New WWE Gimmick Matches

With Extreme Rules coming up, I think the time is ripe for a "create a new gimmick match" thread. The WWE hasn't introduced a new match type in awhile, so maybe they're in need of a few ideas. Since WWE management loves to read threads on internet wrestling forums, I say we help them out and come up with some new gimmick matches.

An idea I've had for awhile is basically a variant of a Triple Threat Match called a Juggernaut Match (working title). Here's how it works:
- The wrestler who scores the first fall is the Juggernaut
- If the Juggernaut scores another fall, they win the match
- If one of the other two wrestlers pins the Juggernaut or makes them submit, that wrestler becomes the new Juggernaut and the match continues
- Essentially, the Juggernaut is always faced with a 2-on-1 scenario, which could lead to some interesting alliances over the course of the match

Yes, that match type is inspired by a game mode in Halo, but I still think it would make for an exciting, action-packed match. I also think it's a pretty straightforward idea, and often the simplest ideas are the best.
So let's see what you guys can come up with...

Steel Cage Ladder Match or Hell in a Cell Ladder Match.
Both matches have 1 ladder and belt hanging above.

Another match idea is Steel Cage Battle Royale.
Winner is last man remaining within the cage.
Tagline is 'Who is the real caged animal?'

Also I suggest a Fatal Fourway Steel Cage Elimination Casket Match.
Winner is only person not in a Casket.

One last idea, Steel Cage with roof.

Also I suggest a Fatal Fourway Steel Cage Elimination Casket Match.
Winner is only person not in a Casket.

Lmao! That is awesome!

I had some ideas a year or two back, time to polish em up a bit.

How about a Free-For-All Last Man Standing Match, 6-8 men, once your down for 10 secs your out, imagine people going through stages announce tables, maybe someone gets knocked out in a tour bus, chaos would ensue!

A Referee Revenge Match (Special Guest possibly)

4 men locked in a cage, at 5 minute intervals, a new weapon is introduced into the cage.

Elimination Pin or Submit.

Some great ideas here. I like the idea of having
A hell in the cell with a ladder on top of the cell
With the title hanging. Will be good to see Bryan
Defend against Ambrose in a match like that both
Would gain face pops.

I also like the idea of at money in the bank have your
Typical ladder match for a briefcase. But with all the talent
On the roster there should be another brief case. 6 men
Elimination style where they can only lose by submission.
Actually this would be Mitch Better at elimination chamber.
Lets say the main event.
Brock lesnar(c) vs Kurt angle vs john cena
Daniel Bryan vs sheamus vs Alberto del rio/swagger/kidd
In a submission elimination for the belt.
I'd also like to see a normal cage match filled with weapons,
Ladders and tables.
Also a match that wcw use to have
With my own twist. Have a cage. Fill with weapons.
You have to climb a ladder to get a pair of hand cuffs.
Then you can cuff your opponent to the cage and bring hell
On him, cena vs Wyatt or Goldust vs Cody will suite this.
Although in future when shield breaks up have Ambrose
Vs reigns one on one. Reigns will have some hot manager.
Ambrose cuffs reigns and destroyes reigns new squeeze.
Hair vs hair match. Pair of scissors and clippers hangin in the air
Bryan vs del Rio lol. With the loser having to keep the haircut
The winner gives them for half a year.
Another match I'd like is an eight man ladder match elimination.
You can't climb the ladder untill there is only 2 of you left..
Also I'd like to see a legit wwe strongman competition
Winner gets a crown or a medal.
Cesaro vs ryback vs big e vs big show vs mark Henry etc
Love to see the iron man match brought back.
But in a different way. Like 1st pin your apponent,
2nd submit your opponent,3rd pin your opponent using
Their finisher etc.
Also a submission I quit match .hopefully del Rio vs Kidd
For the USA title. If you say I quit, you can not challenge
For the wwe title or enter mib or royal rumble for a year

I'd like to see a 16 man tournament where the competitors surround the ring and the matches are fought consecutively. It could almost take up an entire ppv and you could throw in some gimmick matches to keep things fresh ie: no dq for semi finals, 2/3 falls for final. It would be exceptionally good on NXT, the winner getting a shot at the title or perhaps a spot on the main roster.

Rather than a new match type I'd like them actually fill the survivor series card with traditional S S matches. I,d also have the final like in 1990 where the face survivors from the nights matches go against the heel survivors.

I think too many gimmick matches take away their impact and as such they should be few and far between.

Okay well this isn't exactly a 'new' gimmick but I would love to see something to take the place of Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania. Now that both the Streak and the MitB matches are gone I think a new attraction would be a good thing.

