NBA Playoffs Spam Discussion

Finals MVP should've went to James but if anyone on Golden State deserves it it's Iguodala, he played the biggest part in Golden State turning it around.

I'm a Cowboys fan and my buddy is a Giants fan. I remember when we were kids that he would roll his eyes when I would say how happy I was that the Cowboys had won the Super Bowl. Then about ten years later the Giants finally win one. I get a text:

"I was wrong. It's better than you said it was."

If a certain NFL team ever wins the Super Bowl in my lifetime, you may not hear from me for a week, maybe more.

I can say that a team I follow has won a championship in my life time (2 actually), but that was the Twins when I was 2 months and 4 years old respectively, so that really didn't have that impact.

Very happy for the Warriors winning this championship. Such a good story if either side won the title. Gotta give it up for Iguodala who forced Lebron to work that much harder for points. I'm telling you, Lebron had to bleed for those points no matter how many points he scored. Props to Lebron though, he certainly is a great basketball player but one person can't and will never beat five people.

Speaking of idiotic...Andre Iguodala for MVP? A guy who averaged roughly 16 points a game in the Finals who guarded a guy who averaged roughly 36 points a game and is almost universally agreed to be the only reason this series wasn't a complete blowout? LeBron scored 32 points tonight and it LOWERED his scoring average for the series. What a joke.
Sly, I'm not sure why you keep hatin' on the Warriors so much. You gotta give Iguodala props. You're such a numbers guy the way I see it. Sure, numbers are numbers but there are other factors you gotta consider when choosing a Finals MVP. Overall though, the Finals was awesome and I can't wait til next season.

The best team won. Cavs had no offence without Lebron so it is expected that Lebron would put up huge offensive numbers and his efficiency would drop off. Even so, Andre won the MVP for lowering the best player's shooting percentage to way below his average and being the most consistent player on the winning team.

Kind of curious when has the MVP not won the finals MVP when his team won?

100% correct, but unfortunately idiots will still criticize him for it. I hate idiots.

Speaking of idiotic...Andre Iguodala for MVP? A guy who averaged roughly 16 points a game in the Finals who guarded a guy who averaged roughly 36 points a game and is almost universally agreed to be the only reason this series wasn't a complete blowout? LeBron scored 32 points tonight and it LOWERED his scoring average for the series. What a joke.

Do you hate idiots that uses only raw stats from the boxscore to argue about the impact of a player in a game?

Jerry West is the only person who ever did it in I believe 1969 but it's Jerry West and he's awesome.

I think they tend to avoid it due to the awkwardness of giving out the award.

"Congratulations, you are the best player in the series. By the way, your team lost."

They gave it to West probably as a lifetime award.

I would think that has something to do with it but in certs in circumstances I can see it. Much like West who averaged 38 points a game and had a triple double in game 7, in situations like that you pretty much have no choice.

Either way I agree getting a Finals MVP in defeat isn't putting a smile on to many players faces so they favor the winning team but in regards to this year, even though I feel LeBron deserved it I have no problems with it going to Iguodala, he was the guy that turned the series around.

Sly, I'm not sure why you keep hatin' on the Warriors so much.
I'm not sure why people struggle so mightily with the whole "if it's not black, it has to be white thing". Where in the world have I ever "hated" on the Warriors? You and Alastor both don't seem to understand the difference between criticizing a decision and "hatin'" on someone.

You gotta give Iguodala props.
He was important for his team. Sure. And I've always enjoyed watching him play, because he always plays hard and plays the right way. But he wasn't even close to the most valuable player in this series. And the guy he guarded was the one who averaged nearly 36 points a game.

You're such a numbers guy the way I see it.
No, I'm a common sense guy. That's the difference between me and a lot of people.

Common sense...do the Warriors have a great chance at winning this series if they do not have Iguodala on the roster? Yes. Did the Cavaliers have even a prayer of winning this series if they do not have LeBron on the roster? Of course not.

Iguodala wasn't the most valuable player in this series, whether you look at the huge discrepancy in stats or not.

