Official Raw/Smackdown Aftermath, Ratings and Review Thread

Grade tonight's RAW.

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Last night's Raw was the best this year without a doubt. But I hope they keep these kind of show's going even after Wrestlemania and not go back to mediocore show's which they have a tendency to do. I thought the Edge Vs. Rob Van Dam match, aside from the predictable ending was the match of the night. They both worked really well in the ring together.

It was also a big surprise to me to see Melina win the womens title, and Umaga winning the IC title which I don't think is a good move. Hopefully they are just taking the title off Jeff so he can be in the mitb ladder match.

Also, I really didn't think I would like this Trump/Mcmahon feud, but I'm really curious to see who he picks as his rep. Hopefully it's not a let down. Overall it was a really solid show.

Raw seemed just a little indifferent to the last few weeks for my taste. The matches were excellent for their standards, and I hope to see more of it, but it didn't have the shocking moment that we have been seeing on the last few Raw's and were frequent a few years ago.

Vince's promo was interesting at the start and I enjoyed it. Umaga as his pick was not surprising and the Intercontinental Title win was surprising. Not surprising as in Holy shit! Umaga just won the title. But surprising in that I didn't think that he needed the title because he isn't going to be doing anything with it until after Wrestlemania, so that just renders the title pointless for now. This shows how the WWE is just throwing titles on people for the sake of it, and no title has the prestige it once had, especially not the mid card titles.

The HBK and Cena promo was interesting, and I loved the part where that waste of air time known as Big Dick Johnson had the shit kicked out of him, and I hope that is the last we see of that fat f**k. Cena was just trying too hard though, and I really miss the days where his promo work as a rapper saved for his complete lack of wrestling ability, but I think we give him too much credit for being a good promo man, because I don't think he is as good as we think he is. He was more free and natural when he was a rapper and he wasn't as kid friendly as he is now.

The Edge and RVD match was a great match that should have gone for much longer, and was hindered a little by a rushed feeling that they had. Some moves were a little badly done but it was a good match for Raw standards now and the ending was around the only bad point. I was surprised at the fact that Edge is in the Money In the Bank match, because I think he is too established to be in there and I was hoping that RVD would be in there because he is a guy that can perform the greatest spots. RVD is lucky to pick up a match anywhere and he looks to be in the doghouse as of now. For a guy who is fed up with the company, he puts on a very nice match.

Carlito and Ric Flair had a decent match against Raw's resident rednecks, Cade and Murdoch, and this little angle is interesting. Carlito looks like a whole new person for now, and looks exciting in the ring, and I hope he goes back to his heel persona as that is something that will assist him. I would like to see these two have a good, long feud and it will really benefit Carlito if he impresses the critics he has gathered in his 'rough patch'.

The womens match was not as good as their previous encounter, but it was a decent womens match that was ruined by a lack of moves shown by the two somewhat. Like all the other matches on Raw, the finish was asinine because it was just pointless for a title change. I am sure some classic women's wrestlers would throw up if they saw what the current standards are, but these two seem to be the future of the division, but PLEASE would they get rid of the hair pulling and the takedowns. Melina should have an interesting run as champion against Mickie and Ashley.

Her mic work was great as well and she is better than some of the men in that area. I liked when Mickie slapped Grisham, and she may return to her psycho role against Beth Phoenix perhaps. What was with Nitro's 'ugh'? Sheesh. If that is all the WWE are going to do with him, by making him a lesser star than her, I really see no hope for Nitro and it now looks like he is being punished for Melinas backstage issues while she is doing fantastically. What is this? Bizzarro World?

Does the Khali match even deserve a mention? The Highlanders are well and truly buried and Khali apparently wants better competition and a thought came to mind about him and a returning Mark Henry. That would be terrible just because of Khali, but it would let two evils collide instead of stinking up separate feuds. The fans were actually not booing Khali all that much. Which shows either they don't hate the character which goes against all opinions on this site, or they couldn't care less about the Highlanders.

