No Holds Bar... No disquli... Extreme Ru... Street Fi... It's all the same!

SJM12492

SAVE_US.Y2J
Me, myself and I are wondering what's with all of these different types of matches?

Street Fight
No Holds Barred
Hardcore Match
Extreme Rules
No Disqualification
Anything Goes

They are all the same match. They all have the exact same rules and stipulations, so why do we have so many names for what's essentionally a non-disqualification match?
Now, I'm sure I might be missing something, and by all means, correct me, but what are the differences? I can't think of one. They can all involve weapons, it's pin or submission. Any thoughts guys?

It makes them look prettier. I mean, if they were all Hardcore Matches, that's be kinda boring. Calling them Street Fights or No Holds Barred makes it have a little variety.

The 2 above posters are completely correct on this. People would complain if we saw hardcore match after hardcore match. Yet somehow, the WWE make them look better by giving them different names, and assuming we're too stupid to notice they're practically the same thing, with a few minor differences.

Also, the way the wrestlers act changes when the match is given a specific name. Street fight, fr example, changes their dress into something completely casual, maybe jeans. Hardcore stirs the images of trash can lids and backstage brawls etc. While they overlap, wrestlers treat them differently in general.

Me, myself and I are wondering what's with all of these different types of matches?

Street Fight
No Holds Barred
Hardcore Match
Extreme Rules
No Disqualification
Anything Goes

They are all the same match. They all have the exact same rules and stipulations, so why do we have so many names for what's essentionally a non-disqualification match?
Now, I'm sure I might be missing something, and by all means, correct me, but what are the differences? I can't think of one. They can all involve weapons, it's pin or submission. Any thoughts guys?

Street fight -Hardcore + Falls anywhere, basically a hardcore match but the action is more likely to go around the arena, up the ramp etc.

No holds barred, no DQ, anything goes - hardcore lite, mite involve a few spots that would be illegal in a normal match but aren't spot fests like hardcore or street fights

Hardcore match, Extreme rules - Weapon filled spot fest, action is usually kept around the ring area.

Thats basically how i understand it anyway...

Wow, you just realized now that they're all the same thing?!

Naw, I'm being mean. Seriously, though, it's obvious that they're all the same thing, and usually just done to make it sound different and exciting and new, such as <City Name> Street Fight!

Kayfabe-wise, as soon as a match is declared No DQ, I refuse to believe anyone in their right mind would not immediately go for a steel chair and just kill the shit out of their opponent until they were unconscious.

Kayfabe-wise, as soon as a match is declared No DQ, I refuse to believe anyone in their right mind would not immediately go for a steel chair and just kill the shit out of their opponent until they were unconscious.[/QUOTE]

I 100% Agree with you on this...You would think that any Human in there right mind would automaticly go with a chair or a ladder and just start Destroying the guy....But thats not the question....

Basicly its just what everyones already said its just a fancier name for a No-DQ Match but Whispers right, The wrestlers act different do different things in certain matches so it dosnt look the same atleast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Phenom Will Make Jericho Rest.In.Peace At WM26

I always thought originally No Holds bared didn't mean no DQ But meant you could use choke holds, or wrap the guy in the ropes, and other such moves that would get you DQed in a normal match.

Street Fight
No Holds Barred
Hardcore Match
Extreme Rules
No Disqualification
Anything Goes
TECHNICALLY...

Street Fight - Happens in the streets, and guys don't wear traditional wrestling attire. It's more a brawling match, with people using closed fists to hit each other, which used to be banned in wrestling. Additionally, a street fight should be unsanctioned, and should be done without a referee.

No Holds Barred - Means that DQs can happen, but all holds are allowed, including chokes, eye gouges, closed fists, etc. But, if someone were to interfere in the match, or if weapons are used, then you can still be disqualified.

Hardcore Match - Hardcore matches will provide weapons for opponents to use on each other, as opposed to them having to find their own weapons. Also, traditional ways of winning (such as pinfall and submissions) do apply.

Extreme Rules - As far as I know, this is a match type made by the WWE to capitalize on the ECW brand...to the best of my knowledge, there are no rules, but really no guidelines either.

No DQ - Means that you can't be disqualified, but pins and submissions still must take place in the ring, and you can still be counted out and lose.

Anything Goes - Seems fairly self-explanatory to me.

They do this for specific wrestlers aswell.

eg: Finlay fought JBL in a Belfast Brawl at Wrestlemania 24. Claiming it was Finlay's match.

But while they all have essentially the same rules, I see them differently. I will hope for a match to be more weapons orientated in a Hardcore/Extreme Rules match. I look forward to Street fights the most though, for some reason.

It is true that depending on the match, the wrestlers stick to a certain game plan. When it's a no DQ match, it's rare to see steel chairs, ladders or tables. What you always see are wrestlers always using the small tv's and the annouce table. Usually after that there is interference from another wrestler or wrestlers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back