New Themes, For Bad Or Worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWLives

Dark Match Jobber
New themes in ECW, It gives it a bad atmosphere, the proper hits as themes were part of ECW and with sandman not having enter sandman, or dreamers Man In The Box, Its what suits there character, Not some dumb wwe made themes.:boobs:

Worse.

Sandman - Changed to the point that its not even relevant to his name, but I blame Metallica for that.

Angle - What in the world? They edited the theme so that the part fans chanted "You Suck" to wasn't there? How pathetic and lame is that, especially for an ECW audience that loves their cheering.

I don't think Angles theme even belongs in an ECW event, and now without the you suck parts, its completely garbage. I think themes are a stupid part of a show to begin with but in Sandmans case, bring his Back! nothing even compares to when he would come out and the whole arena singing the song.
SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN! GRIPPING YOUR PILLOW TIGHT!

I, for one, like Angle's new music. Is it really that important for the fans to chant "You suck" when he comes out?! Really? I liked the old ECW themes, but you have to realize...artists want royalties if you are gonna play their music. I knew this. That's why I didn't make a big deal when the themes were different. Um...did anyone notice that Balls didn't have different music? I didn't hear any lyrics, but it totally sounded like "Big Balls". I know you guys won't like or care about me mentioning this, but if you are gonna change "Show's" music, change it all the way! I heard even he hates it!! Sometimes, Vince, you have no freakin clue!

The Masked Vato said:
I, for one, like Angle's new music. Is it really that important for the fans to chant "You suck" when he comes out?! Really? I liked the old ECW themes, but you have to realize...artists want royalties if you are gonna play their music. I knew this. That's why I didn't make a big deal when the themes were different. Um...did anyone notice that Balls didn't have different music? I didn't hear any lyrics, but it totally sounded like "Big Balls". I know you guys won't like or care about me mentioning this, but if you are gonna change "Show's" music, change it all the way! I heard even he hates it!! Sometimes, Vince, you have no freakin clue!

You right, it isn't important for the fans to chant "you suck". but the fact they pulled it out for ECW television is what I don't understand. Sorry, Is that refering to Big Show's music or the ECW show's theme? If it is Big shows it does suck and they didn't change it, but its probably the most annoying of them all. Yeha I like Sabus too Virginpusher, it was a good update

Ya see, the thing i dont like about the not having sandmans theme song is that, a whole bunch of new wrestling fans are seeing ecw for the first time, and instead of seeing the sandman as i did and say"this guy is fucking awseome!" they will just pass him over.

For the new fans, the theme is the most important part of a character, that and the whole entrance and attitude are what new fans latch onto.

They changed Kurt's music before he went to ECW. If you noticed when Paul revealed his draft pic, it didn't play either. I thought it was great. Even if you don't like Kurt Angle, he is better than that nonsense. I was talking about the Big Show. His music sucked, but all they did was update it. I totally think he should have been the one with Eriic Watts old theme, though you guys may think it corny. He could have ome out to no music and it would have been better.
Um....I never was a big fan of Sandman. I always thought his entrance overshadowed his matches. I was more of a fan of Dreamer, Raven, Roadkill, Lynn, etc. That's just me though. As for the entrance being the most important part of the "character", you're right! Characters are good too, but I like the wrestling. I latch on to good matches.

I dont know if anyone else noticed, but at the vengeance press conference, RVD came out to the song form the wreckless intent cd, much better than his other crap theme, hope he uses it from now on. (miss walk though)

The thing I wonder is how come they can't use the Motorhead version of Enter the Sandman when the WWE has used them in the past for HHH?

I didn't notice they updated Show's music, all I heard was Weeeeeellllllllll It's the Big Show! and tuned it out, I dont remember Eric Watts old theme but im sure it was better than the Big Shows, They should just take something of the wreckless intent cd. I agree will7046, RVD's wreckless song was sweet, after hearing it at the press conference I downloaded it, nice update of his old one. ECW can't use the Motorhead version because they still need to get the rights from Metallica because the original was copyrighted

The Masked Vato said:
They changed Kurt's music before he went to ECW. If you noticed when Paul revealed his draft pic, it didn't play either. I thought it was great.

Angle mentioned in an interview a while back that he enjoyed the heat he got from fans chanting "You Suck", even when he was being a face it was good to have recognition like that.

Also during this year, Angle opted for a new type of neck surgery that allowed him to return in three months rather than a year. During this time Angle would gain respect from the audience, and told them that he was proud of the "You Suck!" chants. Team Angle, however, turned on him. Angle told his former protégées that he "earned" the "You Suck" chants, and kicked them out of his group. Haas and Benjamin later re-dubbed themselves "The World's Greatest Tag Team".

