than any other Superstar. (meaning, should he win, each match will only get tougher - by way of opponent's career history.)

You mean, and I'm going by everything you say after the word "meaning", that in a tournament where we're using only the best and what the staff picked, he'll face stiffer competition. So in other words, the better people will advance over the weaker people? What an analyst you would make!

4. He's bound to be the only guy in this thing, who'll have haters voting against him - strictly because they're too scared a repeat is truly possible. Whether he should actually win, or lose, 'said' match-up.

So now you're predicting that a majority of people will vote for one person because they don't want to have a repeat of last year because....why?

I admit. I tried to read that.. then stopped. I'm assuming you're proving me wrong on some account. Or all of them. Good on you.

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the last Campaign thread you’ll ever need to venture into. Your answer to who is the absolute best lies no further than right here. I present to you, Adam Copeland, the Rated R Superstar, the Ultimate Opportunist, the one and only..
I like Edge, but just for the hell of it, I'm going to try and tear your word fort to shreds.
Edge’s list of accomplishments and accolade’s speak for themselves, but incase you weren’t aware of just how exclusive the Ultimate Opportunist was, take a peak at some of his greatest achievements.
that he was a 9 time transitional champion who was greatly successful when he had the deck heavily stacked in his favor? sorry, in this tournament Vickie and La Familia wont be able to help, and cheapshotting a weak opponent aint happening. With those off the table, Edge is on the back foot. And with his injured Achilies tendon he's going down quickly.
  • Pro Wrestling Illustrated
  • PWI Comeback of the Year (2004)
  • PWI Feud of the Year – vs. Matt Hardy (2005)
  • PWI Feud of the Year – vs. John Cena (2006)
  • PWI Match of the Year – with Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz and Dudley Boyz - WrestleMania X-Seven, April 1 (2001)
  • PWI Match of the Year – with Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz and The Dudley Boyz - SummerSlam 2000, August 27 (2000)
  • PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2006)
  • PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2001)
  • PWI ranked him # 2 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2007.
wow, how relavent. Tell me Will, how exactly this makes him look any better when he last won sometihng from PWI in 2006?
  • World Wrestling Entertainment
let's see if these accomplishments are any better
  • WCW United States Championship (1 time)
And this is relavent because? What he did 9 years ago, during the WCW invasion has no bearing on what he's capable of doing in 2010.
  • World Heavyweight Championship (5 times)
lets have a look see at these title wins in closer detail.
  1. Money in the Bank cashed in on a tired, injured Undertaker.
  2. Triple threat
  3. TLC match against a ladder match rookie who was injured
  4. against very weak opponents in the Elimination Chamber
  5. Last man standing against John Cena. The only one of which you could say Edge fairly beat a competitor to in the WHC.
one in five fair and credable wins is hardly a great record.
  • WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (12 times)– with Christian (7), Chris Benoit (2), Randy Orton (1), Hulk Hogan (1), and Chris Jericho (1)
irrelevent. This is not a tag tournament.
  • WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (5 times)
again irrelevent. His prime wasn't until years after he was last IC champ.
  • WWE Championship (4 times)
and those wins in detail:
  1. MITB on tired Cena.
  2. Triple Threat
  3. Surprise entrant in a triple threat after it started.
  4. No DQ.
like the WHC, only one win could be considered a fair, one on one fight.
  • WWE Tag Team Championship (2 times)– with Rey Mysterio (1) , and Chris Jericho (1)
still not relavent. still not a tag tournament.
  • Royal Rumble (2010)
yes, Edge can enter the match by surprise and knock people over the top rope. Very impressive. Edge himself eliminated two people and spent 7 minutes in the ring. astonishing.
  • King of the Ring (2001)