My idea would be, along the lines of the Money in the Bank ladder match except have it feature NXT guys and in the briefcase hanging above the ring is a main roster contract. It would be a great way to bring up a new guy each year and also give some exposure to the other NXT talents.

A Four Way Iron Man Match – With four competitors and different combinations allowing for appropriate rest time this type of match could tell a compelling story.

Deadly Games Match – It could involve any number of competitors but ideally it would work best in a 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 contest. There would be four boxes/cases placed around the ring and in each box/case is a stipulation/gimmick. The match begins as standard rules but when an individual or team opens a case the match becomes whatever is listed inside. As an example the first box/case could be “loser leaves town.” If one individual takes the loss they are gone. The incentive to get another box/case open to change the rules would greatly increase. The match could end at any point under the guidelines of the stipulation/gimmick going on.

This will never happen in the future, not in the E, but I would have loved to seen a “Bunny in the Bank” ladder match. Six or eight competitors and the winner gets a spread in Play Boy Magazine.

Pretty cool topic. I'll share my thoughts...

I think a Fatal Four Way Ironman match would be pretty fun. I do it all the time on WWE 2K14 but with the HIAC cage. Now they dont necessarily have to make it in a cage of some sort but it would still be fun to watch.

I like the idea of the NXT Ladder Match at Wrestlemania. I think they could make that a little bit better/easier than the Royal Rumble spot thing they have.

A reverse count-out match is pretty cheap, but it is something. Instead of wrestlers having a en count when they're outside the ring, they have a ten-count INSIDE the ring. Pretty lame but im just spit balling here.

I've seen a couple of Indie Promotions do a Tri-Tables match, which is basically an Ironman match but the only way to score is to put your opponent through a table, and the first person to score three points wins.

And lastly, The Juggernaut Match that OP posted also sounds like a fun Idea. I'm all for it.

Not really a match but a gimmick style system to determine number one contenders. Rock Star Pro uses scoring system for contenders in their American Luchacore division. There are five or six guys competing. They square off in a variety of matches each week and earn points according on how the victory is obtained. When a competitor reaches 10 points they get a match at the next TV taping or major event. What really makes the system interesting is when competitors drop a match points are then deducted. If an individual falls below zero they are removed from the division and two new competitors compete for the open spot. Those who have been kicked out can rejoin at a later date but have to earn their way back in. In the E I could see this bring used for the US, in ROH for the TV and TNA for the X.

I think a TLC Elimination Match would be cool.
1. Start with 4 guys. Steel chairs are legal. Elimination by pinfall/submission.
2. Down to three guys. Tables become legal. Elimination by being put through a table.
3. Down to the final two. Ladders become legal. Win by climbing a ladder to retrieve the Title.
That could easily be a cool attraction at the TLC PPV this year.

I also had an idea for a Tornado Tag-Team Match were it takes three falls to win. This could be 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 and there would be no disqualifications and no countouts. It's anything goes. To win the match your team needs to score a fall in the ring, on the outside of the ring, and then in crowd or maybe backstage. It would guarantee that the fight goes all around the arena.

My last match idea is a type of structure match. Imagine the frame of a steel cage without the mesh walls. So you'd just have a pillar in each corner, with the four pillars connected across the top by a platform. Kind of like Elevation X, but forming a square over the edges of the ring rather than an X across the middle. The point of the structure is for aerial moves and the match would work best with high fliers. You could jump of the platform above the ring and it would allow allows for suicide dives since here aren't any walls. No idea what to call the match. No idea how you win.

Since WWE management loves to read threads on internet wrestling forums, I say we help them out and come up with some new gimmick matches.

:lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao:

(God I hope that was sarcasm...)

Seriously though, this is an awesome thread. Some really good ideas here. From new tweaks on current gimmicks, to brand new matches. My idea is for a six way elimination #1 Contender match.

Six guys start in the ring, and the match goes until five of them have been eliminated via pinfall or submission, like a normal six way elimination match. But the twist is that each person who eliminates somebody earns their way into a title match, preferably but necessarily later that night(it adds to the intrigue...once a guy gets an elimination and advances, does he keep trying to stop other people from getting in the title match or does he lay back and rest up for the title match?). So you could have anywhere from one to five guys getting into the title match. I call it a Fighting For Five match(working title; a spin on the term "Five For Fighting" and they're fighting for five potential spots in the title match). It could work with more or less than six people, if you change the name.

Also, this isn't a new idea, but if they ever separate the World titles again I'd really like them to move the MITB match back to WrestleMania and have both briefcases hanging in a single match. Allowing, theoretically, for one wrestler to win both briefcases, but the briefcases would have to be far enough apart that they can't be grabbed at the same time.

