[Official] "Chad Kroeger Look-Alike" Campaign HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
lynn.jpg

The most under-rated wrestler by the big companies, but loved among the indy circuit, Jerry Lynn is my underdog pick to win it all.

He's held titles in nearly every indy promotion he's wrestled for (so basically, every indy promotion), and was a part of one of the greatest feuds in ECW history, facing off against Justin Credible in an amazing 20 match feud, that was ultimately decided in their 21st match at Hardcore Homecoming.

He got to the top of ECW without the use of all the hardcore tactics everyone else used. he was a wrestler in an extreme company. He could mat wrestle, he could fly, and he could brawl. He put out decent promos, and is/was a huge fan favorite wherever he goes.

Jerry Lynn can best be described as Jeff Hardy, before there was a Jeff Hardy.

v. Corino
[youtube]A8GPfOPyUz4[/youtube]

v. RVD Pt. 1
[youtube]s2x2e1zPdt8[/youtube]

v. RVD Pt. 2
[youtube]oZHTYf3L6m8[/youtube]

v. Jeff Hardy
[youtube]ew6Emeq6aX0[/youtube]

v. AJ Styles v. Low Ki Pt. 1
[youtube]AZg1uzpAyMI[/youtube]

v. AJ Styles v. Low Ki Pt. 2 (audio stops halfway)
[youtube]W_yuc6BUeL8[/youtube]

v. Justin Credible Pt. 1
[youtube]ycpkBGoWbsc[/youtube]

v. Justin Credible Pt. 2
[youtube]DhB3S1T_NlM[/youtube]​

I thought about putting him on my list but in the end i didn't. He'll likely get in, but for some reason he's the most forgotten wrestler that was in one of the big three of all time. No one seems to care about him at all which is a shame. I'd like to see him win a match or two for nostalgia's sake.

I don't see him getting very far in this thing. Too many other big names that could bypass him with ease.

Probably because he sucks.

This coming from a guy who is pushing for a former nipple-ring having, tool, to win it all. :disappointed:

Oh, and he looks like Micky Rourke from the Wrestler a little too.

If anything, this will get him a look. And on that look, people will then finally open their eyes to the true talent and greatness that Jerry Lynn holds.

Shit, he almost single-handedly carried the closing moments of E.C.W. through pure-wrestling, and whether anyone wishes to admit it or not.. Jerry Lynn MADE Rob Van Dam. Without Lynn to carry Van Dam through those amazing matches, R.V.D. would just be an unknown version of Sean Waltman with more detailed tights and slightly more connecting kicks.

Jerry Lynn did everything he could, to carry E.C.W. through pure-wrestling ability and talent. He then refocused on T.N.A. and helped make A.J. Styles, and several others.

Lynn is a true great in this business, because unlike the selfish pricks like Hogan, Lynn never tried to be the top guy. He tried being the guy who merely helped the business succeed, and he did. (Unfortunately, one guy can't always save an entire company)

Jerry Lynn will get at least a couple of my votes, but the truly pathetic and sad thing is.. even though this tournament has rules, unless we only allow voting through posts on explaining WHY you're voting.. people will continue to just "vote for their favorite" even if that's not the right thing to do.

This coming from a guy who is pushing for a former nipple-ring having, tool, to win it all. :disappointed:

:lmao:

Shit, he almost single-handedly carried the closing moments of E.C.W. through pure-wrestling, and whether anyone wishes to admit it or not.. Jerry Lynn MADE Rob Van Dam. Without Lynn to carry Van Dam through those amazing matches, R.V.D. would just be an unknown version of Sean Waltman with more detailed tights and slightly more connecting kicks.

If you want to break it down more, Lynn made RVD, who is the most well remembered ECW star, who can be credited for carrying the new ECW in it's early days. RVD's matches against Hardy gave him a big push, too. Making AJ Styles who he is, has also made TNA what it is.

Jerry Lynn did everything he could, to carry E.C.W. through pure-wrestling ability and talent. He then refocused on T.N.A. and helped make A.J. Styles, and several others.

Sadly, because he made RVD and AJ Styles who they are, he'll probably get bumped by those very guys in the early rounds.

Lynn is a true great in this business, because unlike the selfish pricks like Hogan, Lynn never tried to be the top guy. He tried being the guy who merely helped the business succeed, and he did. (Unfortunately, one guy can't always save an entire company)

Being the ultimate mid-carder, who helps get people over is a thankless job. He should win a few rounds here in honor of what he did for the dying ECW, and the young TNA.

Jerry Lynn will get at least a couple of my votes, but the truly pathetic and sad thing is.. even though this tournament has rules, unless we only allow voting through posts on explaining WHY you're voting.. people will continue to just "vote for their favorite" even if that's not the right thing to do.

Again, you're right. Lynn won't register as anyone's favorite, but hopefully they'll watch some of his matches against Justin Credible, RVD, and AJ Styles, and even some of his matches against Juvi Juice from XPW.

I'll post some of his matches in my OP later...

There have been alot of names over the years that the WWE could have used better. Names such as Raven, Christian, and Rhino come to mind. But the name that sticks out most in my mind is Jerry Lynn. The misuse of Jerry Lynn was pure injustice. This guy is such an asset to any company he works for simply because he just loves to wrestle. I remember a quote that Jerry said during a shoot interview where he said "I've lost over half of the matches in my career, but that's not what's important. The fans seem to enjoy watching me perform and that's what matters".

He is generally regarded a mid card performer, yet he enjoys putting people over. Where are these kind of people? Over the past 10 years, the WWE has been exceptionally week at the mid card area. Jerry Lynn could have and would have solidified this area. He is a great worker with a great attitude who is able and willing to successfully put guys over. The WWE definately missed the boat on this guy.

Further proof why RVDGurl is so respected around here.

Lynn not only got the luck of the draw, and landed in ECW, but he landed in the easiest bracket out of the ECW Region. He shouldn't (and won't) stand a real test until the finals, where it looks to either be Lesnar or Hardy waiting for him.

The gimmick match should decide the ultimate outcome there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back