relavence? Also he was only able to beat Angle thanks to outside interference he wont be getting in the tournament. A running theme here is that Edge can rarely win anything without the odds in his favor.
  • Mr. Money in the Bank (2005, 2007)
/quote]irrelevent unless he gets to the gimmick stages and gets a ladder match. untill then...
  • Slammy Award for Couple of the Year (2008) with Vickie Guerrero
:lmao:
  • Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion
he's technically a 5 time triple crown winner. but when you say that, it sounds less impressive, what with him winning this monumantal crown so many times.
Now some of you could instantly be thinking, “Edge? He’s not even deserving to be a World Heavyweight Champion. He can’t do anything to actually win it. He‘s not even in a league with the like‘s of Hulk Hogan, or Bret Hart, or even Randy Savage.”
and if we're thinking that, we'd be right.
But I beg to differ. You see, Edge isn’t just ‘a’ World Heavyweight Champion, he’s now an official 9 time World Heavyweight Champion, in the span of 4 years.
As I've shown, Edge won exactly 2 of those 9 titles with an unstacked deck. And winning 3 world titles a year is impressive until you realise that it means he has little to no longevity as a champion and loses it as soon as he's in a fair fight.
That’s more World title’s won in that short span of time, than anyone else to my knowledge has ever accomplished. Which by my book, makes him a greater World Heavyweight Champion than all of those other individuals.
quality over quantity my dear William.
You see, anyone can lose a Championship, all it takes is a simple count of 3
as edge has demonstrated, on no less than nine occasions.
but to remain constant in the hunt of regaining a Championship is where the skill comes into play.
so holding the championship against all comers and holding onto it for YEARS is less impressive than finding a new method to cheapshot his way to victory a couple of months later? No dice my friend.
Now you may think it’s easy to remain in the hunt, but in truth it’s not.
Really? Edge begs to differ. so do HHH, HBK, Cena, 'Taker, Batista, The Rock, Stone Cold... It's the way of the world these days. Edge's cheapshots would NOT fly against the Races, Flairs and Hogans of the world.
Ton’s of Superstars who have once worn Heavyweight gold, since losing it, have never found their way back to it again. Name’s like Andre The Giant and the Ultimate Warrior are just two of the top names to have only had a brief taste of what it’s like.
I'll give you Andre, but Warrior's ONE REIGN was longer than all of Edge's WWE title reigns combined. If either of them had brief taste of gold it's Edge.
Only to never taste the sweet glory of being a World Heavyweight Champion, again.
yep, cheapshots giving you month long title reigns makes you a better champions than people capable of defending it for years at a time. you keep telling yourself that buddy.
Edge is constantly out thinking his opponent’s, his rival’s.
and then using the same old tired tactic of cheating. Vickie cant help him here. Sneak attacks aren't happening here. And Edge's gimmick match experience wont come into play unless he can make it to the gimmick stages. And unless he gets a very lucky draw, isnt happening.
He’s constantly finding new ways, to over throw the system and retake his throne a-top the W.W.E. as one of it’s two top Heavyweight Champions.
and how many of those ways are viable here?
As it stands, Edge as an 9 time Heavyweight Champion, has won more World title’s in the span of 3 years, than the like’s of Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, The Rock and Steve Austin have won in their entire career’s with the W.W.E. In fact to my knowledge, Edge is only 2nd behind Triple H. in the category of most W.W.E. title reigns. (Flair’s 16 weren’t W.W.E’s)
you're probably right there. But I repeat, quality over quantity, my good man.
Let’s take a look at some of Edge’s most classic Championship Moments:
let's not.
But why stop there? Edge did so much more than revolutionize the Heavyweight Championship division. He also helped redefine the greatness that was a once very powerful Tag Team division, along side his best friend and storyline “brother”, Christian. Edge has become an 12-time Tag Team Champion in total, and once again with the exception of the Dudley Boys, and Booker T., I do believe that’s more than anyone else.

