NBA Offseason

I'm going to list a few things I want from my Pistons this off season, considering they have about a 95% chance of not making the playoffs...

-fire Stan Van Gundy. Arn Tellem is there to manage the team, and will find a new coach.

-trade Blake Griffin to a bad team for young talent and/or high draft picks. I don't believe they will win anything with him and Drummond, more so due to their monster contracts than how they play together, which I'm not in love with, either.

What do you do with Reggie Jackson? Do you’s keep him or try and move him to wherever. I’m not a Pistons fan so I might be off here but he seems like he could be the flare that Drummond and Griffin need. Bit of toughness that you guys need, though injuries have just ruined him. Also what about Stanley Johnson, he hasn’t made the leap I though he would. Would you keep him around or like to see what you could get for him.

What do you do with Reggie Jackson? Do you’s keep him or try and move him to wherever. I’m not a Pistons fan so I might be off here but he seems like he could be the flare that Drummond and Griffin need. Bit of toughness that you guys need, though injuries have just ruined him. Also what about Stanley Johnson, he hasn’t made the leap I though he would. Would you keep him around or like to see what you could get for him.

Reggie is probably there to stay. I doubt anyone will take his contract. Who knows, maybe he'll be solid, but I would prefer moving him. Stanley is so inconsistent it hurts. Great defender but very up and down on offense. Another guy I wouldn't mind moving. Love Reggie Bullock. He's a keeper. But I would love to move Griffin for talent/picks. Andre is good, too, but paid wayyy too much for him.

Andre is overpaid for sure, especially when you consider he will likely be a relic in a few seasons if the trend of the game continues to move away from paint roaming big men. Griffin was a trade to get people in the arena, you mentioned as much. I doubt they move him, but moving him would be their best bet. I like Ish Smith, I think he could be a solid rotational point for a lot of teams.

They NEED to hit on a draft pick soon. So many of their recent picks have been inconsistent and failed to take the leap from promising prospect to competent and consistent NBA player. Van Gundy is likely going to get the axe soon, but I'm not convinced that he is 100% to blame for the performance.

Andre is overpaid for sure, especially when you consider he will likely be a relic in a few seasons if the trend of the game continues to move away from paint roaming big men. Griffin was a trade to get people in the arena, you mentioned as much. I doubt they move him, but moving him would be their best bet. I like Ish Smith, I think he could be a solid rotational point for a lot of teams.

They NEED to hit on a draft pick soon. So many of their recent picks have been inconsistent and failed to take the leap from promising prospect to competent and consistent NBA player. Van Gundy is likely going to get the axe soon, but I'm not convinced that he is 100% to blame for the performance.

What's going to fill the arena in Detroit is a winning team. We're used to not having a superstar and the fanbase is fine with that. They want a winning team. All of that money tied up in Blake and Andre will make that nearly impossible.

Ish is one of the better backup PG's in the NBA. Way too many stupid decisions to start. And SVG has done an average job with what he has in front of him. Someone else needs a turn.

With Golden State's injury situation (Curry, Thompson, and Durant all out right now) we may genuinely see a new Western Conference team advance to the Finals this year. Thompson might not even make it back this season with his fractured thumb.

Even without Thompson, I would still take GS. Houston is much better than I thought they would be, but I think GS is a bad matchup for them in a seven game series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back