[OFFICIAL] Global Force Wrestling; Jeff Jarrett's New Promotion

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by baken1942, Apr 7, 2014.

1. baken1942

baken1942 Occasional Pre-Show

2. It's Damn Real!

It's Damn Real! The undisputed, undefeated TNA &

I'm most excited to see what this roster actually looks like, and who he's able to convince to jump on board early. One of the biggest benefits he had to the start of TNA was a slew of ex-WCW talent who were ripe for the picking. Well, maybe not ripe in the sense of still being spring chickens, but ripe in the sense that they still had a lot of relevant power in the industry at the time and sure seemed pretty excited to be joining a venture like NWA-TNA.

If GFW can do the same, probably picking up some of the dejected ex-TNA talents and select ex-WWE to go with a new group of unknowns, he can probably begin to get the ball rolling much as he did early on with TNA.

Color me intrigued.

3. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

Can't say that there's enough info on it to be interested or not as of yet. My initial gut feeling is that I'm not too confident in Jeff Jarrett's ability to run a successful promotion. While he was co-founder of TNA with his father, Jerry Jarrett, it would've gone under had they not sold the controlling interest of the company to Bob Carter.

4. Schuyler

Schuyler Occasional Pre-Show

Bad logo and bad website, real nice start, like everyone, lets just hope it does not suck and it as some good wrestling and talent.

5. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe Championship Contender

I don't associate too many positive thoughts with Jeff Jarrett. I wasn't impressed with him as wrestler, and from what I saw, I wasn't impressed with him as a booker or promoter. He seems to be just as big a drama queen as any other personality in wrestling.

That said, I would love to be proved wrong, and see him succeed as competition is always good.

6. lil steroid meat

lil steroid meat Unregistered User

Like the old school 80s/90s "futuristic" (or what they thought the future would look like) theme.

Hope they use relatively unknown talent, outside of Lesnar, Cena, Punk and Bryan (and I don't see them landing anybody out of that four), nobody is really gonna draw enough interest to warrant a big contract. Not to mention, most guys will carry that "I Couldn't Make It In WWE/TNA stench". I'd rather see all new guys over Elijah Burke and Desmond Wolfe. One of TNA's biggest problems now is trying to piggyback off of already established talent instead of creating stars.

In fact, it's better to have unknown talent that has been through different indy feds, different territories and different international companies. It's how we got the charismatic talent of the 80s/90s vs. the bodybuilders and ex footballers that had a look and were thrust into the Create A Wrestler machine in New York.

Jarrett has never been an exceptional booker, so I don't know what to expect with that.

Overall, I'm curious and even excited. TNA, WWE, AAA and GFW will all be on television weekly by next January. That's gonna bring the quality of all promotions up.

7. BigBombB

BigBombB Pre-Show Stalwart

This could go well, there are enough talents floating around that could start the company off on good footing. However, I fear the same old "bring in lots of names people recognize" will be used and will hurt the company overall. I hope they use the ECW method: find one or two established talents who are willing to give their all to get the product over and don't bother with anyone else.

Naturally a newly debuting organization needs a good roster and some "big names" to help establish the product. Except, most stars with big drawing power are either too old to put on a respectable match, only out to make themselves look good at the expense of the show, or already wrapped up by WWE. Jeff Jarrett may have to get over an entire roster of talent on his own...and doing so by breaking from the endless title reign method from WCW and TNA. Jarrett would be better off putting someone over right off the bat and making a new star rather than overcrowding the top of the card with wrestlers who are well past their prime.

Here are a few of my suggestions (which I realize are meaningless but I couldn't help myself):

- Chris Hero (solid independent worker who already has a following and isn't known to be a WWE or TNA guy)

- AJ Styles (former "face of TNA", can still go under the right circumstances, don't even bother with storylines, just set up big matches for him to be a part of, would bring in a chunk of TNA's audience which is a great place to start from)

- Anthony Nese (a modern day Dean Malenko, he won't be a top star but he could help make some top stars)

- Johnny Gargano (top independent underdog who has never gotten a shot on a big stage, he would be a completely fresh face to many and could solidify the midcard with a chance of bumping up if he catches on)

- Delirious (well known, respected, and unique, he wouldn't be a person to saddle the future of the company on but he could easily be an attraction)

- Masada (leave the CZW hijinx in the past, bring him in to act as a style contrast to the rest of the show, he doesn't have to be good, he just needs to be credible enhancement talent)

- Kyle O'Reilly (star potential, relative unknown outside of ROH, young and impressive, exactly the kind of talent a new promotion can use)

- Colt Cabana (one of the top names and businessmen on the independent market, a great addition to any new federation)

- Maybe work an angle where a promising young guy (Gargano?) tries to get a match with a Japanese legend (someone like Minoru Suzuki would be perfect)

- Work out a few one offs to show a more serious view of women by using well established Shimmer talents (MsChif, Cheerleader Melissa, Kong, etc...) in singles matches

The possibilities are quite exciting!