The main event was average and Cena showed nothing new. Orton deserved better than that crappy ending and they didn't go the full match and I would have liked to see him look a little better. Orton just isn't given a fair enough go in the WWE and backstage issues aside, I think he deserves better. They seemed dull in patches but showed some good intensity in the middle but kept the trend of having poor endings to the matches and it was soft at the end. Edge and Orton don't look like turning on eachother at all now, which I think is a waste of weeks of building up to their feud, only to have it stopped in its tracks. HBK looks like turning soon and it's good booking that is keeping us waiting for it. Great work on them.

Overall, I would give it a B+ because it was too much like the last few Raw's. Getting better and I liked the title changes. I hope they keep it up and it is looking stable so well done to them. The matches were good save for the Khali one and the feuds are getting there. Let's see more of this wrestling instead of time filling promos and it should be great.

On tonight's Smackdown. 23rd February.

The aftermath of Batista's heel turn

Rey Mysterio make's an appearence.

M.I.T.B. Qualifyer. King Booker vs. Kane.

And possibly more missuse of Chris Benoit.

Result's 23rd February

Matt Hardy and WWE Tag team Champions Paul London & Brian Kendrick def. Joey Mercury and Deuce & Domino
Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero def. Scotty 2 Hotty
King Booker def. Kane (Falls Count Anywhere Money in the Bank Qualifying)
Finlay & Little Bastard def. Boogeyman & Little Boogeyman

MNM/Hardyz/London & Kendrick/Deuce & Domino at W.M.?

Next week on SmackDown, Undertaker will respond to the comments made by World Heavyweight Champion Batista.

Also the Kane/Khali angle will be furthered.

On Raw this week.

Trump pick's his superstar for the Battle Of The Billionaire's
Another M.I.T.B. qualifyer
Also the Melina/Ashley, Cena/HBK feud's will be developed more.

SmackDown was a real let down last night compared to previous weeks.

There was no Undertaker(For someone who is in the main event at WM you figure he be on SD every week), no Benoit(who puts on a great match every week), and no Mr Kennedy(who was busy jobbing to Lashley).

Those three not appearing was bad enough but then we had Chavo vs Scotty 2 Hotty where everybody knew it was a squash match but it lasted for 10-15 minutes and the fans were booing throughout most of the b/c of boredom i guess.

Another thing that made it bad was the fact that there was no main event and replacing that was Vince himself so we all knew what was coming and IMO i don't think it was necessary for Umaga to destroy Rey since he is already injured it just seemed like it accomplished nothing.

Vince already has 20 minutes to promote his feud with Trump on RAW every week but he decides to waste 20 minutes on SD(where there could have been a main event which sounds a hell of a lot better) and have Umaga crush Rey in his hometown.

The best thing about SD last night was the mixed tag match that Finlay and Hornswoggle(his new name) won since it was pretty entertaining.

The 6 man tag match was mediocre and the Falls Count Anywhere match was ruined by everybody's favorite superstar The Great Khali(sarcasm).

RAW won this week IMO it was an OK show.

Official Preview for tomorrow's Monday Night Raw

The following is from WWE.com:

Trump to reveal his pick
Mr. McMahon sent a serious message to rival billionaire Donald Trump on Monday night when he selected new Intercontinental Champion Umaga to represent the Chairman in the Battle of the Billionaires at WrestleMania 23. On the next edition of Raw, “The Donald” will answer back by announcing which Superstar will carry the Trump banner in Detroit on April 1. Which competitor will have the mogul’s endorsement? How will Mr. McMahon or, more importantly, the Samoan Bulldozer react to Trump’s pick?

Opponents and partners
On two consecutive nights, Shawn Michaels was true to his word to WWE Champion John Cena, having his tag team partner’s back at No Way Out and on Raw. Will Michaels uphold his promise this Monday night as he and Cena defend their World Tag Team Championship against Rated-RKO? Edge and Randy Orton have been credited with taking out Michaels last partner ��" and best friend ��" Triple H. Could the former tag champions be looking for more than another taste of championship gold?

Cashing in
The man who put Money in the Bank on the map, Edge, defeated Rob Van Dam to qualify for this year’s Ladder Match. With the qualifying matches continuing on the Road to WrestleMania, who will be the next addition to this elite group of opportunists?

