New WWE Logo VS The "Scratched" Logo

ECW Sandman

Getting Noticed By Management
Here is a legitimate question for everyone, Why are people so against WWE having a brand new company logo, the current one is so outdated it does not fit the current product, is it because it's the last visible sight of the Attitude Era or what it's just a logo.

So heres the question are you in favor of the new company logo or are you still wanting to keep the old "scratched" logo .

Your Thoughts.

I like the scratch logo because it is the last symbolic resemblance of how pro wrestling should be executed. It should always have its rough edges. Pro wrestling, even WWE, cannot become totally straight edge and corporate. All puns aside, pro wrestling, even publicly traded WWE should have an image of being rough, spontaneous, and raucous.

I say that because I believe WWE should always cling to its pro wrestling roots.

I like the new logo because the WWE is very far removed from what the scratch logo represents.

Although if I were designing the new logo, I'd personally get away from the stacked W concept altogether. They've had a variation of that logo since the 70's/80's.

I don't mind the new logo. I think it'll grow on us more and more as time goes on just like every other logo. With that being said, I do like the scratch logo because it reminds me of times when wrestling was amazing in the late 90s, and early 2000s.

The new one is fine. It's not as dramatic of a change as the "big block" WWF to the scratch logo, which in that case was REALLY signifying a wholesale change in how the company wanted to be perceived. The new one is just "cleaner" and modern looking to go along w/ the debut of the WWE Network. Not a big deal. At least it's staying true it's "template".

My problem with the wwe logo is simple - much like the current wwe title, it is lame. Your logo should represent your company - Apple with its apple, etc. With wwe, where is the "e" in the logo? I understand originally why they used it when it was the scratch logo after they changed their name but if you are going to update it, pick something different that makes sense. When I look at it, I see 3 w's piled on top of each other. Imagine if Warner Brothers decided not to use the W and just styled their logo around the B - would seem pretty dumb. Same here.

I grew up with the scratched WWF and WWE logos so naturally I prefer the scracthed logo. The new modern logo isn't horrible but id like it if they just kept it to the network and not the main programming. I feel we all need a little reminder of where we came from so sticking with the scratch logo is that reminder for me of what the WWE was back in the day

My problem with the wwe logo is simple - much like the current wwe title, it is lame. Your logo should represent your company - Apple with its apple, etc. With wwe, where is the "e" in the logo? I understand originally why they used it when it was the scratch logo after they changed their name but if you are going to update it, pick something different that makes sense. When I look at it, I see 3 w's piled on top of each other. Imagine if Warner Brothers decided not to use the W and just styled their logo around the B - would seem pretty dumb. Same here.

The E is when ya take the WW on their side that's where's it's at. As far as the Logo it doesn't matter to me as long as it's a WWE logo.

Turn the Ws sideways. There's your E. Obviously it's not a perfect E, but the F at the end of the block WWF logo wasn't really an F either. I had no idea there were people who didn't know that the E was already there.

The new logo is fine. They didn't need to make a massive change, but it was probably time for an update. It's just enough to catch your attention with something new without trying to fix what isn't broke.

I never liked the scratch logo because IMO it looked dirty and appeared to represent a low IQ. In fact, to me it always looked like a child scribbled the logo with a canyon.

The new logo makes me think the WWE wants to be a transformers faction. (God I'm such a nerd) XD

Joking aside it does have a "modern" feel to it compared to the more hardcore days of the attitude era, so I guess it's fitting since they're moving toward the future with the network and such.

I never liked the scratch logo because IMO it looked dirty and appeared to represent a low IQ. In fact, to me it always looked like a child scribbled the logo with a canyon.

I always assumed that's where it came from, one of Shane's kids was scribbling on a piece of paper, turns to Vince and says Grandpa look. Vince is dumbfounded by the creativity, picks up his phone, calls Tony Schiavone to tell him to update the logo, Schiavone explains he doesn't work for Vince, Vince fires him for back talking him, then called the Brooklyn Brawler to really get things moving toward the new logo. Brawler jobbed to the new logo and before you know it, they're putting it on Titan Tower.

I like the updated WWE logo and have no problem if moving forward it becomes used across all platforms and not just for the network. The scratch logo had its time and place just like the block logo before it, and now its time for an update. I like that the continuity is there as you can see the old logo in this logo so its more a refresh rather than a full on update.

Remember how big a deal it was when they changed the classic, old school WWF logo into the modern day (at the time) scratched logo? It just fit. The new product was edgy and hardcore, so the new logo represented that new era of professional wrestling.

When they became WWE (damn you pandas!), the more streamlined WWE logo fit as well. The product was still edgy enough and the scratch logo really hadn't even been around that long. Now that it's 2014..... it's time for a change. As most know from watching the current product, this is not the WWF/E we used to watch during the Monday Night Wars. It's not even close. The scratch logo just looks wrong.

It would be like the USA still using the old Betsy Ross American flag with the circle of 13 stars (does anyone here know what I'm talking about? :laugh:). The USA now has 50 states and doesn't remotely resemble the original 13 colonies any longer. To hold on to that instead of evolving would be crazy. Of course, our current flag still resembles and pays homage to the original flag, but has changed with the times.

The same can be said about the new WWE Network logo (they haven't officially adopted it as the new logo quite yet). It draws inspiration from the original WWF logo (more straight lines) and the Attitude Era WWF and WWE logos (the red swoosh line). Could it have been better? Probably, but all things considered, I think it's a good representation of WWE's current slogan: Then, Now, Forever.

I was looking on line and came across on google and I don't know if its real or photoshopped but the WWE Title Belt with the new logo, and to be quite honest it looks good.

I like the logo. While it isn't some sort of radically alternate design, it has something of a cleaner and more modern feel about it, as others have pointed out.

The scratch logo is along the same line as the spinner belt design for the WWE Championship: it worked just fine for a while, its time and place, but stayed around for a lot longer than it really should have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back