Most Nostalgic T.V Shows

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
So growing up we all had our favorite T.V shows and now when we're a lot older we get that nostalgic feel when we see one of these shows on television and I was really stuggling with what shows made me feel the most nostalgic and in the end I came up with a Top 3

Power Rangers: when I was a kid I wanted to be Tommy. He was so cool and someone who I thought was just awesome. I had all the power ranger figurines knew all their catchphrases, knew everything. Recently when I was in NZ for rugby they were filming at Eden park the day I was taking a tour of the stadium and me and my mates flipped out cause it was the Power Rangers! Awesome memories with this show.

Yugioh-I'll admit back in the day when it first came out I was an avid yugioh tournament player. Of course now about 13 years since it came out its still on T.V and I've watched maybe two episodes just for nostalgic sake and it was awesome but by God the duels back in the older episodes use to be so much cooler. However based on just general nostalgia it was still pretty cool. Why this doesn't beat out Power Rangers is cause it's changed so much that the new game kinda ruins it a bit for me.

Pokemon- I saw episodes 1-267 of Pokemon without missing a day...Fact. This isn't as nostalgic in a tv sense as I still follow the plot lines online and still play the games but after you tubing the return of charizard episode recently it makes the top 3

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles all the way for me. If there's any show that whenever I see it immediately transports me back to my youth, that's the one. G.I. Joe and The Real Ghostbusters would probably round out my top 3.

This is a cool topic as I was just browsing my comcast on demand and found the complete Party of Five Series. I was a 90's teen so a lot of mine come from that time period. I never watched Party of Five so i started and damn it brought me back. Especially with the music. Another one is Beverly Hills 90210. My wife owns that dvd collection, and it is another one that brings me back to my jr high days. The last one I can think of is Tales from the Crypt. I recently bought that dvd collection and it brought me back to an even younger kid than the other two. That show would often times scare the shit out of me, and rewatching it as an adult it is kind of funny.

I never liked the earlier Yu-gi-oh! duels, they bent the rules so much it was ridiculous (see: Yugi's use of the Full Moon for Silverfang, only for it to raise the tide in favor of Mako Tsunami's monsters.) From Battle City and onwards it was great IMO.

Anyways. Sometimes I catch Batman: The Animated Series on The Hub. It's the earliest cartoon I can remember and wow, when I watch it the nostalgia factor is through the roof. Same for The Animaniacs, I really loved that show.

Looney Tunes would rank up there for sure. To this day (if you can find it anywhere) it's funny. That one would take me back.

Another one that not many have probably heard of, and wasn't even my show per se, but I grew up with 2 older sisters, would be Degrassi Jr High.

But one show that spanned from my childhood into my teen years that always takes me back is Married With Children. I still remember seeing the previews for brand new episodes. Now I see reruns and think, "man, that episode was new in 1989? I remember the preview for it."

By the time Party of Five and Beverly Hills 90210 came around I was old enough to know they were for girls.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is another good one Dr.

Gotta be the old nickelodeon shows from the early 90's for me like

- Are you afraid of the dark
- Clarissa explains it all (I fancied Clarissa)
- The adventures of Pete and Pete

And also two other shows that we're not on nickelodeon

- Eerie Indiana my fave show as a teenager
- saved by the bell

Being that I was a huge couch potato as a kid, I watched a whole lot of various shows. But if I have to throw out one in particular, probably DuckTales. The theme song itself just drew me in, and I was a huge fan of Huey, Dewey, and Louie. But this is the first one that comes to mind. I enjoyed all the various Scooby Doo cartoons (there were at least 4 or 5 incarnations by the time I was born), Tom & Jerry, and He-Man, Thundercats, and Silverhawks. An honorable mention goes to the original Land of the Lost as well.

Ah, I have tons of nostalgic TV shows from my childhood. The 2 most nostalgic are probably... X-Men The Animated Series and Jackie Chan Adventures.

X-Men was so much fun to watch as a kid. The storylines were pretty good and lots of my favourite characters were in it, specifically Gambit and Bishop. I spent so many hours watching it. I even watch the occasional episode on Netflix if I get the itch to. Plus, who couldn't love this sweet ass theme tune.

[YOUTUBE]7IzSGvXc_PM[/YOUTUBE]

Jackie Chan Adventures was also another bad ass show that I loved. I was a big fan of Jackie Chan the actor so the show immediately court my eye. The fight scenes were tons of fun and the talismans were cool as fuck.

Add my name to the list for Batman: The Animated series. One of, if not the best intros for any cartoon show ever:

[YOUTUBE]lEx9r5enZsk[/YOUTUBE]

Such a great show, and I can still remember rushing home from school as a kid to watch it on time.

I'd also throw Mortal Kombat: Defenders Of The Realm in there. Cheesy as cheesy can be, but it's Mortal Kombat for kids, so you can't have hearts ripped from chests, Scorpion burning someone to death, and other gruesome fatalities. I think Defenders Of The Realm only ran for one season, and I plan on buying the DVD at some point.

And of course the X-Men animated series. Not a comic book fan, so the series is how I got into X-Men as a kid.

X-Men was so much fun to watch as a kid. The storylines were pretty good and lots of my favourite characters were in it, specifically Gambit and Bishop. I spent so many hours watching it. I even watch the occasional episode on Netflix if I get the itch to. Plus, who couldn't love this sweet ass theme tune.

Ditto. X-Men was one of my fave cartoons when I was around 13-14 and I'm carried back to that time when I watch the episodes on Netflix.

The two other toons that make me feel like a kid again are:

GI Joe: A Real American Hero (80's version): I had over 30 of the action figures (the greatest, most flexible action figures ever, btw) and at least half-a-dozen vehicles. My stepbrother had the GI Joe Space Shuttle and that was the holy grail for me. I watched this cartoon every day.

Transformers (80's version): Same as GI Joe, I watched this toon every morning and had most of the figures. I really liked Transformers because it was darker than a lot of other toons on at that time. For example, in the animated movie, which aired on television, Optimus Prime is killed by Megatron within the first the first 25 minutes or so. That really shocked me as a kid and I always remember how I felt if I ever watch some of the episodes now.

I watched an episode of Pokemon recently and that took me back to my days as a kid, when I would wake up every Saturday morning to watch Pokemon on SMTV Live. It also brought back memories of when me & my friends used to collect Pokemon cards. I can't remember what we were supposed to do with the Pokemon cards but I do remember collecting them.

Spiderman The Animated Series and X-Men Animated Series, which would come on SMTV's rival, Live & Kicking. I always used to switch back & forth between both shows. It was my Saturday morning version of the Monday Night Wars. SMTV won out in the end.

Everytime I see Joseph Gordon Levitt in one of his movies, it always takes me back to 3rd Rock From The Sun. I loved that show as a kid and still do, it's one of my favourite shows. I used to think Tommy was the coolest kid ever and I wanted to grow long hair like him, even though his long hair was a running gag on the show. The other characters on the show would always tell him that he looked a girl and that he needed to go and shave his head, lol.

And The Office UK takes me a back little too.

Most nostalgic for me would have to be Kenan and Kel, Hang Time and My Wife and Kids. It was either Nickelodeon or Trouble as a 9/10 year old for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back