I know this one has been done, and I know WWE likely won't do it because it's a TNA idea, but I'd like to see them try a "feast or fired" match. Maybe change it where instead of a ladder match they have a 4, 5 or 6 way elimination match and only the 4 guys who score pinfalls and submissions get a briefcase. So if, say, Kofi Kingston scores a pin over, say, Sandow, then Kofi gets to pick what briefcase he wants. Then, once the match is over, everyone who won a briefcase has to open it. This would be great for a curtain-jerker because I have always found these matches interesting and whoever holds a title shot briefcase can choose to cash it in later that night.

Picture a ring that is twice as high off the ground as a normal ring, then above this, is another smaller ring. You start with 30 men wrestling outside the ring and once someone gets a pinfall/submission they can move to the next ring. If you enter the next level without a pinfall/submission you are then eliminated from the match. Also, if you are knocked off of a level, you must pin/submit someone to ascend again. At the top level you could either have a title/contract hanging or just be required to pin/submit someone on that level to win.

I think this would be interesting, as you can include a lot of talent and also have a lot of good spots. I have no idea how to build the structure, but I am sure it could be done. I would call it a Pyramid Match. Also, I am really enjoying this thread. Great idea!!!!

It isn't a new idea but I would like to see the return of the extreme elimination chamber match back from ECW's December to Dismember. I thought it was a great concept and would love to see it instead of the boring old regular elimination chamber.

Hell in a Cell - TLC match with no ladders 8)-

Hang the belt/briefcase in the center of the top of cage and whoever gets it wins.. Watch them try and climb cage or across top of cage but have the winner sneak outside, climb the cage and cut in from above

I also like the TLC in an elimination chamber or an Iron man match in a cage w/ more than 2 guys

Another match idea is Steel Cage Battle Royale.
Winner is last man remaining within the cage.
Tagline is 'Who is the real caged animal?'

That's a strange match, in a battle royal you want to be the last one in the ring, but in a cage match you want to be the first out.

Actually, how would you get everyone out of the ring? No one would be stupid enough to climb up the cage if they need to stay in, and you can't have everyone go out the door??

Deadly Games Match – It could involve any number of competitors but ideally it would work best in a 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 contest. There would be four boxes/cases placed around the ring and in each box/case is a stipulation/gimmick. The match begins as standard rules but when an individual or team opens a case the match becomes whatever is listed inside. As an example the first box/case could be “loser leaves town.” If one individual takes the loss they are gone. The incentive to get another box/case open to change the rules would greatly increase. The match could end at any point under the guidelines of the stipulation/gimmick going on.

That's a really interesting idea. It's kind of like the "Feast or Fired" match in TNA, but I like the thought of a team being able to change the rules of a match as it's ongoing. I think it could get a bit messy or over-the-top if booked incorrectly (Hi, Vince Russo!), but the idea itself is something that catches my attention.

Also, I like the idea of a Fatal 4 Way Iron Man match, as I don't think there's ever been more than a 1-on-1 Iron Man Match before. This would keep the match fresh and exciting, and reduce the need for wrestlers to reuse moves they have already utilised in the match.

Finally, I think another poster mentioned this, but a 2-out-of-3-falls TLC match wouls be awesome, with only chairs available for the 1st fall, the 2nd fall requiring you to put your opponent through a table, and finally (if required) a 3rd fall of having to climb a ladder.

a lot of these ideas are not new and have been done in tna and wcw. example a steel cage ladder match, wcw did that with jeff jarrett. some ideas are just dumb, such as casket cage match, the caskets are normally outside the ring and with a cage it would be nearly impossible to win. most of these ideas seems to be inspired by vince russo and if tna put any of them on tv you guys would bitch and moan so much

There are two gimmick matches I would like to see:

1. Money In The Bank TLC Match

Pretty simple to understand a Money in the bank match but instead of just ladders throw in Tables and chairs for good measure.

2. Elimination Chamber TLC Match

Same as before all the same old rules apply just throw in tables, ladders and chairs for good measure to make it even more extreme.

Quick note on the first one: with it being a very extreme match maybe they won't have two of these matches on the same night (money in the bank ppv) have one at the MITB ppv and then have one of these match at the TLC ppv also.

A singles match inside the Elimination Chamber. A title is hung from the top of the chamber and each pod has a different variety of weapon inside of it, the last of which being a ladder to retrieve the belt. They could call it a TLC Elimination Chamber match and include those 3 weapons in the pod. The 4th pod could perhaps have a third competitor inside that enters the match if the belt isn't grabbed within the 5 minutes that the ladder is available. Or they just call it an Extreme Elimination Chamber match and use a 4th weapon.

Also, here's a radical new idea when it comes to cage matches: Keep the door locked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back