Neville Asks to Leave WWE?

Discussion in '[Hidden] World Wrestling Entertainment' started by THTRobtaylor, Oct 10, 2017.

1. THTRobtaylor

THTRobtaylor Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist

Wow, stunned but at the same time totally understand if this is the case...

From his perspective, he's held 205 for a while, done well, got kudos for his personal improvement and being one of the better things WWE is putting out.

Then suddenly, not only is he "out" as Crusier champ but replaced with two main roster guys... This in itself isn't an issue if he is replacing them.... but it seems there may actually be no plan for Neville right now?

At best this is a chance for him to fight his corner...and it may yet be an angle to get him to the main roster... at worst this is a borderline CRIMINAL waste of a talent.

Those "brass rings" Vince talks about seem more worthless every time this happens... forget the Brit I am... this guy is totally top 20 talent in the world... and he wants to go? This could of course also be a Jinder style move... with Vince/Trips blessing to season... but it could be both still seeing "The Mighty Mouse" guy who has an accent...

What do you guys think? angle? let's face it he's a great partner for Shane vs Zayn and Owens... or is this REALLY WWE fucking up another great chance at a guy who might not be World Champ.... but is legit a contender...

2. Rainbow Yaz

Rainbow Yaz Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
    E-Fed Mod

I think it’s a bit odd that the reports are coming in so late in the day, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they are true. He has basically just generic, but insanely good, high flyer for his initial run, gets hurt, comes back as a good heel in the cruiserweight division, then drops the title to fucking Enzo, and apparently was so unhappy he walked out of Raw last night.

The truth is Neville is too good for 205, but can’t seem to grasp those imaginary brass rings. I actually think he would be a good fit in Japan.

3. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Let wait until this is confirm because as of now, the dirt sheet are 0 and 2 with the reports of wwe performers asking for their release. They reported that primo and epico ask for their release yet their still with the company and just on injury leave.

They reported that rusev and lana ask for their release yet their still their.

So this neville rumor as of now for me is just that a rumor.

Wildcat66 likes this.
  4. BestSportsEntertainer

BestSportsEntertainer I Don't Need No User Title

I can understand why Neville would want to leave WWE.

As others have said, he's too good for the cruiserweight division but doesn't appear to have a place on the main roster.

He would be a good fit in New Japan or Ring of Honor.

5. THTRobtaylor

Maybe that's true... The AJ trail seems a good path.

This could still be an angle, he "quits" only for Bryan or Angle to not allow it... and move him up.

But this seems more like the first of the post Jinder era, where guys can get their release, go off for a while and come back... sad as Nevillle is FAR ahead of anything Jinder ever did prior, but the idea of Japan works...

Too many guys have left and come back strong now... Jinder, Drew... perhaps the Ziggler option is now the Neville option? #awkward

6. Wildcat66

Wildcat66 DELETE!

At least Rusev, Primo and Epico have done things in the WWE and have somewhat of a name value in the company. (even if Primo and Epico's has long since passed on)

For all the good Neville has done this year, that's just it: It's all been done this year. Outside of that, he hasn't done much of anything.

I think there's a 50-50 shot that this is legit, maybe this is Neville realizing that things just aren't working out and deciding it would better to forge his own path elsewhere.

Or maybe Neville hates Enzo's guts and we didn't even know about it. (In that case, thanks a lot Enzo.)

7. THTRobtaylor

His last tweet was apparent "rage" at what WWE did for merch, so yeah, seems legit... and I can get it... worked his ass offf, created something interesting and cool and the best they could do was a shit T-shirt that he called an atrocity?

8. Rainbow Yaz

E-Fed Mod

Most of his tweets are in character, so I’m not sure how much stock is put into his being upset over his shirt being crap. Not every guy who is granted his release is given it either, so I’d keep those two things in mind.

9. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

It's too soon as there's no way of knowing one way or another. There are reports that the original plan for last night's Cruiserweight Championship match was for Neville to challenge Enzo but, for whatever reason, it was changed to Kalisto vs. Enzo. The same reports also say that the original idea was for Neville to lose in his effort against Enzo.

Neville has been doing some really good work in WWE, he's single handedly been what's made anyone care about the Cruiserweight Division at all. So, if Neville is ultimately going to spend his time spinning his wheels in the division, if he's not going to have any opportunity to move up the roster, then it's hard to blame him if he has quit. Neville is a young man and it's understandable that he doesn't want to spend the rest of his career with no chance of advancement in WWE. He can potentially go elsewhere, such as New Japan for instance, and be viewed as more of an asset to the roster.

When you consider WWE looks to be keeping Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion for the foreseeable future, the arguments of Neville "not being good enough anyway" just don't really hold up; they don't really hold up for most others as well when you consider that Jinder may well be the most underwhelming WWE Champion of them all. In my opinion, Jinder is an example of Vince definitely choosing cosmetics over ability and if the impression has been given to Neville, or if he's been pretty much told for that matter, that he's not gonna rise above his current level in the company, then I can't blame him if he wants to leave.

