[Official]Peep Show HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't except the one they had in the cage i think that was supposed to be like an MMA shoot fight, and I only remember that because it was terrible.

Different, not terrible.

Anyone who believes or ever believes TNA can compete with WWE is deluded. And who said this, the majority of wrestling fans or some IWFs?

The vocal minority, not the silent majority.

They were still crap, they had better wrestlers competing in them granted, but the matches were still spot fests.

There's nothing wrong with the occasional spot fest. But you really shouldn't group Styles in with the likes of Sabin, Shelley and others.

I will actualy conceed this point as there is an exception, and that is big guys. Big guys often dont need charisma because they get over because of their size. However even so all of his sucessful feuds, came against wrestlers who had a great amount of charisma. My point was it is very rare, and very difficult to get over, and to have a sucessful sustained main event run without charisma.

Depends what you define as charisma. I think Randy Orton can talk, but he doesn't have enough charisma to be intresting.

Styles is ok, but he isn't a main eventer.

He is, sometimes.

He is no better in Christian in ring. Explain how he is better? Because he can hit bigger moves? Christian is a superior storyteller, seller, and mic worker. Styles is somewhat similar to someone like CM Punk, if you need a comparrison to help understand.

Styles has good matches with everybody. Cage has good matches with good workers.

The market for that type of wrestling is tiny, otherwise TNA would run two hours of x-division action. There simply isnt the demand for it and I can see why, it's very similar to crusierweight wrestling. For more info see this post:

People find WWE boring because everyone wrestles the same. People want variety, doesn't mean it needs to anything more than an opening match act.

I don't know when they will, but because average ratings are increasing you have to consider Angle/Sting draws. Of course Sting especially is a proven draw, and although Angle never drew brilliantly for WWE he is a big fish in a little pond so to speak so can still draw for them.

Sting & Angle have been there for 3 years & 2.5. If they were going to dramatically improve TNA ratings then they would have by now.

I agree he is a better talker than in ring wrestler, but his matches are still good. He is a really good seller, and a decent storyteller,and because it is very difficult to criticise his style of wrestling when people criticise him like you are doing now without any reasoning to why his matches are bad.

I've read underrated a lot in this thread. For somebody who's underrated a lot of people sure do love him. Don't get me wrong, I like Christian. But he was given the oppertunity to do something with his role in TNA, and he didn. He had some solid matches. But they were no better than any of the matches he was having in WWE throughout 204-2004. Out of all the WWE ones he had at that time the only one that might be considered great might be the Jericho one at Mania. Even that wasn't special.

He's a mid card wrestler. He's only likely to have the match of the night if he's given a gimmick to work with or it's a really poor card.

Btw who is the majority? The IWC? because they only make up a minority of even TNA's fans.

The people who aren't part of the IWC are unimportant. To us anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back