New York Region, St. Louis Subregion: First Round:(6)AJ Styles vs. (27)Masahiro Chono

Who Wins This Match

• AJ Styles

• Masahiro Chono

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the New York Region.

This match takes place in the Scottrade Center, St. Louis, Missouri.

front.jpg

#6 AJ Styles

AJ-Styles2-psd35247.png

Vs.

#27 Masahiro Chono

Chono.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Wow! Chono is a name I haven't heard in quite a while. He is a true Legend and I bet most people that have heard of him, or watched him perform, would say exactly that.

But in this match, he loses to Styles. A.J. can match "styles" with most people. Whether it is high flying or a sufficient ground attack, A.J. can do it.

I still think A.J. needs work on the mic. Though he is getting better, I must admit. But, that doesn't effect my vote at all in this match. I think A.J. undoubtedly takes this. It would be a good match, but my vote easily is cast for A.J. Styles.

A great match here, but the winner is probably the most entertaining man in-ring currently wrestling today, and that man is AJ Styles.

Capable of wrestling anybody and having a great match, with some of the most exciting, innovative and spectacular offense I have ever seen, Styles is truly phenomenal.

Spiral tap for the win in 10 minutes here

I said in Kobashi's thread that Japanese wrestlers rarely beat big American names in the United States, but I'm not sure that applies so strongly here as Chono did have a decent career of sorts in WCW. Winning the NWA title is no mean feat, that's for sure, but he won it against a Japanese wrestler and never defended it against an American. His title match wasn't even anywhere near the top of the card, so we shouldn't read too much into that. When he did face Americans for the top title, he came up short against both Rick Rude and Lex Luger.

Styles is incredibly talented, and easily one of the most watchable wrestlers of recent times. The thing I wonder with him is why he doesn't seem to be able to draw very much, when he has a lot of star quality. I think the answer is probably down to a lack of exposure and the fact his surroundings don't exactly scream out "I'm a big deal".

AJ would probably get the job done here in what would be an entertaining match by virtue of having had more success in the world title picture, and probably being that little bit more able to get the crowd behind him in America.

AJ Styles is, arguably, the most technically gifted in ring performer of the modern professional wrestling era. He brings a lot of talent, toughness, and high flying into the ring every time he enters it, and mental fortitude as well. He must be a very resilient guy emotionally to have been able to have stayed loyal to TNA for his entire career. A lesser man would have caved by now and gone elsewhere to display his skills in front of an actual audience. This type of loyalty, all sarcasm aside, has to be respected.

His opponent? Quite honestly, I have never even heard of him, so i really cannot comment on him. For me, a contest between the top guy of the present day (according to some) versus Joe Anonymous, and the result should be clear and emphatic. Styles Clash, and it is on to round #2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back