Who Wins This Match?

• Sting

• Jesse Ventura

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The following contest is a first round match in the New York Region.

This match takes place in the Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky.

rupp.jpg

#4 Sting

sting+icon.jpg

Vs.

#29 Jesse Ventura

jesse-ventura1-wwe-raw-nov-23-2009-thanksgiving-idea-girl-consulting.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

I can't see any result but Sting whether Surfer Dude or Crow.

Sting has beaten far bigger and stronger - Sid Vicious, the Giant (Paul 'Big Show' Wight) and Big Van Vader for a start. He's beaten dirtier - Ric Flair, 'Ravishing' Rick Rude and Double J et cetera. Most importantly, he's beaten the best - Hogan, Austin and Angle to name but three.

Jesse was a great announcer - unique in that he would support who he like whether face or heel (although he generally covered the heels' side of things) and this made him sound very honest in his opinions. As a wrestler though, he never really rose above the mid card.

I could see 'The Body' try every trick in the book but a 'been there, done that' Stinger will storm through these to defeat him in a pretty short affair.

Sting = Legend, pure and simple, Has victories over Hogan, Flair, The American Dream, Savage, Bret, Kurt Angle, I can go on.

Ventura = Just a commentator, has a big mouth, big ego, not much success as a singles competitor.

The result is clear: Vote for the man, the Icon, This is Sting

I don't imagine Ventura would really win this match, but I'm voting for him anyway. I'm not a great fan of Sting, but I appreciate what he is and that he is a big draw etc. Ventura's wrestling career may have been superceded by everything else he's done, but I have a special affection for him because he's one of maybe 5 wrestlers whose appearance on a show will undoubtedly make me like it more.

So, how will he pull off this one? Well, if history has shown us anything it is that Ventura is one of the most intelligent people to ever enter the sport. I think he could out wit Sting, and that's how he'd do it. Note how, in the match below, he lures Hogan in and then starts to wear him down. It's only when Hogan Hulks up that he even gets into the match. Even once he has done that, he rakes the eyes of Ventura and gets a chair and still can't get a win. Ventura delivers a believable performance, and if it takes Hulk Hogan Hulking up and cheating just to get a draw, then I don't think Sting would win.

If you do watch the video, be warned that it is not exactly the X-Division.

I don't know. Sting is a true veteran and Franchise of this busines.s He's the most well known person enever to sign with WWE and is one of WCWs few homegrown talent, other then Goldberg and a few others. He's fought with the best, and beaten the best and has been Undertaker's veteran rival in a manner similiar to Hogan/Flair or Rock/Austin. He completely changed his gimmick to a more darker persona and helped raise TNA in ratings even past his prime being with them starting in 2003 or 04.

What a terrible match up for Ventura. Ventura was great in the ring and awesome on the microphone and would stand a good chance against most guys in this tournament. Unfortunately Sting isn't most guys. Sting is a legend with multiple world championships in several organizations, whereas Ventura was never able to capture the big title, at least in the WWE. Sting also can go toe to toe with Ventura in the ring and especially on the microphone. In what would surely be a hard fought match, Sting would prevail.

Sting in a closer than you'd expect match. The Body is a cagey heel who can find a way to sneak out a victory. But Sting also has a finisher that would make the Body squeal like a pig: The Scorpion Death Lock. Ventura's had a bad back most of his career... and in a match with Sting, who would focus on the back, Ventura would be in trouble.

Yet.. I don't see the match ending in a win like that. I see Sting with a roll up for the 1-2-3 with Ventura looking at the ref saying his tights were pulled.

Sting. Wins.

Sting wins this one, he is a icon of the business, while Ventura found his greatest success outside of the ring as a commentator. His exploits in the ring pale in comparison with those of the Stinger.

BUT....the deciding factor in this is that stupid sparkley thing Ventura would wear in his face-ass....fuck me that looked ridiculous. How can you vote for a man with jewelry in his face-ass?!

Jesse Ventura would make a good showing.

He would actually dominate most of the match, I think. But, in the end, Sting would get the victory.

I do think Sting wins this easily. But this is one of the more intriguing matches in the first round. Ventura wasn't anything that was special, but he wasn't bad. This isn't one of my first choices of dream matches to see, but it would be fun to see, nonetheless.

Ventura is a guy that makes the crowd love whoever he is wrestling and everyone already loved Sting as it is. So, Ventura would be at his best in this match, talking smack to the crowd and pulling "Heel" tactics all match long. But then I see him tapping out to the Scorpion Death Lock.

Sting in a closer than you'd expect match. The Body is a cagey heel who can find a way to sneak out a victory. But Sting also has a finisher that would make the Body squeal like a pig: The Scorpion Death Lock. Ventura's had a bad back most of his career... and in a match with Sting, who would focus on the back, Ventura would be in trouble.

Bad back, eh? Then I can guarantee Sting would easily finish him off with the Death Drop followed by the Death Lock.

Sting is one of the greatest competitors of all time. I grew up watching him fight off the ENTIRE New World Order so i can not see how any one man can be a problem for him especially Jesse Ventura.

Shoot, another closed poll. Had I gotten here in time, I think I would have reluctantly given my vote to Sting. I say reluctantly because I have somewhat of a problem voting for a guy who has ducked the grandest stage of them all for his entire career, even when provided the opportunity to jump ship but electing to not do so. Meanwhile his opponent had considerable WWE tenure. Sting would move on in this round, but ultimately, his lack of WWE exposure is going to cost him at some point, at least for me it will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back