Neville Not Under Contract With WWE

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned former Cruiserweight Champion Neville is no longer under contract with WWE.

While details are scarce, a source with direct knowledge of the situation has now confirmed Neville — formerly known as PAC — is not tied down to a WWE deal as of this moment.

No word on when WWE parted ways with the wrestler, therefore it’s unclear if he’s still under a no compete clause.

As we previously reported, the 32-year-old wrestler walked out on WWE in October 2017 and he’s been radio silent since vanishing from the company.

-Credit @Pro Wrestling Sheet

This sucks. Truth be told, I really thought that they would have sorted something out to get Neville back for NXT UK. Maybe Neville didn't want to go back to NXT, even if it meant that he was getting to spend more time and home and being a much bigger deal than he would be on the main roster.

But the fact is, seemingly, that the WWE hasn't been able to get Neville tied down to a contract extension. Seems ridiculous to me that Neville downed tools because he didn't get extra money from DVD sales and I lost a bit of respect for him, if that was the case.

Regardless, it seems as though he now joins the free agents list and could be a great talent for an indy promotion. It'll be interesting to see where the King of the Cruiserweight turns up next.

Until he's either book on a show or that WWE officially announce that he's release, i'm taking this news as a rumor. Mostly because it's not in WWE's nature to not officially announce when somebody is release. So for now, since nothing as been confirm by either party, it's just a rumor.

But if this turned out to be true then i wish good luck to Neville on the indy scene. The guy is talented and was in the mix of a pretty good run in WWE when he just took his ball and went home. I get that he was upset that he was ask to job to somebody like Enzo, plus the whole mania preshow stuff not being included on the DVD last year didn't help, but i thought for sure that cooler head would prevail and that somehow they would found a way to bring him back.

Neville would never become a major star in WWE, the guy never stood out and the fact that he wrestled like a cruiserweight didn't help him out throughout is run. His saving grace in WWE was the creation of the cruiserweight division as he had more freedom in the division then he would have ever had in the overcrowded Heavyweight division. He was a great heel and was slowly helping the division get notice. Vince thought enough of him to build the division around him, too bad that he didn't work out. So if that true and he been officially release, then let's hope he can make some sort of a mark on the indy'S because guys like him or a dime a dozen now and unless he does the u.k scene only, he might not be as over as he once was after a few months on the indy and the WWE lure fade out.

If this is legit, then my guess as to one reason why Neville may not have wound up as part of NXT UK is due to hard feelings on both sides. Neville asked to be released from his contract, it was refused and I have no idea how much Triple H had to do with it, or if he had anything to do with it. Neville had been one of the only guys worth watching in the Cruiserweight Division when it was under the thumb of Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn, so my guess is that the friction lies between Neville and Vince rather than Neville and Triple H. I could be wrong, but keeping a guy under contract who has told you that he doesn't want to be there just to keep him from working somewhere else sound cheap, petty and really kind of vindictive; in short, it's more in Vince's wheelhouse and goes against everything I've read about Triple H's management style.

Neville's still a young man and could potentially shine elsewhere. You could easily see him in Impact or Ring of Honor, possibly even New Japan. His athleticism and high flying style would also be very much at home in Lucha Underground, CMLL or AAA,

From what i've heard about VInce over the years, unless you're a big star, if you're not happy with the way you're treated in WWE, he will be more then happy to give you your release because the last thing he wants is somebody that's not happy on his roster. So if Neville really wanted is release and went directly to Vince about it then i have no doubt that vince would have let him go on the spot because Neville wasn't a big enough star to keep on the roster for the sake of it.

So i'm guessing that's not the problem, i feel it the whole thing falls on HHH's shoulders, The fact is, he's the head of talent relations so everything goes through him anyway. If he doesn't want to let somebody go then he's not going to let him go. That's why the roster is way to big at the moment for both the main roster and NXT, because HHH would rather try and steall as much talents from the indy's then actually release anybody. You have at less 50 guys if not more that could benefit from being release at this point including Neville but HHH is too scared of letting them go because that mean that if they are free to go somewhere else, it's competition for both WWE and NXT and that's the last thing he wants in my opinion.

This is only my opinion but i feel like the whole Neville situation revolve around HHH more then Vince at this point. Vince wasn't scared of releasing people, HHH is. I hope one of 2 things happens, either a) that the whole report was false and that neville will come back, (and it seem like this might happen since the a rumor going around that he was in pittsburgh yesterday and that's were the WWE medical team is located), or his contract ran out and they will be confirming his release in the coming days.

The latest news reports states the reason why WWE didn't release Neville was for the sake of not allowing a precedent to be set in which a wrestler could just walk out, be released from his or her contract and then be allowed to compete anywhere. His contract was essentially frozen and when it officially expired, Neville was free and clear without any sort of no compete clause being in effect. What sucks all the more for Neville was, unless I'm mistaken, he wasn't being paid for the remainder of his deal.

It's disappointing but, at the same time, I understand why WWE went this route. I also understand Neville's perspective as all the money in the world doesn't mean a whole helluva lot to some people if they're miserable. I don't know if Neville had requested a release, only to be refused, before he walked out or not. If it's the former, then it's easier to understand as it makes WWE look petty but if it's the latter, then it sorta comes back on Neville a bit. If this is legitimate, then there's no real "good guy" and "bad guy" here, at least not clear cut as it sounds like both sides come off a little petty. I mean, WWE comes off like the typical corporation bigfooting itself all over the place while Neville comes off as pissy because he didn't wanna do what his bosses told him.

If Neville requested to be let out of his contract, I think WWE should've let him go, enforce the 90 day no compete clause, part amicably and maybe see if both sides can come back together a few years down the road. If Neville, after just having had enough, simply walked out and then wanted to be let go, then I can see things from their side of the fence too.

I've read the same report and i get why they did what they did. If i remember correctly and i might be totally wrong on this but i think that the initial report when he walk out was that he just lost it in the locker room when they ask him to job to Enzo again and just took his stuff and left without talking to anybody before leaving and then he didn't ask for a release and just went home without talking to them. That's what i remember. In the end, the last thing you want if you're WWE is for somebody who's just walk out on the company to just walk off and expect that he can make money off what they created. That's understandable and that's a decision that was made by HHH at the time, it must have been a hard one to make but he did the right decision for the company in the end.

I don't see them making a big deal about his release, he's probably going to be one of the rare one that's won't have a official statement on the website about his release mostly because i'm sure their still a lot of bad blood between Neville and WWE over what happened.

Will the extended time off hurt neville on the indy's. Maybe because they're not as much Buzz coming in for him as he would have had when he left last year. I read he was interested in going to New Japan but then again with all the talent they have right now, will they still be interested in signing him? Time will tell. In a way, i hope that this didn't hurt him too much because he was just beginning to be a star with the whole king of the cruiserweight gimmick and it would be a shame to not see him become a bigger star on the indy's because of that.

Another interesting thing that just got release on the internet is the fact that Neville as been turning down indy bookings since PWinsider pretty much confirm that he got his release from WWE.

So i know meltzer said it was for legal reason but what if Neville secretly either resign with WWE. The fact is WWE didn'T confirm his release and they always confirm when a talent is release. Plus the fact that before this whole release thing was announce in the dirt sheets, Neville did go to pittsburgh for something which is were WWE contracted talents usually go to get their physical. So probably they're way more to this story that meets the eye right now and i'm excited to see what's gonna come of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back