From paparazzi to Playboy
Melina changed the face of all Diva-dom on Raw as she seized the Women’s Championship from Mickie James. Despite arguably the biggest win in her career, Melina did not seem too happy Monday night as the new champion disparaged latest Playboy cover girl and SmackDown Diva, Ashley. It seems as if the attention Melina gets from the usual torrent of paparazzi isn’t enough any more. What will the Women’s Champion do to ensure the spotlight stays fixed on her curvaceous body?

Find out live Monday night at 9/8 CT only on the USA Network.

* Shawn Michaels & John Cena vs. Edge & Randy Orton. This could be a title switch.

* Shelton Benjamin vs. Jeff Hardy - Money In The Bank Qualifying Match. Jeff Hardy is confirmed for the WrestleMania Money In The Bank match so that is a major spoiler.

* Donald Trump revealing his WrestleMania 23 representative. Trump is there live tonight.

I dont see the point in giving Cena & HBK the title if they are going to loose it in there first defence. Make a Fatal 4-Way tag match HBK/Cena vs. Rated R.K.O. vs. Cade & Murdock vs. Cryme Tyme. That way Cryme Tyme could defeat Cade & Murdock for the title's and Neither Rated RKO, Cena or HBK would look weak.

Also I'd prefer Shelton in the M.I.T.B. He was the M.V.P. of the last two. And he's more innovative. All Hardy does is just chuck himself off a ladder.

I enjoy watching Jeff Hardy wrestle and I respect him completely but why did they have to have him against shelton. Well since we know Hardy is going to win, Im just wondering what they are going to do with Shelton at Mania now because he stole the show in the last two Mania's. Like many have speculated it will probably be some tag team turmoil match which i think is a bad use of talent but then again maybe they will make it interesting

I dont think Benjamin has a chance of getting on the card this year. Which is a shame. I really wish WWE would try harder to get T.W.G.T.T. over.

But with all the rumour's of W.M. match's I think the card is almost done.

1) Battle Of The Billionaire's
2 & 3) Both World Title match's
4) M.I.T.B.
5) Women's Title match
6) Kane/Khali
7) New Breed/Original's match

Those one's are all but confirmed and I expect a Benoit/MVP/Finlay match to be added.. 8 match's is about right for a card.

That big huge bust up between Lashley and Umaga during RAW was pretty damn good. Well I enjoyed it!!!

It was a load of crap, its been done a million times before i absoloutaly h8 this angle. Lashley is just a fookin body builder, n JR and King were doing my head in. grr its a pitty because raw had been ok up until then

J.R.- I have seen gang fights!!

Did you guys hear that? lol

Apparently JR is hanging out with some straight up gangsta nasty thugs?

because hes the special guest ref. so it fucks up the plans for mania. The match is a load of bull, hair vs fookin hair match. This is wrestling programme not a fookin barbers shop, and even the angle has been done b4 between kurt angle n edge. I want to see wrestling not a fat gressy man with facepaint and a bodybuilder rolling around in the ring. On a side note does any1 know what dykstra's finisher is?

After seeing the end, I don't think they'll turn HBK heel. I mean, it is WWE so they may but for some odd reason it just seems to apparent. Leading you on to believe it, then having it not happen would be a big surprise.

Speaking of surprises, I really didn't think they'd retain and I -really- didn't think Edge would walk off.

Back on my first topic, maybe they'll turn Cena heel? I mean, him thinking HBK will do something, paranoia and such, he could do something rash.

Well one of them should do something to progress their feud. All it has been since it was announced has been tease, tease, tease. Someone has to turn. C'mon throw me a bone wwe instead making me watch Cena and HBK stare down each other suspiciously every night. Whats the point of announcing the match so early only to have them feud with Taker, Batista, Edge, and Orton instead of building up something with each other.

does any1 know what dykstra's finisher is?

Right now since kenny got a last name his finisher has pretty much been cheating, unlike when he was with the SS and he did the Leg Drop off of the top rope.

Although it's got draw backs, look on the brightside; Atleast it's not the same old same old. The suspense is being drawn out for awhile, atleast we still aren't 100% sure who'll turn on who.