Sure, numbers are numbers but there are other factors you gotta consider when choosing a Finals MVP.
Like value brought to a team? Iguodala didn't even start the first few games...LeBron is universally agreed to be the only reason the Cavaliers even kept it close. For example, in Game 5, Lebron was responsible for 70 of his team's 91 points. You're telling me there's someone who has been more valuable than that?

There is no universe and no argument where Iguodala was more important than LeBron, either to his team or this series. The ONLY reason Iguodala won the award is because the Warriors won the title. That's it. That was the ONLY reason LeBron didn't win the Finals MVP unanimously and everyone knows it.

So they might as well not bother calling it the Finals MVP, but rather the "award to an important player on the team who won the series".
Do you hate idiots
Yes, which is why I stopped responding to you.

that uses only raw stats from the boxscore to argue about the impact of a player in a game?
If you're insinuating that's all I'm doing, then I'll go ahead and point out your incredible dishonesty and idiocy once more. If you're legitimately asking, let me know. But given your past propensity to lie and say stupid things, I'm betting this is just more of your dishonesty.
but in regards to this year, even though I feel LeBron deserved it I have no problems with it going to Iguodala, he was the guy that turned the series around.
There would have been nothing to turn around if not for James. I know you agree with me, I'm just saying Iguodala wasn't the most valuable player in this series and everyone knows he only won because his team won the series.

If you put their stat lines side by side or just watch the games without keeping track of the score, there will not be one person in this world who would argue the MVP should have gone to anyone but LeBron.

I understand where you're coming from Sly, but you using "If James was gone this series would be a joke" (or thereabouts) argument makes it sound like you'd vote for Peyton Manning as MVP of the season he was out with injury. Don't get me wrong. I can see your argument just fine. I was just saying... But also, knowing how much you use numbers, I know you really wouldn't ;)

I just felt like you weren't giving Iguodala enough credit for his performance in these finals but I guess it does seem like you aren't exactly "hating" on the Warriors.

But I guess the biggest question at the end of the day is...did they win? The Warriors won the title so the Finals MVP should come from the champions. And yes, I know there's been one instance where the Finals MVP came from the losing team. To me, it does seem like whoever performs the best in the close out game usually gets the MVP. Kind of happened with Kawhi Leonard last year. Kawhi wasn't great for the entire series but he was good in the close out game.

If a certain NFL team ever wins the Super Bowl in my lifetime, you may not hear from me for a week, maybe more.

Good to know you will be around consistently for the foreseeable future. ;)

No, I'm a common sense guy. That's the difference between me and a lot of people.

A lot of people including the people who pick these awards without taking the title of the awards so literally.

The ONLY reason Iguodala won the award is because the Warriors won the title. That's it. That was the ONLY reason LeBron didn't win the Finals MVP unanimously and everyone knows it.

Unfortunately for yoy the NBA and people who vote on these awards value winning over a literal interpretation of the name of the award.

If you put their stat lines side by side or just watch the games without keeping track of the score

Without keeping track of the score? Are they five years old? Winning matters, the score matters, even with individual awards.

I'm not sure why people struggle so mightily with the whole "if it's not black, it has to be white thing". Where in the world have I ever "hated" on the Warriors? You and Alastor both don't seem to understand the difference between criticizing a decision and "hatin'" on someone.
Funny coming from you who thinks that anyone that devolve into your petty arguments is being dishonest. Same old Slyfox going to quote wars to try to win an argument and when someone else do the same lame trick as you, you just dismiss the argument as frivolous.

I agree with you. You aren't hating on the Warriors. You are hating that the object of your fanboyism Lebron didn't win

Yes, which is why I stopped responding to you.
Pretty sure the reason is you can't admit you were fanboying.

If you're insinuating that's all I'm doing, then I'll go ahead and point out your incredible dishonesty and idiocy once more. If you're legitimately asking, let me know. But given your past propensity to lie and say stupid things, I'm betting this is just more of your dishonesty.
There would have been nothing to turn around if not for James. I know you agree with me, I'm just saying Iguodala wasn't the most valuable player in this series and everyone knows he only won because his team won the series.
I'm not insinuating that's all you are doing. Just saying anyone can read that as you saying Iggy averaged less points. Lebron averaged more points. Therefore Iggy do not deserve to win.

