*Official* Heavy Metal Van Hammer HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Because no one makes a HQ for the underdogs, I give you the Heavy Metal Van Hammer HQ.

hammer2.jpg

Perhaps some of you people don't know who this is, and that's fine. This incredible talent was buried beneath sub-par booking for years. He debuted in 1991, and was a top rookie for WCW. He had an incredible physique, and was amazingly strong. He was a rocker straight out of the hair bands of the late 80s and early 90s, and the crowds ate him up, even if WCW tried to bury this talented individual.

Instead of casting your support for the usual boring suspects (like Rock, Angle, Vader, etc.) who always underachieve and never are able to live up to their hype, put your support behind the man who fought his entire career against the odds, and had a good tenure in the wrestling business.

Rock out with Heavy Metal!

Van Hammer isn't even good enough to be an underdog.

This is the wrestling equivalent of a movie tournament HQ for Howard the Duck.

Sly, if your campaigning is able to get this dude past the first round, you'll honestly deserve a medal.

All Van Hammer meant to me, and I'm sure many others, was the douche with the nipple rings in The Flock; nothing more, nothing less.

Sly, if your campaigning is able to get this dude past the first round, you'll honestly deserve a medal.

All Van Hammer meant to me, and I'm sure many others, was the douche with the nipple rings in The Flock; nothing more, nothing less.
Like I said, he was the victim of bad booking.

Look back to his early years in WCW, when he was given at least a little decency to work with. He was over with fans, and was very much with the times. They didn't really know how to promote him, but it was obvious people were interested in him.

One of the worst victims of booking ever. He had a great look, a good gimmick, and was fun. He was just never given the right opportunities.

Sting will get votes anyways. We need to appreciate a great talent that just got buried under bad booking.

Oh

I just thought that Sting would also get one as he also suffered from booking. Plus he lost to Benoit last year because he 'couldn't climb a ladder'.

Where in the hell do I sign up??????

This guy was the first guy in WCW to ever make me mark out. Not Sting, not El Gigante, not Flair, THIS MAN.

Outside of his stint with the Flock, I mainly most remember Van Hammer as being the bad ass who got a small push to nowhere in 1999.

He did take Rick Steiner to the limit, I think.

Wasnt he the mummy that was in the Dungeon of Doom in the mid 90s? I think the his name was The Yeti, he came out during one of the PPVs and basically dry humped Hogan. Im not positive it was him but I just remember hearing it was one of the guys that ended up being in Raven's Flock and I know he was in there and he was big. If that was him Im sorry I just cant support him. That gimmick was too terrible for anybody to overcome.

Edit: Nevermind just remembered that it was Reese from Raven's flock that portrayed The Yeti so Van Hammer is safe. I guess I could get behind him then for a round or two since I did like his peace gimmick and was a fan of the flock as well.

Even if he had been the Yeti, his awesomeness is more than enough to overcome it. Van Hammer was just sweet in so many regards.

Bump.

Because Van Hammer had fell to the bottom of the HQ page, and Heavy Metal never deserves to be at the bottom.

People talk about the HIAC with Taker or some of his matches with Funk or maybe his I quit match with The Rock as Foley's most physical matches and toughest opponents but those answers are all wrong. This was his toughest opponent, if Abdullah the Butcher didnt get involved and swing a shovel like a jackass the Hardcore legend himself Mick Foley would have gotten owned by Hammer.

[youtube]-DFkgJEs17A[/youtube]

Shocky's Take: Who? This is the guy that got a makeover by being associated with Raven and his flock. Chances are, he's going to be in a match with a big time guy in the first round, and chances are, Van Hammer is Van Ousted.

Legend. I remeber when he took Ron Simmons to the limit. It was in a comic, but it still had a profound effect on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back