8. Skyeborne

Skyeborne Occasional Pre-Show

I can't say that I am not looking forward to it. I don't want to make too many judgements until I have actually seen the product. Before, however, I really hope Jarrett doesn't plan on booking himself to become the main champion again. If he wants to be the number two wrestling organization he is going to have to step aside and hire professionals to take care of the on-air part of the company.

The fan interaction has me skeptical, mainly because there isn't really anymore on what it means. There are a lot of dumb people in this fandom and leaving the business up the fans says failure to me. At the same time, I think it could be a Cyber Sunday like business where fans chose opponents, stipulations, and other things like how WWE does sometimes.

There is a lot to look forward to, and there is a lot that scares me.

9. Caldwell205

Caldwell205 Dark Match Winner

I am very interested in seeing what they accomplish. ROH breeds Champions, Global Force could also be that type of organization.

10. It's Damn Real!

[​IMG]

Also here, for link verification.

https://twitter.com/LanceHoyt/status/453295893211394049

--

Hoyt has also been tweeting and re-tweeting GFW plugs, and has a long history of working with Jarrett back to the early years of TNA. Burke less of a history, but it certainly makes sense for Jarrett to go back to the well of bringing over what ex-NWA/TNA performers he can, who want to be part of a start-up again.

I'd imagine we see quite a few more heading over — maybe Sabin, Styles and/or Bad Influence depending on what happens contractually there.

11. BigBombB

I'd be ok with Hoyt but can we give up on Burke already? I realize he is probably a cool guy outside of the ring but he is better off finding a new line of work.

12. lil steroid meat

lil steroid meat Unregistered User

Really hoping he doesn't fill this with former TNA and WWE midcarders.

He would be better off using international and unknown talents you can build from the ground up and tout as your own.

13. BigBombB

Ok, I already created a potential "best case scenario" line-up but thought of a few new ones...

Main Roster (guys with a permanent spot on the card):
    - Jeff Jarrett
    - Chris Hero
    - AJ Styles
    - Anthony Nese
    - Johnny Gargano
    - Kyle O'Reilly
    - Colt Cabana
    - Prince Devitt (if available)
    - Lance Hoyt
    - Harry Smith

Occasional Special Attractions (guys who can get a permanent spot if they work out):
    - Delirious (his schtick is unique and attention grabbing)
    - Masada (hardcore dude)
    - Shelton Benjamin (great athlete, would put him in a showcase match against Styles)
    - John Morrison (see Benjamin)
    - Minoru Suzuki (a Japanese legend to put over a GFW regular)
    - Shimmer Women's Wrestling Stars (to see if they draw and add something different)
    - Chris Sabin (to showcase against regular roster members to get them credibility)
    - Any other random indy guys who seem they might have something

14. MCMG

MCMG King Of The Ring

I'm somewhat excited. More wrestling can only be a good thing. I'm sure they will sign guys who get released by WWE and TNA. Sweep up the best of the indies too as well as some talented wrestlers from abroad.

Personally, I think Jarrett should get two bags; fill them with money and find Jim Cornette and Jim Ross. They know about wrestling and will be able to deliver. The talent on the roster will just mean they are, at best, on par with TNA and ROH but those two, knowledgeable guys could make this promotion stand-out.

Also, JJ should probably delete Vince Russo's number from his phone. Just as a precaution.

15. OYDK

OYDK King Of The Ring

First thing's first. Jarret needs a TV deal to compete with TNA and even ROH in my opinion (WWE... cman), but honestly Jarrett annoys the crap out of me and always has. As a wrestler and as management I always felt like he thought he was owed something because his father was the "great" Jerry Jarrett and always thought he was better than he was. If he doesn't get on TV and have at least some memorable names on the roster, he'll be just another blip on the screen. Probably wouldn't watch anyway if Jarett was a regular... but get the best talent scout/relations man of all time in JR and maybe you have something.

16. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe Championship Contender

Well, crap like today's news that the Jarretts got into a drunken fight with a promoter's 17 year old son doesn't exactly make me think this is the guy who's going to bring some legitimate competition to the table. It tells me that Jarrett is still a small time promoter who plays handball in the gutter.

17. TDFG

TDFG Championship Contender

I wouldn't be surprised if Cornette is involved at some stage, he's worked with Jarrett before and probably will again depending on if Russo gets involved.

Hard to see where the fan base is going to come from as I don't see them offering anything that WWE, TNA or ROH doesn't already offer.

18. The HEEL JuiceLee

The HEEL JuiceLee Pre-Show Stalwart

This weekend Jeff & Karen attended some indy shows to conduct a talent search. They tweeted some pics of various wrestlers like Carlito, Elijah Burke, Vance Archer, Mickie James, & Jay Lethal. Personally I hope he signs all of them.
    What available wrestlers would you like to see Jeff bring in the fold @ GFW?
    The 2 talents I would like to see are Kevin Steen & John Morrison.
    As far Steen goes, I hear he got himself in great shape for his WWE tryout, but if that dont work out I think Jeff could give the guy a chance to be a mainevent wrestler in GFW.
    as far as John Morrison is concerned, I feel like now that WWE has went all in with there youth movement & I believe John has missed the boat on the "E" but John could go over & headline @ GFW.