Just because Lebron deserves the award doesn't mean other players do not have legitimate claims to winning it.

If you want to take the name of the award so literally maybe you can petition the NBA to change the award to MVP of the winning team?

I understand where you're coming from Sly, but you using "If James was gone this series would be a joke" (or thereabouts) argument makes it sound like you'd vote for Peyton Manning as MVP of the season he was out with injury.
Manning didn't play, James did.
I just felt like you weren't giving Iguodala enough credit for his performance in these finals but I guess it does seem like you aren't exactly "hating" on the Warriors.
I have no problem with the Warriors at all. I just hate how utterly stupid sports media has become.

But I guess the biggest question at the end of the day is...did they win? The Warriors won the title so the Finals MVP should come from the champions.
...why? The award isn't the most valuable player from the winning team. And if it is, let's just go ahead and change the name of the award.

And yes, I know there's been one instance where the Finals MVP came from the losing team.
The very first year. That's it.

To me, it does seem like whoever performs the best in the close out game usually gets the MVP.
James scored 32 points, 18 rebounds and 9 assists. Iguodala didn't play better than that.
A lot of people including the people who pick these awards without taking the title of the awards so literally.

Unfortunately for yoy the NBA and people who vote on these awards value winning over a literal interpretation of the name of the award.
Then why call it the MVP? Why not call it the "best player for the winning team"?

Without keeping track of the score?
Did you bother to understand the point?

Winning matters
Iguodala didn't win, the Warriors won. LeBron didn't lose, the Cavaliers lost. The MVP is not a team award, it's an individual award.

Funny coming from you who thinks that anyone that devolve into your petty arguments is being dishonest.
No, people who blatantly lie about what I've said, even as I've clearly pointed out it's nothing close to what I've said, are dishonest. Which is you and your insistence that I was trying to use LeBron's playoff performance to stump for him getting the MVP, which clearly was not what I was doing, as I told you numerous times.

You will quit lying about what I said. There's nothing which annoys me more than liars. Stop lying.

Same old Slyfox
Same old Alastor, saying stupid shit and lying.

going to quote wars to try to win an argument and when someone else do the same lame trick as you, you just dismiss the argument as frivolous.
I've done nothing of the sort. Once more, you are lying.
You are hating that the object of your fanboyism Lebron didn't win
No, I'm hating on how sports media is so ridiculous, whether it's Jordan losing to Malone because people were just tired of voting for Jordan or because people criticize Manning because he's "only" won 1 Superbowl (as if the other 21+ guys on the team have nothing to do with it) or because Iguodala wins the Finals MVP for no reason better than because the other 5 or 6 players on his team won the game with him.

Pretty sure the reason is you can't admit you were fanboying.
I think it's funny how you keep saying that, like you think you're cool or something. No, the reason I stopped responding to you is because you're an idiot and a liar. I've given you a second chance, but you just can't stop lying, so I don't see this ending any differently this time.

I'm not insinuating that's all you are doing. Just saying anyone can read that as you saying Iggy averaged less points. Lebron averaged more points. Therefore Iggy do not deserve to win.
And rebounds. And assists. And value brought to the team.

Once more, you are lying. Do you ever get tired of being so dishonest? It's an honest question. Do you not get tired of being a liar?

Sly, who would you call the Warriors' best player over the series?

No, people who blatantly lie about what I've said, even as I've clearly pointed out it's nothing close to what I've said, are dishonest. Which is you and your insistence that I was trying to use LeBron's playoff performance to stump for him getting the MVP, which clearly was not what I was doing, as I told you numerous times.
You deny using Lebron's playoff performances to support your opinion that Lebron deserved the regular season MVP award?

You will quit lying about what I said. There's nothing which annoys me more than liars. Stop lying.
Guess you annoy yourself everyday then.

Same old Alastor, saying stupid shit and lying.
I'll agree to saying stupid shit. But not lying. Seems like you can't accept being called out.

I've done nothing of the sort. Once more, you are lying.
What are we doing here again?