Along side Christian, and with the help of the Hardy’s and the Dudley’s, this trio of teams revolutionized Tag team wrestling once again, and took it to new heights, literally, as the tag team’s waged war in the first ever T.L.C. Ladder matches to happen between Tag Team’s. The vast majority of these wars were won by the crafty team of Edge and Christian, as even back then, Edge found new ways to innovate his offense, and inflict pain onto his opponent’s, while finding a way to come out victorious.
Irrelevent. This is not a tag team tournament.
However, Edge isn’t all about Championship fame and glory.
great, he'd do well in the gimmick stages. He's not getting there unless he's screwing lady luck as well as Vickie and Lita.
He’s had some of the most electrifying single’s matches there have ever been. Be it his Hardcore match against Mick Foley, that stole the show at WrestleMania 22. Or his Money in the Bank performance, at WrestleMania 21.
Great. though as I say, completely irrelevent unless he gets to the gimmick stages.
Still within his first year with the company, Edge shows the world that he has what it takes to topple the Mammoth big men of the Wrestling industry. In this match, while it was only a Sunday Night Heat match and likely meant to favor the newer Edge over the, then aging, Vader, the facts are still there. A win is a win, regardless of when. And a victory over a former World Heavyweight Champion, is something to definitely brag about when you’re new.
That means defeating Kane and Matt Hardy are mammoth achievements then. Kane's a 7 foot tall jobber. Matt's a fatass jobber whose considerable bulk has spent his career behing his drug addicted brother. Beating an old, out of shape, past it has been is not impressive. Rookie year or not.
Another match that proves Edge can withstand the size difference, and overcome situations in which he MUST win in order to retain, and can’t merely cheat to gain a victory. Edge takes a beating at the hands of Batista, but proves who the better man is, by finding a way to out last the Animal, and retain his World Heavyweight Championship in this contest.
irrelevent unless he gets to the gimmick stage. Though to be fair, this is better than most of the points you've raised thus far.
Edge is a great World Champion
:lmao: Sure he is.
who can win when he must without finding easy outs.
rarely.
Anyone who refuses to believe that is being naïve and biased in their feelings toward Edge and his abilities.
Pot, meet kettle. I hope you'll get along with no racially motivated tension.
Final Thoughts:

I could go on to list literally tons more top quality, 5-star Mega Matches that Edge's put on for all of us.
whose rating system are we using here?
Be it against opponent's from today's Generation or Legend's of yester-year, individuals like Randy Orton, John Cena, Triple H., or The Undertaker, just to name a few. He's faced them all, and in some form or fashion, he's defeated them all.
I take it that these days 'some form or fashion' is slang for 'he cheapshotted his way to victory, and pinned beat them when he had an unfsair advantage
In the end, whether you love Edge, or you dispise him. Whether you’re a fan, or an enemy, you have to give him his due credit for being one of the best All-Time villain’s in the W.W.E.
I'm a fan and I do. He doesnt deserve to go far in this tournament though.
Not just for being an Ultimate Opportunist in finding new ways to figure out how to steal another Heavyweight Championship.
which is why he shouldnt go far
Not just for revolutionizing the Tag Team division all over again.
which is irrelevent
Not just for making new match concepts, like T.L.C. and Money in the Bank mean something
which doesn't matter unless Edge makes it far enough for that esperince to be ralavent
but for being every bit of perhaps one of, if not THE, greatest Superstars, to ever grace a Wrestling ring.
when did taking shortcuts and cheapshots start being equatable to greatness?
He literally has it all. The look
irrelevent
the moves, the in-ring psychology
not even remotely in the same league as some of the guys he'll be facing in the tournament.
the mic skills, and the overall ability to make you believe he is, ever bit the prick he plays.
and the prize for most irrelavent skills goes to Edge.
Edge has helped reinvent Superstars such as Jeff and Matt Hardy.
How did he reinvent Jeff? was this back in the irrelavent tag team days?
He single handedly saved Matt Hardy’s career.
he singlethrustedly cost him it too, if you recall. also irrelavent.
He was the one and only shining moment in the colossal failure that was C.M. Punk’s Championship reign.
which would be a black note in Punk's record book and a footnote in Edge's
He is the main reason Vickie Guerrero has become one of the biggest heel female’s in the industry today.
and that matters because?
Edge has accomplished so much in his career, and he is only getting better.
I hope he improves at fighting fair too. THat way he might just be able to make it to the point where his gimmick experience comes into play.
So, when you come in to vote for the WrestleZone Superstar in this tournament, look beyond the Legend’s who’re no longer around, like Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Ric Flair, The Rock and Randy Savage. Forget the technical Superstars who couldn’t compare to what Edge has done within the previous 4 years, like Bret Hart and Kurt Angle. And forget those who’re repeats in winning this thing, like Shawn Michaels & The Undertaker.
why? they've done something consistently that Edge hasn't. Win matches fairly. Which is what you need to do for the first two matches. WHich unless Edge gets a VERY favorable draw, aint happening.

