[Official] General TNA Complaints Thread

How would you change TNA

• Production Value

• Current Talent Roster

• Management Personnel

Results are only viewable after voting.
For me, it's simple. Hard Justice is going to be about ECW. Even if I could I would not buy this event. I'm fussed about watching it at all or even Impact until then.

I can't fathom why this is happening and why on earth are they not doing TNA with an extreme edge and some former ECW names. I dont want to see Stevie Richards, Foley or Dreamer in the ring. I'd tolerate Rhyno but Raven needs to stay out of the ring as well.

In other words, TNA vs ECW would be interesting. Anything else is not.

For me, it's simple. Hard Justice is going to be about ECW. Even if I could I would not buy this event. I'm fussed about watching it at all or even Impact until then.

I can't fathom why this is happening and why on earth are they not doing TNA with an extreme edge and some former ECW names. I dont want to see Stevie Richards, Foley or Dreamer in the ring. I'd tolerate Rhyno but Raven needs to stay out of the ring as well.

In other words, TNA vs ECW would be interesting. Anything else is not.
I'd have to agree with this sentiment for the most part its really just One Night Stand the TNA remix, with most of the players being too old to perform at a marketable level and some being outright a danger to themsleves and others. I mean look at Tommy Dreamer he already got injured during the brawl last week not a good sign for this ppv.

It just feels like every major storyline is taking a back seat to this angle which is annoying.

Also did anyone else find him begging and crying for closure last week a bit much?

We can complain all we want about TNA but the fact of the matter is that until Dixie understand how to create an identity for TNA. For the longest time, TNA have been banking all their success on nostalgia. From Sting all the way to ECW right now, TNA has been were nostalgia angle happens.

TNA needs to create their own history instead of trying to remake history all the time. Trying to remake stuff that WWE did before is pointless and you got to realise that most fans are guys weren'T even watching these angles before and probably don'T even remember those guys they are bringing so it's time for TNA to create their identity and drop all this nostagia stuff. It doesn'T work and the newer fans don'T want to watch this veteran get all the t.v time while the younger guys that could be the face of the company gets the shaft.

I agree so much to the beginning of what you just stated, the whole identity thing is a big issue. Like it or not they are just gathering anything that has done well before. Instead of being TNA they are being ECW, WCW, WWE anything but what they were doing prior to January of this year.

Tna hired so many big names yet they can BARELY get over a 1.0, I know this argument has been used a lot but I still haven't hot a justifiable answer.
They were doing a lot better ratings wise before Dixie Carter spent tons of cash hiring these guys..when hogan and Bichoff came the ratings went down so damn much. And it's funny how I remember them cutting promos saying "everything hogan touches turns to gold" i guess they wrong. The opposite happend

look im from australia i dont get to watch much tna but the worst thing they done was stop the tour they were gonna doin australia.Im a wrestling fan but ive only been to 1 live event and the whole show had a whooooooooooooooo feeling about it and that was even before i got to my seat ric flair is a legend.hulk hogan is a bum without vince mcmahon eric bischoff cant manage a show without enough money to screw ppl out of a decent show or a tv contract tna has talent but without some1 to lead the way.The young talent they have is good handled right they could be great

im a fan of tna but nowadays they are an worthless to me and im thinking what would i do to make tna better and here is what i would do.

1 get rid of dixie, and vince russo and replace them with people who know what they are doing cause she knows nothing about the industy and he cant write a good storyline to save his life.

2 go back to the old tna im talking six sides of steel matches not ******ed regular tag matches in steel cages where they have to tag in i mean seriously who is dumb enough to have it where tags have to be made in a steel cage matches.

3 reinforce the x division and have them br ing back the tna i liked im talking the x division match where they have to climb the ropes to get the giant x .

4 have kevin nash become a kickass manager im a hugh fan of him but he dosent have what he use to have to put on good matches make him a cool manager that helps create legends in the buisness if you get what i mean make someone a house hold name.

5 have tna stop being desperate. i.e. ev2.0 i mean im a fan of raven but not when you bring in wrestlers who could barely do a match in their prime and build a ppv that only had 3 weeks to be made and that had a dance battle happen halfway through a match. dixie im not hating on you cause you a woman im hating on you cause you dragging tna to their grave.

6 and finally have tna talent shine and bring out wrestlers like jay lethal and samoa joe and give them the hugh push instead of hiring wwe scraps i mean the pope and jeff hardy and kenderson are great but why are you putting your great talent in the background where you can bring in weaklings like orlando jordan and the hulk hogans friends and give them what they want.

am i right guys what do you think

I just watched TNA and saw the usual gathering of ECW alumni and then the lights get cut and the lights come on and mick foley is down. what some of you might not had realized though was everyone in the ring was already looking at foley before the lights even came back on. :lol: are these people serious?:disappointed:

I'm not trying to sound ignorant, but is there any point to this thread? Also, it is very hard to understand, please check grammar, punctuality, and general wording :s.
Yes it is to highlight another problem with TNA, production quality. Whats hard to understand, I watched the lights go out, the lights came on, Foley was down, but for some dumb reason all the ECW guys were already lookin at him before the lights came on.
So much for realism..