10. THTRobtaylor

This makes sense to me... if Vince EVER wants a Brit WWE champ then Neville right now is his best bet, but maybe they (or he) think he needs time away to move up the card somewhere else...

As a fan of what the guy achieved, I am angry... for him personally it's probably fantastic... he is gonna rival/match Ziggler money and be better off for it.... like I said, seems wasteful for no reason tho....

11. stingray11214

stingray11214 Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie

I could also see Billy Corgan signing Neville for the NWA, and make him a centerpiece for the rebuilding promotion.

12. BigDaddyKewl

BigDaddyKewl Getting Noticed By Management

I think the WWE should try to hold on to Neville and move him to the main roster. Hes really shined in the Cruiserwieght division and has improved a mic and devoloped his heel persona. He's peaked on 205 live and has gone as far as he can go. I'd say move him to Smackdown and Neville can put on some clinics against the likes of Styles, Ziggler, Nakumara, Roode Etc.

13. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

The mark of the "cruiserwieght" would forever haunt him. He's stuck in there, can't really do anything else other than being a cruiserweight. He can't go for the tag titles, IC or US titles. That's the reason the Cruiserweight Division should have been a part of NXT. So when you're called up, if you're ever called up, you are set free from it. Aries and Neville are too good to be part of WWE's D show.

EDIT: Or at least have RAW and SD as the main shows and have the 205, NXT and a UK show as seperate things. But featuring the Cruiserweights on RAW might advertise the division but it also leaves a "this guy is a cruiserweight" mark.

14. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

He was probably told he'd be festering on 205 Live until it was his turn with the belt again. He probably enquired and asked if they would be doing anything serious with him and came to the correct conclusion that he's best leaving. The longer you stay in that division, the harder it'll be to change people's perception of you. Smart move.

15. Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff

Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff Getting Noticed By Management

If Vince wants a Brit WWE champ, he needs to get Pete Dunn onto the main roster some how. The boy is incredible as a heel. He's incredibly over where ever he goes.

16. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

Dunne really is entertaining and goes out of his way to be a genuine, old school type of heel. However, I think Dunne will have the same sort of problem that a lot of guys on the roster have, or at least it's a problem for Vince, in that he doesn't have the "look" about him. Dunne has kind of a pockmarked face, doesn't have a particularly good body and doesn't have that alpha male look that Vince is so fond of. Which, to be fair, I think it's also FAR for Dunne to even be in the WWE Championship or Universal Championship conversation because the guy's only 23 years old. If Dunne were to be put in the main event too soon and didn't stay there long, for whatever reason, there'd be the stigma that he was a failed main eventer that could sabotage the rest of his time in WWE or that could, at the very least, hang over him for years. However, if he did go to the main event and be a frequent/constant presence, then what we'd have is, potentially, another Randy Orton situation where a really young guy gets pushed so hard and so frequently that he winds up doing just about everything there is to do before he's out of his 20s, thereby creating the feeling going forward as he's someone who's just kind of spinning his wheels. If there are no real challenges left, no real accolades to accomplish, then it can really diminish interest in someone.

If/when such a time for a push for Pete Dunne ever comes, I'll feel a lot more secure about it if Vince McMahon is no longer calling the shots and Kevin Dunn no longer has the same sort of influence he currently has.

As far as the situation with Neville goes, Dave Meltzer is reporting that Neville did indeed walk out of Raw Monday night but WWE says he hasn't quit the company. Even if Neville wants to quit, that's no guarantee that WWE will let him out of his contract, just ask Daniel Bryan about that, so the whole situation is up in the air at this point. If Neville wants out of the Cruiserweight Division and hopes to move up in the company, it's hard to blame him because the guy's worked hard and has done a really good job despite being given little to work with so I would think that's someone that's earned a shot at advancing up through the ranks of the company.

17. Aeon Mathix

Aeon Mathix Has Ascended

Outrageous if true. Neville is one of the best talents WWE has at the moment which is saying quite a bit when you look at who they have. There's no reason to believe that he couldn't be tearing up the midcard scene on either show. He's in the Cruiserweight division but is there anyone who doesn't think he could whoop Miz's ass believably? Guy is more jacked than most main roster guys.

I've been a big fan since his Pac days and he was one of the best things about NXT. If all of this is true (and this seems to be a big IF right now) then I can't blame him for wanting to leave. The Cruiserweight Division is a joke and has been since it began. The whole marketing of it was watch tiny guys fly around and have insane matches. Now it's watch tiny guys wrestle the exact same style of match as everyone else, but they are small and have purple stuff around them when they wrestle! The division has become what the Divas matches used to be: The piss break. That's no fault of any of the talents but all on the booking.

I'm not saying if it was me I would have left, but when you are the champion and relegated to kick off shows every pay per view (one of which was WrestleMania where not only was it the best match of the night, it didn't even make the DVD), and placed as a buffer between main events so people could grab Nachos, I can easily understand the frustration especially someone of Neville's talent.

18. The Life Of Pablo Ren

The Life Of Pablo Ren I know my name/avi/sig don't match.

If the rumored reason why is the actual reason why, this is one of the rare times I'm going to take the company's side on a situation like this.

