NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia: NXT Women's Championship - Moon (c) VS Baszler

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Last night's NXT episode saw Shayna Baszler attack Aliyah after her loss in a match against Lacy Evans. Baszler choked out Aliyah, as she did with Dakota Kai last week, prompting Ember Moon to hit the ring and Baszler booked out. Moon issued a challenge to Baszler to try that with her with Baszler saying that she'll do so only when the title is on the line. Regal makes the match at TakeOver: Philadelphia for the title.

The match is happening much too soon in my opinion but, realistically speaking, it's also really the only good choice available at the moment. Moon has beaten Nikki Cross in a number of matches, though none of them were as champion, she's beaten Peyton Royce & Billie Kay so many times it's not even funny, Ruby Riott & Sonya Deville are on the main roster along with Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan & Mandy Rose, Kairi Sane is out injured and nobody else is ready.

Baszler is being thrown into the deep end in only her second televised NXT match. She's been impressive thus far and even though she's very green, I have a feeling that she'll surprise us with how far she's already come. Personally, I feel this is a match that could use something of a screwy ending because I don't see neither really needing a loss right now. For instance, maybe after they've put on a good, physical match in which it looks like anyone's game, Dakota Kai suddenly hits the ring and goes after Baszler, or perhaps her along with Ailyah, with their explanation being that they just let their frustration and anger get the better of them. To take it a bit further, it could be mentioned that this wasn't something they planned together as they just accidentally ran into each other on the way to the ring, wordlessly understood what was going on and just fell in together. In the coming weeks, this could give Baszler some more time to develop, give her some more wins under her belt and possibly challenge Moon for a rematch at TakeOver during WrestleMania weekend.

Such an ending would be, if I'm not mistaken, a first time happening at a TakeOver event so the odds are it won't be going down. I just think having Baszler lose clean damages her just when she's literally just started so maybe having her win the title is the way to go if the plan is to keep the match clean. It's not ideal as Baszler may not be ready for it, but it's not an ideal situation in the first place when you get right down to it and I think Baszler needs the win more than Moon does if they want to keep her looking like a badass.

Ember was such a lackluster choice when it came to taking over from Asuka, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an intentional move. Have somebody mediocre as champion because nobody can hold a candle to the Asuka reign, thus not damaging one of your more valuable performers and putting some distance between a new reigns and the longest women's one of recent memory.

I have a strong feeling Ember is going down here.

After what was a tremendous introduction a lot of things just haven't gone right in the build and journey of her character, chief among them an ill-timed injuries on both her part and of Asuka.

An introduction to the main roster to start all over again is what she needs. Great moveset, unique look, cool entrance. Everything is there, but its all been so botched already.

I have a strong feeling that alongside the above, NXT sees the potential in a program between Baszler and Kairi Sane. There was a reason they made it the finals of the MYC . The match underperformed, but hopefully that will improve with a few more months of Bazsler being a full time performer.

i feel that it all depends what's next for Baszler after this, i feel if they have plans to called her up to the main roster before mania because of a certain former MMA fighter that'S been rumored to show up at the rumble, then i would have her win the belt, Have Ember somehow win and retain, if she there for the long run then i would have her be as dominant as she can be and destroy Ember and win the title in record time.

I feel a little bad for Ember Moon here. She came up short quite a few times against Asuka and had to wait until she left developmental to claim the Women's Championship. Then she FINALLY wins the title then loses it at the next TakeOver to someone who will undoubtedly be more successful in the long run. Baszler is quite green and there's no way she's ready for the main roster. But NXT does what NXT does best and they gave her character. Probably one of the best characters in the NXT Women's division since Bayley. She's a stone cold bitch that bullies everyone that's below her.

With that, I see a slaughter here. Ember can move up to the main roster to fill out the first ever women's Royal Rumble match while Baszler winning the title finally convinces Rousey to sign with the WWE. Baszler wins the same way Lesnar beat Cena at Summerslam 2014. That covers up her weaknesses and makes her look like a badass in the process.

Hamler's Prediction: Shayna Baszler will win the NXT Women's Championship.

Baszler, in quick dominating fashion too.

The longer it goes on the worse she's gonna look... and she can't lose... she just can't. It's strange because even though we had Asuka who is the greatest female competitor in NXT history, the division as a whole was kind of shaky. And I know even though she's not universally loved, I thought Ember Moon could be the rock of the division like Asuka was while they try to figure everything else out, but that doesn't look like it's gonna be the case... and I really don't know where they go from there. I don't follow NXT enough to know what's going on with Kairi Sane but a quick look at her Twitter tells me that she's not hurt... and other than her, who do you really have that you could throw in to a program with Baszler and have it feel big/make sense?

Maybe Ember goes for her rematch at New Orleans while they build up somebody else, that would be the best thing to do I guess.

I actually liked this match, while it was a bit too long, it told a good story and the way it ended, you feel that this feud isn't over and I'm truly intringue as to where they will go next with this story which is rare for me and this product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back