No, I'm hating on how sports media is so ridiculous, whether it's Jordan losing to Malone because people were just tired of voting for Jordan or because people criticize Manning because he's "only" won 1 Superbowl (as if the other 21+ guys on the team have nothing to do with it) or because Iguodala wins the Finals MVP for no reason better than because the other 5 or 6 players on his team won the game with him.
How is the sports media ridiculous for awarding Steph Curry the regular season MVP when his advanced stats numbers is great AND his team was the best regular season team?

Sure most of the time they are ridiculous, but your whole point of ranting is because of your fanboyism. There are just many ridiculous haters and fanboys in sports media. You choose to pick on the haters to suit your narrative.

I think it's funny how you keep saying that, like you think you're cool or something. No, the reason I stopped responding to you is because you're an idiot and a liar. I've given you a second chance, but you just can't stop lying, so I don't see this ending any differently this time.
OK.

And rebounds. And assists. And value brought to the team.

Once more, you are lying. Do you ever get tired of being so dishonest? It's an honest question. Do you not get tired of being a liar?
How is that a lie? Funny you didn't quote me saying Lebron deserving the award. Funny in your previous post you say JamJam and me only seeing black and white in things when you are the one blatantly guilty of it in this whole thread.

Majority of the posts here were in praise of Lebron's performance. Just because we don't support your fanboyism you try to paint us as the same sports media hot takes to suit your narrative.

Then why call it the MVP? Why not call it the "best player for the winning team"?

Because most people are able to understand the flexibility in awarding this type of honor and are not bound by some literal interpretation without complaining.

And James could have won it and that would be fine. The winner does not have to be on the winning team but it does make sense.

Iguodala didn't win, the Warriors won. LeBron didn't lose, the Cavaliers lost.

And Iguodala is a Warrior and Lebron is a Cavalier. One accomplished his goal for the Finals, the other failed.

The MVP is not a team award, it's an individual award.

And Lebron failed to meet his goals and his goals for his team. Not much value in that.

Sly, who would you call the Warriors' best player over the series?
I don't know. None of them were consistent throughout all six games. Hell, I might even argue JR Smith was almost as valuable as anyone on the Warriors squad. Why?
You deny using Lebron's playoff performances to support your opinion that Lebron deserved the regular season MVP award?
You cannot be this damned stupid. Go read the other 4 or 5 times I've already explained to you my position.

Guess you annoy yourself everyday then.
:lmao:

No, I'm not a liar. You, however, are a liar, as I've already shown multiple times in this thread.

I'll agree to saying stupid shit.
First honest thing you've said in response to me this thread, I believe.
But not lying.
No, you have been lying. You continue to ascribe to me a position I've never taken, even as I've explained multiple times I do not hold that position. That's called lying. You are a liar.
Seems like you can't accept being called out.
:rolleyes:

Lying about what someone has said is not calling them out. It's just lying.

How is the sports media ridiculous for awarding Steph Curry the regular season MVP

Go back and read the numerous times I've already addressed this. Again, try honesty for once.

Sure most of the time they are ridiculous, but your whole point of ranting is because of your fanboyism. There are just many ridiculous haters and fanboys in sports media.

You're a dumbass.

How is that a lie?
You really are this stupid, aren't you? Okay, here...read this SLOWLY and see if it sinks into your thick skull.
Me: Andre Iguodala for MVP? A guy who averaged roughly 16 points a game in the Finals who guarded a guy who averaged roughly 36 points a game and is almost universally agreed to be the only reason this series wasn't a complete blowout?

Me: do the Warriors have a great chance at winning this series if they do not have Iguodala on the roster? Yes. Did the Cavaliers have even a prayer of winning this series if they do not have LeBron on the roster? Of course not.

Iguodala wasn't the most valuable player in this series, whether you look at the huge discrepancy in stats or not.

Like value brought to a team? Iguodala didn't even start the first few games...LeBron is universally agreed to be the only reason the Cavaliers even kept it close. For example, in Game 5, Lebron was responsible for 70 of his team's 91 points. You're telling me there's someone who has been more valuable than that?

