Next Heyman Guy.......Bully Ray!

wrestler36

Championship Contender
Now everything is just speculation with Ray leaving TNA, so this is just a 'what if' situation. Personally, I think this would be awesome. It's like CM Punk's situation 2 years ago, where they don't necessarily need each other, but together it could be something special. I think Bully Ray and Paul could be awesome to help put over guys like Ziggler, Kofi, Big E, Swagger, etc. Bully plays the old school heel part perfectly. He still has the ability to bypass the 'cool heel' and make everyone hate him. And with the addition of Paul Heyman next to him being cocky and obnoxious, it would be just pure entertainment.

Would be great to see him back. My only concern is they will only want him back as a tag team with Devon . I love me some 3D but I don't to want to see them being used like the NAO for a short contact contact because they are old. I could see them taking the tag team championship for a PPV then losing and then gone the next PPV I rather see some younger talent getting pushed for the future than a cheap temporary pop.

Bully Ray said himself in an interview on either JR or Stone Cold's podcast that he didn't think he could work in a PG environment. His character wouldn't work. I have to completely agree with that. This was recent too. Within the past month or so.

Bully Ray said himself in an interview on either JR or Stone Cold's podcast that he didn't think he could work in a PG environment. His character wouldn't work. I have to completely agree with that. This was recent too. Within the past month or so.

I've heard a lot of guys say that (namely, Batista), but to me it's just an excuse. I'm sure everyone saw the promos Lesnar cut only a couple of weeks ago that had pretty much every obscenity in the book, ended with him saying he was gonna leave Cena in a pile of blood, vomit, and urine.

Or if you remember many of the Rock/Cena promos, they got pretty lenient with the whole PG thing at the time. I don't really think Bully Ray does anything as a character that couldn't work within the confines of current WWE. The problem is if he came in now, I don't think he would ever get the push he deserves as a singles star, so he would either get treated much in the same was Tensai did, or he would get the New Age Outlaws nostalgia run, but I don't think either option would be right for his character.

I've heard a lot of guys say that (namely, Batista), but to me it's just an excuse. I'm sure everyone saw the promos Lesnar cut only a couple of weeks ago that had pretty much every obscenity in the book, ended with him saying he was gonna leave Cena in a pile of blood, vomit, and urine.

Or if you remember many of the Rock/Cena promos, they got pretty lenient with the whole PG thing at the time. I don't really think Bully Ray does anything as a character that couldn't work within the confines of current WWE. The problem is if he came in now, I don't think he would ever get the push he deserves as a singles star, so he would either get treated much in the same was Tensai did, or he would get the New Age Outlaws nostalgia run, but I don't think either option would be right for his character.

Yeah WWE has too much talent. You got younger guys like Cesaro who aren't in the main event picture yet. I couldn't imagine them using Bully right.

If he wanted to come back and tag with Devon for a nice pay, maybe even do a TLC with Usos and some other team, go for it but personally for him to be so talented, I think he'd get lost in the shuffle if he was a solo wrestler in the WWE

I'd like to see this happen in the next few months. I'd personally don't believe Brock is going to carry the title until Mania and he will likely be off tv again after Night of Champions. This will be a way to keep Heyman on TV and he can work with someone he has ties with dating back to the ECW days. I would have
Bubba Ray make a immediate impact by attacking Cena and Powerbombing him through a table after Night of Champions. I'd rather see the Bubba Ray come in as a singles wrestler instead of seeing another Dudley Boys reunion.

I think Bully Ray could work in a PG era,batistas problem was his ego and he got his feelings hurt that the crowd boo'd him.. Lesnar what 2 weeks ago cut a promo used every profanity in the book you could think of.. Ended it with,I will leave Cena in a pool of Blood,Urine,and Vomit.. Thats stretching PG language a tad..

Bully Ray is an excellent worker.. Him and Heyman could work wonders together i think.. Bully Ray really wouldn't need help on the Mic,he cuts great promos and is good in the ring.. But the WWE i dont think needs him right now.. Bully cant be a face he is a excellent heel.. WWE has enough heels right now..

Good idea i just think the timing is off

If they bring Bully Ray back; they need to repackage him to suit a PG era. I never follow TNA because I find the show insulting to my intelligence. However; I know that Bully was a markedly improved professional and performer. I believe they should get the Dudley Boys back together but with a twist. Create a new 5 person Faction; WWE needs it now the Shield has gone. They should bring back the Dudley Family; bring in Billy Ray as leader, Devon as Deputy and then bring 3 new people up from NXT. But get the 3 new stars to have their own moves of destruction (like Dudley Boy's had the 3D through the tables). If you kept them together as a faction for a year; and booked it right, Billy Ray and Devon could add something to the tag and singles division; whilst gettign the 3 new stars over.