Yes Captain Charisma it has been done before. Long before Edge and Angle.. Brutus Beefcake back in the 80s became notorious for the type of match. Yet your intentions confuse me. You like WWE and want good television and matches, yet you have wishes and desires to see things get fucked up.. So do you want good tv or not? I think it's an interesting angle..but you dont like it because its been done before? so you wish for all there plans to fail? There isn't no pleasing you is there? You're like a woman. Never satisfied.

Jeff Hardy def. Shelton Benjamin
Johnny Nitro and Super Crazy fought to a No Contest
Melina def. Maria
Chris Masters vs Khali in a Masterlock challenge ended in a no contest
Carlito def. Kenny Dykstra
John Cena & Shawn Michaels def. Rated RKO to retain the World Tag Team Championship

Seems like a decent card and the booking was done reasonably effectively to lead up to a solid main event. A lot more was furthered in angles and Wrestlemania matches and I was pleased to hear of it. I will give my full review when I have seen it all.

And please guys, this isn't a Live Discussion thread or somewhere where you can spam. The rules still apply here, and all those who spammed have been warned.

Oh ok im not really familar with much prior to 1996/7, ive watched the big matches that involved people like hogan, savage, luger, diesel etc. but not much else, but the fact is it isnt going to be a v. good match, theres 8/9 guys on the roster that could a better job than umaga/Lashley. Im sorry its just that the match doesnt exactly fill me up with excitiment and it annoys me when WWE have guys that can wrestle but use people like umaga and Lashley who you have to admit arent the best in the ring, nor the most entertaining. I think if you ask most people on these forums they will have a similar opinion. In regards to liking WWE, yes i do like it, but my enjoyment has been decreasing rapidly since they had people like Cena, Batista and Lashley become unbeatable, even though they arent all that good in the ring or the mic. And i will be satisfied when the WWE starts stringing some half decent storylines together.

As for Raw, it was quite good, like the other guy said a solid card. What disapointed me was that the whole Trump storyline annoyed me to hell, to the point where i stopped watching for 5/10 mins. I didnt se the ending happening the way it did, but im not really sure where WWE are going with this one. As for Cena, HBK its obvious they were gonna retain because thats what they are trying to base part of the storyline round, that they cant trust each other. I wouldnt expect the titles to change hands until after mania, unles they have some suprise tag titles match for mania.

Another great Raw I thought. They seem to steadily be improving with each week, and I'm actually looking forward to Wrestlemania now.

I was praying to god almighty that maybe Vince spread fake rumors or something and Trump wouldn't pick Lashley, but god damnit of course he did. And when Lashley started attacking Umaga, I've got to say that there was no way in all holy hell that the crowd was that into it. There was definately some piped in cheering because I can't imagine anybody cheering that loud for Lashley. Decent brawl though.

I was ecstatic about the Benjamin vs. Hardy match, two of the best young guys in the biz. However I soon became pissed as holy hell, as we've seen Hardy in about 28 million ladder matches and know exactly what he's going to do with it (how many swanton bombs off a ladder onto a table do we need to see?) while Shelton has been the MVP of the last two MITB matches. He's been very innovative with the ladder, doing things with it I not only wouldn't have imagined possible, but has never been seen before.

And at the end of the match when Shelton slipped off the top rope right onto his neck, I swear to god I thought he was dead. I stood up off my couch and said to myself "Holy shit he just broke his neck!" I was certain that something terrible had happened. Thank GOD he was okay. You gotta be careful out there Shelton.

Overall a very good Raw, but was anyone else surprised as hell when Cena and HBK won? I thought it was basically confirmed at this point that they'd drop the belts to RKO, but I guess not. I'm glad they had Edge and Orton turn on eachother though, that feud is going to be great. Now if only McMahon will have Cena and HBK drop those belts to somebody who deserves them so we might be able to see a tag title match at WM instead of just wasting those belts on the main event opponents. What is it with Vince not wanting title matches at Wrestlemania? He's got Lashley and Umaga with the IC and ECW titles so those won't be defended, then theres Cena and HBK, so on and so forth. Wake up Vince.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back