Name an Old School finisher that you would like to see ressurrected...

I would like to see a kindof DDT used either jake's standard one, or preferably raven's evenflow becaus ethat is a thing of beauty.

Other than that I also liked:
1) Bradshaw's (I will never call him JBL) clothesline from hell
2) some kind of powerbomb (jacknife = best)
3) D.Lo browns finisher, not sure what its called
4) Fameasser,mr ass finisher
5) I think there is need for a real good submission right now. WWE has byans crossface cenas stfu, taker hells gate, swaggers ankle lock and punks vice grip but some of these are used too infrequently. There needs to be another figure four or sharpshoter, or walls of jericho, something that is a real bonefide game changer, that leaves it quite open, personally i loved bob backlunds crossface chicken wing

D Lo 's sit out powerbomb and the Fameasser/Rocker Dropper are not used much as both have caused expensive lawsuits in the past... D Lo (though not his fault) slipped on some soda thrown in the ring and paralysed Droz with it and the Rocker Dropper broke Charles Austin's neck during the Rockers days and cost WWE about $18m!

Like Taker and Kane are the only guys allowed to use Tombstones, very few guys are allowed moves similar to those that are known to cause injuries... the risks are too great...

Ok so mine is pretty random, but I loved the Rikishi Driver, fairly simple moves but make a great and simple finisher.

I would see someone like Big Show take that, if he were to ever need something more wrestle-like than a punch (which i do think is good).

A Piledriver comes to mind for me, this move just screams finisher. I mean which do you think would hurt you more and someone picking you up and slamming you on your back (AA, Wasteland, Chokeslam etc) or someone picking you up and dropping you straight on your head? I know which one I would be using.

This one isn't really an old school move but I would definitely like to see it used as a finisher more often, I am talking about the Edgecution (Impailer) DDT. This move loooks unique as in unlike the spear no one else hase used it (that i'm aware of) , if done right can be devistatling and most imortantly Edge can actually do it right unlike that weak looking spear.

I'd absolutely love to see someone like Big Show bring back a big splash. Someone like Big Show could make it work, because who in the fuck is going to get up from someone jumping in the air, and then landing with over 500 pounds straight on top of you? The answer is nobody. Bring back this basic move NOW!

You guys named almost all the finishing moves that should be brought back but here are the ones you named and a few more that i miss

Piledriver: Is one of wrestlings most vicious finishers it should be brought back and i want Drew Mcintrye to do it the future shock DDT is a lame move for someone as vicious n egotistical as him

Torture Rack: Is the best back submission for a power wrestler like Chris Masters or maybe David Hart Smith or Skip Sheffield or Jack Swagger so he doesnt try to copy Kurt angle

Stunt Puller: Doink use to use this submission when he was a heel it is painful and hard to get out of and would be perfect for Jack Swagger or Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler because the sleeper doesnt fit him or Alberto Del Rio

Pearl River Plunge: The butterfly power bomb pin was a very affective finisher another move i havent seen since Scott Stiener or Ahmed Johnson would be a great move for Wade Barrett

Tequilla sunrise: Another great submission hold used by Konnan it would be perfect for Swagger as well as Alberto Del Rio

Reverse Death Valley Driver: is one of my favorite finishers that i rarely see anyone do anymore this move would be great for Tyler Rex or Skip Sheffield

Running Powerbomb: Ultimo Dragon used this move on occasion it is one of the best power bombs i have ever seen always wanted to see Batista Run and do this with a Batista bomb

You guys named almost all the finishing moves that should be brought back but here are the ones you named and a few more that i miss

Piledriver: Is one of wrestlings most vicious finishers it should be brought back and i want Drew Mcintrye to do it the future shock DDT is a lame move for someone as vicious n egotistical as him

Torture Rack: Is the best back submission for a power wrestler like Chris Masters or maybe David Hart Smith or Skip Sheffield or Jack Swagger so he doesnt try to copy Kurt angle

Stunt Puller: Doink use to use this submission when he was a heel it is painful and hard to get out of and would be perfect for Jack Swagger or Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler because the sleeper doesnt fit him or Alberto Del Rio

Pearl River Plunge: The butterfly power bomb pin was a very affective finisher another move i havent seen since Scott Stiener or Ahmed Johnson would be a great move for Wade Barrett

Tequilla sunrise: Another great submission hold used by Konnan it would be perfect for Swagger as well as Alberto Del Rio

Reverse Death Valley Driver: is one of my favorite finishers that i rarely see anyone do anymore this move would be great for Tyler Rex or Skip Sheffield

Running Powerbomb: Ultimo Dragon used this move on occasion it is one of the best power bombs i have ever seen always wanted to see Batista Run and do this with a Batista bomb

Oho, the stump puller. Maybe with a serious competitor it could work. And the Pearl River Plunge (aka Tiger Bomb) would be pretty awesome for Barrett, nice work.

Psst, Reks already has a finisher similar to the Burning Hammer, he flips the opponent out into a DDT (Let's be honest, the full-on Burning Hammer is just too dangerous). And finally, a reference to Ultimo Dragon. Actually I wouldn't want the running powerbomb back, too many risks. But here's another one to add to the list: DRAGON SLEEPER. I'd love to see Taker bring this one back seeing as he used it for a while under his biker gimmick.

I would have to go with the powerbomb, when they first started being used it was brutal as hell only the biggest baddest guys used it and it was always devestating , same goes with the clothesline ,some where along the way these moves got pushed aside . Now finally just because i was a huge Black Jack Mulligan and Baron Von Raschke fan , the claw, when was the last time weve seen that used, early 80's maybee?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back