New Japan Best of Super Juniors and Taichi! Let The Games Begin

Hard Hit Prince

Not really working as a
I know this boards isn't big on puroresu, but in the case there's one or two other posters who care for it, there it is, the bar room discussion edition of the best cruiserweight tournament of the year.

For those who don't know, The Best of Super Juniors is a round-robin tournament with some of the best highflyers in the world at the time. Some well known winners are Jushin Thunder Liger, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Finn Bálor and LU's own Prince Puma as Ricochet. Last year's edition was won by UK's own "The Aerial Assassin" Will Ospreay.

Some fun facts before the blocks - this one will be Jushin Thunder Liger's last BOSJ. He has the record for most wins (tied, really) and most participations too. The winner gets a IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship match, however the champion is also a part of the tournament. When a champion wins, he usually goes Heavyweight after it - the most recent one being Finn Bálor. Win is 2 points, a draw is 1 point and a loss is 0 points.

I'm not going one by one on the blocks. Search. Use Wikipedia, it helps.

I am keeping far away from spoilers. I've only watched the first two days so far. Scurll fits right in, I think he's great! Liger also has had good showings! Taka vs Taichi was also very unique, a march against each other without actually touching each other, genius.

Perhaps I'm in the minority but I thought Ricochet vs Ospreay was too overblown. The finisher steals were unnecessary and I thought Ospreay's selling was bad.

I would really like Dragon Lee to win and possibly have brief transitional reign only for Hiromu to get it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back