No Rock at Wrestlemania 33?

Cool. The Rock won't wrestle a proper match again and I'm fine with not having another 20 minute promo by him in the middle of the show.

If WrestleMania isn't one of The Rock's obligations next year then it could be a blessing in disguise, this year the impromptu match with Erick Rowan was a bit of a joke, it looked like a last minute idea to get The Rock on the show and also for John Cena to make his comeback.

Not only that, WWE needs to start moving away from the biggest show in the calendar being headlined by par-timers/legends, I love The Rock but it's time to move on. WWE can't keep churning out Undertaker, HHH, Brock Lesnar, The Rock etc. Mania after Mania at the expense of the guys who are carrying the company the other 364 days of the year.

The show needs a breather, we all know that. Something like an intermission. That's why The Rock is there. And he will definately be at WM in any capacity, he hasn't missed a Wrestlemania since WM 27, so he will definately appear to fire up the crowd.

I hope he doesn't show up. I'm with Jake in that I don't want to see another 30 minute promo segment with the Rock essentially jerking off to the adulation of 100,000 people while he and John Cena simultaneously make the Wyatt Family look like ******ed chimps.

I'm just burned out on the nostalgia factor: I'm more interested in the here & now and guys who're up & coming. It's great to see the Rock every now and again, but I don't want to see him in the ring for half an hour lowering the stock of guys who bust their asses year round.

We spent 6 months debating back and forth on if Rocky was showing up this year, and "Insurance issues" and "prior commitments" nothing kept him from taking a big paycheck, spending 30 minutes playing with a flamethrower, and squashing talent, all for a little nostalgia?

I'd rather he not show up, or if he does show up, keep it short and sweet, and not take 2 matches off the card for him to steal the spotlight from current performers.

Also, it seems like a no brainer, Rock knows when WM is happening, he's definitely been scheduling around it for years, but he ALWAYS and the Rock means always, is contractually obligated to pretend he can't make it until he gets announced.

Funny I heard rumors he didn't get along with the other actors on the set of Fast 8 then the Crock Dwayne JOhnson said he was doing this feud with Diesel to gain attention so wwe can promote FAST 8! I rather not see him or Vin Diesel at WM!

I hope he doesn't show up. I'm with Jake in that I don't want to see another 30 minute promo segment with the Rock essentially jerking off to the adulation of 100,000 people while he and John Cena simultaneously make the Wyatt Family look like ******ed chimps.

I'm just burned out on the nostalgia factor: I'm more interested in the here & now and guys who're up & coming. It's great to see the Rock every now and again, but I don't want to see him in the ring for half an hour lowering the stock of guys who bust their asses year round.

I agree. Last WM the roster was pretty banged up. I don't The Rock, SCSA, Foley, HBK would be needed this year. I don't think HHH is even needed. There's more young star power now compared to 5 months ago (KO, Balor, Zayn, Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, AJ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back