NBA Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flippyskate21

So who does everyone take on winning the finals this year?

I think the heat will win in game 7

I'm going with the Heat in six or seven, although Dallas very well could win it. Depends on what the Heat do to slow down Nowitski.

King O'Ryan said:
I'm going with the Heat in six or seven, although Dallas very well could win it. Depends on what the Heat do to slow down Nowitski.

Ya i agree, and i think nowitski is gonna be the key factor in the series, and how the heat stop him

Nah, Mavs in 6 games easily squashing Shaq and Wade. idk, i really don't care to much about basketball since Charlotte isn't in the playoffs :( lol

Heat in 7.. I think Shaq will dominate the series. But Wade will hit a game winnin jumper in overtime in game 7

The easy way of figuring it out is this:

2 superstars+good role players>1 superstar+good role players.

I'll take the Heat in 6.

Mavericks in 6 or 7. The Mavs overall are better, sure Shaq, Wade, Mourning...getting old and is inconsisent, Payton...ditto, Walker...the same....J. Williams, inconsisent.

Dirk: On fire, Josh Howard: rising superstar, Stackhouse..getting old but is playing great, Diop: Good bench player who will cause Shaq problems.

Mavs got it in the bank, and the last time they played the Heat they squashed them by 36. It'll be difficult but the Mavs has that youth and they have beaten better teams to get to the Finals

the mavs r gonna win...game 7
and Nowitzki is gonna kick some asses like in the game where he scored 50 pts ;-)
i'm german...i have to say that the mavs win^^

Dallas won Game 1, 90-80....

I don't really like the NBA Finals format (2-3-2). Now that the Mavs won Game 1, the pressure is on them to win Game 2, since Games 3, 4, and 5 are in Miami. So the team with home court advantage in under a lot of pressure to win the first two home games. However, since NBA went to this format, no team has ever won the three consecutive home games in the middle. I hope the Mavs win this series since Dirk Nowitski is my current favorite player. I like Dwayne Wade a lot, too, but he is only in his third year so he has plenty of opportunities to win championships down the line. On the other hand, if the Mavs don't win this year, they might not get a chance to return to the Finals since the West is always very tough with the likes of the Spurs and the Suns.

If the Mavs win, the one person I'd feel sorry for is Michael Finlay, who had been a mainstay of the Mavs for years, but left the team so he could win a ring that has eluded him. He went to the defending champions Spurs, but we all knew what happened....

But Shaq is running out of time, he has 3 but I would like him to win one more. But either is fine by me, I am just happy the suns are not in it.

DeathIsARight said:
But Shaq is running out of time, he has 3 but I would like him to win one more. But either is fine by me, I am just happy the suns are not in it.
Funny thing is that Shaq is the last person I'd feel sorry for (if the Heat lose) since he already has three rings. There are guys on both the Mavs and the Heat that I feel deserve a championship....

Heat - Wade, Payton, Walker
Mavs - Nowitski, Terry, Howard

Gary Payton is probably the one guy who I feel deserve the championship the most, since he has come so close several times only to fall short (with Sonics and Lakers). He is a future Hall of Famer and one of the best defensive point guards to ever play the game.

However, the Mavs are my favorite team with my favorite player (Nowitski), so yes I feel torn in this series....

peopleschamp said:
Funny thing is that Shaq is the last person I'd feel sorry for (if the Heat lose) since he already has three rings. There are guys on both the Mavs and the Heat that I feel deserve a championship....

Heat - Wade, Payton, Walker
Mavs - Nowitski, Terry, Howard

Gary Payton is probably the one guy who I feel deserve the championship the most, since he has come so close several times only to fall short (with Sonics and Lakers). He is a future Hall of Famer and one of the best defensive point guards to ever play the game.

However, the Mavs are my favorite team with my favorite player (Nowitski), so yes I feel torn in this series....

I agree. Payton does have a habit of being a timebomb, but he deserves one because he is one of the best defenders in history. But I think The Mavs can get back, with Shaq getting older and worse this may be it for the Heat. But both deserve it.

Yes they do but I'm not sure the Mavs can make the Finals again, they barely took out the Suns and the Suns took them to the limit without Amare Stoudamire, alot of people say if Amare was there, the Suns would have won. Not sure about that but it sure would have been harder....and The Spurs will only get better and the Mavs barely got past them too.

However, about this series I'm all for the Mavs, I like Dirk too but I won't mind if the Heat won though I also do think Payton and Mourning deserves a NBA Title. Both teams played a good game. The Heat did a good job of shutting down Dirk but couldn't stop Jason Terry, the thing that also killed the Heat was their free throw shooting. Wade missed 4 of them and Shaq shot an ugly 1 of 9. That'll kill them in the end if they don't improve on that.

Jackhammer23 said:
Yes they do but I'm not sure the Mavs can make the Finals again, they barely took out the Suns and the Suns took them to the limit without Amare Stoudamire, alot of people say if Amare was there, the Suns would have won. Not sure about that but it sure would have been harder....and The Spurs will only get better and the Mavs barely got past them too.

However, about this series I'm all for the Mavs, I like Dirk too but I won't mind if the Heat won though I also do think Payton and Mourning deserves a NBA Title. Both teams played a good game. The Heat did a good job of shutting down Dirk but couldn't stop Jason Terry, the thing that also killed the Heat was their free throw shooting. Wade missed 4 of them and Shaq shot an ugly 1 of 9. That'll kill them in the end if they don't improve on that.
Shit, how did I forget about Alonzo Mourning! Mourning is arguably one of the best “small” centers in NBA history, on par with Wes Unseld. The guy just personified toughness (by the way he plays and how he returned from his illness) and I do want to see him end up with an NBA Title. I agree with you that it is a lot tougher for the Mavs to get back then the Heat, since the West is clearly the tougher conference.

Mavs went up 2-0 on the Heat last night in a very impreesive performance from the Mavericks. All the players on the Mavs are on fire and are looking to be well on their way to an NBA Championship. The Heat on the other hand not so hot....no pun intended. Shaq only scored 5 POINTS....5 POINTS! The Heat can't win when Shaq is off his game like that and he had another horrible free throw night. 1 of 7 from the stripe. However, The Heat have the next 3 games at home and needs to win at least 2 all 3 would be excellent but believe me that won't happen. If the Mavs go to Miami and wins game 3, then the series is done, over, finished, see ya next season.

I'm a Maverick fan but they choked in game 3. They should have won. Trying to manage the clock instead of trying to score with good shots cost them the game. Bad coaching decision.

Eradicate said:
The easy way of figuring it out is this:

2 superstars+good role players>1 superstar+good role players.

I'll take the Heat in 6.

That was a pretty good guess if I do say so myself.

I sure didn't see Miami winning 4 in a row, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back