• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NHL DVD-Blu Ray Business

What Concepts of new DVD/Blu Ray could be successful

• Playoff Games per year in Anthology Format

• Playoff Games per year via individual series

• Rivalry Series between two teams that have ever been televised

• Keep the NHL DVD/Blu Ray Division as is

Results are only viewable after voting.

scomvp316

Getting Noticed By Management
This area the NHL could drastically improve on. The only other sport that has a weaker DVD Division is Soccer. One of the best things NHL has added since the last lockout was NHL Vault. I do think if the NHL was to enhance creative dvd ideas with certain successes could turn alot of casual fans to more hardcore hockey fans. One idea could be starting from the 1980 Playoff Season to release either the complete 1980 Playoffs as a anthology set or fans could purchase individual series. A Rivalry Series could be released with entire games from regular season and playoffs involving those two teams. Imagine fans watching every televised game between Montreal/Boston and or Boston/Philadelphia. Do some of you hockey fans believe that the NHL should enhance their DVD/Blu Ray Division?

Beyond just playoff games, or Stanley Cup runs, etc. I actually think the NHL should tap into the reality market again and get back to producing more behind the scenes productions where the focus is put on specific players or teams. The success of 24/7 is there for a reason — fans want to see this stuff, so give it to them!

Beyond that, I'd say there's likely also a market in producing individual documentaries on the games' greatest names and faces. "The Life of Mark Messier" for example, where you interview him on his entire up bringing the way you see done in wrestling right now. Footage of his games, his life, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back