And this is relavent because? What he did 9 years ago, during the WCW invasion has no bearing on what he's capable of doing in 2010.

Shit, you're right. So what Thesz did in 1952 has absolutely no bearing on his performance in the tourney, because its 2010. He should be out in the first round, being dead and all.

lets have a look see at these title wins in closer detail.
  1. Money in the Bank cashed in on a tired, injured Undertaker.
  2. Triple threat
  3. TLC match against a ladder match rookie who was injured
  4. against very weak opponents in the Elimination Chamber
  5. Last man standing against John Cena. The only one of which you could say Edge fairly beat a competitor to in the WHC.

Lol what? Because the guy was a rookie in ladder matches (even though he'd beaten Jeff Hardy in one), that makes in unfair? And also, "weak opponents"? When is that an excuse? Especially with Jericho, Cena and Mysterio in there. Boo on you sir! Boo!

Ok, stupidly worded, but you get what I mean. Minning a midcard belt in 2001 against that great wrestler Test is a great reason to vote Edge.

Ok, admitedly 'Taker had been in a ladder match before (where Jeff Harvey bumped around constantly). But Edge had the massive experience advantage over 'Taker in TLC matches, making the playing field unlevel.

ANd as for the EC Edge won fairly, I admit, I missed Cena in the lineup. Meaning that I thought that Edge was in an elimination chamber where he was the only MEer amongst midcarders like Mysterio (former WHC or not, he isn't a main eventer), Kane, Mike Knox and some other guy not in Jericho's league.

Ok, stupidly worded, but you get what I mean. Minning a midcard belt in 2001 against that great wrestler Test is a great reason to vote Edge.

Ok, admitedly 'Taker had been in a ladder match before (where Jeff Harvey bumped around constantly). But Edge had the massive experience advantage over 'Taker in TLC matches, making the playing field unlevel.

ANd as for the EC Edge won fairly, I admit, I missed Cena in the lineup. Meaning that I thought that Edge was in an elimination chamber where he was the only MEer amongst midcarders like Mysterio (former WHC or not, he isn't a main eventer), Kane, Mike Knox and some other guy not in Jericho's league.

Cena had never been in a ladder match when he faced Edge in a TLC Match in 2006 and beat him. Was the playing field unlevel then?

So climbing a ladder really fast while everyone else is down is what makes you a good wrestler? No. It makes you good at gimmick matches. Hogan and Flair have won a combined zero ladder matches. Does that make them bad wrestlers?

Sting paints his garden shed each summer, so I hear, bet his kids don't try to know him off it at the same time though.

Cena had never been in a ladder match when he faced Edge in a TLC Match in 2006 and beat him. Was the playing field unlevel then?
Of course. If it's Cena, "overcoming odds" was surely involved.

Also, Remix is arguing against the Undertaker TLC incorrectly.

Barrett, I'm not gonna go word-fort for word-fort with you. Mainly because in this thread, it doesn't count. Instead, I'll simply explain why I listed his accomplishments and why they matter.

You brought up something about how winning a mid-card title almost a decade ago should have no barring on who he is in 2010. Well, when voting a lot of different people take into effect what a Wrestler has done in their ENTIRE CAREER, which is why what he did almost a decade ago means something, just as much as what he's done yesterday.

If we went by how you claimed, then I suppose everything Hulk Hogan did in the 80's and early 90's mean nothing, because afterall.. he's still going today, right? And clearly that means he should lose, since he can barely walk up steps and get into a ring, right? I mean, let's just throw everything Hogan's ever accomplished out the window, because the 80's was a long f'n time ago, right??

I admire you trying, I do. And for what its worth, Edge winning a random midcard title (years ago) will have little to no barring on him winning or losing in this tournament. Simply put.. its just an accomplishment to list, as everyone else has done, and is doing.

I hope this explains things for you. Good luck with whomever you're backing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back