I dunno, WWE already turned down Angle apparently. WWE is getting too big. Guys like Adam Rose aren't even getting TV time anymore...althoughthatisagoodthing...*ahem*. Bully Ray would likely be reduced to midcard fodder.

I will be 100% honest here, I'd like to see it. If you would have told me that one half of the Dudley's would have a really great solo career at some point in their time in the ring, I would have laughed my ass off. Bully Ray surprised us. All of us. I still hate the name "Bully Ray" though. I don't know why, but it doesn't seem to have a good ring to it.

While I'd like to see him with Heyman, it wouldn't work in the WWE. He wouldn't do anything close to headlining. MAYBE he wins a mid-card title. He's too old for it. Plus, as a Heyman guy, how do you bring him in? You would have to give him some really quick heat and have him attack a heavily-cheered well-liked mid-card guy. The only guy I can really see that happening with right now would be Ambrose. But he's going to be on/off TV for his movie role. Not that I foresee Bully Ray coming into the WWE at all, I think his options would be so limited. Heyman is going to be focused strictly on Lesnar from here until WM31. After that, we'll see. I like the idea, but I just don't see it happening.

Bully (Bubba) Ray has turned himself into a credible singles wrestler and dare I say, a main event type superstar. I personally didn't think he could do it both physically and as an entertainer without Devon by his side. That being said, I don't think him coming back to the WWE would work for a couple of obvious reasons, and a few not so obvious:

1. WWE Schedule - The WWE schedule has it's superstars on the road about 250 days out of the year if not more. TNA wasn't even close to that type of work rate. Given Bubba Ray's advanced age and physical status, I don't see him signing on for that again.

2. Storyline - Although you can easily come up with a scenario that could bring him in, he did his best work as a heel and at the moment, the WWE is stacked with heels.

3. Current Status - I'm not sure he even wants to come back. I know his contract is expiring in TNA and it's not being renewed, but I know he has his wrestling school and the indie promotion with Dreamer that he's working with so I'm not sure he even wants or need to comeback. Maybe he does a legends deal to make a couple of appearances so he can get inducted into the HOF, but not enough to be a major player.

I don't know how over this idea is but if they wanted to push him into the main event they could have him reunite with DVon or Spike. They win the match(they'd be cheered and returning so the match would probably be against Rybaxel) and bam Bubba turns on his partner. It could give him quite a bit of heel heat.

Also I don't see why he wouldn't be able to get to the main event. Just from my recollection but Jeff Hardy came back from TNA and became a multiple time world champ? Didn't Christian do the same thing? These were mid card/tag champs in WWE and they went to TNA and that helped WWE realize their potential.

Now as others have stated, the timing is off. Bully is what, 43? He's a heel which WWE has quite a few of in the main event right now. So he'd have to be a face or he wouldn't get to the top. It'd be interesting. I could see Heyman helping him.

WWE needs heels right now and Bully has made himself one of the best in the business. Well not sure you can make yourself the best of anything while at TNA. Problem is Bully is aging and WWE doesnt seem keen on taking anyone from TNA right now. The againg part doesn't seem to be a big issue for them as they keep marching down RVD and Jericho every few months.

But to address the main part of your post. The next Heyman guy will be ????? nobody.
Brock is the guy and the only guy and with Brock being off TV. Heyman will be the sole mouthpiece for the champion while he is not on one of his handful of appearance dates.
If there was ever to be a different 'new' Heyman guy it would have to be a returning Punk and thats a stretch.

I doubt the WWE will want him. Not only for the fact that they need to start pushing some of the younger guys, but where would he even fit outside of being a midcarder? Of all the part-timers who've come back, Bubba would be the least valued. Even RVD had more value than him.

If it was Vince, I'd say the Dudley Boyz would come back, but there are going to be a lot of whispers in HHH's ear about not bringing Bubba back from Orton and Batista, who both hate the guy.

If HHH has no interest in Angle, and Angle didn't help do himself any favors going over HHH's head right to Vince, I doubt either Dudley will get a chance. Not to mention Bully/Dudleyz don't seem like they'd want to job to younger guys more than usual.

He should go the Styles route and make money on the indy circuit as both Bully Ray and with Devon. Won't be WWE money, but at least he can call his own shots.

I'd also like to add that Heyman was so upset that Dreamer and Bully Ray used ECW and Heyman in their promo against Rhyno, I doubt Heyman would want anything to do with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back