I don't really know what more Neville could have wanted. They spent the better part of a year building an entire division around him, granted it was the Cruiserweight division, but still. He surely knows couldn't stay champion forever, and he hasn't even had his proper rematch for it. I could understand if he was just floundering for months with nothing to do, but he was still very much in the "main event" scene of that division, it hasn't even been a month since he lost the title.

Unless they promised him something and then they went back on it, this doesn't make Neville look good.

Wildcat66 likes this.
  19. Wildcat66

Wildcat66 DELETE!

Here's my take: I don't know what Neville was thinking about when he walked out of RAW, maybe he realized he had accomplished all he realistically do in WWE and deciding to move out to greener pastures...or maybe there's something about Neville that we didn't know about, maybe he's got an entitled attitude or something.

I'm not really sure what else Neville could have wanting from being the division's god, the guy basically made the division what it is today. WWE understands that and they've booked him as such. Did he want to be on the main roster? Did he not want to lose to Enzo? Did WWE promise him something that they did not keep? Is it an angle?

This is one of those situations where we kind of need a little more information before we can make an esteemed guess as to what Neville's fate is in the company. Personally, I think he stays; but it's 50-50 on that perspective, but if that's why he left; maybe WWE had a reason not to push him back in the day or the newfound fame got to Neville's head. Whatever it is, it's not looking too good.

20. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

If they refuse to release him I propose Enzo hires him as his heavy. Then Neville can protect him for a few months until he turns face and they have the first match on the Mania pre-show.

21. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The more i Read about this the most it feel like a made up story to get people talking. If Neville really wanted to leave, he had so much more opportunity to walk out on them and ask for his release when they actually weren't doing nothing with him.

If it's true, then i kinda would have to side with WWE on this. They put a lot of effort into actually make him the face of the cruiserweight division and made him a better character, and that's how he repays them really. Neville role in the WWE is limited especially as a single mostly because of his size. The guy wouldn't work well as a top tier guy going for the WWE title, pretty much the same thing that i would have said about Austin Aries before he left, and while he became a great heel, their too many guys that are like him in the midcard. So i get that is career would have stall in the cruiserweight division especially since he would have became the number 2 heel behind Enzo and the number 3 guy behind Enzo and Kalisto but he still was a featured guy in that division something that he would never be able to get on the regular roster.

So in the end, While they do need him for the cruiserweight division, he'S not as important as he once was. So if it'S true and he'S really unhappy, i'm sure Vince would grant him his release because everybody knows that vince don't want unhappy people in WWE.

Wildcat66 likes this.
  22. Navi

Navi With the safety off!!

This was all over the dirt sheets a day ago but nothing since. If he did ask for his release then it's a shame because he seemed to have find his groove at 205 Live. The problem is, he had already gone through most of the roster there and was undefeated, so what else was there for him to do.

He is certainly a better wrestler than Enzo is, Kalisto would have been a lot more challenging, but Enzo please. My cat could beat Enso, he is trash. Enzo does his best work on the mic, but gotta give it to the guy for trying.

How many people watch 205 Live on a good night, so will Neville's departure even be noticed by most WWE fans, I think not. Considering though we haven't heard anything new this might just be a work. Kind of a silly work as Neville has promoted himself as the King of the Cruiserweights and after one loss throws his toys out of the pram and walks out. Makes him look like the court jester.

23. Rainbow Yaz

E-Fed Mod

Your cat is trash? That's just mean girl.

I do kind of agree that he looks stupid for taking his ball and going home if he did indeed walk out of Raw and ask for his walking papers after one loss as has been reported. This isn't a Cody Rhodes situation where he has been spinning his wheels for a while and playing a character he didn't like in nothing matches. Neville had a division being built around him, even if it was a shitty division.

Here is the thing I don't think people are seeing, even if I agree that Neville's talent has been wasted. If he leaves 205, where does he go? Raw is packed right now, and even Smackdown isn't exactly the land of opportunity.

Having said that, I think maybe he realized his ceiling for a while would be 205, and just decided to take his WWE fame and try his luck elsewhere.

24. Navi

Navi With the safety off!!

My cat would claw the skin of your arm, she's a bitch when she gets going. I'd put her in a fight with anyone.

I agree he's not Cody Rhodes who didn't want to play a character they wanted him to play. That being said, Rhodes has done pretty well for himself since he did leave. So well that the WWE has apparently according to some been offered a match or appearance at the upcoming Starcade.

Neville on the other hand doesn't come from a wrestling family like the Rhodes. I watched a documentary on Neville a year or so ago, it was always his dream to be a wrestler in the WWE. Well he's made it and like you said they built a division around him.

What they could have done was pair him up with someone like Sami Zayn. They are friends outside the ring and would make a great tag team. Zayn has the quickness and Neville the power. I like Neville and it is a shame to see him go like this if the rumour mill is correct.

25. JoeMallard

JoeMallard Getting Noticed By Management

Owens did post a picture talking to Neville backstage recently, I could see this all leading to a stable of former NXT champions for a Survivor Series match. If he does leave, he can virtually go anywhere he wants.