This should be posted in the general complaints section and as I've already informed mods it should end up there at some point. But your statement is dumb, when it gets dark your ears don't turn off. Mick Foley got hit while the lights were out, the EV2.0 guys heard it and using the power of the human ear knelt to down to check on him. Simple. You're trying to find a problem where there isn't one.

This should be posted in the general complaints section and as I've already informed mods it should end up there at some point. But your statement is dumb, when it gets dark your ears don't turn off. Mick Foley got hit while the lights were out, the EV2.0 guys heard it and using the power of the human ear knelt to down to check on him. Simple. You're trying to find a problem where there isn't one.

I didn't ask why the wrestlers still could hear.. Two different senses. Why would they all assume that it was Foley who was hit? I know Foley has been through a lot but i don't think they ever put a metal plate in his head or anything so its not like bopping the Micker would produce some unique clank sound or anything. This isn't the indies, they should try better not to undermine the facade of this being a legitimate sport with non-predetermined outcomes. *FAIL* x 10 :disappointed:

now that you think of it the only problem i could see was foley was standing in front of other ev2 members. how could he be taken out in the dark without other members also being knocked out also? but anyway im not the biggest tna fan, but quit knitpicking the little things dude, its entertainment and its part of a storyline. nothings perfect. cant blame it on production value either cause movies are gig budget and i noticed a screwup in blade during the big fight scene with frost. in one breif scene, the blood on his face switched from one side to the other, my point is it was still a good movie regardless of the screwup, same with tna, its a good start to thier best storyline yet

Quit playing the TNA Basher card already. All I am saying is as a fan of a "fake" sport trying to mascarade as a "real" sport i would appreciate a little more realism. Yeah never in the 15 pls years of watching wrestling have i ever sen the lights go out and no one be attacked but there was still no bewilderment on the part of the ECW alums. Everyone was looking at Foley.. Its no worse then when a punch fails to hit and the wrestler still goes down or a blatant oversell of a move. I just wanted to see who else noticed it and what they thought of it, contrary to popular belief I do like TNA.

I WAS MORE CONFUSED ABOUT SANDMAN. WHAT THE HELL WAS HE DOING?WHAT HAPPENED TO HOGAN, WHERE DID HE GO? DID ANYONE EVEN HIT FOLEY? IT WAS ECW GUYS BEHIND HIM WHEN THE LIGHTS CAME ON. I'VE BEEN WATCHING WRESTLING FOR 40 YEARS AND STOPPED BELIEVING IT WAS REAL LONG AGO. AS LONG AS IT ENTERTAINS ME I'LL WATCH. TNA ENTERTAINED ME TONIGHT, ESPECIALLY THE TAG MATCH.

"Hmm, there was a strange noise over to my right and a thud like someone hit the wrestling mat, but I am sure it was nothing.."

/Sarcasm..

Seriously, the lights go out you still have 4 other senses two of which would be used in the situation that happened on TNA..

I have to say out of all the things one could complain and probably have a lot of credibility this is not only nitpicking, but petty. To be honest when it was going on I didn't even really think about it. However when looking it up on youtube, yeah I see what you pointed out but it still never made me trigger in my mind "omg so staged". Might as well point out things like "How did the camera crew know that guy was going to get attacked backstage?"

I just watched TNA and saw the usual gathering of ECW alumni and then the lights get cut and the lights come on and mick foley is down. what some of you might not had realized though was everyone in the ring was already looking at foley before the lights even came back on. :lol: are these people serious?:disappointed:

Allow me to learn you of the history of this business by exercising a quote often represented, but apparently, rarely understood: the suspension of disbelief – that is to say, the ability to put behind you the obvious for the sake of the staged story.

Do you go to the theatre and shout in outrage when Hamlet stabs Polonius through a curtain, but Polonius doesn't die in real life, because he wasn't actually stabbed?

Jesus Christ, son – relax. It's a fuckin' show.

Allow me to learn you of the history of this business by exercising a quote often represented, but apparently, rarely understood: the suspension of disbelief – that is to say, the ability to put behind you the obvious for the sake of the staged story.

Do you go to the theatre and shout in outrage when Hamlet stabs Polonius through a curtain, but Polonius doesn't die in real life, because he wasn't actually stabbed?

Jesus Christ, son – relax. It's a fuckin' show.

THE SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF needs to be aided by GOD theater. Its been my understanding for about ten years wrestling is sports theater. The point is things can not be too blatant. This was akin to HBK completely missing a super kick but his opponent still flying clear out of the ring and then being taken down for the pin. It wasa botch. TNA does NOT get a botch passand I want allow it to.

THE SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF needs to be aided by GOD theater. Its been my understanding for about ten years wrestling is sports theater. The point is things can not be too blatant. This was akin to HBK completely missing a super kick but his opponent still flying clear out of the ring and then being taken down for the pin. It wasa botch. TNA does NOT get a botch passand I want allow it to.

So you think that HBK missing a super-kick as the climax of a match preceding a pinfall is on par with Foley being injured and camera men being in position to film it right away? What a reach.