SO WHO DO YOU THINK JEFF SHOULD SIGN IF HE WANTS HIS PROMOTION TO TAKE OFF & SUCCEED........

19. rbv13

rbv13 Championship Contender

Why is a thread about a future wrestling promotion signing current talents in the old school section? Seems odd to me.

Anyway,

I am looking forward to seeing what sort of strategy Jarrett applies when signing talent. From the recent photos and teases it seems as if he is planning on tapping into the talent pool of individuals who seeming have no future options in the WWE. I am not one to jump on the WWE castoffs/rejects nonsense as many of these individuals still have a lot of value and it will be nice to see them again under a larger spotlight.

I think he is going to have major issues signing top young indy talent. The stigma of being on television for another “major” could ruin any future opportunities with the WWE. In many cases the risk of going with the GFW will not be worth the reward.
    It would be cool if he tries to push styles unfamiliar to the main stream audience. Bring in talents from around the globe and blend a nice hybrid of styles.

20. It's Damn Real!

You can hope in one hand and shit in the other — see which gets filled first...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--

More and more mid-carders, eh?

21. laodaron

laodaron Mid-Card Championship Winner

Any talent that does sign with Jarrett has effectively ruined their chances at getting into WWE. Much like TNA and WWE at this point.

That said, I hope that GFW takes off and isn't like the giant shit show that is TNA.

22. OYDK

OYDK King Of The Ring

All the people you named would be great. I know there have been rumors that John Morrison is willing to sign for a good amount of money. AJ Styles would be pretty awesome as well.

23. MisterRob

MisterRob Wrestling Historian

I think Carlito, Elijah Burke, and Mickie James are great choices. Jay Lethal has lots of untapped potential and he's young, so I think he's another good hand for the roster. I don't much like Vance Archer, so I don't see anything special in him being on the roster.

I definitely could see AJ Styles being involved, and I think he would be a great name for the roster. He would bring a lot to the table and has a lot of positives for Jarrett as a talent, and this promotion would be a great positive for AJ Styles since he's left TNA and he has no chance of going to WWE.

I could see a lot of possibilities of current TNA stars, ones who are on the outs with the company or just aren't getting what they want out of TNA, jumping to Jarrett's new promotion. One name would definitely be Chris Sabin. I could also see Austin Aries, Christopher Daniels, and Kazarian, depending on how their contract negotations end with TNA. All four of those names would be great assets to Jarrett and his new promotion.

Matt Hardy would also be a great asset for a veteran.

24. NegativeFeedback

NegativeFeedback Mid-Card Championship Winner

Here are the WWE alumni who I can think of that are currently wrestling on the indy circuit. I'm not saying that they should go ahead and start TNA'ing the roster with WWE rejects, but I'm just pointing out that if they did go that route, these are the guys who are available:

1. Shelton Benjamin
    2. Awesome Kong
    3. Low Ki
    4. Chris Hero
    5. Carlito
    6. Brian Kendrick
    7. John Morrison
    8. att Morgan
    9. Mickie James
    10. Victoria
    11. Paul London
    12. Serena Deeb
    13. Ted DiBiase, Jr.
    14. Trent Beretta
    15. Harry Smith
    16. Shawn Daivari
    17. Elijah Burke
    18. Rob Conway
    19. Luke Evans
    20. Luke Gallows
    21. Colt Cabana
    22. Chris Compton
    23. Ken Shamrock
    24. Chris Masters
    25. Brent Albright
    26. Kevin Thorn
    27. Renée Dupree
    27. Afa Anoa'i, Jr.
    28. Teddy Hart
    29. Super Crazy
    30. Gregory Helms
    31. Melina
    32. Kenny Dykstra
    33. Raven
    34. Maria Kannellis
    35. Matt Hardy
    36. Shad Gaspard
    37. D'Lo Brown
    38. Sylvain Grenier
    39. Caylen Croft
    40. Hardcore Holly
    41. Ezekiel Jackson
    42. Tyson Tomko
    43. Kid Kash
    44. Val Venis
    45. Scotty 2 Hotty
    46. Orlando Jordan
    47. Nunzio
    48. Justin Credible
    49. Chavo Guerrero
    50. Lance Hoyt
    51. Spike Dudley
    52. Matt Striker
    53. Brian Lawler
    54. Chris Harris
    55. Andy Leavine
    56. Sim Snuka

tdmoon likes this.
  25. BigBombB

At least Mickie James makes sense given the "southern" style that Jarrett is bound to be looking for to attract people in that area. Carlito? Meh. Jay Lethal? Oh no.