There is no universe and no argument where Iguodala was more important than LeBron, either to his team or this series. The ONLY reason Iguodala won the award is because the Warriors won the title. That's it. That was the ONLY reason LeBron didn't win the Finals MVP unanimously and everyone knows it.

You: Just saying anyone can read that as you saying Iggy averaged less points. Lebron averaged more points. Therefore Iggy do not deserve to win.
You ignored the fact Iguodala's man averaged nearly 36 points a game compared to his 16, a -20 difference. You ignored the fact I posted (and had no one dispute) the Cavs were only competitive because of James. You ignored James was responsible for 70 of his team's 91 points. You ignored the value James brought to the team. You ignored the fact Iguodala only won because his team won. I said all of that.

You ignored ALL of that just so you could try to say I'm claiming James should have won because he averaged more points, which is now the SECOND time you have lied about my position. That makes you a liar.

You are a liar.

Funny you didn't quote me saying Lebron deserving the award.
Who gives a shit? We weren't talking about YOUR position, you challenged mine.

God, you're a fucking idiot.

Funny in your previous post you say JamJam and me only seeing black and white in things when you are the one blatantly guilty of it in this whole thread.
What in the hell are you talking about? Why is it I feel as if my IQ drops every time I read your inane posts?

Majority of the posts here were in praise of Lebron's performance. Just because we don't support your fanboyism you try to paint us as the same sports media hot takes to suit your narrative.
No, seriously...what the fuck are you talking about? You accused me of putting down Curry when I did nothing of the sort simply because LeBron should have won the MVP and JamJam accused me of hating on the Warriors because James should have won the MVP.

Why do you say so many stupid things? Pay attention to what's actually been said before you reply.
Every time you say the word fanboy, your credibility takes another hit. You sound like a fucking moron.
It's because he is a fucking moron. He's proven that numerous times and not just in this thread.
Because most people are able to understand the flexibility in awarding this type of honor and are not bound by some literal interpretation without complaining.

The irony of this comment is hilarious. So the reason we don't call the MVP "the best player from a winning team" is because of the "flexibility" of writers to only vote for a player from the winning team.

I'll give you an opportunity to run from that statement, as you should.

The winner does not have to be on the winning team but it does make sense.
It makes sense if you have players who performed comparably in the series. That's not what happened here.

And Iguodala is a Warrior and Lebron is a Cavalier. One accomplished his goal for the Finals, the other failed.
This is the mindset I've absolutely come to loathe in popular sports culture. Each man is only one player. Trying to claim one is better than another based on the actions of the rest of his team is such a simple-minded thought process. Sports are so much more complex than such a simple-minded thought process.

And Lebron failed to meet his goals
No, the Cavaliers failed to meet their goal. There was nothing more LeBron James could have done.

Not much value in that.
Here's the absurd extreme of this position. Why not give Andrew Bogut the MVP, since he accomplished his goal and LeBron didn't? If you made a list of MVPs, would Bogut be ahead of James on that list? Of course not.

Your position does not hold up to any real scrutiny. Simply saying "well, his team won" not only cheapens the meaning of the award, it's also just indicative of an inability to consider any real variables.

LeBron James was the most valuable player of the Finals and no one really disputes that. Which is why it is silly he didn't win the Most Valuable Player award.

I don't know. None of them were consistent throughout all six games. Hell, I might even argue JR Smith was almost as valuable as anyone on the Warriors squad. Why?

That's pretty much why I asked. I haven't a clue either. LeBron was by far the best player of the series and you'd have to be an absolute loon to think otherwise.

Every time you say the word fanboy, your credibility takes another hit. You sound like a fucking moron.
Because that's what he is. This isn't the first time Sly has put down others to prop up Lebron. Just read his response to M's question.

You cannot be this damned stupid. Go read the other 4 or 5 times I've already explained to you my position.
You explained your position after I pointed out you were trying to use his playoff performances to justify why someone else didn't deserve to win the regular season MVP.

No, I'm not a liar. You, however, are a liar, as I've already shown multiple times in this thread.
:lmao: No you haven't.