The two are only related in that they are both "botches", but one is a clear botch, the other is only perceived to be one. Apples to oranges.

Lemme guess, next you'll question why camera men are walking around back stage ready to film segments when they "cut to the back" to see a guy get jumped, right? Oh, why didn't the camera man do something?! Why didn't the camera man rewind his tape to reveal to the world who the attacker was? :rolleyes:

Like I said, suspension of disbelief.

If you are a fan of wrestling, especially TNA, then you really shouldnt complain. They have been climbing in the ratings, they are slowly competing with the beast that is WWE, and they do the best they can with what little they have. If you nitpick and judge every match how is that enjoyable?? This is entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. If you are not entertained then quit watching. I mean i cant stand Hogan, but i watch because A.J., Joe, and Beer Money/MCMG entertain me. I could rant on what they could do to be better but why? Its not like Dixie is gonna call me and have me fix it. If your not entertained then change the channel.

So you think that HBK missing a super-kick as the climax of a match preceding a pinfall is on par with Foley being injured and camera men being in position to film it right away? What a reach.

The two are only related in that they are both "botches", but one is a clear botch, the other is only perceived to be one. Apples to oranges.

Lemme guess, next you'll question why camera men are walking around back stage ready to film segments when they "cut to the back" to see a guy get jumped, right? Oh, why didn't the camera man do something?! Why didn't the camera man rewind his tape to reveal to the world who the attacker was? :rolleyes:

Like I said, suspension of disbelief.

Wow the best you could do is attack a strawman i see. I said nothing about the camera and the fact i am watching a television set and it is a television show probably would mean a camera would need to be present anyways. My gripe was with EVERYONE in THE RING already looking down at Foley before the lights came back on not some camera angle which was a wideshot anyway. :wtf: As far as replays are concerned I find it odd that they have bee referenced in a few matches but generally ignored in 95% of matches with cheating. That lack of logic is what i love about wrestling, this whole business of knowing Foley was beat own before they should constitutes a botch. It would had been like Bobby the brain saying at Bash at the Beach '96 before Hogan even entered the ring "OHHH NOO MACHO MAN IS IN MORE TROUBLE NOW!!":icon_neutral:

Wow the best you could do is attack a strawman i see. I said nothing about the camera and the fact i am watching a television set and it is a television show probably would mean a camera would need to be present anyways. My gripe was with EVERYONE in THE RING already looking down at Foley before the lights came back on not some camera angle which was a wideshot anyway. :wtf: As far as replays are concerned I find it odd that they have bee referenced in a few matches but generally ignored in 95% of matches with cheating. That lack of logic is what i love about wrestling, this whole business of knowing Foley was beat own before they should constitutes a botch. It would had been like Bobby the brain saying at Bash at the Beach '96 before Hogan even entered the ring "OHHH NOO MACHO MAN IS IN MORE TROUBLE NOW!!":icon_neutral:

They don't review cheating becuase a heel would be doing it. That is how a heel would get over by cheating and not getting caught. If you're gonna nitpick at every little thing that goes wrong I suggest you stop watching wrestling.

MY POINT WAS NOT THAT WRESTLING NEEDS TO MAKE SENSE MORE OFTEN my point was TNA needs to get with it and quit being so amaturish. Its botch quota has been exausted for the year, hell the decade..

I do like TNA but the way some of the storylines are recycled like the whole ECW thing is a little much. They have great superstars such as PWI #1 wrestler of 2010 AJ Styles and Samoa Joe. 2 guys the WWE would love to have. They need to capitalize more of what WWE doesn't do including blood use of team 3D don't break them up they are the best tag team of all time and build thier rookies dont steal ROH or WWE rejects have some homegrown TNA stars.It seems when a wrestler gets released he either goes to TNA or MMA or they stop doing the wrestling business all together. They had the 6 sided ring and that what they were known for Hogan comes in and says no i like 4 sides with my old man ramp so i dont hurt my back when i get in the ring. They might as well bring back the Mini Ring carts too so he doesn't have to walk lol. TNA has potential as being the other brand of wrestling that could make up ground on or push WWE. It will only be a matter of time before Vince buys them out and closes them and creates an Invasion part 2

DpEREZ there are a million and 1 reasons under the sun to garner a WWE release. It does not nessecerally mean one is washed up and pluswere doyou suppose they work then? They make money off of wrestling, they are wrestlers, what rightdo you have to tell them they cant still make a living? Based onyour criteria Steve Austin would had never been looked at by ECW or the WWF afer his WCW termination. Furthermore your criteria dictates that Shelton Benjamin be stamped as worn and damaged goods, that sir is rubbish.

P.S. AND A DAMN SHAME.

I haven't botherd to watch or keep up to date with tna for a long time now but i did catch the ecw or ecv.20 what ever they called it. It was ok but thats not my point

Why is ric flair wrestling in his pants and why is hogan trying to work and god why is kevin nash still around

jesus christ it seems like they are just trying to combine ecw and wcw into some god awful 90s throwback love child

and with the new family themed wwe now is this my other choice =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back