• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Night Of Champions: Triple H vs. John Cena

Once again, a Vickie angle is coming into play here post-NOC. I'm not sure if I agree with Vickie just stripping Triple H of the belt. While it would be insane, in a good way, to have a feud with Edge and HHH that features the return of Undertaker for unification of the titles. I don't know if WWE is willing to do that. They seem to want to add more titles, but to make one belt above the rest that all three brands can fight for could be interesting. I think their could be a war between brands angle over the one Undisputed title, if there is one. As for the match itself, I loved the result. Like a said in an earlier post, we had two options at NOC for the World Title matches, but I said that WWE had proven to be unpredicatble, such as the draft and Royal Rumble '08. Triple H pinned Cena, plain and simple, so now this is all up in the air, which is a good thing. Also I have to say this match was possibly one of the best WWE Championship matches, period. The crowd went nuts, and that spot with Triple H using the crossface.... unbelievable!

Struck With Finalty

Also I'm going way off the path here, but can anyone tell me how to upload an image to my signature, because at the bottom of my edit signature page it says that "you may not upload images." what's up with that?

What I can say about the main event. Match of the Night that was almost as good as their WM 22 match. Both guys were just awesome last night. I thought Cena was going to win the title since Edge retained but the WWE threw in another swerve in a PPV. The ending was unpredictable with the reversals and counters. I believe that at some point, we will see one more match between these two to break the tie.

But HHH winning leaves RAW without a world championship. Going to be interesting to see what happens from here. I'm can't predict what will happen next.

It was a good match, I was glad to see HHH go over Cena, especially since I never expected it. But I should have known, because wwe never wants to be too predictable and having Batista lose should have guaranteed that cena would win to bring the title to raw. But now at least they have a continuing story to tell apart from mcmahon's injury angle. On the topic of injury however, im wondering if Cena was actually injured in the match. King had said that Cena looked to have held his shoulder at a peculiar angle, like he did when he hurt his pectoral muscle. It did seem kind of odd that after Cena took the pedigree, he got fairly quickly and seemingly rushed his way to the back, never lifting his one arm up. It could have been disappointment he was trying to portray, but im not all that sure on that one.

I have to admit that this match was better than I thought it would be. While I don't have a tremendous amount of love for either wrestler, I was impressed and thought it was a good way to end the PPV. Although I would have been willing to bet at the time that punk was going to cash in his briefcase at the end of the match...HHH was hurt and not in very good shape, and it would have been a way to keep the title on raw without HHH losing credibility. Obviously they didn't go that direction, but even so, a good overall match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back