First honest thing you've said in response to me this thread, I believe.
No, you have been lying. You continue to ascribe to me a position I've never taken, even as I've explained multiple times I do not hold that position. That's called lying. You are a liar.
Llke this lie?
If the MVP is for season performance, then Steph Curry should not have won

Lying about what someone has said is not calling them out. It's just lying.

Go back and read the numerous times I've already addressed this. Again, try honesty for once.

You're a dumbass.
Classic quote wars again.

You really are this stupid, aren't you? Okay, here...read this SLOWLY and see if it sinks into your thick skull.
I think you are the stupid one.

You ignored the fact Iguodala's man averaged nearly 36 points a game compared to his 16, a -20 difference. You ignored the fact I posted (and had no one dispute) the Cavs were only competitive because of James. You ignored James was responsible for 70 of his team's 91 points. You ignored the value James brought to the team. You ignored the fact Iguodala only won because his team won. I said all of that.
You ignored the fact that the Warriors outscored the Cavs with the highest plus/minus when Iguodala's on the court and the Cavs outscored the Warriors when he sits. I didn't ignore all the stuff you said. I gave James his due props unlike you who just puts down other players to prop up the target of your fanboyism. So who' the liar now?

You ignored ALL of that just so you could try to say I'm claiming James should have won because he averaged more points, which is now the SECOND time you have lied about my position. That makes you a liar.
Again I didn't ignore that. You lied about me ignoring that. That makes you a liar. Do you annoy yourself in the mirror now?

You are a liar.
Seems like I touched a nerve. Liar liar pants on fire?

Who gives a shit? We weren't talking about YOUR position, you challenged mine.
Erm...you? Cause you said I ignored all those things. Who's the liar now?

God, you're a fucking idiot.
God, you're a fucking fanboy.

What in the hell are you talking about? Why is it I feel as if my IQ drops every time I read your inane posts?
Classic Slyfox again.

No, seriously...what the fuck are you talking about? You accused me of putting down Curry when I did nothing of the sort simply because LeBron should have won the MVP and JamJam accused me of hating on the Warriors because James should have won the MVP.
Claiming Curry getting the MVP is a joke isn't putting down Curry? Equating him winning this MVP to voters fatigue ala Malone and Jordan isn't hating? You thinking me and JamJam giving credit to the Warriors = putting down Lebron isn't the same black/white BS you try to paint us with?

You were just mad nobody else is dickriding Lebron.

Why do you say so many stupid things? Pay attention to what's actually been said before you reply.
Why do you keep doing this quote wars to try to dissuade those who differ in opinion with you to continue the argument? Are you so insecure in your opinions?

Because that's what he is. This isn't the first time Sly has put down others to prop up Lebron.
Another lie from you. Seriously, do you ever get tired of lying?

You explained your position after I pointed out you were trying to use his playoff performances to justify why someone else didn't deserve to win the regular season MVP.

Another lie. I NEVER tried to use his playoff performances to stump for regular season MVP and I already explained to you I did not and the difference between what I said and what you continue to lie about what I said.

You're a liar. I am growing quite tired of your lying.

Classic quote wars again.
What does that even mean? I've responded to posts the same way for nearly 10 years across multiple forums. How stupid are you?

I think you are the stupid one.
Because you lie about what I've said? Do you realize how utterly absurd that is?

You ignored the fact that the Warriors outscored the Cavs with the highest plus/minus when Iguodala's on the court and the Cavs outscored the Warriors when he sits. I didn't ignore all the stuff you said. I gave James his due props unlike you who just puts down other players to prop up the target of your fanboyism. So who' the liar now?
You are because you're not even responding to the right thing!

You claimed one could read my post as saying James only deserved it over Iguodala because he scored more points. My response you just quoted called you out on that lie by pointing out ALL the reasons I've claimed James should have been MVP, thus proving your statement about only looking at points a lie.

And now you respond to my evidence of your lie by talking about something completely different than what we were discussing! How incredibly dishonest can one person be?

You're a liar. You continue to lie, even when it's so incredibly obvious you are lying. When you think you can stop lying in our conversation, let me know.

This is a lie. I hate liars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back