All I know is that Vince needs to be such a cheepass and pay Metallica the money for the rights to play Enter Sandman. It is just not the same without the song. It can't cost that much money to able to play the song especially when you are Vince.

While I like the motorhead cover of Enter Sandman, it wouldn't feel the same, although it would definetely be better than what he has now.

The problem is metallica was suposedly asking for something like 8-10 million for the rights to use its song as an entrance. I mean..the sandman doesn't draw 8-10 million dollars. I loved his entrance, it was great. But I don't think we can blame Vince for metallica being greedy bastards about the right to use the song. And yea, they can't use the motorhead song because Metallica still owns the rights.

I think the best thing for Sandman would be if they found another metal song, a) popular or easy to sing along too or b) easy to sing along too. His gimmic is limping along without the sing along entrance. Did anyone see Lordi's Eurovision hardrock hallelaugha song that won? I could see that working for Sandman and I bet they could get the song cheap.

I'll post this in the "Ask A Question" thread too, but why was Paul Heyman able to procure the rights to all of these songs, but Vince McMahon isn't? I seriously agree with everyone who says McMahon is so tight that he squeaks - well if you're too cheap to get the same themes for these guys, at least have Jim Johnston write songs for them that don't suck. Sorry, but the music for Sandman, RVD, FBI (nice "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" ripoff), Tommy Dreamer, etc. just isn't cutting it.

Sabu's new theme is cool. Arguably the best theme in the new ECW.

Kurt Angle's new theme sucks. They took the original theme, cut out the best part and added a whole lot of synthesizers. It sounds like a Mannheim Steamroller song now. If you're going to be lame about not using the "You Suck" part because it supposedly "doesn't fit in" with the new ECW, at least just write a new theme altogether.

Zoltaire said:
The problem is metallica was suposedly asking for something like 8-10 million for the rights to use its song as an entrance. I mean..the sandman doesn't draw 8-10 million dollars. I loved his entrance, it was great. But I don't think we can blame Vince for metallica being greedy bastards about the right to use the song. And yea, they can't use the motorhead song because Metallica still owns the rights.

I think the best thing for Sandman would be if they found another metal song, a) popular or easy to sing along too or b) easy to sing along too. His gimmic is limping along without the sing along entrance. Did anyone see Lordi's Eurovision hardrock hallelaugha song that won? I could see that working for Sandman and I bet they could get the song cheap.

Damn thats alot of money, hasn't Metallica made enough? First Napster and know this, those bastards should fry!!!! I agree with you with Sandman atleast getting another metal song or anysong with lyrics to sing when he's caning someone. The WWE has worked with Drowning Pool,Motorhead, Killswitch Engage, and countless other groups, why not use something of theres? I'm a big fan of Drowning Pool with all three singers they had, and WWE already has the bodies song they should bring in the song Step up for sandman, easy to sing to, and would bring in a shit load of energy in the arenas

Soul Crusher said:
Kurt Angle's new theme sucks. They took the original theme, cut out the best part and added a whole lot of synthesizers. It sounds like a Mannheim Steamroller song now. If you're going to be lame about not using the "You Suck" part because it supposedly "doesn't fit in" with the new ECW, at least just write a new theme altogether.
Jeez, if you guys want to chant so badly, why not join a chorus or become a monk? Kurt Angle's music is fine. His behavior, as of late, is not. Lose the stupid messages on the mouthpieces and shut up. By the way, I like Kurt Angle.

WOW!! That is a lot of money to ask for a song. Metallica are a bunch of greedy bastards. But I agree with 5th Horseman, If they cannot get the rights to Enter Sandman, which would really suck, then they need to get a hard rock song that fits the Sandman.

I find it funny when Paul heyman was talking about ECW first coming back, in an interview he mentioned something to the fact that he was going to have the freshest and greatest music, well where is it Paul? Where is it?

Zoltaire said:
The song that took Europe by storm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0PFj9wiEZw - hey if not Sandman, its a band dressed up as monsterous freaks I'm sure SciFi would get off on some one using it.
That is a sweet song for Euro-music! The band seems like a European heavy metal version of Slipknot. Maybe because its a live version, but IMO I don't think its hard enough for Sandman, But the band wouold fit in with Sci-fi pretty good. They should bring in Slipknot too! If anyone hasn't heard there music, go to youtube and watch their Duality video, This song would be sweet for sandman, the chorus would fit in the ECW crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back