• Bruno Sammartino Inducted Into WWE Hall Of Fame

• Hulk Hogan And Eric Bischoff Leave TNA

• TNA Running Out Of Money

• Ric Flair Drunk At WWE 2K14 Panel, Jim Ross "Resigns"

• Death Of Paul Bearer

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
As in something that happened outside the ring. It could be something like the WWE Network getting a launch date, someone returning/leaving, an injury etc.

I'm having trouble coming up with anything, but Hogan leaving TNA has to be up there. For better or for worse, he was a major part of the company that seems to have left on not the greatest of terms.

The death of Paul Bearer.

TNA runs out of money.

Ric Flair entertaining the masses at the WWE 2K14 symposium and Jim Ross being scapegoated with a "retirement".

Shelton Benjamin signs for WWE and wins the Royal Rumble.

I want to say Paul Bearer because my mother came to me and said "Did you know Paul Bearer died? Wasn't he that fat guy who was with Undertaker?" So for my mom to know who he is says something.

TNA's money issues. This shouldn't be a contest, TNA hit a major turning point that has pretty ugly implications for any other company thinking about going national, now or in the future.

WCW went out while people still gave a fuck about it. TNA, however, seems determined to make sure no one's around to see if they shut the doors on it.

Totally forgot about Darren Young. Orton's ball-slap has to be bigger news by a mile, though, and it's not even close, since it happened here in South-Africa. :p

Don't forget about Hogan's sex tape. Watcha gonna do when Hulkamania shoots all over you?

TNA's financial issues, the death of Paul Bearer, Hogan and Bischoff leaving TNA, and Jake and Scott turning their lives around are the big stories. Darren Young coming out is big, but it depends on how that affects people individually. To some it's a huge deal and others it's not. Ultimately I went with Bruno's induction because for so long he refused the Hall because of the reputation of the company, and now that he's in it's more like a this era's stamp of change and regrowth within the company has finally been cemented.

Everything pales in comparison to Roberts and Hall. While both likely need further intervention then DDP, both are still alive when they would otherwise likely be dead.

Hogan & Bischoff leaving TNA and TNA's financial woes are probably the most talked about happenings regarding TNA of in 2013. Pretty much everything else going on with the company has been massively overshadowed. I had to go with Hogan & Bischoff leaving as the story of the year. After bleeding TNA for, allegedly, $30,000 per appearance for 3.5 years, Hogan's latest gravy train finally ran outta grease. Between hemorrhaging money due to taking the show on the road, going live every other week, not drawing the kind of big crowds they needed on the road and no increase in TV ratings or ppv buys, they simply couldn't afford to meet Hogan's asking price.

Darren Young coming out kind of came off as a big deal at first due to all the mainstream media coverage it got. It's all but forgotten now, but maybe that's a good thing for a couple of reasons. For one reason, WWE didn't even attempt to use Young coming out as part of a storyline that would have, more than likely, degenerated into some tacky & offensive angle. Another reason is that there can't be accusations of the company pushing Young because of the notoriety of him being the first openly gay, active WWE roster member. It had the potential of opening up another can of worms. In the long run, WWE not making a huge deal about Young coming out might pay off for them if his career ultimately doesn't reach certain heights or he's released. After all, how many bitter ex employees have made claims of prejudice for being fired or "held back" or whatever else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back